Why do atheists present an argument that Christians need to prove God exists...

Why do atheists present an argument that Christians need to prove God exists? Besides the fact that atheists inherently know God exists, but are actively suppressing the truth to themselves, Christians aren’t called to prove God they’re simply called to inform unbelievers that if they believe in the resurrection they have eternal life. If you don’t believe in the resurrection that’s fine it simply means you havn’t been saved.

Other urls found in this thread:

plus.maths.org/content/omega-and-why-maths-has-no-toes
youtu.be/peqHB0_ZslQ
youtu.be/tU-c06Zsq1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do you deny ether theory?

This is a slide thread senpai. Don't forget to sage

to a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Your rabbi isn't god. He's a demon.

What are you talking about?

If a demon casts out demons Satan is divided against himself.

luminiferous aether, the "stuff" that simply has to exist because """there can't be nothing!!!"""

Don’t know anything about it I have to say, but why would I necessarily deny it?

God is not Jesus. Jesus is a myth. God is not God of any of the religions. This is a fact.

>Don’t know anything about it I have to say

my work here is done :)

God is the divine principle that governs the universe. Jesus is the embodiment of the divine principle, he is a historical person who existed.

>Introduce concept magic skydaddy with magic miracle powers

>WHY DO I HAVE TO PROOVE THIS THING

Of course we have to have a reason for believing beyond "much bible"
If you're believing something without the capacity to reason why and how then you're worse off than the fish in the tank.

>Besides the fact that atheists inherently know God exists
Prove that I know god exists.

It doesn't make sense since most people accept that god is a logical paradox and is just as equally provable to exist as he is to not exist

here is a huge difference between there is a god and there is a god that is christian. and the christian god is very evidently not existed. the bible, the church, the history of Christianity are all full of nonsense and self contradiction.

Prove that God exists.

If God is just the "ultimate principle" of your worldview why not call it such. Why bother labeling it God with all the useless baggage.

They get tax breaks, fuck em. Make them explain how their sky daddy is the real one out of thousands and thus need to follow their crazy ass rules like no jerking it or don't eat shellfish.

Deist btw.

There is no God.
t. Satan

Most scientists don't know this as well as engineers which is why engineers are the most redpilled of STEM, but when you have a set of axioms and one of them is open ended, you can exploit this as an engineer and choose the answer that you desire and then the rules unfold the solution as they must be executed for you. So if you choose to not believe in a god, you're pretty much shooting yourself in the foot. There really is such a thing as freewill, but the reality is this freewill is constrained and doesn't mean you can just start floating off the ground when you decide you have the ability to fly.

i do believe there is an ultimate infinite being you can call it GOD exists. But I also believe any human who claims to be the being's prophet or communitcated with that being was either lying or hallucinating.

Irreducible complexity is a good reason to believe, but the simple answer is I believe because I was chosen to believe.

You killed your own argument, congratulations.

>Irreducible complexity is a good reason

no it isn't. l2protein folding

plus.maths.org/content/omega-and-why-maths-has-no-toes

Free will is a pagan concept. The divine principle (God) governs the universe.

Not op or defending his position, but knowing something and believing something are different concepts. I.e. A trans "woman" believes he's a woman but knows hes a man deep down

Get that pseudo christian horse shit out of here you slit eyed gook

>Gregory Chaitin

Don't play me like a fool.

I wouldn't know since I've never really studied any pagen religions besides taking mythology classes, but those always made it seem like humans just get dicked around by the gods and don't really have free will. Like when Hera made Hercules kill his family.

God is the name given for what is the divine principle that governs the universe it provides a simple term. There is no baggage except what you may have incorrectly brought.

That's some mighty projection you got there Steve. Did God also smile upon you when that stingray btfo your heart?

>Why do atheists present an argument that Christians need to prove God exists?
because that's how logic works. the burden of proof is on the one making the positive assertion.
but it's not a matter of logic to you, but of faith. that's where the disconnect is.

It has nothing to do with positive or negative assertion, you stupid faggot

how doesn't it?
>God exists
is a positive assertion. you're suggesting something exists.

stop using a computer because it was made by an atheist

logic 101: you can only prove a positive statement, not a negative. it is literally impossible to prove he absence of something, merely prove something contradictory. therefore, the burden of proof lies on the believer.

what you said was retarded and I'm not even an atheist

You cannot prove he doesn't exist either. That's why its a paradox.

>Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent

>Why do atheists present an argument that Christians need to prove God exists?

Because they believe that absolves them from having to prove ANY of their beliefs, of which there are many.

It's an excuse for them to never actually consider their views. That's why atheism is the world's dumbest religion. Every other religion in the world, no matter how ridiculous,at least requires the adherent to contemplate their faith.

it's not a paradox, you just can't prove a negative you mental midget. logic doesn't support it, only faith. google burden of proof. this is the answer to OP's question of "Why do atheists present an argument that Christians need to prove God exists?"

Burden of proof - the obligation to prove one's assertion.
It doesn't say anything about positive or negative assertion.
You can't just bitch out of an argument because "muh burden of proof" when it doesn't even apply here. Get some critical thinking skills instead.

burden of proof has no bearing on an obvious paradox

It’s not a burden of proof because just as the sky is blue, it’s no one’s burden to prove it, you can choose to believe it’s red if you like, in other words we don’t come into this world with burdens to prove anything to one another.

Why do religious people act like they have all the answers, and talk down on level headed people who are willing to set their ego aside and admit that we don't have all the answers?

HURRRRR DURRRRRRRRRRRRR

mentally ill retard please go away

as a colorblind person I am told the sky is blue, but it is belief that causes me to speak the words.

you are told of God, and it is your believe to speak the word. but you have never seen Him. that's why it's called faith.

Jesus doesn't cast out demons, though, I know of several cases where the person is demonized and jesus was no good against it.

this is why I don't talk to you fucking people. there's no point. faith and logic are like oil and water.

Typically, religious people say God has all the answers, not them. Just saying.

do you even know what a paradox is? seriously, get a book on logic, take a course. you are demonstrating a fundamental ignorance now.

atheism is the intellectuals choice but only if they can keep traditional christian values without christianity itself but for the normalfags, which in all cases, even a white fashy ethnostate will still have the same intellectual power they need religion to keep them from doing things society will regret later on

If you believe he exists why can't you prove and explain why you think he exists to a non believer? Why are you believing something without proof? Are you really that scared?

the problem is they're people who think they're smarter than everyone else but base the conception of god on the simplified notion presented in the media of a floating invisible man in the sky rather than the great and all mighty undeniable power and law that's much more complex than the media god and then with that they use simplified arguments against god and the good. By assuming god is just some floating man in the sky they reduce it all to an absurdity and then make equally absurd arguments against it all. If you want to show people where god really is you have to show them the great and undeniable facts of the universe, that's the only way.

Atheism is not agnosticism, it makes a clear statement that there is no God, despite the fact that it's existence was a given assumption in philosophy, politics as well as practical daily life for ages upon ages upon ages. Even if religion did not provide physical proof of the existence of a higher power, it absolutely did proof itself as a social utility. The burden of proof is on atheism, seeing how they zealotly preach with the intention of changing social order.

Why do theists always argue like liberals when this topic comes up

believing in kike on the pike
KYS SHLOMO

you kikels push atheism because it makes the normalfags deviant so stfu

I wouldn’t use evil to describe anyone, but breakers of the moral order. I believe I have the freedom to use anything I possess.

youtu.be/peqHB0_ZslQ

Wrong, I can prove that magical flying homosexual bears with vaginas for noses don't exist because there is no evidence or proof of them, much like "god".

Faith is based in logic. Christianity is historically accurate and fulfills prophesies. How is it illogical to follow a promise come true? Really, physically, historically true?

>pretend fetus aren't life to pass abortion against religious people's wishes
>pretend races aren't real to pass anti segegration and promote nigger mixing against religious people's wishes
>pretend climate is changing to pass environmental regulations against religious people's wishes
>pretend the big bang and evolution is a shut and close deal so you can eliminate faith from the youth against religious people's wishes

youtu.be/tU-c06Zsq1Y

which prophesies were fullfilled?

If he was "scared" he wouldn't be making posts on Sup Forums.

I'm not the one who is unwilling to debate God just because of some stupid false philosophy.

You’re not colourblind.

What makes you so sure that your religion is right? If there is a god, you know nothing about "him". You know just as much about this said god than a Muslim or a Jewish person, the fabrications. You know just as much about an afterlife as other religions as well. Who knows, there could be an afterlife without a god, or a god without and afterlife.

The Christian religion is one of the few that has been proven to be compatible with western civilization, and I'd much rather live in a Christian society than a Muslim or anti-religious one (because we're currently seeing how radical the left is becoming as we are drifting away from some religious values), so I love the Christian religion, but it's simply man made. Created by people with high morals who imprinted their own beliefs without a real basis. If we're going to live in a society with idiots, having them led by christianity, as of now, to me, seems to be the best bet for the preservation of America.

>Christians aren’t called to prove God they’re simply called to inform unbelievers that if they believe in the resurrection they have eternal life.
He's pretty much saying he can't prove god exists and doesn't even know if god exists because he hasn't seen evidence but he's want to believe so he can have eternal life.

>that is why it’s called faith

Yep. :)

i'm an atheist and i identify as a cultural Christian

i go to bible study and plan on sending my kids to christian private schooling

His family line, time, and place he would be born were predicted, and many of the gospels hint toward past scriptures that further emphasize how Jesus' existence fulfills prophecy.

Jokes on you CIA Nigger I'm using TempleOS

A colorblind person's neurons are still forming a pattern of this concept, just a more extreme morphing of it compared to the average interpretation. There is still something logical conjured in this belief structure. His belief in the color of the sky being blue could lead him to many logical predictions without ever seeing what blue looks like such as wearing clothes that match etc. You're showing your shortsightedness.

kek Sup Forums is leaking

install gentoo

I've gotta respect you. Honestly at least you understand the importance of Christianity in the western world.

was any prophecy after jesus fullfilled?

No. Including the prophecy of Jesus coming back with heaven and hell before all his apostles died.

no, you actually cant. you can merely present contradictory evidence. lack of evidence can easily be attributed to ignorance which means .... someone needs a positive assertion or proof.

logic 101

Every day, to hundreds of millions of people around the world, my friend.

list a few

There’s no way to prove God does or doesn’t exist.

I believe the creations appears for all intents designed and I believe the authors of the bible accurately described the miracles they witnessed and that they recorded prophecy’s and then recorded the fulfilment of them.

But no I can’t prove it, I believe on faith and havn’t made any claims I can prove these things.

It is possible that a maximally great being exits.
If a maximally great being exists, then it exists in some possible world.
If a maximally great being exists in some possible world, then it exists in every possible world
If a maximally great being exists in every possible world, then it exists in the actual world
If a maximally great being exists in the actual world, then a maximally great being exists
Therefore, a maximally great being exists
Muh ontological argument

You can't prove something doesn't exist just because there's no evidence for it. That's not even how science works. You can prove there is a likelihood or not and other things and you can never jump to final conclusions when you feel you have enough evidence. You can only pinpoint and examine based on facts you acquire and logic applied to those facts to draw conclusions. There's reasonable theories you can come up with for why there are no flying homosexual bears with vagina noses based on biological processes and evolution models. No science experiment will disprove a god because he is beyond our language.

Fucking retard 101

>maximally great being
pic related

:D I also have akinetopsia

but I don't have a religion

Well as part of my witness I will sometimes out some arguments forward for the existence of God. People tell me "there's no proof". So I try and give them a reasonable argument for why there could be a God like Aquinas' prime mover and the teleological arguement.
You're right though it's our job to bring the good news but I think you'd reach more people by engaging with their questions. Maybe I'm wrong.

Ok christbros please give me all the evidence of god existing that you have so I can make my conclusion, trust me I want to believe, so convert me

I'm an atheist, but I agree. Theological discourse becomes way more interesting when you put the burdens of proof on the denier.

Christians.. like a fish.. who can't read a textbook or think critically. I know it's bate no modern semi intelligent human could be religious.

Jesus made out of one fish many, which basically prives he was the master baiter

It's subjective experience that you will gather the evidence from most. That's why all you atheists are disgusting homo soyboy bugmen.

Do Aliens Exist?? Is there God??

The only right answer 'I dont know'

He wasn't referring to the generation of the apostles but the generation that is alive during the signs he described.
I think all the prophecies that are still unfulfilled are about the end times.

this.

God always uses the most unlikely person to get shit done. He has chosen the Orange Prophet to save mankind.

This, unfortunately. If only there was a way to save the west without the middle eastern bronze age shepherd's death cult slightly modified by western moral philosophers. As always, one chooses the lesser evil. Life is suffering.

God/Allah I hate you so fucking much
knowing that my conscious can't even penetrate .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% of the universe makes me believe he/she is not there.