Would Majin Piccolo have been better than Majin Vegeta...

Would Majin Piccolo have been better than Majin Vegeta? I definitely think a heartfelt battle with Gohan where he goes back to his piccolo junior days would have been a million times better than Vegeta vs Goku x2. Only thing putting a damper on that was Kami fusing with Piccolo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1Y2QW9dUR9M
www3.mangafreak.net/Read1_Dragon_Ball_184_8
youtube.com/watch?v=6jSqVhHGeV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would rather have seen Majin Gohan. We know what Piccolo, Goku and Vegeta is capable off but Gohan still had his powers supressed.

Supersonic Warriors 2 has a what if with Majin Piccolo instead of vegeta.

They both make sense, and Majin Piccolo would have been so much more interesting, but he just wasn't strong enough to pose a threat to Goku by then. Also everything must be about saiyans, ever.

Only problem with that is that Babidi only can control people with a evil heart like Vegeta, and that Gohan like Goku has a pure heart.

This could have been a possibility if the main character baton was given to Gohan. Vegeta makes more sense for Goku though.

Majin Piccolo wouldn't make any sense, Piccolo wasn't evil.

Did going Majin boost your power? If so all the more reason for Piccolo to go Majin (or even humans though it'd be out of character for them).

Did you read Dragonball? He definitely was pre saiyan arc and arguably was still in the saiyan arc until he sacrificed himself for Gohan.

Man, Buu arc was such a shitshow.

Great Saiyaman or just pre buu shit was fantastic though.

Vegeta and Piccolo should have both been Majin'd, honestly. Piccolo could have decided to finally try and get revenge for his father because of it, then calmed down again once it was removed.

Yeah I always felt there was definitely something that can have been mined with Piccolo and his father, forgot if he ever got closure with that.

Buu arc >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cell arc

Maybe if they actually went through with the passing of the torch deal it wouldn't have been AS bad, and if Buu didn't just become Perfect Cell with Yusuke's voice it would have been fine.

No doubt, cell arc was shit.

The closure is that he is not his father so he doesn't have to follow his footsteps. He already fought that fight.

Cell wasnt very good either but it was definitely better

Both Vegeta and Piccolo should have been Majinn'd.

While Piccolo overcomes it because of his relationship with Gohan during a fight with him, it's revealed that Vegeta was never controlled and simply wanted to fight Goku. It'd have made for a stronger twist.

Majin Piccolo seem better if son Gohan was still the star

No. Piccolo's background was resolved and tied off in a way that Vegeta's beef with Goku wasn't.

By the time he merged with Kami he had already stepped into his guardian role so thoroughly that the petty emotional nature of the majin possession wouldn't have made any sense at all. There was no bigger gesture of ditching his "demon king" identity than absorbing his (once literal) antithesis.

Piccolo merged with kami!?

yep

Piccolo wasn't even evil during the 23rd Budokai, he just wanted revenge. His villainy was phoned in from the moment he was reincarnated, that's why it was so easy for him to turn good.

He was willing to blow up the island and kill all the people in it if it meant beating Goku. Not to mention he was probably the most sadistic a villain's ever been against Goku (best fight in the series though). I guess I could kind of see why it came across that way since he wasn't shown explicitly killing anyone, but I don't think his villainy was phoned in. He was really just reckless and didn't care who was killed as long as he got his revenge and had a knack for sadism, sure it's not as bad as Frieza or even Vegeta but it's still pretty bad.

Drop dead

Deep down Piccolo was a "demon" before the namek thing, so the Majin could be an excuse despite him being good now.
The Majin seemed to work with those that wanted more power or revenge, like Spopovich. Vegeta acted to get more power, so Piccolo could do the same to get a massive power up and be around Babidi to kill him off(sort like that Garlic filler did to save Kami).
The real problem is that the series was "only saiyans allowed", so Piccolo's role is to be a babbysitter, not a guardian because if he was a real guardian he would get stronger or want more power.

>It's not like I'm a good guy or anything baka

why dragon ball threads are always trivia shit.

>dies to save a little boy
>still pretends to care about world domination
Have to love it.

I fucking hope Super uses his character better in the multiverse tournament than it did in the last one.

I forgot he was still like this all the way to the Android arc.

If anything Piccolo being relegated to being a babysitter and "softening" as well as being weaker than the saiyans might be impetus for him to go Majin. Not sure if it boosted power, but it'd be good reason for him to go rogue for a bit.

Pretty much right after this even Kami called him out on his little act. He hadn't cared about any of that in years and just about all the evil in his heart was gone.

Better than power level wankfests.

Piccolo got to actually kill Goku dead at the start of Z.
That was his closure

Piccolo would get a boosted power for sure, even if temporary. Any Majin got a boost, even a guy like Spopovich did when he was defeated by Mr.Satan and Videl seemed to be stronger than her father

>Would Majin Piccolo have been better than Majin Vegeta?
They had already explored something similar in both the Dead Zone and Garlic Jr. Saga. Doing it a third time would have been too much.

>Piccolo wasn't even evil during the 23rd Budokai,

>I forgot he was still like this all the way to the Android arc.
Not really, it was if I recall correctly it was the first time he had said anything about world domination since before getting killed by Nappa

youtu.be/1Y2QW9dUR9M

Really, you could tell he'd stop being evil the moment Goku let him leave the tournament alive. He was built for revenge, but given that he was a three-year-old himself with the memories of his father, things weren't exactly the same.

Well I can kind of see why he'd think that. Piccolo never had any onscreen victims despite threatening to kill everyone in the area. I don't doubt he'd have done, but it's easy to see why it might comes across as a bluff. Even his sadism towards Goku can just be attributed as just wanting revenge on Goku but not caring about anyone else. It's kind of hard to gauge his evilness and how much of it is legitimate and how much is phony.

Literally all that was needed for Buu arc to be decent was for Goku to stay fucking dead. You literally cannot disprove it.

Even with Majin Vegeta, author could've just made it a fight against Gohan and actually made it about Vegeta midlife crisis of wanting to go back to the saiyan days instead of more Goku dicksucking.

If the current Piccolo merged with Piccolo Daimou, how much of a power boost would he get?

Here's the thing about Vegeta. When Vegeta went Majin, all it really did was bring him to Goku's level. And that was before Goku revealed Super Saiyan 3. So even with the power boost, he was still inferior to Goku.

Piccolo becoming Majin would have achieved nothing.

Didn't he? I kinda remember him blowing huge holes right through the stands and people were still sitting/standing right next to where the hole was, so I doubt he just shot an empty spot... Though it has been like 18 years since I read that part of the manga...

Yeah, to fight the cyborgs.

There's so much shit in the series that even the manga-ka forgot about it. Didn't you ever wonder what happened to Lunch? Or why nobody used the Kaio-Ken between the Saiyan arc and DBS?

The author, akira toriyama, never kept notes on his own story. He felt that he couldn't make a better fight than what occurred on Namek. He got tired of the Cell arc's serious tone so he made the Buu arc whatever he wanted it to be.

www3.mangafreak.net/Read1_Dragon_Ball_184_8
Here he shoots a beam directly at the crowd and Goku gets grazed trying to deflect it...

I was wrong about him blowing up the rafters while people were there, though. They panicked and ran away after Goku destroyed Piccolo's clothes and everyone realized who he was.

I mean, he was always a gag manga artist at heart. I still think the Cell reveal was 10/10, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=6jSqVhHGeV8

Piccolo Jr. was never evil to begin with.
He grew up completely alone, thinking he should live up to his dad's name by being a demon-king, yet all he ever truly wanted was a friend.
If he was truly evil, he never would have put with Gohan in the first place.
Instead, Gohan made him show his true colors, that even in a few months, he grew from "Demon King" to "I will not hesitate to sacrifice myself for that boy".
Piccolo was just a little bit tsundere, yet much less tsundere than Vegeta.

>Goku's entire harem is made up of tsunderes

Fuck, I never noticed before.

People who begrudgingly accept that they can't beat him. Vegeta is just the most stubborn.