What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Nothing went right to start with.

Goblin Slayer is not a tank. He has no business taking point for a bunch of casters.

it uses rape as a selling point and has harem elements. I'm not 14 anymore.

GS is a mary sue

are you 15 now?

It abandoned the sad rape for harem antics.

>mfw elf, dorg and lizard make it out of there alive

Needs more rape. And goblin slaying.

>hipster template thread
Fuck off.

Nothing went wrong, it's good.

>>mfw teleport scroll to the bottom of the sea

literally a picture of spot the MC.

Too many clones from other series.
I just can't take not-Lancer, not-Guts and not-Sorceress seriously. Elf is okay though probably because all Japanese elf look similar anyway.

not enough lewd

Needs more rape and gob supremacy.

You forgot not-Amazon

The lack of rape.

Nothing, it's great.

I just now realized that wrench in the right thigh area isn't a fucking wrench stuffed down the side of his thigh armor.

It's a fucking piercing Jesus Christ I thought that wrench was supposed to be a subtle hint that the chaos corrupted still had some human in them

>mfwnf

It was edgy rape garbage.

/tg/ had a few criticisms

"The main draw appears to be seeing the MC being super good at killing goblins, but this is undermined by how the author handles him and the setting around him. He's supposed to be super competent, but all his tricks and strategies are either just common sense or mechanics that are brought up by the author on the spot. The 'bottom of the sea' bomb for example is not only something that most PnP people have done or thought of before anyway, it's also an example of magic just appearing to solve a problem without context. Prior to it showing up, we have no idea that kind of magic exists. So instead of it being an example of the MC gaming the mechanics of his world to win, it's an example of mechanics being introduced out of nowhere for him to win with.

The other major sin is that the setting and characters are grossly inconsistent. It's portrayed as a standard JRPG setting 90% of the time, and only switches to a dark gritty setting following dark gritty rules when it's time to wank off how great the MC is. If this is the kind of setting where you can't get away with not wearing a helmet, then why the fuck is Goblin Slayer the only person with the sense to do this? If this is a setting where goblins are a major threat so effective at what they do that the average nest has a full stable of rapemares stolen from nearby towns, why are they treated as a minor menace that everyone looks down on? The answer is this: everything in the setting is designed to highlight how special and smart Goblin Slayer is. Instead of him being super competent, everyone is is incompetent. It's a textbook example of a narrative warping nonsensically around a character because ultimately the story is about masturbating over that character.

This, by the way, is the most damning and consistent sign of a legit Mary Sue being present in a story."

Anyone who Apes Kamitani designs cannot be wrong

I just realized, is this Slaanesh poster from /tg/?

No idea

Bullying gobs.

>Tall muscley woman being lovey dovey with somebody

Every time I see this I must also beat my dick like it owes me money. There is always room for strong woman.

>tank
stop

/tg/ is shit. Who cares. They even hate Overlord.

Not enough goblin genocide.

Gobs are still alive

A long catastrophic series of critfails coupled with a DM with no sense of tact.

>777 without trying
>Gobs are still alive
GS please go.

Not until they all die

That elf is super cute, nothing bad happens to her right?

Almost got raped.

/tg/ can kindly go fuck themselves.

But they're faggots who don't know about how the entire world is literally an rpg for the gods. Which if you take that into account...

Which just makes it a worse Rance.

>He's supposed to be super competent, but all his tricks and strategies are either just common sense or mechanics that are brought up by the author on the spot. The 'bottom of the sea' bomb for example is not only something that most PnP people have done or thought of before anyway, it's also an example of magic just appearing to solve a problem without context.

Portal magic was introduced before the scroll was used, so it's not introduced "without context". And did /tg/ name a smarter, more original idea?

>If this is the kind of setting where you can't get away with not wearing a helmet, then why the fuck is Goblin Slayer the only person with the sense to do this?

Nowhere is it stated that wearing a helmet is essential and all the heroes seem to do pretty well without one. It seems more like GS is just being overly cautious by wearing one.

>If this is a setting where goblins are a major threat so effective at what they do that the average nest has a full stable of rapemares stolen from nearby towns, why are they treated as a minor menace that everyone looks down on?

For the same reason that bandits are looked down upon - they are weak and would get slaughtered by anyone with skill, as they have shown to be. Their ability to kidnap ordinary women doesn't make them a threat to adventurers. Ordinary villagers who know about goblins are scared of them.

>What went wrong

Only one person in that picture is properly equipped.

You mean
>it not properly equipped
Priestess doesn't have a backpack. That slut will sleep on the ground.

there are no footprints

He is probably just lashing out now his god has been purged from both warhammer universes.

I don't remember anyone on /tg/ being so obnoxious about slaanesh by posting this exact pic over and over.

She has a bag hanging from her shoulder, and she could always snuggle in my bed, if you know what I mean.

Whoa what the fuck happened to Slaanesh?

>Prior to it showing up, we have no idea that kind of magic exists.
Stop speedreading.
The wizardess mentioned GS bought a scroll from her literally just few chapters ago.

>literally an rpg for the gods.
* a tabletop game for the gods.
In this afterword the author also says he is into DnD.

The entire LN pander to /tg/ but they hate it for some reason.

Not enough graphic detail going into the goblin rape.

And the magic of that scroll could have been anything.

Pretty sure GS didn't buy it from her, he obtained it somewhere else and asked her to set its location.

No, that chapter also showed the witch setting the target of the portal scroll.

What chapter? In chapter five she only says that he needed some help with a scroll.

Lack of writing skill from the author part compounded by the proliferation of fantasy/isekai novels who appeal to the same tropes and yet try to differentiate themselves only by the premise, so that when the novelty of the premise wears off you're left with the same trite shit you've seen thousands of times before

>ultimately the story is about masturbating over that character
Welcome to Japanese fantasy.

Just checked again. My bad, you're right. It's only revealed to be a gate scroll right when he uses it.

Although this was somewhat foreshadowed when he asked the witch to help him with the scroll earlier, I guess that wasn't enough. I can understand people complaining that the scroll is an example of magic appearing to solve a problem without context. It wasn't foreshadowed enough.

I guess this is a problem when you don't want to give away too much about what's going to happen but also don't want to make it seem like you just pulled a solution out of your ass. To be fair, the magic scroll was hinted at multiple times in the past few chapters to be "extremely rare ancient magic" so it would have been reasonable assume it would be a powerful weapon of last resort of some kind.

Goblins are too weak. They don't make for an appealing antagonist.

Gone from fantasy after the universe reset and now the Eldar have kinda summoned their final god Slaanesh is soon to be fucked.

Priestess didn't get gobbed, that's what.

Probably a crossboarding lurker who doesn't post much. It happens.

in Chapter 6 of the novel:
"„Unwilling to take no for an answer, the elf glanced at the scroll out of the corner of her eye. “Isn’t that a magic scroll?” she asked. “I’ve never seen one before.”
At her words, not just Priestess but the dwarf and the lizardman leaned in for a look.
A magic scroll. An item sometimes found in ancient ruins, albeit very rarely. Unroll it, and even an infant could cast the spell written there. The knowledge of how to make them was long lost, even to the oldest of the high elves. Magical items were rare enough, but such scrolls were among the rarest of all. But for all that, they were surprisingly inconvenient items for adventurers. Any of an infinite variety of spells might be written on them, from the most useful to the most mundane, and they could be used only once, anyway. Many adventurers simply sold them—for a tidy sum—to researchers or collectors of curio. A wizard in the party was magic enough for them. They needed money more than scrolls.“

He used it 3 chapters later, in Chapter 9.

Nothing, it's literally perfect.

Should it only be Gobslayer and the priestess fighting alone in the dark and cynical world?
Too much party members and "NPC" who support him so warmly (Guild girl and Cow girl) make the atmosphere too bright for my taste.

Perfection is.

Curt Henning has something to say about that.

Not very often.

>speedreading
>low IQ
>no critical thinking
>no linguistics

It's like everyone becomes a retard when reading LN/manga so they can bash on it.

Stop replying to yourself

Carnac? He's overly obsessive of Chaos in general.

user, you're not doing a good job of answering that guy's criticism. Portal scrolls weren't & that scroll, as others noted, could have been anything. Besides, /tg/ can come up with some crazy shit. The criticism altogether I've heard from others too. It's about how if a low ranking mob like goblins can headshot people, multiple times we've seen helmetless people get fucked, why don't more use them? In older times, a helmet was one of the first things you get. Another thing, bandits aren't shown with the abilities that gobs are & don't often deal the same level damage. It's closer to foreign raiders.

>when the novelty of the premise wears off
13 chapters, 5 vol. LN so far and the novelty of the premise still haven't wears off though?
I still get my goblin slaying man just right.

Not that user, but this isn't older times. This is fantasy, like lord of d rings or Narnia. Which in both of them important character also didn't wear helmet.

In AoS, the surviving Elves kinda fucked Slaanesh. Slaanesh was stuffed with Elf souls & they made Slaanesh puke.

user, lots of people wore a helmet in Lord of the Rings. Dwarves like Gimli, Orcs, etc.

Yeah but not the important character, like that prince guy or someshit.

summer on Sup Forums went wrong.
in a sense that it's summer all year round

it tried to create a dark and realistic world while sticking to traditional RPG/JGRPG conventions- resulting in a nonsensical and ridiculous world and making everyone look stupid

>/tg/ bandwagon

Elf bow exists to shove morality bullshit into GS's throat.
>Look, for the sake of my advance fantasy, you are prohibited to use any dirty tricks like explosion, poison or even traps

Nothing. It's fine.

Eternal summer for years.

Refute the argument in the post if goblin slayer is so great

ok

>common sense or mechanics that are brought up by the author on the spot.

Why would using common sense not be considered being competent? and the worst hes pulled out is the scroll, which he keeps asking for every time he goes shopping.

> we have no idea that kind of magic exists.
The blame here lies solely on the manga for not showing that the world revolves around DnD mechanics, the LN goes out of its way to make sure the reader knows the gods are playing DnD.

>portrayed as a standard JRPG setting 90% of the time, and only switches to a dark gritty setting following dark gritty rules when it's time to wank off how great the MC is.

Againm if youre only reading the manga then of course it comes out of left field, Gob Slayer is one of the few pieces that isnt being played directly by the gods and everytime he shows up the gods frown cause he is shitting on their "FUN"

>If this is a setting where goblins are a major threat

Thats the thing, they arent a major threat, even in the manga its been said that they are a plague at worst, there was an entire fucking chapter where the Guild was basically empty cause they all went to fight the Demon lords armies, the latest manga chapter shows how easily the adventurers massacre an army of hundreds of goblins when they barely have 60 people.

Seems to me the problem /tg/ has is that they are only reading the manga, and then they are speed reading and skipping the obvious words of foreshadowing, probably cause they want to fap to more gobbo rape.

This
There's something appealing about seducing something that can easily break you in half

So? Does that mean any time you see someone cast a spell that hasnt been mentioned beforehand is bad writing? Even when its been mentioned that they can cast a spell of some kind?

It would be like James Bond pulling out one of his gadgets that you have never seen before in a pivotal fight. There is something about writing fiction and magic that authors have to keep in mind. It's okay to showcase magic that the reader doesn't know about if it introduces this magic in the scene and the circumstances of the scene itself aren't that important. In a fight like this on the other hand you can't let your hero use a trick that the reader never saw before, because it destroys the suspension of the fight.

It wouldn't be a problem if we knew beforehand what the scroll was about and that it was about to get used in a different context.

So you are essentially telling me its bullshit when a wizard doesnt announce his list of spells before he casts something?

>you can't let your hero use a trick that the reader never saw before, because it destroys the suspension of the fight.
What kind of made up rule is this?

Depends. It can be vague, like we know that the wizard uses fire as magic, and if we know some general rules about magic then there is a lot of room for the author to work within without breaking suspension. But if the wizard is just a walking toolbox that has an automatic problem-solver for almost everything without any cohesion every time the author seems to write himself into the corner, then there is something wrong with the writing in general.

Its even dumber when the trick was foreshadowed 3 chapters ahead of time.
How can it be writing himself into a corner when the scroll was set up well before we even know ogres are a thing?

Did I say that the author of Goblin Slayer wrote himself into a corner? Because I think I didn't say that the author of this work wrote himself into a corner anywhere.

Not that user, but you did imply that in your post.

Well then if he isnt
>just a walking toolbox that has an automatic problem-solver for almost everything without any cohesion every time the author seems to write himself into the corner
Then what exactly is the problem with the scroll?

Not properly foreshadowed.

The fucking obyous party shit

im sorry what were you saying?

>Sorceress specifically talks about how GS asked her for help with a scroll once
>Next chapter has elf lookijg aroing GS stuff, the scroll is show, she ask what it is but GS refuses to explain becaus "if the gobs capture you, they could get that information out of you".
No foreshadowing my ass

Not this stale pasta again. Why do you bother doing this every single thread?

What the hell is Sorceress smoking? I think she has permanent brain damage.

We don't know what it does and what his actual intention with the scroll is. Thus it's not properly foreshadowed. I can't believe this is so hard to get.

>inb4 that is not how foreshadowing works