Tattoos and their signifigance

Millions of people have tattoos worldwide

They have been a common practice for thousands of years

Nowadays they are used to express interests and some even done for comedic reasons,
but still there are numerous groups which carry out tattooing as a practice

Many if not all gangs use tattoos

Tribes continue the practice symbolic tattoos to this day

The SS had tattoos and so do modern day military members to symbolize their involvement/continue a tradition

So why are they viewed as degenerate even if done for traditional reasons?

Why do Christianity and Islam forbid tattoos?

And how are tattoos fixed so deeply in our society?

i have a black sun tattoo on my chest

Did you get it for the symbolic meaning?

of course

Yes, they are degenerate.

You're harming and irreparably altering the body your parents gave you, and the flesh created in the image of the Lord thy God, for a passing fad or a helpless and pathetic plea for individualism and a grasp at being identified as a member of whatever subculture you're not privy to.

Nice, I see allot of symbolic tattoos among traditional individuals and nationalists across social media

According to Christianity in ancient times pagans used to don themselves in tattoos and God forbade his own people from getting them to further culturally seperate them from the pagans.

"Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."
Leviticus 19:28

Christians do not follow Old Testaments laws as they are irrelevant this side of the cross. Some of them do claim now thought that we shouldn't mark our bodies as Corinthians say our bodies are "temples of the holy spirit". Don't really know about other religions.

i dont see it that way. if you have firmly believed in something for a long while you should be proud to wear it symbolized on your body.

What do you believe in that requires so facile an action as to require you to explicitly scar your flesh with ink?

they look ugly as fuck.

THe only thing a tattoo indicates is that your a massive idiot for wasting your money.

Tattoos are bad for your spiritual energy, they corrupt you.

Ever seen someone from the elite use tattoos? (that isn't that weird rothschild, you kno, the wigger)

If you need to paint a picture on your body to symbolize something that means something to you then you're doing it wrong. Your flesh eventually rots away, what matters more is the actions you do in your life rather then the selfish shit like getting a tattoo does. All it indicates is that you're vain

Extremely gay.

This. If you need to show your conviction by being a literal signboard and labeling yourself with ink, then it's an infantile belief anyway

Tattoos are for multiculturalists who have abandoned their own for someone elses. Theres nothingnmore pathetic than seeing someone like a white person with gay ass dragons and koi fish on their skin, or shitheads LARPing as vikings or nazis when theyve never even stepped foot outside their country, let alone been to europe.

This was settled long ago - tattoos are degenerate, just as any body modification with the sole exception of earrings for women.

Fucking christfags. Go support gay marriage and suck some more brown cock.

>be me
>2009
>loser
>get swastika tattoo in age of ironical nazism
>use tattoo as a way to demean the physical body (not give a fuck)
>meet women, have relationships
>they don't care about the tattoo (2009-2015)
>i am still liberal at this point
>2016 hits
>see the cracks in all of it: culture, politics, etc.
>women write me off as nazi
>anti-social now
>extremely paranoid
>don't regret my tattoo

>Why do Christianity and Islam forbid tattoos?
Christisnity doesn't forbid tattoos. Where did you come up with that nonsense? Some of the earliest Christian saints had them.

I have 4 tattoos. Each is something personal to me relating to either my family or an accomplishment that I've made. All have very beautiful line work and shading.

If you are gonna get a tattoo, at least hire a quality artist and don't be that dumb white dude with Chinese words written in him.

whats with the surge of tat threads. wtf sage

This is the path to moral subjectivity.

I have a few tattoos, but they're all "traditional" sailors tats. They have actual meaning, unlike the shit soyboys get

five swallows, specifically if anyone was curious

Tattoos are fine, most people here are just contrarian retards who rage against anything popular because they think it makes them superior.

make sure to get tested for blood borne diseases
afterwards and you'll be fine

>sailor tats
>They have actual meaning
>never been in the naval branch of the military or even in the ocean besides swimming feet offshore

this. also, daily reminder that even Jesus Himself is gonna get a bitchin tat on judgement day. Revelation 19:16

tattoos are retarded

Any kind of tat is just a sign of weakness.

observe my numerals. no-tatters btfo

>Ironic Nazism in 2009
>getting a swastika tattoo for the lulz

Are you fucking retarded

Like I'd give you fucks any of my tattoo ideas. Ok just one.

Depends on who you are trying to impress.

kill yourself

That's apex cancer

you are answering your own question. it went from actual tribesmen wearing them to sailors and hookers to modern military to soyboys. "symbolic" faggotry vs original meaning

fuck you. my body is a living testament to my accomplishments, why should i NOT commemorate the milestone moments in ink?

second mate on a LNG carrier actually

sorry you've done nothing with your life user

I have tattoos and I regret it.
My issue with them is that as a person you are always growing and changing. if not youre simply dead mentally.
When i got my tattoos i was in my early 20s and I thought i knew everything about the world, yet as i approached 30 all of the fundamental ideas i had back then had basically been inverted.
theres just no point. You can get some ink and project your ideologies to the world but in a few years if your mindset changes youll regret it and if you dont change this doesnt change the fact that nobody gives a shit about your tattoos and the ideology represented.
Just buy a tshirt instead

Took you an awful long time to lie, faggot

Gayyy

I have tons of shitty horror movie and old punk rock band tattoos on my arms and legs. I got them 10-15 years ago, as I was a tattoo artist myself while in school studying to be a graphic designer. I fucking hate them now, but it is what it is now. People think I am a degenerate, but I am conservative in nearly all aspects of my personal life, as well as with politics. My advice, don't brand yourself with bullshit you may regret 10+ years later.

''what if I forget the things I did? I need to pay for scars to remind me'' fuckin fag

not everyone is furiously updating some Sup Forums thread mate

The amount of money some people drop on these could get you something cool like a motorcycle or a gun.
Instead you get permanent doodles because apparently you're incapable of remembering your own achievements?.

>2018
>not having a ss skull tattooed or a wolfsangel
LUL

based Malaysia

Drop the first and last tattoo and it becomes good.

Boruto's dad turned out well.

No, but youre a liar who had to think about it for a long time, anyone in the service wouldnt give a vague ass reply to someone calling them a liar. You are a liar, and I'm 100% sure youre just a cuck hipster who followed the gay nautical tattoo trend like every one else

I got this to commemorate the greatest moment in Internet history.

When i see tattoos on a dude
>insecure manchild
When I see tattoos on a chick
>whore

It’s just a cry out for attention, in one of the most degenerate ways possible, altering your body. The prevalence of tattoos in our culture directly correlates with the rise of transgenderism. It’s all just who can take it the furthest to get attention. The SS and military guys who used to get tattoos did it because nobody else had them, in a cultures where everyone is deforming themselves and being proud of it I think those guys would have said fuck the tattoos.

kek

Wow man please explain what stupid hyped sensation I can permantly print on my body to make me as cool as you!

good think I'm not in the service you complete idiot. I'm a fucking civilian, which you'd know as well if you were in the navy or maritime field

I got this cool pair of permanent glasses too.

I like some tats but most are shit cliche degenerate trash.

because you disturb the sanctity of your own body.
it's also the asymmetry that's disturbing.

Doesnt matter because youre a liar and I saw through it immediately. You werent anything, just a cuck LARPfag who STILL hasnt given any info other than a vague reply, because you dont know shit. You cant bullshit an entire website full of bullshitters, kid.

Tattoos are the easiest way to know when someone is complete fucken trash.

Ye but I carved me family name in me chest there so I done them proud like

Now tattoos are used to make Chinese grammatical errors.

oh i wont forget. i just want whoever pulls me out of the ice to know. its called a legacy, and you sure as shit wont have one

what information do you want?

want me to got over MARPOL regulations?
How about how to launch a lifeboat?
What about GMDSS?
SOLAS is always entertaining, which interation would you prefer I quote?

what fucking info do you want from a random guy on Sup Forums?

It is, like all other things on this board, an opinion. Half the anons here are self righteous hypocrites who project and spout religious crap and the only reason they “care” is because they don’t have power over others, we’re free to do whatever we want with our bodies and that infuriates them, the collectivism they long for will end up making people the same as they are today, Mindless sheep who wont ask questions.

are tattoos that symbolize your heritage or your ethnicity degenerate?
ie. the southern cross, pagan symbols, nordic symbols

LNG is liquid natural gas you fucking retard

OT is Judaism you idiot

Sure, now that youve stalled enough and have had had ample time to google what you can find. Just how fucking new are you?

Look! It's still posting after getting fucken destroyed!
He said 2nd mate on an LNG carrier you dumb cunt, that's not vague and you're a joke.

Jesus christ, shut the fuck up you absolute retard

Not important, whats important is the weak ass LARP hes portraying

/thread
If you're degenerate enough to get a tattoo then gas yourself

Unironically kys yourself

nah, this is entertaining. Dude thinks that everyone that works on a ship has to be part of the "service".

what are some other things you know about ships? Please regale us with your wisdom

What you contribute to mankind is a living testament and it lives on even after death, selfish and egotistical shit like painting your body does nothing to help anyone but give yourself an inflated ego and self satisfaction

>destroyed
Hardly
>he said
He said the most vague shit possible. Anyone not LARPing wouldve at least gave the ship's name AT LEAST, at the beginning, and he didnt. Use your brain, retard.

Those tatts are on the near and far acupuncture points for lower back and joint pain. The body showed signs of osteochondrosis.
It's a doctor's prescription.
Yes, people in Europe had advanced acupuncture therapy 4000 years ago.
So when some stormfaggot says acupuncture is some degenerate hippy asian shit you can laugh and push him down the stairs.

Traditional tattoos with meaning are fine. It's the retarded ones, especially by wypipo, niggers and spics that are degenerate.

>white numale cuck: some Asian-related tattoo, a tattoo related to subculture

>niggers: Gang tattoos

>Spics: Gang tattoos

Western tattoos are degenerate.

Unless you are a Maori, Tongan or real Scandinavian Viking desendant you have no business getting tattoos. Those are tribal and traditional to a culture. Tattoos are the bumper stickers of the human body. Bumper stickers were originally the color of the car or amber/red for broken tailights for people to cheap to fix them. Over time makers realized that they could make them cool stickers or "Obama/Bernie" stickers. Bumper stickers, body kits, and stereotypical flames are done to hide the cheapness of a vehicle. Think about this. When was the last time anyone put on bumper stickers, body kits, flames on a Ferrari, Lamborgini, Yacht, Porshe? Never, why? Because those cars are super valuable. No one has to prove their worth. The makers know the value of the product they sell. When was the last time you ever saw a commercial or ad for them? Never, why? Because they sell themselves. Cheap brand makers constantly advertise their cheap products to convince you they are valuable.

Tattoos are the bumper stickers, flames, advertisements and body kits of the cheap person. A person who knows how uninteresting, unintellectual, and how boring they are. So they use tattoos to hide or distract you from this fact. It is the sign of lack of foresight, lack of wisdom, lack of self-respect, low-self esteem, insecurity, and self-hatred.

Eww, look at it squirm even though it got cut in half!
Get a life, dickhead.

Vikings used to steal from other cultures they met and were proud of it.
Your LARPing is suburban and illiterate.

Why the fuck would anyone list their place of work on Sup Forums of all places

Look at this tryhard LARP, armed with googled nautical terms to try to sound legit. Youve been rekt, faggot, but keep on dodging

please give your work address and exact position in the company.

>implying you aren't some NEET

Were you dropped on your skull? Anyone who is proud enough of their job to get tattoos to remember it oughta have at least more to say other than generic, vague shit any newfag would come up with

white trash bogan cunt with degenerate tattoos detected

That was an entertaining read

Dont put bumper stickers on a Ferrari. That's my motto even tho I'm no Ferrari

>gay nautical tattoo trend

Is this an actual thing?

You have to be fishing for (You)s

>STILL cant give his ship's name
>STILL stalling as he frantically searches google for one

>Millions of people have tattoos worldwide
More people worldwide proportionally don't have tattoos

>They have been a common practice for thousands of years
No, they have been uncommon practice. Even in tribal societies where it was frequent, there was no consistency across history. Sometimes it was for war, sometimes it was for manhood, sometimes it was for mating, etc. The reasons always change.

Tattoos are degenerate because they associated with deviant culture. Gangs are deviant, Pirates are deviant, Thugs are deviant, Soldiers who want to remain thugs are deviant, Addicts are deviant, Hipsters, Numales, LGBTQ are all deviant. And tattoos are frequent with them.

Tattoos are for those who are narcissistic, attention whoring, have superficial morals, and like to avoid blame at all costs.

For actual sailors, yes

Yeah, fags like this LARPcuck all think its cool to go out and get anchor tattoos and nautical stars but have never been on the water at all

Tattoos are frowned upon in Judaism. They symbolize ‘impurity’ of the body. Any (((person))) with a tattoo is going aganst their religious beliefs. Catholicism and Islam have no qualms with tattoos.

I personally have a tattoo on my arm. It’s military related.

I see.

Do you need to lie down?

>STILL can't give his company's name and address