Griffith

Is he really a chosen one that got a chance to be free of casuality and to do what he wants, or is he just a puppet for Idea of Evil and has to fuel its goals?

You don't get it, he isn't free, the idea of evil is literally just telling him that whatever it is that Griffith wishes to do will end up being just the result of Humanity's collective subconsciousness pushing its desires on the world and shaping destiny.

I see, thanks for clarification. It still gives the idea that what Griffith might do doesn't necessarily mean something truly evil, as to like evil involved with sacrifices or Apostles in general.

Griffith's ambition is defined as endless, so the thing everyone is afraid of is what he'll do once he rules all that there is to rule. What would the next step be?

Creating something new or... I don't know, endless stuff is such an abstract concept that it's hard to talk about.

The concept of infinity is something that a human mind can't truly grasp and Griffith is portrayed as such being - the one no one can really grasp at this point.

For now the Idea of Evil does not exist.

Miura removed the chapter.

Maybe he'll do a second sacrifice and see where that goes. I mean apostles can do more than one sacrifice.

I feel like he removed it because it was too big of a reveal to have at that point and he regrets making it so early.

I can't really think of a reason to do so but there's always a possibility for one to emerge. Maybe it's needed for a new world to be created or something else.

I think that the wedding of Griffith and princess Charlotte might be something really important if we are not going to skip it (hopefully not)

Maybe Griffith will eventually supplant the Idea of Evil as God. I mean humanity does love the shit out of him and would probably be overjoyed at the idea of him becoming a god emperor.

He will try to dethrone the idea of evil but get "that was all part of my planed" and end up like skull knight. I think guts is supposed to be the void character of this cycle but because he lies outside of causality he wont use the belite he has been carrying around to take revenge on griffith like its expected.

its just my theory though.

given that he wrote the chapter and said that it revealed too much too soon, it makes more sense to consider it still canon until it gets contradicted.

Besides, even without the chapter where it is revealed that the God griffith is the agent of, who has decided his fate since before he was born, is a God born from the colllective evil of all of mankind's subconscious , there is still the fact that all of Griffith's Co-angels are infact evil demons who
>spread plagues
>talk about how they love the evil energy of qilqoth and it lets them manifest (I can't remember exactly but slan definitely said some stuff that screamed "btw I am evil)
>try to convince desperate people to ritually kill the people who matter most to them in order to turn into flesh eating monsters

which definitely points towards him also being evil.

Idea of Evil: Old Testament God
Griffith: New Testament benevolent god/Jesus

I don't think he can actually dethrone the idea of evil, wasn't the concept of God Hand based on them all being equal to each other in a sense that they are all emissaries of a greater being? I can't really see one being stronger than the others just because he wants more.

>is a God born from the colllective evil of all of mankind's subconscious
Wasn't it born from mankind's desire to have its suffering explained as some part of a greater plan? It wasn't born from malice but rather it's malignant because it's supposed to be responsible for all evils that happened.

>I don't think he can actually dethrone the idea of evil
I doesn't mean he wont try, he may attempt to sacrifice everyone to become more powerful. Besides overcoming powers has not been a roadblock in this manga ever

re-read the golden age chapter where they rescue griffith from the torturer's dungeon and find out about what happened to midland's previous civilization.

>king gaiseric (implied to be skullknight) ruled over rome-like civilization
>it was a great and noble civilization
>but it was said that it became too decadent
>So God sent 4 (or 5) angels to deliver punishment and Gaiseric's kingdom was destroyed in a single night
>then it shows a pile of skeletons all with the sacrificial brand

seems pretty clear foreshadowing to me that falconia is the new version of gaiseric's kingdom and it's going to be sacrificed.

He can if causality/Idea of Evil wants it.

If you were a powerful entity that literally creates your minions, you wouldn't give them the power that can overthrow you. Griffith can't overthrow his god who gave him his powers in the first place. That would not make any sense.

>Wasn't it born from mankind's desire to have its suffering explained as some part of a greater plan?
Why there isn't an Idea of Good them?

Yeah at this point a second sacrifice is pretty heavily implied and it's also why he's pushing every person into joining Falconia by making everything outside it a living hell. Becoming a citizen of Griffith's is to let him turn you into sacrifice fodder.

it says that it was born or emerged "from those evil swells" referring to mankind's collective evil thoughts.

you're right that it does also say that it's sense of purpose in manipulating fate is to give people answers for their suffering.

But isn't it implied that the holy man mentioned in the Tower of Conviction arc was Void? The implication was that Gaiseric imprisoned the man who would become Void, which resulted in him activating his Crimson Behelit and sacrificing the kingdom.

It works if you assume the IoE set up Griffith to fail from the start. Think of it this way, If void is the oldest god hand how did 4/5 other godhands come down and fuck up gesric? It points to a cycle, I mean you cant argue that griffith is literally following in gesrecs/skullknights footsteps so far?

Exactly where was this mentioned in the ToC?

I think Gescrec was meant to be a member of the godhand but possibly rejected it.

It's Gaiseric lol

I really can't wait for us to get Skull Knight's detailed backstory.

What makes you think he wasn't one? How else do you explain his superpowered condition?

Its not, it only confirms the fact that some priest did in fact get impassioned by SK in that tower and from that tower the priest brought down the "angels".

The connection of void and the holy man comes from the fact that void is responsible for the holy see religion and the fact that gaiseric and him lock eyes and exchange blows during the eclipse.

>How else do you explain his superpowered condition?
Well they did explain that the previous user of the berserker armor was consumed by it.

pretty much this. Skull Knight is basically living history of midland and I look forward to the plot dump of a chapter when he finally shows up again

I want to write a fanfic about Gaiseric and how he became Skull Knight ;_;

His story is the same as Griffiths though

>Skull Knight followed the same path Griffith is on
>not Guts

Interesting how that worked out

the idea of evil is miuras allegory for hiatus

I think thats the point, its supposed to seam that way. And then be a big reveal later when it turns out SK was actually a apostle and a bad dude.

I mean guts is the hawk of darkness right? "The Holy See also wrote scripture, one such document foretelling the coming of an angel known as the Hawk of Darkness, which would come after five eclipses and plunge the world into a dark age. "

Guts is destined to pull a Void from under griffiths feet.

Gaiseric wore the Berserker armor.

I don't really know how can one miss the point so much. No, Griffith is the Hawk of Darkness, again, I don't know why do you think otherwise.

bump

because griffith IS the what hawk, he is the shepherd of the good white sheep, and the evil black sheep? IE: the humans and the demons, the prophecy doesn't say white = good and black = evil. Then you also have to realize void is behind the religion and the prophecy in the 1st place.

If you want to speed read go ahead but you're dumb as fuck. I need to reread berserk and make one of those 10,000 word essays on reddit explaining my fan theory one day

But the point of Griffith is that he is a false shepherd, he changed the world in favor of his God Hand peers, not human kind.

>tfw IoE is not canon confirmed
>control freaks dominating the fan community insist it is
>appear to force it onto the community
>notice a lot of those communities are dead

Anyway IoE is 100% not canon as the author removed it. People that insist it is are going against the authors intentions

It shows up outside of the chapter too.

In an interview he says he took it out because it "revealed the plot to much" those were his words.

Because nobody sits around and agonizes why his or her day was rather okay and nothing really happened. Humans are only desperate to invent explanations and rationalizations when bad things happen.

How could it be Void? You need to have some emotional connection to your sacrifice, you can't just sacrifice an enemy. You need to sacrifice a friend or loved one.

If Gaiseric loved his people, he could sacrifice them... although I wonder what kind of situation that'd require.

Pretty sure the holy man was void and this holy man was actually a powerful mage schierke mentions that the holy sees 4 angels are the same as the spirits she calls to protect them.

Void was the first and you don't have to love them didnt rosine sacrifice her asshole parents that she hated?

So fucking what the explanation was longer than that but its been removed.
Its retconned out of the setting therefor not canonical and you're an idiot for thinking it is.

The fact that some people think its canonical and insist it is has ruined berserk lore discussion for years.
Most fan theories can be trashed instantly for referring to it.

Maybe some members of the god hand were heads of some pagan religion, thus sacrificing their beloved people in order to dethrone gaiseric?

I know its not the same tower, but it could be the place for the other members of the god hand.

A little of A, a little of B.

It is canonical but not in the way that it's explained. You can still IoE at the end of chapter 82

you can still see*

Unrelated to the OP, how big do you think Guts actually is? The Wiki has him at like 6'8", but he's only a bit taller than Roderick. He's supposed to be super buff too, but official art actually makes him look kinda skinny. Is he a normal "large" human size?

Yeah it's suggested in the text that Void was the one who sacrificed the Kingdom.

>tfw you realize only now that SK and Void were probably Guts and Griffith of their time

Is the next chapter supposed to be due towards the end of the year or something?

December is the earliest we can get it, so yeah

No, Griffith is a cuck that's borrowing SK's kingdom that fell beneath Windham and modified its architecture to suit him. I'm pretty sure it cycles through periods. For example, when a normal human (SK) accomplishes something, God Hand (Void) destroys their efforts during one period. Then in the next period, God Hand (Femto) accomplishes something and then a normal human (Guts) destroys his efforts.

Aww

It's the armor's fault. And stress + malnutrition maybe.
He was buff as shit during the golden age arc.

That armor is really something. His muscles got weaker but he can still do far more than he could when his muscles were stronger. If he ever manages to rebuild that muscle while still using that armor he'd be cleaving things as hard as Grunbeld in Apostle form into two

I don't think there's much to say that outside of a loose relationship of sacrificer/sacrifice.

>every thread all this bullshit about "how do you even defeat griffith!?"
>implying he won't be defeated by a secret advanced technique passed down by the Coborlwitz family for a thousand generations

I like to think that Guts will be able to influence causality because he's not supposed to be alive, he should have died under his moms corpse all those years ago.

>implying he won't be killed by Bazuso

Grey Knight Bazuso!?

I bet hes 6'3. I was surprised too myslf seeing how skinnier I thought he was. It must be befause of what hes been enduring after the eclipse that makes him like that. Stress can really wear your body down

Known as the 30 man slayer!

>cuck
Fuck off, retard.

We know when apostles die they revert to whatever feeble body they had

Can you imagine how broken casks will become (if she unpatatoes) when Griffith reverts back to the feeble deformed fetus?

>implying Griffith will die

I want to fucking know what Zodd looks like!

Sorry if this is kind of off topic,

If I were to wildly speculate, the ending will involve guts using the behelit or something will make him on par with Griffiths power. He'll become something like the fifth king of the world alongside Gedula, Ve, Ate, and Markt. He and griffith will battle it out and wind up both dying. The brands on Guts and Casca will disappear and Guts will be able to die peacefully. Casca's astral being is released from the torment of Femto and she will be able to live in peace with her restored mind. Guts' astral being will be able to exchange some final words with Casca and he is basically able to let go of his rage and be at peace, something he wouldn't be able to do if he were alive, because he's only ever known how to fight and struggle.

It might happen a little differently, but in 10 years time, that'll be how it ends. Laws of causality etc etc will basically bring the astral and physical realms back to a state of equilibrium, which then leaves the readers to wonder if this was just what was bound to happen all along, and that all Guts did to struggle against fate was exactly what he was fated to do anyway.

I just read the whole manga up to the latest chapter this week, Schierke will have to escape Casca's mind because Femto will be there, she'll tell guts what happened, guts will find a new determination when he realises he needs to defeat Femto in order to save Casca, so he'll leave the land of the fairies and Casca there

tldr; Miura is shit and none of the characters ever had any control over the laws of causality to begin with

Known as the Bear Slaughterer!

That's because Void might have tought Griffith a bit so he wouldn't do Skull King's mistakes.

After all, if Griffith is (an analogue of) Skull King, who is his Void? Guts. And Guts ain't gonna go activating a behemelith.

They're but they're not because time is a spiral not a circle

That astral child looks like Griffith

Isn't Guts the one out of causality? The whole point of the struggler is that he's not supposed to exist yet he's not free of it all since everything is trying to kill him.

when you see his face looks more like guts and casca.

yeah and thats the point that he looks different as guts child and different as an astral kid

i thought griffith and the moonlight boy shared the same corporeal body, not the astral one

what do you mean analogue? Guts resembles skull knight more, they even say he following the same path ad skull knight.

gotcha, yeah they are still connected. Which is a major problem for guts down the line.

Well desu the story is presented in such a way that Guts doesnt really care about this kid so it wouldnt be that much of a sacrifice at this point but I guess it will change later

he doesn't know it's his kid.

Guts looks like Zodd

Even if he does get to know about that, hes not going to burst into tears because he barely knows that kid

Zodd is Gut's dad

No, he is Guts from alternate reality

Miura keeps making hiatuses because he doesn't know what to do with the story

last chapter literally nothing happened aside from cocks

berserk is already dead

The plot has already been written like over a decade ago. It's on paper in Miura's house.

It might be a matter of what he feels like drawing vs. what he thinks he'll have to draw, boat adventures compared to what we're getting in Elfheim is something I'm comparing to try understand his mindset. Although obviously it's also lucrative for him, and fans would be more interested with the main story moving forward.

Lol stay butthurt Griffith fag.

Griffith is an agent of a God made out of humanity's evil

Not that guy, but the IoE is the idea explaining evil. It's a concept that is supposed to give bad things a reason for existing, while in reality they are senseless, random, and inherent to mankind.

>FUCK ME HARDER MIURA-SENSEI! RIP MY ASSHOLE OPEN! I BELONG TO YOU!

Some people have theorized that Griffith will perform a second eclipse on Falconia in order to gain immense power.

Considering the fact that Skull Knight's still an everlooming threat, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens in order to assure that he won't be a problem.