Do you watch left wing shows to understand their arguments and counter them with your arguments?

Do you watch left wing shows to understand their arguments and counter them with your arguments?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PsB1e-1BB4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=xcwJt4bcnXs
youtube.com/watch?v=2hWYgPDVX_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Watching someone make the same argument with the same jokes
No.

"Argument"

They don't have arguments.

All you need to know about where and how the left argues. It hardly ever deviates from this formula.

You only need to see this show one time. Mindless bots following the formula and laughing when they are told to.

These all sound like tactics Trump uses. So when the left says something, it's soyboy cuck language, but when the president says it, it's truth?

They don't have arguments. They just imply everyone who disagrees with them is racist and anti-science.

Confirmed for never watching the show.

I'm always open to hearing arguments from either side but with Trump in office there is no argument.

very enlightened dude. Fuck all facts, TRUMP IS DA BESS HURR DURR

>Las Week Tonight
>arguments

>Fuck all facts, TRUMP IS DA BESS HURR DURR
You going straight to this is my point. Thanks for helping me elaborate.

I have watched the show. He literally outright lies. It's nothing but cultural marxist social engineering.

youtube.com/watch?v=PsB1e-1BB4Y

So what is your stance on non-political segments like the NFL stadium item?

youtube.com/watch?v=xcwJt4bcnXs

When there are spiders in my living room I just remove them with the vacuum cleaner. I don't listen to them or argue with them.

fuck sake it's really that bad

> DRUMPF
not an argument

Please provide an example user. I know for a fact that Oliver applies rules 3,4 and 5 on every show.

>Left wing shows
>Arguments
Hi John. Your show sucks.

It's not relevant whether the coverage is accurate, I'm merely asking whether biased coverage on the left is as toxic as the biased coverage on the right. For some reason you discard ANYTHING on the left without listening and accept ANYTHING on the right because it suits your narrative. Think about that.

>not political
>literally one minute into the video he makes an unwarranted attack on scientology.
This is the problem. What if someone is a Scientologist? What if Scientologists are right and everyone else is wrong? He operates from the view point where you have to already agree with all of his opinions and accept them as truths with no explanation. It's just typical lefty nonsense of thinking they are intellectually and morally superior to everyone else while they circlejerk in their echo chamber.

No. There is no arguing with mental illness.

Use to just to try to make sense of what they're saying...I failed

some of his segments on things like patent-trolling and other less partisan issues are watchable.

I used to be a very left leaning person, they have nothing to offer me that isn't built upon lies user. I already am aware of what motivates them.

You cannot apply reason to someone who never used reason to arrive at their conclusions in the first place.

Scientology is retarded. If you think otherwise, you are retarded. Even if you think Scientology is sound, the joke is offensive but not detrimental to the story. So you are triggered FOR Scientologists despite not being one. Very snowflake of you.

It follows the exact same formula.

Listen, it's not an argument to laugh at someone's family name or to call that person a bottom gay. This is an old comedic practice called buffoonery. And the people who consider those jokes as serious arguments should be considered as buffoons, plain and simple.

This is what I don't get. I'm a vegetarian, and I laugh at jokes about vegetarians being hippie pussies. I can still enjoy a good joke. Yet whenever someone makes a joke about you racist fucks, you go: HE MADE FUN OF US, KIKE BITCH FUCK HIM KILL HIM. Grow the fuck up.

Nah I remember being in my early teens.

their arguments boil down to "your a racist" or "you're a nazi"

yeah discard arguments people have that don't agree with you, fuck listening to it and actually counter it, just say they are retards and be done with it. YOU WON.

shut the fuck up boomer

nice arguments kid.

Fucking this and more and more morons are starting to use this, its fucking frightening

Have you ever watched Stephen Colbert? His audience don't actually laugh at his jokes, they just whoop and cheer because they agree with what he has just said.

Sounds just like how the right argue as well. Shit this is just about everyone's playbook.

If someone refers to something uttered in a comedic show and present it to you as an argument, yes it should be ignored.

>Every thing I say is right because everyone who disagrees with me is retarded
This is why nobody takes you leftists seriously and you only talk in echo chambers. You are the most closed minded people in the world. You think you are right and everyone who disagrees with you is morally and intellectually inferior. You don't make logical arguments, you just attack the character of anyone who disagrees with you. You don't think your political views are political views, you think they are just the normal and correct way to think.
The moment I pointed out how you are wrong when you said that the leftist political propaganda you linked wasn't political, you just immediately responded by calling me retarded, rather than even taking my point or making any sort of coherent argument. Many such cases!

Sometimes, those rules can be twisted to any end really the only real difference is the results someone wants to achieve.

youtube.com/watch?v=2hWYgPDVX_8

These types of shows are comedies. There's nothing to counter. They all follow the same formula. The host brings up an issue follows it up with a joke, the audience laughs, then the host makes a shocked face and talks about how stupid someone is. They may play a clip or video to back up what they are saying but that's it. There is no discussion or anything.

So what I've gathered from this thread is, no, no one here is willing to try to understand the other side of the argument. You would all rather just drink the conservative kool-aid and that's it.

Every biased place, left or right grabs the lowest hanging fruit of the other, often takes it out of context, then proceeds to verbally rape that nonentity to the delight of the viewers. It's all cancer

>present fact
>make joke
>laugh track
>repeat

i don't talk to anyone about anything

>watching mindrot
I don't know about you, but I make it a point to not waste my life on trash.

I stopped watching this twit when it became bash Trump all the time.

True, but it was said that, this was how the left handles business. It's clearly how just about everyone handles it.

No because I don't argue with leftists. Utterly inane.

>argument
what I learned from watching their shitty shows is that their "argument" is to play a clip from a Republican and then play a laugh track
>republicans! lmao

it's not about the jokes. Forget the jokes of Oliver, Meyer, Colbert, Jeffries, stick to the topic. Jokes are always drenched in hyperbole, that's called a JOKE.

But isn't Alex Jones 1 big retarded joke?

>you just attack the character of anyone who disagrees with you
That's hilarious since anyone disagreeing with you on Sup Forums is called a soyboy shill cuck faggot.

So with the NFL stadium video, how can you defend public spending used for billion dollar clubs with billionaire owners while the city goes bankrupt? How is that fair? How is that a left wing narrative?

I understand them at their very core and I disagree. All the ideological and social furnishings thereafter are irrelevant.

how much do they pay you to defend these muppets, memeflag?

>counter them
name calling and conspiracy theories isn't a counter argument.

try again with an argument, maybe I can say something worthwhile on that. Or do you not have any arguments?

They are effective to say the least, read those rule and turn on your tv, you will be shocked to say the least if you weren't aware of them.

Shows like this aren't completely bullshit. There's a smidgen of truth in it.

I watch them to find out aspects of things I didn't know and to study the art of deception, be it boring like outright lies and lies through omission, or the more devious sort, like intentionally framing the conversation incorrectly and misrepresenting facts in unexpected/unflattering contexts.

Know thy enemy.

why would I?
All they do is make awful analogies and character attacks

No
They have no arguments.
If they did I would watch.

ahahahhahahhahahha

kys faggot

Sure, if you take off the memeflag.

They don't give arguments.

>isn't Alex Jones 1 big retarded joke?

Can you find anyone here who considers Alex Jones seriously? He's seen as half-sympathetic-troll half-lolcow.

Alright, I'll believe that you understand and disagree. For myself, I have to have the opposing side of every argument to make up my mind (typically somewhere in the middle). I have some need to play devil's advocate with myself every time I start to form an opinion, otherwise I don't feel my thoughts are valid without some kind of dissent.

Nothing to be gained when your opponent has no argument against your position and can only resort to name calling and simple jokes.

Yes, it's the same joke every single time.

>"something topical is in the news this week for being stupid; yeah, and Trump wants to be friend with it"

Yes more so then i view shows that share my political values. 1 not to stay in an echo chamber 2 the over the top propoganda spin makes for a good laugh

Never said anything to the contrary, it is a strong method to discredit a valid argument, hence why both sides use it to effect.

So when they show a video of Trump being a dumbass, like forgetting the name of a person he just announced, do you cringe because Trump fucked up, or what?

>blame the others on name-calling when Trump is the champion of name-calling

Hilarious

Scientologists are deluded cultists but they're the only cabal competing with the kikes in Hollywood, and for that, they have my full wholehearted support.

Not an argument.

This, you can't hold an argument with the kind of person that views this show because they have no argument. They simply regurgitate what they heard, and laugh if you contradict The Good Facts.

Go on twitter and look under any political tweet. Trump's is a good example. You'll see both sides, but you won't see them have any real conversation. Both will dump long chains of links or memes, usually irrelevant to what they're "responding" to, and throw their preferred buzzwords at detractors (who, themselves, probably did not make a coherent response).

This is the level of discourse in America; There is none. Democracy has failed.

this thread
>sage

interesting point

Nope life's too short to ever torture myself watching some snake tongued liar on TV.

Anyway in my experience if you're arguing with one irl, they will probably talk over you and try to get the upper hand, it's all about being adept in speech not arguments.

So don't let them take advantage in this and they will eventually 1. claim victory 2. get teary eyed or 3. Get violent.

You literally aren't making arguments. It's nothing but ad hominem attacks and "No you". You can't debate people who don't make any arguments.

Why do you think I'm some Trump fanboy?

Pointless academic masturbation. There's no point trying to come to an understanding with people you fundamentally disagree. Your energy is finite, stop wasting it.

>I'm a Muslim, and I'm liberal and hang out with Jews all the time!
>That means most Muslims are just like me!

Every other fucking Daily Show episode.

I make myself read left wing perspectives a little bit. I'm not going to harm my well being by watching comedy propaganda

Anytime I see a non-American commenting on American politics. I imagine how absurd it would be for an America to go over and to the UK and start commenting on British poltics.

It's effective. Andrew Breitbart appreciated them and used them in his own book and life.

Ok then guys, here let's play devils advocate.

What if I told you that liberalism is in fact not a mental illness, or some childlike screeching, but a want and need to make America a more free, happier, and healthier nation, and that they would wealth for that...

Is that wrong?

>it's all about being adept in speech not arguments.
like how people respond right here? Whenever you disagree it's you being a jew cuck shill. So either accept different views or accept being a narrow-minded shithead.

We in Europe welcome foreign banter, because we are not children. Weird how we can take a joke but you can't.

>I imagine how absurd it would be for an America to go over and to the UK and start commenting on British poltics.
>it's unimaginable for a civilized person to have insight on politics in another country
Your double-digit IQ is showing, goblin.

>left wing shows
>arguments
pick one

I do all the time, I don't like to discount any opinion until I've heard it. Although if a source such as Colbert or Breitbart or Alex Jones is consistently spouting rubbish I'll obviously be less inclined to pay attention. But yeah, if you don't challenge your own ideas and beliefs then you're just a sheep with no clue, and good luck debating anyone.

>it's not about the jokes. Forget the jokes of Oliver, Meyer, Colbert, Jeffries, stick to the topic. Jokes are always drenched in hyperbole, that's called a JOKE.
Then why are you acting like they have any legitimate opinions?

RENT FREE

top fucking kek, i don't think so

I was going to say if you don't like a show don't watch it but you're obviously getting entertainment out of it making fun of it.
Also what episode of the Office is this?
I just wanna know because the guy in the scene is hella cute. ( > ▽ < )

But it is childlike screeching in that they're ignoring biological and physiological facts. When you do that, you're effectively detached from reality.
>If wishes were horses, beggars would ride

Ok. Theres truth to the academic masturbation bit, but at the same time, if you do understand them, and can counter their every argument. Would that not mean you have reached some imperical truth and should actively debate them to spread that?

>shh shill, no more shilling, no more ad homenins, just gas

Exactly. If the left are wrong all the time, how are you not able to discard all their arguments in a flash?