Why do European Countries Pretend to have Free Speech?

Theresa May claiming free speech is a fundamental British value while a man has been on trial for over two years for teaching his pug to do a Nazi salute.

If your country prioritises eliminating hate speech, “human dignity” or punishing being offensive over free speech, you don’t have free speech.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw
pnas.org/content/114/35/9314.full.pdf
theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/30/spanish-woman-given-jail-term-for-tweeting-jokes-about-franco-era-assassination
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In the US, our government lets us have free speech. Then it all goes to a fusion center and when they start the purge they round us all up and chop our heads off. In the meantime, any company that does contracts with the government, or contracts with companies that contract with the government, will fire you for exercising free speech if you get caught.

Say what you will about the amerihaes, but the first and second amendments should be in every country's constitution
Sad thing is, our constitution was actually based on the american one, but we didn't get the good stuff. At least they put in that jews were not allowed

>Why do European Countries Pretend to have Free Speech?

they're not allowed to say otherwise.

I was proud of this country refused to adopt an EU wide holocaust denial law and when we refused to extradite Gerald Töben to Germany for holocaust denial.

But look at us now; we're the worst country in Europe for free speech. They even want to make calling a woman a bitch a hate crime.

Did you know there is a Dutch law that prevents us from insulting groups?

Did you eventually get rid of this one?

>The Netherlands to abandon law against insulting foreign heads of state

kek

>Why do European Countries Pretend to have Free Speech?
we don't pretend it. we don't have it.

This

Is the rest of the EU that much worse than the UK?

YOU MUST FIGHT. EVERY BRIT NEEDS TO KILL ONE MUDSHIT

youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw

THA GREAT BRITISH WURKIN CLASS AIN'T TAKEN THIS ANYMORE. A CAN'T EVEN AFFORD ME ELECTRIC ANYMORE COS DEY CUT ME BENEFITS

FOOKIN TORIES

>white europeans are very recalcitrant, individualistic, require little economic and cultural supervision
>as the world globalizes and wealth grows, more and more conformity is required
>fracture european nations and impose harsh laws against their rebelliousness

TLDR - gas all the kikes

kekncheck

>yurop is a single country
fuck off pajeet

> amerinigger has to sign not to boycott Israel just to get official aid
>Claims to have freedom

Yep. And they're working on ways to correct our wrongthink, too..

ironic , go out and say fuck niggers, i can do that in this country and you can't

>any company that does contracts with the government, or contracts with companies that contract with the government, will fire you for exercising free speech if you get caught.
This is why the government needs to stop handing out subsidies, or companies must follow all of the regulations government does

We don't have it but stop sucking yank cock.

There was another one on oxytocin too:

>Accommodating the large influx of migrants not only challenges the humanitarian capacities of European countries but also requires their native populations to adjust to rapid growths in ethnic diversity, religious pluralism, and cultural differentiatio
>Resistance to this transition often goes along with xenophobic sentiment, and as a consequence, recent elections in Europe have favored populist candidates who have openly expressed xenophobic attitudes toward refugees.
>Our results imply that an OXT-enforced social norm adherence could be instrumental in motivating a more generalized acceptance toward ethnic diversity, religious plurality, and cultural differentiation resulting from migration by proposing that interventions to increase altruism are most effective when charitable social cues instill the notion that one’s ingroup shows strong affection for an outgroup.
>Furthermore, UNESCO has emphasized the importance of developing neurobiologically informed strategies for reducing xenophobic, hostile, and discriminatory attitudes (47). Thus, considering OXT-enforced normative incentives in developing future interventions and policy programs intended to reduce outgroup rejection may be an important step toward making the principle of social inclusion a daily reality in our societies.

Study: pnas.org/content/114/35/9314.full.pdf

Pretty much the same. Wilders got charged for saying he wants less Moroccans, germany has raids over offensive fb posts, some Spanish girl got jailed for jokes about the king, in Italy it rather depends on how much influence you have. i have no idea what the French are up to as i dont speak French.

>Spanish girl got jailed for jokes about the king,
You're memeing me. You can't be fucking serious

theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/30/spanish-woman-given-jail-term-for-tweeting-jokes-about-franco-era-assassination

Not really joking about the king, but a (deceased) leader

wow, as a mutt this isn't something I can really comprehend. I guess we don't know how good we have it here.

No country has free speech. Even the US just outsources censorship to corporations, the media, the masses etc.

>That's a PRIVATE company! They have every right to terminate you for harboring problematic views. Corporate America has taken up the task of upholding Our Values.

After the Trump phenomenon fails, which it will since leftism has a 100% track record in the long run, we will have hate speech laws too, don't worry. If you want to see what the future holds pay attention to what the next generation of left-wing activists are saying at Berkeley, not boomer Democrats.