Monogatari

Are you dagnabbit mad?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-27/new-owarimonogatari-tv-anime-is-two-day-special/.118075
twitter.com/nisioisin_anime/status/845433876730175489
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-24/new-owarimonogatari-anime-adapts-3rd-novel-volume-in-summer/.113910
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/25-1/owarimonogatari-anime-season-2-scheduled-for-summer-2017
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>People actually pay for these translations

Thats clearly a photoshop, move on people.

I hope this isn't what they did. You can make 'platinum mad' work in english by relating it to prolific albums going platinum. I read the kizu and bake 1-3 translations and they were mostly ok but instances like this really drop the ball.

Subbing pedo for lolicon was pretty shit

It's real

I am diamond mad

But it doesn't have the same connotations, it doesn't convey the same meaning.
Relating it to records would imply that she's very upset, when she's only a little upset.

Weird change considering they talk about the difference between pedo and lolicon in the book. Did they edit that out?

>dagnabbit
Skeehee is platinum cute!

I'm dangnabbit mad that Owarimonogatari 2 is only going to be a special.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-27/new-owarimonogatari-tv-anime-is-two-day-special/.118075
August? You're goddamn right I'm dagnabbit mad.

Way to ruin my life user

Wow.

How long is it going to be?

Does that mean there won't be Ougi Dark?

I think it will be, donĀ“t know how they would distribute the airtime though.

Not sure what to think of this until we know more about the format/runtime. I did have doubts about it being an entire cour, there's not enough in Owari vol. 3 alone for that unless they really fucking stretched out those Gaen monologues or something.

I never considered for once they would change it, especially when this already exists, though I suppose they're completely independent of each other.

Mayoi deck too OP, pls nerf. How can be I expected to run a Waifu deck if my opponent can just throw down Real Fight and fuck my shit up?

Let it be a reminder to you that the people who license Japanese media don't care at all about the fandom and culture of it. How much must you despise the otakudom not to even check if a catch frase is a catch frase? How much must you despise it?
And now with the crunchy roll and such translations English speaking world will see less and less of quality content, all will be licensed and you will get sued for even trying to fix their mistakes. You'll see localization of names - Araragi? more like Arnold - that's your future. The "sensitive" content, 'culturally alien fan service" all will be censored to pander to mainstream Anglo morality. And the authors will sooner or later self censor wich will be effectively the death of our beloved medium.

I wish anime never got so popular.
>ib4 hypocrite

Kizu and Bake had a different translator who also apparently was recommended by Nisio himself. Nise is translated by some other guy who seems to have no idea about the franchise

Probably going to be about 4 episodes on the first day for Mayoi Hell and Hitagi Rendevouz and 4 or so on the next day for Ougi Dark

I'm mad that probably means we won't get three OPs

Well, time to learn Moonspeak. Seems like the only way to consume Japanese media properly. Is DJT a good start?

Until the BDs at least

I bet they'll give the only OP to Crab just to add insult to injury.

I've been dagnabbit mad since they decided to use abberations instead of oddities

Well that's disappointing

Are Shaft crabfags or something?

She's technically still considered the "main heroine."

Why do they fuck with people like that?
>owari s2, its going to have 13-26 episodes!!!!
>just kidding its nothing
Are japs insane?

>26 episodes
I don't think anyone thought it would be that many, Hitagi Rendezvous is barely long enough for two episodes. Still pretty disappointing

When is Araragi going to marry Cat?

He already did. In her dreams.

so it's mayoi hell + hitagi rendezvous one day and ougi dark the next?
I hope they're longer than a 25 mins

>unless they really fucking stretched out those Gaen monologues or something
Please no, Gaen is already annoying enough just by being here.

Where was it ever actually officially stated that there would be anything like that?

It doesn't say anything about episode count or length. Could be 2 hour long episodes though.

"season 2"
Season implies 13 episodes.

Season like Monogatari: Second Season?

The first season were two different shows, one OVA and three films. Second season is not the second season at all and final season is not the last one. You should stop trusting nips

Where is the official source for that? I'm thinking people just assumed that was what it would be without it ever being stated and it was repeated enough that people believe it is as fact as so often happens here.

Who do I write to to complain about this shit?

How is the overall translation from Nise?
I've read the kizu and bake books and they were very good.
If the new translator is really I'm competent I'm very disappointed.

If all the english speaking sources use the word "owarimonogatari s2" then everyone who cant speak japanese are going to assume its a season 2.
Is there an "official" english source at all? I dont think so.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

twitter.com/nisioisin_anime/status/845433876730175489

The official twitter never mentioned a season just says that there is a new TV anime broadcasting this summer and in July there is a rebroadcasting.

ANN didn't go so far as to call it a season.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-24/new-owarimonogatari-anime-adapts-3rd-novel-volume-in-summer/.113910

Crunchyroll does though even though there is no real basis for calling it that.
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/25-1/owarimonogatari-anime-season-2-scheduled-for-summer-2017

That is western anime "journalism" for you though.

You could try Vertical's twitter or writing the translator directly.

Id say even then its Shafts fault for not caring at all about western audiences.
The youtube pv was region locked to japan and the dailymotion video embedded on ANN article said "s2"

Youtube PVs are region locked most of the time for whatever reason

The only peoples fault it is are those that mistranslated or made false assumptions. SHAFT hasn't mislead you to think its a full cour because someone spread misinformation which western press repeated that you happened to believe. Just take it as a lesson and be more sceptical about the shit that "news" sources like ANN and Crunchyroll post.

If you look at something like Kemono Friends for example they still call that an adaptation of a mobile game created by Nexon when anybody following the series, reading the Japanese interviews with the people involved with the project and doing their research knows that it was a multimedia project conceived by Kadokawa that Nexon have no ownership or involvement with. That much is public knowledge to many western fans but they still repeat the same garbage. Take anything those sites say with a grain of salt.

I'm way past dagnabbit mad, I'm goldarnit mad

Well, if they did a part that was the length of each of the other specials on each day then it would work out great at effectively 8 episodes.

"Aberration" sounds cooler though.

Who the fuck is in charge of translating these even.

The cover says that a James Balzer is responsible for this.

For reference, Ko Ransom did Kizu.

Dagnabbit Disco is my favourite Monogatari OP.

I like Balzer's writing a little better in general. Though Ransom pulls through well in the really tricky translations which are everywhere in the series.

>"color me dagnabbed"
This isn't even funny, just infuriating.

I assume whoever did this isn't actually a fan of the series and doesn't really give a fuck. Just some professional translator paid to translate who didn't do a great job of researching it.

I haven't read Bake or Nise yet, but will be having a look at Vertical's translation of Zaregoto. I read the fan one a few years ago.

So is ragi's police office harem never getting animated?

Just googling Nisemonogatari or Tsukihi would've probably been enough, this is embarassing

DJT isn't bad, but it's certainly been downhill since they were chased out of Sup Forums by retards.
The situation is not quite as bad as with the sadpanda thread, though.

While we are on the topic: How did the buyfag thread manage to stay on Sup Forums?

It just seems like if you are a professional translator for this kind of stuff you would at least want to see what the existing translations use and the fanbase of the material are used to when you come across something that is nonsense like that instead of just making up something entirely new.

Don't you Monogatari bloodsuckers have enough already? holy fuck. It's not like Shaft will stop sucking Nisio's dick anytime soon anyway.

They took the guide out of the OP until the panic died down.

It's not like Shaft has anything better to work on.

Why the hell did they switch translators? Ko seemed to be doing a pretty good job with Kizu and Bake.

They might though, it will get much riskier to adapt after zoku. But considering the market even if it drops as low as 10k it will still be top 3 seller of any season.

What is there even to "translate"?
She literally says "purachina (mukatsuku)".

That's like retranslating "kindergarten" as Kleinkindaufbewahrungsstelle.

3 month release schedule is too much for 1 translator

It's an additional translator. Not a replacement translator.

It is one of those "liberal" translations gone wrong I think. The translators seems to have thought "What is a nonsense term that people might use for being mad in English that I can put there".

Fuckkkkkkkkkk
Anyone have the old Bake-Tsuki translations?

fucking worst girl, snek bully

So when/where do we get Ko back?

Neko Black

Not even Nadeko's lies could make it look like Tsukihi wasn't sincerely trying to act in her best interest.

I would much rather have slower translations than them trying to rush these books out.

No one likes snake anyways.

Nise was never translated, we're stuck with this

kuso

>tries to get Koyomi to spent more time with her
>the only person who remembered Nadeko's birthday but went out so she could spent some time alone with Koyomi
>would have supported her love even though she sees Gahara as the perfect fit for her brother
>visits her every day after the Koi
>helps Nadeko with manga project
>prays that she will feel better soon
>literally dies to some stupid shit Nadeko drew

Tsukihi is a way better friend then that murderer deserves

>>literally dies to some stupid shit Nadeko drew
Wait when
also >spoilers

Tsukihi finds out that Yotsugi is alive in Tsukihi Undo. Doll pretends to be magical girl, let's snek draw the slug Kaiki used on her as an opponent. Birb and Doll face of against monster slug, birb pushes doll out of the way and dies to slug. Both then get saved by god Mayoi

Alright, that one wasn't completly Nadeko's fault but still

>people care about adaptations
They're shit though, Shinbo's style was tolerable in Bake but late series just butchered the source and cut everything important, not to mention lack of expressions. Oishi's take on Kizu isn't that bad though.

>the only person who remembered Nadeko's birthday but went out so she could spent some time alone with Koyomi
Koyomi himself did remember too. He just wished he was spending the day with his girlfriend or whatever instead, he threw that party out of his own will though because he does(/did?) consider Nadeko to be his friend.

Bake cuts stuff out too. Nadeko Snake's probably one of the more 'butchered' arcs in the anime as far as cut scenes/dialogue is concerned.

Bake is directed by Oishi essentially. The rest of the series is directed by Tomoyuki Itamura. It's all the same though really Shinbo is Chief Director even though its credited slightly different on Bake then the actual director works under him.

It's better that way, Shaft is still probably on fire

what how is it better though?
im sure they have enough material for a half season

Vertical just had it retitled and revised, so I don't think a whole lot would change

I was referring to the fact that they have a two-cour series in the Fall, Fate in the Winter, and that they're still not done with Zaregoto. I'm even surprised they could do something else, to be honest. Also, the special will essentially be a half season. It works out better though because having it all at once is nice.

Not to mention their film in August with the Crab lookalike.

>there are people who will unironically defend this

> Also, the special will essentially be a half season
well they didin't say anything about the lenght so for all we know it could just be 2 20-30 minute OVA's

Well, color me dagnabbited

Dagnam them!

>Who the fuck is in charge of translating these even.

Elmer Fudd.