Company I work for just posted record revenue and profits

>Company I work for just posted record revenue and profits
>They recently announced they're going to lay off thousands of us
what the fuck, how is this allowed? I usually disagree with leftist politics but this is unfair.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaw_Communications
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Voluntary

Nothing to see here.

>unfair
tough shit, find another job

>reject offer
>get laid off a few weeks later anyway

I'm young and inexperienced.
In all honesty I sort of lucked into my current job. If I leave I don't know if I can find another one

Agreed Canada bro. We'll get through this. Keep going strong.

Now you grow cynical, bitter and alienated.

>wannabe euro doesn't believe in consent and thinks the world owes him a comfortable life
typical

I guess that net neutrality worked out for you leafs.

Possible reasons..

Preparing for sale

Preparing for massive roll-out of new product or R&D that requires a lot of capital

Making the company more lean to make company appealing for takeover

"Cutting fat" or making the company more efficient

They might "know" of something coming down the pipe that may cause mass disruption and are preparing for it

Said company is pushing along with other big canadian telecoms to revoke net neutrality laws here as well, and the reason they can get away with it is there are only 2 major providers per coast. This means massively inflated prices for incredibly poor service and little to no upkeep, and no governmental body stopping them from gouging the consumer, chokeholding bandwidth and generally fucking us in the ass. Between 2pm and 11pm, my internet is cut down to less than 1/10th of the advertised speed due to "Peak hours" and them claiming that they can't run that much bandwidth through their lines, despite all tests proving otherwise.
Stop talking out your faggot ass and do your research you dumb fuck.

What part of capitalism are you confused about?
Companies are only successful because they are ruthlessly efficient. Just because a company becomes profitable doesn't in any way mean the company will all of a sudden become suicidal and decide to keep employees around that they would be more profitable without.
If the company does decide to do that they will be inevitably out-competed by another company which doesn't choose to engage in unprofitable activities undercutting them on price.
What part of that is hard for you to understand?

A lot of my co-workers think they're going to sell to Comcast

will comcast follow canadian or us laws?

Serves you right for working for a communications cornpany.

Now go get a real job and be productive.

time to get another job fuccboi

Megacorps ran by steins and burgs don't have to follow laws, silly goy

They would be subject to the CRTC

Q predicted this. Why didn't you listen?

Are you stupid? Do you think you are owed a job?

We got fucked here at walmart. All male comanagers let go and and raises this year. If this wasn't the only game in town, I would already be out the door.

Profits will be higher not paying a fucking leaf who can't provide more details than that.

>I usually disagree with leftist politics but this affects me.
Y
Typical conservitard about-face.

>All those nigs
Don't relax

what details do you want?

No one owes you a job. If things change for the company, things change for you. Welcome to the human race.

Grow up and find another job. Or you could live off Canadian welfare.

Dude if that’s the only game in town time for you to get the fuck out before you become part of the cycle

Like I said I'm young and inexperienced.
I have 10 months of work experience on my resume

Should have told me that before I signed a lease for an apartment

>not growing weed (to sell) and being a mechanic
>not living rent-free with Grandma (but treating her and giving her $400 a month)
>not earning $91k a year
>not doing this for 11 years
>not also living with brother and cousin (who are both doing this too [saving like kikes])
>not living a semi-retired life at age 32
God Bless America and bless your heart Leaf

Q predicted this

how is walmart the only game in town for you?

Just curious, is this company SoFi?

No other place will match my current $14/hr wage. I apply to four or five places a year, damn well knowing I'm unqualified to do so since I don't have a high school diploma or skills. It's not like I couldnt go back to Burger King, though I already worked there for seven years and the return to minimum wage would'nt be ideal.

No it's shaw cable
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaw_Communications

Bro, learn a trade that is 'in demand'. I'm in my second year in OTR trucking. I've talked to everybody. The "full automation" shit is a meme;
>issue #1: legal
>issue #2: security
>issue #3: safety
>issue #4:emergency/immediate maintenance
>issue #5: hacking/damage/communication failure
I get $47k a year (so far) for 3 weeks a month, 10 months a year. Just FYI.

I'm a network admin. It's a skill that's in demand.
The problem is companies would rather hire experienced admins instead of recent graduates.

>no ha diploma
How the fuck does that even happen? Are you black?

>Canadian
>not working some easy part-time job while growing weed to sell to dab oil/edible makers, potentially earning at least $60k a year, for 20 hours of work a week
Bruh

My parents went full blown retard which caused all of us to be homeless for the majority of my "best years". This happened months before I was supposed to graduate and none of my perceived friends couldn't help me out for that short of time. It doesn't matter any more as I'm too old to start from the bottom and already failed the GED twice in the past, and that was before the increased difficulty rework that took place sometime this decade.

The media slobbered over Cuck Boy --Current Year --Trudeau last election.

Trudeau is probably going to return the favour by loosing foreign ownership rules of Canadian Media like Shaw.

Shaw is making itself attractive to a foreign buyer from China.

Enjoy your Liberal ass fucking

>t.no cocksuckah, mawthafawka
Damn Leaf, that fire burns more ferocious Satan's lit farts.

>China
Nah I'm 99% sure it's Comcast
Shaw and Comcast already have a very close relationship with each other

I wanna go back to school. What trade you recommend user?
Im pre lazy so nothing crazy...

>Retarded American doesn't believe in ethical business practices and thinks the tyranny of corporations is any different from the tyranny of the state.
Typical.

This faggot posts the same whiny shit every fucking time, he doesn't get a GED because he's a lazy fucking nigger. He just complains about working at Walmart, and being to dumb or lazy to get his GED. FUCKING GET IT YOU RUNT, I KNOW YOU HAVE IT IN YOU!

If you're worth something to the company you'll keep your job. What's the problem?

>how is this allowed?
it's their business. they can freely decide over their property.
not happy with that? start your own business where you keep all the low-performing parasites on payroll.

well, sucks to be you. believing in all that government propaganda you've been fed while visiting public schools. maybe you wake up now and become an individual instead of a mindless drone?

so you're black

Look at all of these beta bootlickers, the absolute state of Sup Forums. Their highest aspiration to be a little cow on the farm that hopes to "retire" someday and "work hard". None of you know the meaning of work or life. I suppose at the least you can be entertainment, like watching the mice in their tube-world in the laboratory. Now please, keep entertaining me and whatever you do, don't stop little cows.

Nope. Maybe it would be easier to facilitate getting gibs, near free university educatin and that sweet sweet government program known as affirmative action if I was a fucking nigger.

I just assumed that since SHAW is in the west it would be China wanting to use the Media to crush any BC politician opposing the pipeline.

Out here in the East I watched the CBC / Toronto Red Star put Trudeau and Wynne in office -- then ignore all their scandals .

I'm not him, but I recommend dispatch.
>minimum pay is about $37k a year (average pay is $45k starting)
>this occupation is needed for everything; from transportation companies to emergency 911
Just make sure to move every 15 minutes (for 2 minutes) to mitigate physical problems caused by sedentary occupation.

>calling us cows
>not faggots
user, I...
>ID: aIDZUrFk
>aIDZ
Kek.

Right away, network with the coworkers and especially management with whom you got along the best. Get letters of recommendation and contact info NOW, before people start moving on. This will help you greatly in finding another job. Do it immediately.

Don't worry OP, it will trickle down eventually. TRUMP 2020!!

Big senpai is one of the smartest things you can do. Build a fucking empire, user.

God yes -- so many times I have seen this very scenario--

University / school gets government grant for "Nig Nogs / women / natives / immigrants in Technologies !!

The Nogs / women /immigrants learn jack shit but pass anyway because how can you show success of your program but by graduating many Nogs/ women / immigrants from your program. !!

They all go to the government and get jobs ---to make up diversity quotas !!

people find out that they are unskilled but they can't be fired because they have a strong public service union and they will sue because of discrimination !!

These human wastes of skin just have to show up every day and they will get promoted and can retire with a great pension because of Diversity !!

I'm in Arkansas and a fan of weed. I get jealous of Califags (or other states where it's pretty easy to grow and sell a few dozen plants worth a year).
>tfw moved out at 19 so I can be (((independent))) and accumulated $20k+ in debt, which literally would've not existed had I just stay with my parents for 5 more years and might've saved 3x that amount
Kms.

You're in limbo. Land on your feet leafbro.

>be autistic enough to post on Sup Forums
>expecting me to network

>not offering someone a job is tyranny
???

DO IT NEET!

He doesn't know you can be a shareholder and own stocks to earn dividends. Forgive him.
>X
>R.I.P. Hide

I'm kinda surprised that Canadians haven't risen up and slit the throat of the leadership of Shaw with a ice skate blade. Those bastards fuck you over even worse then the American companies.

Maybe they're purging all the useless HR cunts? Every corporation should.
Productivity will go through the roof and time-wasting will blast through the floor.

Here's the big nasty secret of the workplace. Guys like working.
They love having something to do and goals to achieve.
But they want to be left alone to just gtfon with it.

Women don't like work, they do everything possible to delay,
or "build up" to it. Take endless breaks, gossip, start drama,
have endless bullshit meetings to make decisions they then
don't abide by. But police others for breaking.

And if they see someone being productive they have an almost
pathological desire to interfere and run them into a wall.

Exceptions apply. And those exceptional women will agree with me 100 percent.
Imagine being able to do your jobs, ladies. Without all the useless cunts around.

That’s the difference between POL and the Yank sheeple.
These scumbags are globalists, and move their profit from one country to a next. Stealing what was built by a country’s workers, playing us off against some other slobs in China, or finally erasing us with computers.

The true redpill is knowing the profit motive without responsibility to your country, your people is the highest form of judaism.

>Maybe they're purging all the useless HR cunts?
Nope, they're mainly going after technical operations teams

gib milkies