The U.S. government is set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year

Party of fiscal conservatives, blow the budget on tax cuts and then spend on credit. Tax and spend is a hell of a lot better than borrow and spend.

What the fuck does the Republican party even stand for now aside from fucking over America and enriching the top 1%?

>It was another crazy news week, so it's understandable if you missed a small but important announcement from the Treasury Department: The federal government is on track to borrow nearly $1 trillion this fiscal year — Trump's first full year in charge of the budget.

>That's almost double what the government borrowed in fiscal year 2017.

>Here are the exact figures: The U.S. Treasury expects to borrow $955 billion this fiscal year, according to a documents released Wednesday. It's the highest amount of borrowing in six years, and a big jump from the $519 billion the federal government borrowed last year.

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2009/01/06/news/economy/where_stimulus_fits_in/
statista.com/statistics/188165/annual-gdp-growth-of-the-united-states-since-1990/
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/02/03/the-u-s-government-is-set-to-borrow-nearly-1-trillion-this-year/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When these massive borrowings would happen before trump the answer was 'This is good! It means that the international community has faith in the US Economy.'

Fuck off shill. We voted for tax cuts for corporations and is finally going to fix the economy, we can start paying this off AFTER Trump figures out this mess obongo left us

Who cares. Trump can end the FED and erase the debt.

it will be paid back in spades with the growth from every sector expanding due to less tax burden.

Yawn.

>When these massive borrowings would happen before trump the answer was 'This is good! It means that the international community has faith in the US Economy.'

I think you missed
>The U.S. Treasury expects to borrow $955 billion this fiscal year, according to a documents released Wednesday. It's the highest amount of borrowing in six years, and a big jump from the $519 billion the federal government borrowed last year.

And six years ago we were still dealing with the fallout from the recession.

That's why the DOW is dropping, right? Because we aren't in a bubble and can expect sector growth.

After paying attention for a long time, I can say that it is either borrow money to generate a debt to be paid or import low IQ people who don't know how to spend their money wisely, and spend all their gibs on stupid crap, thereby creating a debt that will almost immediately be collected through purchases made through gibs.
That said, I'm ok with the former versus the latter.

Only GDP to debt matters, and GDP is going to keep growing under Trump

Go fuck yourself, Obama left a stellar economy after the recession, and for the last five years of his presidency didn't borrow nearly this amount.

Meanwhile Trump has this great Economy and he fucking doubles the amount we need to borrow for the US budget.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Notice the DOW dropping?

Its still up for the last 30 days, and our GDP projection for Q1 is 5.4%
The market literally reacted because the GDP is so high, the possibility of a fed rate increase is in sight, and bond yields jumped.

If you think we are in a bubble, despite escaping our ultra low interest rate situation while maintaining upward momentum, well I don't know what to tell you because no other country practicing 0% interest rates is having much luck escaping their situation.

TIME TO BUY BITCOINS

Republicans have increased deficit spending exponentially, like they always do.

never broke 3% gdp for a quarter while having 0% interest fed rate.
His economy was a trash fire.

>shaking in muh boots over a 2% correction

The American economic system is unsustainable, and it doesn’t matter what party you vote for because that won’t fix the underlying problem.

Yea, but that's not such a bad thing.

Human existence is unsustainable.... We only need the economy to last until we're extinct.

The steepest drop since Brexit you niggers.

Meanwhile Trump borrows a trillion dollars to pay for the taxcuts. This is fucking kabuki.

It's like borrowing $500 to buy a new TV and then acting like the new TV is proof that you're doing great; despite the fact you're an additional $500 in debt.

>It's like borrowing $500 to buy a new TV and then acting like the new TV is proof that you're doing great; despite the fact you're an additional $500 in debt.

If the marginal increase in gdp is greater than the marginal increase in debt payments, then it makes sense to borrow

Who are we borrowing this money from?

The rate we're going our economy is going to be the reason for our extinction.

Republicans get all pissy about turning to green energy because the cost will somehow hurt the economy, ignoring the fact the alternative is we keep fucking up our ecosystem.

China I'm guessing, they're our biggest credit holder.

No, who owns the bank we borrow our money from.

Well, Trump spent 1 trillion giving the people tax cuts
Obama spent 8 trillion giving corporations bail outs
money.cnn.com/2009/01/06/news/economy/where_stimulus_fits_in/

So your complaint is completely disingenuous here. If you agree with Obama, then what Trump did with tax cuts falls in line with what they wanted to do to spur growth anyways. If you don't, then we have to see the long term effects of the tax cuts to even judge Trumps reform.

But you aren't here to learn, just spam nonsense knowing nothing about how the economy works because you have some free time and fuck Blumpf.

As for the drop, we have gone up almost 40% in a year, a correction is expected you stupid nigger.

Are you talking about my analogy?

Well, considering in reality we're borrowing from China, which I fucking wouldn't consider an ally- we'll say you're borrowing the money from the Bank of Ass-Pounding.

>green energy

Nuclear power is the green energy that republicans support.
The fact that lefties won't use nuclear shows that both sides are complicit in this. It's just a show they put on to get votes.

Your argument is completely disingenuous you fuck.

Obama was dealing with the worst economy since the great depression. Trump for all intents and purposes is enjoying a very strong economy.

It's like getting angry people call you a cunt for parking in a handicapped spot when others do it, despite the fact others park in a handicapped spot when they're fucking crippled and you're completely healthy.

I don't have a problem with Nuclear power, but I will say I think that solar energy is a hell of a lot more preferable. Especially after Fukushima.

If the Japanese can't maintain their nuclear power plants properly, how the fuck can I have faith in Americans being capable. We're talking about a country whose public service apologizes for being a minute early and contacts your employers to let them know of their indiscretion.

>I think that solar energy is a hell of a lot more preferable
I don't know how much more preferable it is, it's less reliable(especially up north) and, as of now, I don't think they're economically viable.

There are a lot of programs that aim to get people to switch to solar (put panels on their roof); but not everybody wants them.

Nuclear isn't as dangerous as it's cracked up to be. Fukushima was a poorly made plant in the first place.

Solar panels are also toxic as fuck to produce and I don't want China doing it because they just dump their shit into the ocean and fuck up the air quality worldwide at the same time

You're retarded, we are borrowing the money from ourselves.

The people are like that, large corporations and their jew owners are greedy corner cutting faggots no matter from what part of the world they're from.

Trump isn't a Republican. He has never described himself as a fiscal conservative. His plan is to rebuild america Damn the cost. He spoke about a 1.5 Trillion dollar infrastructure plan during the SOTU and wants Billions for the wall, wants to keep entitlements. I love him but he is not a conservative.

statista.com/statistics/188165/annual-gdp-growth-of-the-united-states-since-1990/

Yes, a stagnant economy which fails to break 3% gdp for a year even while sitting on record low interest rates spurring massive spending and investing.

The economy was not doing well under Obama, it was trudging along in spite of him.

I hope this is the end game, but I know its not. The FED is a double edged sword that cuts the user slowly but makes the bearer undefeatable until he finally bleeds out. At some point we will have to reset, but until then it is what makes America the most powerful nation in the world. We are the world economy because of the FED.

Hmmmm. cut taxes and increase spending.... I wonder what will happen?

Don't quit your day job.

WHERE DO U THINK HE GOT THE TERM DRAIN THE SWAMP?

I want to believe, and there are hints, but I am not Trump. I can't know his mind. I know he is a secret Bircher. I do believe he has been planning this his entire career. Only time will tell. He still has seven years.

Trump unironically believes the US can be run like his businesses, bullying small businesses to forgive his debts.

Obama had quarters of well over 3 pct. Never a full year, though.

This is your economy on republicans. Cut taxes to the people with 90% of all money, then spend money you don't have.

This. Everything is going to collapse at some point. It's now a question of "when"

Wrong, biggest tax cuts by proportion affect the middle class. The foundation of our economy and of running a family.

conservatism is dead

populism is in

When asked about the economy during the debates he did nothing but tap dance and promise we'd have the best economy, without providing a single fucking mechanism that he would accomplish this by.

so, this is very much not surprising.

You're right but at the same time this is a far cry from all the libs saying the economy would crash because of trump.

In reality, the market climbs a wall of worry. The more stupid shit that trump says with no war breaking out, the more the market climbs. I (use to) work as a Financial consultant and all my friends think this market is nuts but we tell our clients to invest. Thank god we did because my clients were up while I was down 30%

did Trump collapse when he was a billion dollars in dept?
have none of you highschool dropouts heard the saying "you need to spend money to make money"

you know, except for all these campaign promises he's been accomplishing. this is why his SOTU went so well and when they reported last month about what is done in the last year.

you guys drink too much of the left's koolaid for your own good.

>all those things
>SOTU went so well
>drink too much koolaid

Do you always speak in vague platitudes?

Who cares. Money isn't real.

Money is a human construct, it doesn't even exist.

The US government does not need to "borrow" money. Nationalize the banks.

I don't care just keep my taxes low and kick out brown people

>no source

BITCONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

>The recession ended 6 years ago

So we have a spending problem?

>666
Trump economy is calling for the devil.

No one talks about debt on Sup Forums unless a Democrat is President. Get with the program.

grug no understand economics

i can't wait for the day Trump exit scams the entire federal reserve and issues a new gold backed currency

Like these numbers even exist.

The true redpill is , we will never have enough money to not be in debt .... because they own the money itself. Look up " usury " and " Jewish History "

>google any quote
>find it
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/02/03/the-u-s-government-is-set-to-borrow-nearly-1-trillion-this-year/

The DJIA is about 20% over valued. Amazon is the only stock actually worth its value in the big 5. Facebook provides no product other than your data, same with Alphabet. Apple needs to come up with something other than overpriced iPhones and Microsoft speaks for itself.

Spending and Income, yes.

Before I even get paid the government takes 30% of my income. We don't have an income problem. It's a spending problem.

Lmao this is what always happens. Never has a Republican run a balanced budget. The GOP only cares about fiscal conservative when they're the opposition. Once they're in power they always add trillions to the debt without anything to show for it.

>This delusion

Yes user, you are being taxed. But you also pay 2-3x the % of those more rich than you.
Which is the issue at hand and has been for awhile. The gap between you and those above you has only increased. But the rate they pay has only gotten less and less. Hence an income issue as well.

But yes, we also spend a ridiculous amount of waste on contracting. Specifically for defense purposes, when it's a complete waste.

Found the Russian.

This guy has been bankrupt, how many times?

saw that one coming.

wow, a moderately intelligent Sup Forums thread.

Didnt Obama raise the debt $1.25 trillion a year on average?