Madoka thread with actual intelligent conversation

>Madoka thread with actual intelligent conversation
>0 replies

>Obviously shit bait thread
>Hits image limit

Starting to think this fandom was shit to begin with.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was good in 2011 you just missed the boat

Post Mami's tits.

/thread

SEE YOU IN 3 DAYS FAGGOTS

Was anime better than manga? I've read one, and while the premise was quite interesting, generally it was just okay, could be better but ended too quick.

It was anime original you fag, why did you read the manga first?

Sorry man, I don't do extensive research of every tittle I pick. Was looking for a manga to torrent, saw it, remembered it was mentioned on Sup Forums and automatically assumed manga was first because it seemed more natural.

So you are saying I should watch it to get convinced?

Obviosly I was meant to reply to you, I'm phonefagging from the bed at 5:30am

Original is always better, in this case way better. Manga is thin on story development and characters, looks boring, and most importantly lacks the godtier voice acting

Accurate 2bh

I fucking worship madoka and I think the madoka threads here are pure distilled cancer

Wait so is cancer fine if its distilled?

I must have missed something, why were Kyouko And Mami alive at the end but not Sayaka?

Because she was about to turn into a witch, but because of Madoka's wish, the Law of Cycles kills her instead.

>madoka thread with 0 replies
This literally never happens because of A*K and Ak*mi shitposting.

I saw them trying it on the /u/ Madoka thread a few days ago. Thankfully they were purged in short order.

You mean they actually go on /u/? That's kind of amazing.

Madoka on /u/ is the most civil, mainly because no-one ever goes there and all they post is shipping art and the occasional civil discussion. I like to think they're what madoka on Sup Forums used to be like before the shitposters.

Honestly I should go on /u/ more myself. Seems like a really comfy board.

Speaking of Madoka Magica, is there a new movie coming out or is it canceled or something?

Feels like it's been years since that one trailer thing.

p(O_O)q

Kyouko and Mami both died in battle with a witch. With witches no longer existing, their deaths got reverted. Sayaka, on the other hand, falls into despair regardless if witches exist or not.

The trailer was winter 2015, so a while ago. There's no reason to believe it's canceled though, it's just shaft being slow.

Why is Kyoko Sakura a character in that story? What's she there for?

Sayaka's love interest.

If you're talking about relevance to the plot, then only Homura has any meaning.

What does Sayaka have a love interest for?
I don't think that a story about a love needs another shittier love in it.

Sakaya is there to be a generous Magical Girl and then turn into a witch, but I don't know what is Sakura there for, because if it's so Sayaka has a love story, then I don't understand why she has it.

Also Sayaka love interes is the musician kid.

I can't agree with that.
To start with, although Homura is the most important character, Sayaka carries all the plot in the anime. I mean, without her, we wouldn't even know about Soul Gems.
Plus, Kyoko is very important in some spin offs, like Oriko Magica.

Kyoko is there to help Sayaka moving in the story. Is thanks to Kyoko that Madoka throws Sayaka's Soul Gem, and in Wraith Arc she really helps Sayaka in some ways, although she can't change Sayaka's ending.
Also, in my opinion, Kyoko is there for psychological reasons, more than for the plot.

What's the point of Mami in the story?
What's the point of Sayaka in the story?
The answer is nothing.
Literally the only thing driving the over laying plot is Homura. All the other characters are basically just mini side story arcs.

Also, Kyousuke is Sayaka's folly, Kyouko's the love interest.

Spin offs are not relevant to the plot, nor is actually knowing about soul gems. And the info about soul gems would have been discovered anyway in Homura's flash backs, as we see Madoka witch out.

Yeah, but if they didn't discover, Sayaka and Kyoko would have survived and faced Walpurgisnacht with Homura. For Homura to lose, it was necessary that the other girls died, so Sayaka transforming into a witch is vital, as well as Kyoko's dead.

Even if Homura, Mami, Sayaka and Kyouko all fought Walmart Night they'd still lose. The only reason Madoka won is because she's like 100 magic girls rolled into one because of Homura's time traveling.

You're wrong. Homura carries all the plot, yes, but without the others, maybe she wouldn't have fighting in so many timelines. To start with, maybe Madoka wouldn't have been able to save Homura in the first timeline. And, without Sayaka, maybe Kyoko would have fought Walpurgisnacht with Homura. Homura had to be alone in every timeline to lose, so there's got to be someone to complicate everything.
And, well, spin offs ARE relevant (at least The Different Story) to be able to understand the characters.

You lost me at spin-offs being relevant.

You can't know that, because it never happened, in none of the timelines. In fact, if you read some spin offs or play Madoka Portable, you'll find out that they could win. Mami is a very good strategist, and Kyoko is really powerful. With Homura's time hability, they could easily win.

The Different Story is relevant. Kyoko's and Mami's psychology is far deeper than in the anime. And Wraith Arc is very important because Homura's power is different in Madoka's universe, so if you read it you can understand her with powers in Rebellion much better.

Sayaka is straight though.

Stop trying to use non canon content to explain the canon anime.

You are trying to use a hack and slash PSP game with routes that change based on how you play as proof something could happen in the anime. TDS is not canon either.

We know the relative strength of all the girls, and we know that adding them all together would not be enough.

So you're saying these are relevant for going in depth into character? Maybe arguably relevant to their overall characters but nothing plot-driving.
At best Wraith Arc is fully relevant since it's in between Eternal and Rebellion.
She's Kyosexual.

Madoka Portable IS canon, Gen Urobuchi participated in it.

She could be bi.

No he didn't. And that doesn't make something canon either way.

>it's canon that is you fail at a hack and slash game that all the characters die and story ends
Totally.

Well, Madoka Magica is mostly about human psychology, so yes, if they go depth into character, they are relevant.

Yes, Urobuchi collaborated.

You're a retard.
Canon is not based on what wrote what. Canon is based on story narrative. Canon is what's true in any fictional story's setting. And something can not be true if there is no proof supporting it. There is no proof in the anime that any of the spin offs happened. Thus, they are not canon.

Also, he did not collaborate with them. So you're wrong either way.

Well, if someone develops the original story, and later they collaborate in a spin off, I'd say it's canon. Because the person who did the original universe did the spin off as well. Anyway, you are the one insulting, so maybe yo should, you know, learn to talk with a little more of EDUCATION.

user, what do you say something played for a gag known as the Bonus route being canon?

I didn't say anything about the Bonus route lmao

>I'd say
No asked what you'd say. The discussion here is what's canon or not. The factual definition of words prove you are wrong. End of story. And it's funny how you think that people who rightfully insult you are not "educated"

You said portable which as a whole involves the route.

>lmao
Yup, now it's obvious you're shitpositng on purpose.

What gave you the right to insult me? I'm just giving my opinion and I've been respectful all the time. So you have not the right to insult me just because you want to.

I'm shitposting because I said "lmao" but people can insult me and that's NOT shitpost? What is your problem????

Where do you think we are, snowflake?

And like that the actual intelligent conversation jumps out the window. I was hoping for more. Maybe /u/ is a better option.

I think the intelligent conversation ended when you thought that saying "retarded" to someone just because yes is right.

Because you are retarded. Retardation means you lack the ability to learn. You've failed to learn many basic and simple things. Like vocabulary and critical thinking.

1.- Critical thinking isn't the same than YOUR thinking
2.- I'm not good at vocabulary because I'M SPANISH
3.- YOU. DON'T. KNOW. ME. You don't know what lacks do I have, so maybe you souldn't be talking about it.

That's literally every thread on Sup Forums

that*

So, was Hitomi right?

Your posting reflects your intelligence. Obviously. Do you think if you fail at basic critical thinking and post it, it's any different than if you fail at the same critical thinking in real life?

No, and she got the short end of the stick aiming for a boy.

You keep saying that I fail at critical thinking, but you don't say why. And, as I said, critical thinking isn't thse same as sharing your ideas. In fact, I'm very good at critical thinking.

Just one of your many failures at critical thinking is you saying "I'd say it's canon". Because, what's canon is not based on anyone's say so, but the definition of the words. Another failure at critical thinking is you saying "isn't thse same as sharing your idea" and thinking that's the point being made in the first place. Obviously not sharing ideas is not the same as critical thinking, and you're stupid for thinking that's what anyone meant in the first place.

Canon as "the way that things are in a fictional story" doesn't exist in the dictionary. Is just a word that people use on the internet, so stop using the definition as proof of anything. Words are interpretative, specially when their definition isn't written in the dictionary. And, anyway, even if canon means "the way that things are in a fictional story", that doesn't mean that the canon is ONLY in the original story. There isn't a definition that proofs that the meaning of the word is that. Also, you are the one who is insulting just because I gave my opinion about an anime. Relax.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)
>In fiction, canon is the material accepted as officially part of the story in an individual universe of that story.
You're just so stupid.

>that doesn't mean that the canon is ONLY in the original story
No one said this either. Really, you're insulted, rightfully, because you're not smart. And it's not about opinions. This is about facts.

If you want an example of a series that has canon side content, look at Index or Nanoha. They both have the main story line reference events that happen in side content.

cancerous fanbase and rebellion legit made me lose interest in madoka
nowadays I just care about mami

Wikipedia isn't a dictionary, so that definition isn't official. It isn't real. Aaaand, yes, you said that the canon is only the original story because there isn't any proof that the spin offs were real. Anyway, being wrong (which I am not) doesn't make ANYONE stupid or retarded. So you have not the right to insult me, and you are an awful person.
By the way, yes, this is about opinions. The creator is who decides what is canon and what isn't. And, since he didn't say anything about it, I can think what I want, because I don't know what he thinks and I can theorize.

This is why you are retarded, because you literally don't understand anything you read.
>you said that the canon is only the original story because there isn't any proof that the spin offs were real.
Yes, in the Madoka series. You moron. Not as a rule as to what is or is not canon. Only the main story is canon in Madoka, because it does not reference any of the side content, unlike series' such as index or nanoha. Like is said in the post you're replying to.

>The creator is who decides what is canon and what isn't
Wrong. Read The Death of the Author.

>being wrong (which I am not) doesn't make ANYONE stupid or retarded.
That is exactly what it means. Go back to tumblr. Just stop talking.

Actually, wikipida is correct. And there is literally nothing that says "whatever the author says is canon".

Canon
is
an
interpretative
word
so
YOU
CAN'T
DECIDE
WHAT
IT
MEANS
OR
WHAT
IS
CANON.

And yes, what the author says is canon, BECAUSE THE AUTHOR IS WHO CREATED THE STORY, SO HE CAN DECIDE WHAT IS REAL AND WHAT NOT. IS LOGICAL.

I can just see you posting your clap emojis.

I hate spics so much. They're such a stupid race.
And no, it's not. Just stop talking. Don't reply.

Not him, but the wiki definition has a "problem".
>in an individual universe of that story
would imply that there are as many canons as there are "universes". So a TV show canon, a video game canon, a manga spinoff canon... All of these can be considered "official", because they use the brand name without any copyright infringements.

I hate retards so much. Again, look up Death of the Author. It explains how the author's word means nothing, and the story exists in its own right.

If Urobichi said over twitter today "Madoka has green hair" if you went back and watched the series again, would her hair color change? Of course not.

I also like how you directly contradict yourself between these two posts. If canon really was "interpretative" then even the author's word would not matter.

>Not him
Confirmed for him. Why do you think leading your post with that actually means something?

Anyway, the point of this conversation was someone trying to use side content as proof of what could happen in the canon of the main series. So your post still doesn't add anything.

HOW COOULD THE AUTHOR WORD MEAN NOTHING???? THE AUTHOR INVENTED THE STORY. HE HAS OBVIOUSLY ALL THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT IS REAL IN HIS STORY

Because Madoka's hair is not green.
And you wonder why people call you retarded.