This fucking garbage sucks ass. I'm 17 episodes in and I couldn't care less about any of them...

This fucking garbage sucks ass. I'm 17 episodes in and I couldn't care less about any of them. I've never seen a show that lacked ANY good girls at all. Also they all look fucking retarded and the MC is a huge emo faggot. Jesus christ, why did you make me watch this hot garbage?

It's not nearly as bad as Log Horizon I will never forgive Sup Forums for telling me to watch it

Why the fuck would you do that to yourself? If anything, read the VN, don't watch the pile of shit that is the anime adaption.

Shizuru is my waifu.

This was not a good adaptation. And of course you don't feel like any of the girls are great. They only glossed over their stories in the anime. Let me give you an example. Things left out of Shizuru's story: OH WHO AM I KIDDING! They left out almost all of it. During Shizuru's route you almost die because you over estimate your powers. Shizuru saves you by bonding you to herself through her life force. She loses her voice halfway through the route, but you don't even realize it. She wipes your memories so you never have to fight monsters again and even though you forget about her you still go out every day looking for something that is missing. Oh, and then the world ends.

Also, anime when?

This bitch is like the second worst character, right after the one stuck up bitch. I can't even remember their names because they are all so horrendous.

agreed, OP. this shit is godawful

Please don't bully my wife just because you watched some non-existent anime.

Because it wasn't an adaptation? The first season is the one most people has issues with, but that wasn't an adaptation. That was the Kagari route, with some parts of the Lucia and Akane routes messily put inbetween. It wasn't good but it was meant for the people who already played the VN. Rewrite is huge, a decent adaptation would take 3 cours at the very least.

But Moon and Terra were good. Back when it aired, I don't remember anyone who complained as loudly as the first season. Kotarou was at his best and the little extra at the end made it worthwhile for VN players.

Moon and Terra were OK but the animation ruined it. Remember when Sakuya came in the Moon route? It was an epic moment. In the anime it was just... meh. Just like the following battle.

But season two is already the best part of the story. I can agree that the common route is boring as sin, but moon/terra was actually pretty good.

So what? The ending where the the guy flies towards the earth is actually not related to the rest of the show?

Having watched every Key adaptation (except the Toei ones), Rewrite was definitely the worst, along with the Planetarian movie.

You haven't playied a lot of VNs, haven't you?
I agree. It wasn't that bad though. The worst thing that Key has shat out to me is still Charlotte.

Like 3 or 4. I just expected the show to be one coherent story instead of different endings. Especially when the whole fucking thing is about restarting over and over again.

>I agree. It wasn't that bad though. The worst thing that Key has shat out to me is still Charlotte.

Yeah, it wasn't horrible or anything. I enjoyed parts of it and it made me want to read the VN when it gets officially released. I agree about Charlotte being the worst. I just completely lost interest at one point. Finishing that show was a real chore.

>Whole post is a spoiler so skip it if you don't want to get spoiled
Do you mean ep16? That's the end of the moon route.
The anime is chronologically like the VN, it goes common route -> moon -> terra.
I'm actually pretty sure that this was explained in the moon route, but it's all part of the main story.
In each route Kotarou is trying to stop the salvation but every time it's a slightly different approach (different girl, different organization etc.), but non of them lead to a real happy ending.
The search for a way to stop the salvation continues in moon and ends with the start of the terra route Kotarou never had enough time in the other routes and gets the chance to start 10 years earlier.
Terra route is the final route where Kotarou finally has enough time to actually work towards a happy ending.

I got that part with not having enough time. It's like 4 am and I'm marathoning this shit so I must've missed something because to me it looks like they're still on the fucking moon then with the only difference that he survived now. Wouldn't it be kinda bad if he got the happy end on the fucking moon instead of the earth?

He is on the earth in the terra route (ep 17-24 is the terra route, moon route 13(?)-16 is on the moon), only difference is that he never had that accident where he fell into a coma for a few years, I'm not 100% what exactly caused the coma fuckery but he is basically 10 years older than all the other girls.
Since you are still watching the show I wouldn't like to spoil all the shit of the terra route since the last few episodes are really the only redeeming quality of the anime.

[x] Do it scene was better in the anime.

The flying boat to the moon scene was also better in the anime.
Anyone still got the pasta summery that was posted while the anime aired?

"Spoiler-free Rewrite synopsis:

Rewrite tells the story of Kazamatsuri Bond, a 27 year old agent of U.N. Special Ops (UNSO).
Bond was an edgy kid, he liked to kill bratty young girl's parents in front of them.
He fought the terrorists of the Greenpeace Conglomerate with every drop of his blood, no matter how many dinosaurs they had.
Both factions were fighting over a nuclear device called the Lock, which could destroy the world.
During one such battle Bond was defeated, and put into a coma because of the nuclear device.

Now at age 27, after waking from his coma, Bond decided fuck it and to enter school again, because he still looked like he was 17 from nuclear radiation.
Well he actually has amnesia as a side effect, but he just wants to live it up at school like he never got to.
He wanted to get a girlfriend, mess with his best friend, join a club, become a TV reporter and grope some girl's tits.
To get all of this, he joined a club where he reported on paranormal stuff with the other members.

Little did Bond know, the members were all undercover agents of UNSO and Terrorist Greenpeace!
His childhood friend, also turned out to be the girl whose parents he killed. Apparently she resurrected them into plant zombies, because she's a magical sage.
One friend is a UNSO top agent, one friend has a servant who is Bond's alternative universe self, one friend is literally worse than Hitler, and one friend is a walking biohazard.

If that wasn't enough, the Lock turned up again, starting another war. The device is actually a cute deadpan girl, with an obsession for Bond. She sneaks into his bed at night and haunts him.
To top it all off, Bond's blood is now nuclear residue which he can shape at will!

Now Bond must choose a side, but no matter what happens, the earth is fucked either way.
Unless of course he can become a tree, build a canoe with his wood, fly it to the moon and terraform it. That would solve everything.

Written by Romeo Tanaka"

The ending blows ass too. Like what did he even achieve? How does it even make sense? How the fuck did the key get from being stabbed to reappearing on the moon again and what was the point of taking a walk up there just to get a kiss? How the fuck did all the people survive and why is there suddenly an ice age going on? Fuck this gay shit, I've wasted a whole night on garbage yet again.

>anime only fags complaining about a VN adaptation
never change

That's not an excuse for the anime to be poor. You can adapt a VN, even one whose story is dependent on the multi-route structure, into a quality show.

I literally dropped the anime after the first episode because it was so bad. Don't know why anyone would actually watch that and not just read the visual novel.

VN adaptations rarely get any budget at all, because of how franchising winds up working with VNs. They also suck because of the format, and bad directors and scriptwriters being inexperienced with adapting them.

I am glad i stopped myself from watching it.I promised to myself after watching the Grisaia abomination that i will never watch a vn adaptation again, ever. It was the worst shit that happened to me, only being topped by the fucking shit sequels that the first vn got (labyrinth and eden). The first game was my favorite piece of weeb material i ever consumed but the sequels and the anime adaptation crushed my memories into the shitter.

I wanted to play the VN after I watched this, but it's getting an official translation at some point so I decided to wait for that rather than use the fan translation. I wonder if it will be released this year.