Why don't they animate more shoujo manga?

That's the same girl, just in different outfits, right?

I guess there's not much incentive since shoujo manga adaptions rarely sell well.

I think Japanese shoujo readers are more interested in live action.

Are you reading any shoujo manga lately Sup Forums?

Yuzumori-san.
But it's a bit painful that it takes a hundred years for a new chapter to be released.

But that's yuri and lolicon

Mermaid boys is pretty fun

because hikikkomori otaku who waste thousands of dollars on BDs and merch are usually males

Because Josei is superior, I can't remember the last good shoujo that I readed or watched, I think it was akatsuki no yona

Josei only seems good because so little of it actually translated into english.

I know. Isn't it great?
And I could swear it was serialized in a shoujo magazine.

No, it was the MC in different series by the same author, but you already know that.

Maybe if they cut down on the ntr part, they'll be actually readable

Well the drawing style is certainly shoujo-esque but I wouldn't recommend Yuzumori-san for little girls

Honestly this. Everytime some shoujo manga attracts me with an interesting premise it turns into an ntr fest out of nowhere.

The magazine it runs in is pretty obviously aimed at guys.

But they don't adapt much Josei either, to my great disappointment.

Local store brought Girl Friends so I bought it just so they keep buying yuri and I'm re-reading it for the 1038th time.

>MC girl is building up relationship with that nice guy
>developing feelings for him
>suddenly assertive dick comes in
>force kisses the MC girl
>the dumb bitch develops feelings for BOTH of them
Template for 90% shoujo manga right here

>assertive dick
Maybe I'm just good at picking series, but I don't come across this type as much as I used to in the early/mid 00's.

Why? Most Josei is shit

Because the demographic isn't as profitable for anime, obviously. Did you really need to ask? Shoujo/josei get live-action way more than they do anime.

Yeah, yeah, most of everything is shit.
I still want my season 3 of Chihayafuru and a 7seeds anime.

Maybe if they adapted the shoujo Mangas I like they would actually sell

fujos only buy homomanga

Do you know what fujos are?

Young ones these days

The female demographic that actually spends money?

Pretty much. Otome whales don't actually spend that much in anime and fujoshit are the only ones who buy BDs and merch.

One thing that's always confused me about chihayafuru is that if it's a josei manga, then why do most Japanese people on the net refer to it as a shoujo?

Not true for manga.

>Otome whales
I'm pretty sure otomefags contribute a large amount to utapri sales. Although it think it's true that they prefer things like drama cds or manga.

I don't know about that, but if I had to guess it'd be that they're just using shoujo as a catchall, which they sometimes do (certain awards only have "shounen" and "shoujo" categories, for example).

I think that western fans take these demographic terms a bit too seriously sometimes.

I've also heard that japanese people often refer to some josei manga as shoujo but I don't know why exactly.
Could be because josei magazines are still a relatively small, "new" and close pool to shoujo. They don't feel the need to differenciate them?

because honey teenage girls prefer to read their shlick fics instead of watching them. Makes it feel classier for them.

Do they even have a widespread term for "female-targeted comics"? Because that seems like something you'd want to refer to a lot, so it makes sense that they'd just wind up using shoujo for that if they didn't have one.

Closest thing I can think of is 女性向け in terms of things aimed at women in general

Aruba Tanemura?

It's Mayupon

Why do series that run in Ribon all look the same?