Storing Silver/Gold at home vs third party

I'm looking to get into precious metals more as a hedge on my portfolio not so much for the coming collapse of civilization. I'd be looking at buying the most liquid coins possible, but I also read that they lose value just by being sold inside these United States. Or even just by me taking possession.
Any anons with experience in this? How much value could it swing either way?

age verification for your pedo image

Fully developed titties. She’s fuckable. I’d like to smell her panties. Don’t give a fuck what number her age is

Never a bad idea to have a few 1 oz. silver and gold bars and/or rounds on hand.
I'd get a good heavy safe to keep them in tho.

ASE silver eagles are easy to liquidate. You can sell anything slightly below the days spot price.

>I also read that they lose value just by being sold inside these United States. Or even just by me taking possession.

I don't know where you've read this but it's not true in my experience. You buy a little above spot and sell a little below spot, this is expected.

kys

comparegoldprices.com

>the most liquid coins possible
Gold eagles/maples/krugerrands. Silver eagles/maples/pre-1965 junk silver

>I also read that they lose value just by being sold inside these United States. Or even just by me taking possession.
Lies.

>How much value could it swing either way?
The buy-sell spread is usually about 2-3%. That's what you should target. Therefore if you bought then immediately sold, you would lose 2-3%.

You can also buy stocks on gold/silver mining companies, or options on those stocks.

Safety deposit boxes at the bank are $35 a year to rent...dont keep it in your house you are just asking to get robbed.

Buy a small safe and bury it somewhere very desolate. I have a small amount of gold, and some cash buried near my grandparents house just in case I hit hard times.

If you holding them for the 'Collapse' Why the hell would you let a 3rd party hard it
If things go to shit, then you just lost it all as they will keep it

Tbh if you're murrican and into physical investments, there are many firearms that appreciate better than stocks or precious metals do. The side benefit is you can play with them to some extent.

Name one firearm that increases in value.

>pay for your safety deposit box, goy
>you wouldn't want all these diverse immigrants invading your property, would you?
>also, give up your guns

dude, with all the hormones, a 13 year old can have fully developed titties, not a good way to judge her age.

she's an American Apparel model

.........Look at the AK market. Right now with Trump in office, the more "basic" gun market is down for both new and used firearms but the AK market is strong thought about selling some but I want to pass them on to my kids.

I'm not attracted to her at all though. What about that extremely developed body says 'pedophilia' to you? You've never seen a child before?

What kind of AK's are the ones to buy? In your opinion, what is causing the increase in AK prices?

Most pre-86 NFA automatics, discontinued import NIB chinese/russian guns, most collector grade milsurp, older colt/s&w revolvers, oddball limited-run guns. There are many desireable guns that have consistently risen in value for decades, and even some not-so-desireable guns that have tripled in price in the last 10 years.
>name my investment picks
It's less about what guns to buy, and more about condition, completion, what you pay, and how long you are willing to hold.

Why doesn't she have a vag?

What about Gold etfs?

What's the point of burying something in a safe? If someone finds it they are going to get it open. Unironically you might be better off burying something in an aluminium can.

The ETFs that supposedly hold gold or silver bullion may not actually hold all of the physical metal they claim to hold. ETFs that hold gold and silver mining stocks are fine. I prefer to hold individual stocks because I do my own research.

Q predicted this

Any in particular that you would recommend. Are there any that hold both? (Genuinely curious about this topic)

i used to be able to buy norinco SKSs for $49 in the 90s. a norinco MAK-90 was $325 back then.

Belgian-made Browning shotguns

the bulgarian ones are nice --- go to /k/ for a more informed opinion

it's a sex doll with a hole only in the back for guys who only do anal tho, Kerpal

I hold long-term call options on AUY, SSRM, AG, and JNUG. Of these, AUY is most conservative, and JNUG is highly risky. You can easily lose everything on JNUG because it's a leveraged ETF. For gold/silver mining ETFs, do a google search for "gold mining etf" "silver mining etf" and related words. You will find a few lists of the most popular ones.

>Name one firearm that increases in value.

HK rifles and certain pistols.

Do you sell these directly to retail buyers? Gun stores pay wholesale prices. How do you find buyers? Go to gun shows? Sell on gunbroker.com?

>buy junk silver coins
>smelt them down to remove impurities or hammer them flat so no one post-apocalypse knows they're junk
>store in secret place

Checked. Great info!
And for gold eagles, you just go through something like apmex? And then store in like a bank safety deposit box? (I don't really have the ability to have my own safe)

>How to reduce the value of your silver by 20%, the post.

gold is the best material to do liquid currency

comparegoldprices.com. I find that provident metals is usually the cheapest. Also, sometimes there are good deals in the Ebay daily deals section. You can also call around your local gold/silver dealers for their prices. Go on google maps and type words like "gold" "coin" and so on. I prefer to just hide them at home.

Private sales or gunbroker listings after you have decided to cash out.

On the current market unless you want an AK just because I would not recommend getting one just because of the price. The AR platform offers you so much more for the price. The AK rifles that are more practical for shooting are WASRs(Some have quality issues watch out) or they are bringing in more Arsenal 107R these are both solid "shooter" rifles. If you are wanting a more collectable rifle milled Arsenals and Norinco rifle's milled or stamped are great. Molot rifles are excellent($$$) Saiga rifles($$$). Kit guns Polish or Hungarian are the two most popular right now but are hit or miss depends on if a monkey built them. All the 5.45x39 guns are hot right now. DON'T BUY RAS47 or C39 or any IO inc rifles. They are made of garbage parts. The market is a mess do your research.

I wouldn't feel comfortable hiding them at home (would rather not go into my living situation). So I was just wondering about a bank safety deposit box. Thanks for all of the info!

never own more gold than you can carry

Pretty easy to do.

>people are going to want to sit there and make jewelry when they are starving and have people shooting at them
lol ok lad, have fun with your investment. I might be able to spare some saltine crackers at a rate of 1 pound of gold per cracker.

just buy some buffaloes closest to spot as you can

dollar bills will be even more worthless in that scenario dumbly

Now is the best time to buy saltine crackers.

best response to baitpost

If shit hits the fan, you want a gun, bullets, and some small denomination scrap silver coins to barter for food and fuel. Just having that will put you in better shape than 99% of all people.

Otherwise, I'd buy gold stocks from an established producer like Barrick or Goldcorp for if you want exposure that is liquid and safe if someone breaks into your home.

I've been in gold shares off and on since 2001. The big moves up happen when people get really scared they could lose a lot of money in alternative asset classes. The big moves down happen when confidence in other higher yielding assets is restored. Supply, demand, interest rates, etc have an effect too but not nearly as much as the above.

& peanut butter.

That could be true if you pay sales tax or a collectors premium. That's why I like sticking with scrap coins.

Can someone answer a question I have about this? If society collapses, what value do precious metals actually have? They're only worth something if people want them, and with the collapse of society, people will want to exchange goods and services. Not currency.

Am I being a retarded nigger here?

birch gold

If shit hits fan and they shut the bank, your gold is gone.

Glad someone else agrees with me. Gold seems worthless if you're both starving.

Gold and silver have a dick ton of uses outside of their esthetics. They have absurd malleability, conductility, stability, antibacterial properties (germs don't survive on silver shit well) among other stuff. Shit is hella useful.

Yeah, I'm not buying that. SHTF, you're not going to be scrubbing your undies with silver.

There's a reason why gold was valuable in ancient times, and it's not because it was a pretty color.

Gold doesn't corrode. You don't want to use a currency like iron which rusts away over time. Gold is scarce enough to be valuable. Other elements are too scarce to be used as currency and others are so abundant that they hold no value.

That's idiotic. As a government issued coin, it's authenticity and silver content are easy to determine, making it a desirable medium of exchange. A lump of silver on the other hand has none of those properties.

Literally anything fully automatic.

>Currency

Yeah, but currency is only worth something if it's backed by something, or is something that people value. No one is going to want to use currency for transactions since no one is going to be able to agree on a price. Actual collapse of civilization means you can't jump on your iphone and check to see what the price of gold looks like today. It's much easy to say you'll trade eggs for some milk.

Easy to determine for you or maybe others in our current society, but how easy will it be for the layman?

She's not 13 you faggot

I've always assumed that the end game for a model was to work long enough until some old perv marries you so you can offset his fat hairy jew genetics when you have his children.

I honestly can't imagine any other scenario that works out for them in the end. Maybe basketball players?

Read up on what happens in Weimar republic type scenarios. You can buy a house with an ounce of silver. Of course, once the starving mobs figure out you have hard currency, they'll try to kill you for it which is where the guns and ammo come in.

My dragunov is probably worth close to double what I paid for 5 years ago.

Galils because I think it would be funny to shoot jews with their own hardware.

I hate you fucking newfags

user, why would you spout off some nonsense about a subject you are very clearly completely ignorant of?

How do you plan to feed your family if the currency becomes worthless? Have your wife suck the baker's cock in exchange for a loaf of bread? She better be good because she'll have to compete with all the other wives that have nothing else to barter with.

Personally I wouldn't bury a safe, but if you did it's not hard to bury other metals above it.

What pisses me off about that pic and especially that model is that everything she wears that shows her tits or pussy can easily be covered up with skintight underwear but isn't because she's a whore
Isn't that sad?

I've noticed that full autos are really expensive, but why are people paying such high prices? Semi auto is very effective in battle, and it's alot cheaper. Are people paying more because full auto is more fun to shoot? Or are they SHTF preppers who believe that full auto will be better?

>store gold at bank
>shit hits the fan
>bank is robbed by bank employees 2 minutes later
>you sit at home with your dick in your hand

Oh no no no, I'm not an idiot that lives in a place where food dries up when the food trucks stop coming. I grow 1/3 of my own food right now with a years worth canned. Good thing you have that bakers cock idea in your head though. You might be able to give him some gold to lick the fat off his cleaver.

Consider a mindset where good and evil don't work the way that you currently imagine it. Where you can do whatever you want and have other people tell you that you're righteous and teams of people tell your detractors that they're just haters. That's the society that we live in. This girl probably does feel pangs of guilt due to the intrinsic morals we all share deep down. She's living in her own personal hell as we speak.

Ha! I already planned on having my dick in my hand at the end of the world! It's like I have gold in the bank right now!

The info is all over the Internet. Assuming that went down, I estimate 10% of the population could guess the value of a scrap silver coin with relative accuracy. Moreover, there are many millions of these coins held in private hands that would come back into circulation immediately in such a scenario.

Because the supply of them is extremely limited. Semi auto is effective in battle, when you're alone, but if you happen to be one of those militia types or shtf kinds, you might want at least one full auto gun within your group for suppression.

Also it's super fun.

>thinking they have an endgame

For most, modelling is simply a part time gig that pays much better than McDonald's. I'm sure most end up living normal lives.

Surely the don't start off with one. When mommy and daddy leave them alone with their (((agent))) so he can ascertain the young ladies "talent" they probably just think it's what someone else wants for them. Others are probably just kids that got touched by Uncle Mike and now have a poor understanding of sex/sexuality so they sell their image with their tits out in ads that preteen boys jerk their peepees to. That all being said, they have to at some point look at their lives and say "I can't keep doing this forever."

Well yeah, I was talking about the ones that do it for a living.

Fuck man, stop being a prude. There's nothing wrong with being a lingerie model.

Good for you but that doesn't work for city dwellers.

If you don't mind degeneracy and rotting of the soul, you're right. Nothing wrong otherwise.

Well, actually the fact that I don't want my daughters to look up to people like this some day and want to emulate them. That too.

If you live in the city it should be a priority to have a piece of land outside of the city. Even just several acres. No utilities, nothing. Should be cheaper than a new car. Arable land could save your life. Get a wild garden going and tame it later. It's a better investment than most since land only goes up in value over time. Why? Because they aren't making any more of it.

Buy casks of whiskey and crates of cigarettes.
Old lever action Winchesters and model 70.
Learn to drive tacks at 600 meters. All those expensive Valmets and HK 93 will be free.
Learn to shoot through loopholes.

>collapse of civilization.
user, you will be happy if you will get a sack of potatoes for your golden coin which maybe will save your life for the first winter. You are gonna die like most of the others anyway. You should invest in your own farm and buy lots of guns and prey, but you will be eventually fucked too when some military group will find your farm. In best scenario you will become slave on your own plantation. These metal collectors are silly as fuck.

Or better yet, learn how to make shine and the fast way to force that shine to age into whiskey. It's not like you won't be growing corn, so you might as well.

You've got a good point about militaries coming in and taking over. You really want to join up with other farmers if you want to stand a chance. Make it not worth their bullets so they go find softer targets. The guy that thinks he's going innawoods with his sks and dog will die in a week.