How can one game be so red-pilled?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jxWlJ_muK0I
youtu.be/XvnpO00_pYw
youtube.com/watch?v=C4DiYDYHKog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wrong board my friend

It's just too old and dated for me to try and go back and play it.
Made the mistake of picking up the newest Deus Ex and it sucked. imo

Play it for the story really, was released in 2k and a lot of the things they describe happened since. They even talk about a "meme war" if I remember correctly.

*drools*
I was just watching the deus ex redpill compilation on youtube. Iv'e never played it though but it looks pretty cool.

The redpills are crazy, the developers are clearly /ourguys/

it was made by a jew who went rogue and leaked the plans for the next half century.

yep 'meme war' is in one of the news publications you can read in the optional news terminals.
great game, better than half-life.

Really an incredibly fantastic game. Not just in terms of mechanics, either. You very rarely see a game with such a complex and interesting narrative. Even in the end you were never quite sure if you were really the good guy or not. It was all quite ambiguous. There hasn't been a better, more interesting game since.

>the developers are clearly /ourguys/

are (((they)))?

(((They))) probably tried to paint some semi-realistic conspiracies without realising they they were dropping redpills

here you go fags

Deus Ex is amazing, but you know what other game is pretty red pilled too? Arcanum, an old-school cRPG with a total mindfuck of a gnomish conspiracy (the parallels are pretty obvious) going on in the background. Then there's Metal Gear Solid 2 of course, not really on the same level as Deus Ex, but getting there.

That and MGS2.

MGS. been watching the cutscenes and codecs.

you do realise memes were coined way before dude sex and Sup Forums, by the king fedora himself mr. Dawkins

guns or magic?

Best mgs2 scene.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA

And the EU.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jxWlJ_muK0I

mgs has way crazier shit than the AI codec.

That Jap had real vision, i think things got to hot and he had to shitty up the games with the mini bosses becoming retarded in GOTP

The twin towers are missing from the skyline.
The game takes place in 2052.
The game was released on June 23, 2000.

youtu.be/XvnpO00_pYw

Believable....
most redpills come at the expense of retarded leftists not realising that people aren't completely brain dead yet and will quickly turn on them. Like we are currently seeing across the world.

>great game, better than half-life.

i'd agree if the augment system weren't so atrocious. the game seems balanced around certain augments like the regeneration one, that if you don't pick stuff like that, the rest of the game gets a lot more tedious to deal with. and if you don't have a backup save, you're fucked. i know you can mod that shit but for the sake of comparison i'm considering the vanialla game in both cases

I understand the chronology and the point remains snowchink kike.

the intriguing dialogue, random elements of information and augmentation concept were good enough in y2k, and the OpenGL textures were nice.

Magic. I'd prefer guns normally, but they're vastly underpowered in this game unfortunately. Plus running out of ammo sucks big time.

I don't want to spoil it to anyone, so I won't mention why exactly, but there's one point in the game (not all that far from the very beginning) where you need to venture into a specific mine/cave system and it will absolutely hand your ass to you on the very first playthrough since you don't really know what you're doing.

It's one of my favourite games ever now, but I had to restart it a bunch of times over the years to really get into it. Until I've rolled a magic character, finished it at least three times with different builds since. Plus being able to talk to various ghosts using necromancy spells to get more insight into the lore is such a cool addition, fuckloads of easter eggs too.

youtube.com/watch?v=C4DiYDYHKog