When did you realize that Anthy is the best character of Utena?

When did you realize that Anthy is the best character of Utena?

The second that purple haired, dark skinned goddess appeared on screen.

Never, because the best character is Nanami.

Never.

I always knew.

Does anyone know when will this get released?

Honestly I love her more every time I rewatch it.
One of my favorite characters of all time.

Indians are bro tier

This anime was trash

Why?

Never, but I love her legs.

First time I watched it.

Juri

Utena.
And Nanami.

Shiori is best, not Anthy.
Shiori.

Juri pls go
and be my wife

Her prince is better.

In the last few episodes

Nanami bless

is the waifu of the best character, you mean.

princess*

I don't understand how Nanami is so popular.

She's just as selfish and cruel as characters like Shiori and Kozue, and she brought the majority of her suffering on herself.

I spent the entire series laughing at her expense, honestly.

At least she's honest about it.

>and she brought the majority of her suffering on herself.
>I spent the entire series laughing at her expense, honestly.
That's what makes her so endearing. She's like Wile E Coyote.

What am I even looking at?

>Revolutionary Girl Utena Barbara Waisei-ko Mokushiroku: Arsenothelus Zettai Fukkatsu Hikari to Orpheus Zettai Meifu Yami compilation CD. The album collects all of composer J.A. Caesar's equally symbolic dueling tracks from the anime series.
>The album collects all 14 tracks, including the full version of "Absolute Destiny: Apocalypse (Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku)," for the first time and is slated for release on June 21. Customers that order the CD from Disk Union will get a bonus three-track CD. The bonus CD includes the track "Hishō no Mai = Wata wa Totomi Mugen Manjin" a choral song that was not used and has not previously been released to the public.

>The bonus CD includes the track "Hishō no Mai = Wata wa Totomi Mugen Manjin" a choral song that was not used and has not previously been released to the public.
Oh shit

its her story. every other character is a reflection of her, up to and including her brother and down to and including wakaba.

>every other character is a reflection of her
Explain further.

Probably episode 34, once her past is revealed.

I wouldn't say that.

It would be more accurate to say that Anthy is a living plot device that gives the other characters an excuse to reflect upon themselves and grow as people.

The thing that makes Utena unique is that she was the only one who tried to get Anthy to do the same.

>Kozue
>selfish
>cruel
Purityfags are delusional.

>I want my brother all to myself, so I'm going to act like a slut to make him jealous and emotionally abuse him

I'm not even a purityfag, and even I can tell that Kozue is a shitty person.

>loving her brother
>bad

>Revolutionary Girl Utena Barbara Waisei-ko Mokushiroku: Arsenothelus Zettai Fukkatsu Hikari to Orpheus Zettai Meifu Yami
Jesus fucking Christ

Never. Because she is a weak little bitch who fucks her brother and is okay with letting everyone else in school get in her pussy without sticking up for herself. Dumb slut.
Utena is best girl. Needs to dump the tramp and find a better girl.
Juri is second best girl.
Kozue is a dumb cunt who deserves to be burned at the stake. Shi-whore-i too.

this.
Kozue did NOTHING wrong.

She's not though. Juri a best girl.

What was his endgame?

Being Ikuhara's self-insert.

I want to protect her forever.

>juri defenseless.jpg
fuck off, Shiori

Ikuhara's self-insert was Utena.

Ikuhara's self-insert was Ruka.

RIP.

I didn't understand half the stuff of what was going on, I guess watching it a second time would help, but is there a decent explanation of the whole series somewhere?
I'm dense to the point of not understanding until much later what happened in that episode when Utena and Akio have sex, so it would be a big help.

Ikuhara's self insert was the spinning roses

>what happened in that episode when Utena and Akio have sex
It was a recap episode, with a lot of plot development.

To be honest, the first couple of times I've watched the series she really creeped that fuck out of me.

I want to watch her gradually learn to love cocks and end up as a high-class courtesan

I meant I didn't realize they had sex back when I watched it at first, and only figured it was like that after reading something about it on Sup Forums.

The whole series is basically one big allegory for Plato's Cave.

What? What the heck did you think they were doing?

Because she learns from it and matures later on. She's fun to watch.

This. Nanami is some great character development in this series. Reminded me of Otowa from Ace wo Nerae.

The biggest thing that happens in that episode is that Utena lose the one thing her prince asked her to keep: her nobility.
By having sex with a Akio despite him already having a wife(Did they merry or were they engaged?)

Ironically Akio was sort of the prince that asked her to stay nobel.

I don't know, it's obvious in hindsight, but I didn't put the pieces together when I watching it.

This is what I mean when I say I didn't get half of what was happening.
Fucking hell.

The part where she appears with the candle while Akio's putting the moves on Utena in his car is spooky as fuck

Yeah Anthy is sort of the object of everyones desire. Or at least represent the one thing everyone need to be able to "break the world's shell"

I actually found it really interesting how Utena constantly pushed Anthy to do stuff that Utena thought were important regardless if Anthy cared for them
>you need friends
>I got chu chu
Etc.
It was only in the really end that utena relised that.
At least that what I felt happend lol.

Yeah, I really loved how they used the candels to show Utena resolve falling apart.
The show has some really brillient metaphores/ symboles

He has the exact same colors as Akio's and has the same tie. The difference is that he is fucking adoreable while Akio is satan(and that one is a human? And one is a monkey? Lol).
So my guess is that he is basically Akio's innocence. It sort of fit in my mind considering he is with Anthy almost allways.
The only times I remember him not being around Anthy is when she went to see Akio at night.

Dios is Akio's innocence retard.

Game theroy: Chu Chu is Dios???

Dios is was Akio + Chu Chu.
He is a dead shell from the past.

I find it interesting that Akio's name roughly translates to Lucifer and that Anthy's is a reference to a Greek goddess. I've always wondered if the series was implying that Akio and Anthy were gods, or if it's just an allusion.

POO

Noice

I got the impression that they were meant to be deities too

They're already magical, and immortal or undead. They together remind me greatly of Osiris & Isis, but Dios's position as definitely dead and buried but potent around the region of his tomb reminds me of Greek hero-cults- and δῖος (something like 'godlike', 'shining', 'noble', 'princely') is a title of the two most prominent heroes, Achilleus and Odysseus.
Chu Chu is Diomedes.

Pretty much this. You aren't really supposed to sympathize with Anthy that much.

Do want

kozue and miki mirror nanami and touga mirror anthy and akio, right? it's the same relationship of sister and brother at different stages/ages: miki may be an idiot, but he means well, and so does kozue. nanami and touga have grown up and apart a little; they're no longer 'twins' and the power balance is unequal. anthy and akio are the final fucked up stage.

Look at saionji. saionji is budget touga, and touga is budget akio. they're all revealed as pathetic and then given sympathy (kind of), though it doesnt excuse the shit they pull. The closest ones to utena are juri also closeted, to the point where she thinks escaping would be a "miracle" and akio, a prince who once may have had true nobility but let gender roles drag him off track.

you can even treat the duels as allegory (allegorier) ((allegoriest)). anthys mind (the duels happen as she wills them to) trying to decide if she can Revolutionize the World (escape the cycle of abuse which she herself takes part in) and with this reading utena is the part of her that pulls her out. kind of a stretch i'd reduce it to the argument over anthy herself between akio and utena (who get plenty of their own parallels) for a stronger case

some-triangles on tumblr and vraikaiser on wordpress have done episode by episode writeups.

Juri is meant to be the opposite of Utena.

Unlike Utena, Juri is jaded and no longer believes in idealism or miracles. The only reason she hasn't graduated is because she never forgave Shiori or Ruka.

I don't think you are right.
The shadow girls scene showed a girl saying that she hate the zoo because she really wanted to go but got sick.

I think Juri desperately wish for miracle but says they don't exist because she is afraid it wouldn't happen.

They are certainly not Human.
Though I thought they were concepts rather then gods. (actually one dosn't really contradict the other. So maybe they are both)

i don't think she's 'opposite' exactly. more like an older utena who got ground down by the thousand swords.

Also, Juri's fight with utena (first round) showed that she basically ruined herself. If she didn't mess around in the fight and immediately finished Utena off she would have gain Anthy (the power of miracels)

It's equivalent to her life: If she had done something about her feelings rather then 'believing in miracels and your whatever will be known' she would have been in a different spot. (Shiori might have still fucked her up because of her jealousy/ insecureity)

Why did Be-Papas feel as though the movie needed to be made?

I'm not complaining or anything, but the movie didn't really add anything.

TOKI NI
that aside, it shows another side of akio and anthy. akio is a pathetic guy who lost his keys (and got poisoned) and anthy gets to ride utena to freedom and then ride utena.

For art purposes.

ZETTAI

UNMEI

MOKUSHIROKU

ZETTAI

These gonna be the re-recorded show versions or original vintage recordings?

Anthy was easily the worst girl.

!!! fuck yah,

Juri > Anthy > Nanami > Utena > the rest > literal dog shit > Shiori.

Utena was pretty good until she fell for Akio.

t.Morinaga Milk

>Revolutionary Girl Utena Barbara Waisei-ko Mokushiroku: Arsenothelus Zettai Fukkatsu Hikari to Orpheus Zettai Meifu Yami
Imagine going to a store and having to ask for that