Kimetsu no Yaiba ch. 68

Featuring estranged domestic relationships.

>That look of pure disgust
Tanjirou is about to pop a cap

Return of headbutt!!

Based headbutt

End

So we're finally getting an explanation on the earrings?

Thanks OP
I hope Rengoku's little brother joins the Demon hunters.

The intro of his little brother and the speed at which this series moves, is making me think that it's leading to a new generation of Pillars after most of these old ones die in some fight with the Demon Moons

And then it'll be the five from the final selection and Senjuro and maybe a couple others as the new Pillars

Thanks for the dump.

So who are Zenitsu and Inosuke going to replace, I wonder

Well the last guy from the final selection seems like the exact opposite of the guy he is replacing so maybe they won't actually match up with the old Pillars

Was that a spiral headbutt? Not bad

Nice to see the earring isn't totally forgotten.
Kinda of weird that both the Muzan & an ex-Pillar freak out once they saw the earring treating it like it's a big deal but despite that none of the current Pillars know anything about it.

That's not weird at all, it would imply that it belonged to his father who the current Pillars are too young to have known...Oyakata-sama seems to know a lot though but he's intentionally vague so he probably knows all about the earrings

And they can't forget them since they're going on sale in the Jump store

oyakata is blind but tanjirous sensei should have fucking known.

The current pillars might be barely 20 years old, Tanjirou's dad might simply belong to an older generation.

Not every who knows has to necessarily freak out, since they all would have had a different relationship with him, it seems the people freaking out are the ones who hated his father, maybe the ones who respect his father have reasons not to tell him

Well considering he died over two years ago and seemed to have even been bedridden for a while, I'm sure he died before any of these teenagers became Pillars

Tanjiro's only 15, pretty sure Shinobu and Tomioka are like 17

I hope our group doesn't replace any pillar and start start a new thing.

I may have dumped the chapter a bit early.

He might know, Muzan gets referred to as "the enemy of your family" or something like that, but he could have chosen to not tell him the full story

Tomioka is 21 and Shinobu is 18, iirc. We also don't know if Tanjirou's father was actually a demon hunter or anything like that.

Fair enough, though thinking about if he were a demon hunter, I realized he almost certainly would have been one over 10 years earlier, and likely stopped before Tanjiro was born (or even because his wife got pregnant)...in the flashback to learning about the fire dance, his last kid isn't even born yet in the original flashback where he's bedridden

When will they explain the scar

>What is said about one who has died...

>Chapter 68: User
This title is without any context, if it's referring to like the earrings or something, bearer might fit better, I don't know. I only mention it because it sounds weird as a title by itself

>A human's capability is determined from the moment they are born

>Very few guys are gifted with talent
>The rest are merely the rabble
>Dregs with no value at all!

>Kyoujiro was also the same, lacking in any great talent
>It's no wonder he died

FK U Senior

Tanjiro's scar? He got it in like Chapter 7, the scar he had before that was different

his dad and he have the same fuckin scar its not some random shit.

Could very well have something to do with getting burned or an illness...they sold coal, they probably had to do something to get it? I suspect that won't get explained

Tanjiro's scar did change though, the one he had in the first issue was a different color and shape and it changed when he fought the hand demon and got his forehead smashed into a tree, that's the scar he's had since then

>Senjurou!
>The funeral is over
>How long are you going to make that pathetic expression!

>...Wait!

>Aren't you speaking too harshly
>Please stop talking that way

This is the current one for comparison

jesus christ, what a piece of shit

>Who are you
>Leave right now, I'm not letting you step one foot inside my house...

>I am

>Of the demon hunters...

>!

It doesn't seem there's a set number of pillars. They said there were always at least the basic elements pillars on every generation but seems like if there's capable individuals they also become pillars.

>...
>You...
>You're like that...

>!?

>You're a user of the "Breath of the Sun", aren't you?
So I guess this was what the chapter title was referring to. "User" still sounds kind of weird by itself in English though
>That's right!

>"Breath of the Sun"?
>What are you talking about?

>"Breath of the Sun"?

>NANI

>So fast!
>Those aren't the movements of a novice...!

>Father! Please stop!
>Please look at his face
>His body is in a bad state!

Well, I think the confusion is if there's all those sword styles, surely a master of each one still has to be alive somewhere to pass it on which would make you think each type would be a pillar though I guess some of them make up their own style like Pig Assault

>Shut up!

>That's enough! You inhuman bastard!

PRAISE THE SUN

\[T]/

well, none of the pillars use Zenitsu's style, but he still was taught it by a sensei. I assume the title of pillar is given to any demon hunters who reach the top rank.

>Just what the hell have you been doing!

>Insulting your child that lost his life

>Lashing out!
>What do you want!

>Are you playing dumb with us

Considering there is a love pillar probably anything can be a pillar.

Nezuko is super cute!

The art changed so nicely.

Go eat shit with your waifu wars.

Zenitsu's master, the one he considers his own granpa, is flat out said to be a former pillar, so there was a lightning pillar in the past.

I always thought the interior art was fantastic but I do think the colored art has gotten much better since the first issue

Right, but there's not one right now, so it's not like there's a guaranteed replacement when a pillar dies or is retired

>Why did it become like this!
>I don't know what you're talking about! Don't accuse me!

>Because you use the "Breath of the Sun"
>I know those earrings
>They're written down!

>!?
>...
>By any chance, by "Breath of the Sun" is he talking about the Dance of the Fire God?

>That "Breath of the Sun"
>It's!

>'The starting breath'
>The very first breath created, and with the strongest technique
>And all breaths are derived from the "Breath of the Sun"!

>All breaths are merely following after the "Breath of the Sun"
>Chasing awkwardly after the "Breath of the Sun" the other breaths were made, Fire, Water, Wind, all of them!

>What is he talking about
>My family has sold charcoal for generations, we even have a family tree
>Breath of the Sun... Dance of the Fire God...
>There's no more than that
>More than that

>You're a user of the "Breath of the Sun"
>So stop trembling, brat!

>I can't help but tremble!
>You don't know how miserable I am right now
>You
>Rotting old man!

>Don't speak ill of Rengoku-san!

>Watch out!
>Father was once known as a "Pillar"

>Please stop, Father!

>Somehow
>If there happen to be the Dance of the Fire God and the "Breath of the Sun"

>If there had been such a great breath
>At that time, when I couldn't save Rengoku-san!

>Somehow

>Somehow

"only the avatar can master all four elements"

>Somehow!

>I've done it now...

>Here's tea
>Please drink it...

>Ah... I'm sorry
>I am truly sorry for headbutting your father...
>Is he alright?

>I think he'll be alright
>He should come back to his senses and wake up to buy more alcohol

>That...
>I'm sorry
>Hm?

>I feel relieved
>When I heard my brother spoken ill of
>I wasn't even able to talk back

>...

>How was my brother in the end

>I see...
>My brother was magnificent to the end...

>Thank you so much...

>No, really...
>I apologize that my strength wasn't able to match up

>Please don't worry
>Didn't my brother tell you the same thing?

>...

>I can guess at which book I see my father with most often
>Please wait, and I'll bring it here for you shortly

>This may not be what you want, but...
I think the book says Twenty-First Flame Pillar, but I could be wrong

>There might be something you'd like to know written down, Tanjirou-san
>Thank you

>This...
>This is...

And that's it for this week, guys

Thank you.

Thanks

dem this manga is like super bad like why would you read it? jump will axe it very soon

Thanks for your efforts user

Thanks bro

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Breath of Fire, not Sun

get real bro ya dont know moon this guy know moon go back to your cave
caveman

Gook isn't moon

Damn, this series gets me more excited every week, gotta be the most rapidly improving series in Jump, hopefully when Vol. 7 comes out it will go past 100k before dropping off the charts, it's been getting more popular every volume so far

I lough at this every time. BHA got those number on volume 2. get real mah men

There's a big difference between a series that peaked early, didn't follow through on its best arc and then just kind've flounders and a series that steadily improves with every arc

It's much more exciting to follow a series that didn't get the push right from the beginning but built an audience by positive reactions from the small group that did read it

It said "태양", which explicitly refers to the sun, plus it's been in quotes this whole chapter like it's a new thing we haven't heard about before. I mean, I could be wrong, but I don't think just bringing up Breath of Fire again would warrant this reaction

it was 3rd in rankings this week.

>breath of the sun?
is that a fucking jojo hamon reference?

But BHA is fucking crashing atm

The only thing that annoys me is that for some reason no one other than this dude's dad and Muzan know the meaning of the Hanafuda earrings?

You'd think some of the other pillars would've recognized it and pointed it out. Like even if the head of the Demon Hunters is blind you'd think some of his attendants would've been like "hey, that kid has those earrings like the guy who could use the Breath of the Sun".

I wonder what kind of note this series will end on if it's allowed to go through its whole run unabated. This is the Taisho period so it's like straight up suffering for Japan within a decade or two. Tanjirou and co. will live to see Japan get nuked if they all survive this story.

I can't believe this used to sell 15k, I really hope it reaches 100k next volume.

And then we get radioactive demons

Urokodaki looks like he knows something. Maybe if he tried with former pillars he could get something but all the current pillars are too young.

you dead or blind? The volums are selling way better than before? How is it crashing?

Maybe nuke is breath of the sun final style