Is there anything more unjust than an inheritance tax?

Is there anything more unjust than an inheritance tax?

>work your whole life
>pay taxes on everything from income, property, capital gains, sales tax
>die
>all your shit gets taxed before your kids can have it

How fucking insane is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

sontagadvisory.com/blog-entry/understanding-new-yorks-estate-tax-cliff/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kind of insane

Inheritance, Income, and Property taxes are all fucked up and/or unconstitutional and should be abolished.

Inheritance taxes are favored by economists because they are among the least disruptive, assuming there is an untaxed sum before the tax kicks in. In the US, it's $5 million, which is more than enough. I'm fine with that because most wealthy heirs these days are liberal shitheads who put their unearned money toward the worst possible causes.

All the money in the economy would be hoarded over a few generations in the families of already rich individuals.

isn't it more unfair to be a lazy fuck but receive a wad of tax free cash just because your testators were rich?

>t. Poor welfare leech

Nice, sound argument. You've totally changed my mind by calling me poor and comparing me to a leech.

You're a smart one, aren't you?

Quit sucking that government wellfare teet bro, never use a public road again. What a leech. Draining the economy dry.

Sounds like you're a leech though

Nope, having to pay VAT on all products after already paying income tax is the real cuckery.

How would not having an inheritance tax cause that? It’s like like the threshold is in the mega millions. It’s fucking 5 million dollars of total assets. That’s nothing, my father owns a small as fuck farm (120 acres) like 3 rental houses and a random storage building, and guess what the total value on that shit is around 3 million. The bar is set so low it’s insane, and regardless of how high the bar would be set it’s an insane thought to try to take from a person what they’ve achieved just because they died and were too successful.

Taxes were already paid on that money, commie

You can't "take" anything from the dead; they're dead. The law already has exemptions for "ongoing concerns" like farms, which can just be structured like LLCs and avoid the tax. How does it make sense NOT to tax income to heirs as any other sort of income?

Ohhhhhhh I get it. You're one of the people who thinks they deserve all the shit their father worked for. You kind of sound like a whiny entitled brat. Work hard and make your own life, like he did.

I work in real estate and there is a way for families to start inheriting property before they are dead.

Germany: Every year you get to inherit a value of 64,000 € tax-free, so if your property is valued at 640,000, then you can inherit the entire property within 10 years without any inheritance tax.

If your parents owned property, please look into this, you will save tens of thousands of dollars.

>it makes so much sense to tax!
>look at these loopholes to avoid the tax

>I'm fine with that because most wealthy heirs these days are liberal shitheads who put their unearned money toward the worst possible causes.

I'm not so sure of this.

>Be Champagne liberal
>Rich enough to have offshore holdings, immense tax shelters and lawyers and accounts to advise you how to dodge inheritance taxes

>Be middle class conservative
>A few properties and savings, all well within the bounds of the system
>FYI many people are millionaires on paper you wouldn't suspect because they needed a few properties to retire on or have a small business

I think proportionately the middle class is getting fucked way harder on the inheritance tax just like all taxes because they're the only ones playing by the rules and they tend to be conservative unlike ultra rich leftists and their useful rank and file tools that give them votes and manicured gardens.

One of the main incentives to working hard and building stuff is knowing your children will inherit it.

There’s a very good reason for it. It’s to keep people from dodging taxes by laundering money through their own families.

If anyone sounds entitled it’s you

>lol fuck your parents
>I deserve to reap the benefits of their hard work so that you don’t get an unfair advantage

You sound like a jealous child.

>Let's punish people for caring for their family after they're gone. This will build an excellent society.

This

In England now there's no point working hard or trying. Non workers get free housing then free elderly care which costs thousands. Their kids get free meals ect

All the way along you pay for the nose then finally they get it back from you when you're old then dead. Then your kids don't even benefit from your hard work

A lot of the biggest estates passing to heirs these days are the estates of heirs, not people who actually "worked hard" in any substantive sense. The Wal-Mart dynasty is moving into the third generation of inheritances already, for example. You're saying that money should just not be taxed at all?

>Middle class
>Inheriting more than 5 million dollars

Really makes you think

Wow if funerals are that expensive, maybe we should stop having funerals. There's a fuckton of boomers about to die off.

it is a huge part of the communist strategy.

The money was taxed once while the person was alive, why tax it again?

>5 million total assets

Say your parents bought a average house when they first married, depending on your location that one house may well be worth half that. It really isn’t hard to get to the threshold of 5 million assuming your parents weren’t completely retarded.

No, it's bullshit.

We could just shoot the libshits and remove the inheritance tax. Problem solved.

We should just cremate bodies instead. Cemeteries waste space and contribute to materialism by giving the family the wrong idea that their loved one is still in the ground, and not just an empty shell.

It's a social reset. You'll notice it never impacts those in charge. It simply levels the playing field by creating permanent class of poor fucks. It's an incredibly Jewish thing

Exactly. It doesn't affect the richest people but in the UK it fucks over working class people who saved up and bought their house. It stops us ever accumulating any real wealth

Because it is passing as income to another party. That's like saying there shouldn't be payroll taxes because the money has already been taxed somewhere along the way. As long as taxes are to be collected AT ALL, they should start in the least economically-disruptive sectors, and inheritance is certainly one of those.

>you don't deserve what your father worked for
>everyone else does deserve it

Mindblowing.

If you're "at the threshold" of 5 million, it's irrelevant, since the tax only applies to amounts above that, not the entire estate. Ie, the estate is worth $5,000,001. You pay tax on $1.

>Brainlets hate inheritance tax even though its one of the least shitty taxes
VAT and income tax are the real killers, but your tiny peabrain wouldn't realize that of course.

It might seem unfair to an envious little bitch, but it isn't unjust.

This is so shortsighted its borderline mental retardation.

Justifying an obvious discrepancy because it "hurts people I dont agree with" is just as insane as the inheritance tax

In Norway we have tax on our salary at around 30-40%, and then almost every goods and service is taxed at 25%.

So you are effectively taxed 55-65%.

Taxes have to come from SOMEWHERE. If not from inheritance taxes, then where? From more taxes on regular income? It's a question of where to get the money. Inheritance taxes are a better option than MOST other taxes.

It's 325k or thereabouts in The UK. It often means people lose the house they live in to pay the taxes. Most will have had to sell their family hone to pay for care fees anyway. You also have to pay gift tax if you buy your family things.
It literally doesn't matter how hard you work here you cannot enrich yourself or your family unless you have a very high starting point

If you just chump along being a cunt you get everything free and don't lose your home when old or a relative dies. It's to keep the class system in tact. Those too wealthy to care and those with fuck all. It's entirely toxic

Only thing that is wrong with Inheritance Tax is double-taxation. Australia already has Capital Gain Tax which deals with all incomes from various sources.

>taxes have to come from somewhere

That logic is inherently wrong

There's the question of what they then waste it on. Sone things I don't mind at all bit they spend it on social housing and programmes for nogs, 350 mil a week on club EU membership, useless green projects whilst crime and home invasions soar, and granddad dying of thirst in a shit African nurse staffed nhs ( bet she gets a council house free ride) refurbishments to immigrant hive towers ect ad nauseum

They want to take all of your money that they can because whitey is the battery hen that shits the golden gibs and keeps their whole operation in action

Take the jew cock out of your throat for two minutes and think before you post.

The answer to all the reckless use of the taxpayers money is not MORE TAXES.

The answer is holding the criminals accountable for their actions. The Pentagon alone is "missing" trillions of dollars of TAXPAYERS MONEY. But nobody gives a fuck. All youre saying is "well the jews have to fuck as a little harder, we'll get through this"

Very well trained & submissive little sheep.

Inheritance tax should be 100 % in order to create a true meritocracy. Only plutocrats who’re nothing without daddy’s money oppose this.

The reason for enforcing taxes on things like this is so that you can have the state protect your property.

Setup a Trust, you ignorant fucks. If you have that much cash on hand, you might just be a complete idiot if you wind up having everything thrown into probate.

ITT - plebs who have no idea how taxes work.

If you want a $719 billion Pentagon budget and other luxuries, the money has to come from revenue or debt. Since the US doesn't really have state-owned enterprises, the revenue will mostly come from taxes. You can shift more toward debt, but with debt already at 100% of GDP, that's probably a bad idea. Since nobody is willing to cut spending, that's off the table. So, once again, your options are taxes or debt. If it's tax, then you have to decide which taxes. If you start excluding certain taxes (like inheritance), then you have to raise others. Which ones do you propose to raise?

Yeah, how dare these people propose that money be used for things like healthcare and defense, when I can use it for dragon dildoes?

I actually support abolishing income taxes and VAT.

Or I could say cut the fuck out of military spending, welfare spending, and other useless programs while cutting taxes.

Yeah I'm jealous now of Americas 5 mil limit. Think ours is 350k and everything above it is taxed 40% or something.

Where is the tax paid? The country that the person died in or is a resident of?

Only stupid niggers leave their children actually money after they die. Real chads buy them gold, silver, houses and cars (in a different country)

You could SAY that, but in practice, how likely is that to happen? Trump isn't cutting spending, that's for sure.

The government will always try to tax as far as they can before the population gets really mad. Considering how pacified the population of western countries have become with all the distractions they are subjected to, they can take it really far now. They only have to worry about corporations getting pissed off basically, since they won't sit around and see their profits get cut by legislation.

I get paid: pay taxes.

I purchase from a business: they pat taxes

They pay employee: employee pays taxes

I give money to child: they pay taxes.

>every time wealth changes hands taxes are paid. Fuck off retard.

So instead of trying to address and fix problems we just give up and let them fuck us? That’s a defeatist attitude if I’ve ever heard one

Then teach us, you fat ugly cunt

still taxed under inheritance tax retard

Give your money away before you die

You know that's entirely different, it'd be like having to give your child a w2 for his allowance and lunch money so he can file income tax but then he gets audited because he didn't pay his bonus tax in the $100 bill Christmas gift from Granny.

Allowing a better life for your offspring is one of the main merits that incentivizes hard work. But 5 million are more than enough to live your life without ever working so I'd argue is more than enough to be a merit without discouraging the offspring to ever lift a finger

The founding fathers hated unearned wealth because of the monarchies they escaped

If on holiday then it's to the uk. But if they're living abroad I don't know desu

why do you lie, they hated monarchies because of bullshit taxes.

unfair to who?

Then why didnt they have an inheritance tax?

i think inheritance shouldn't be possible between two people that don't know each other

as in, you can't inherit the property that your distant ancestors obtained

this way you could still benefit from your dad/grandad/great grandad property that they obtained during life, but not the property that was obtained by their parents, which you'd have to pay to obtain, or it would be ceased by the state.

How would you keep track o this?

yeah, you would think like this wouldn't you.
fuck posterity mang, why can't i get the exact same wealth that an old family that has bled and fought for the country, i want gibs to mang

you don't, it's commie shit

You misunderstand.
The tax is on the spoiled fuc* who's inheriting. This is considered income, because you didn't do a fuc*king thing but live off daddy's drip.

People think the inheritance tax is way more common than it actually is. The first 5 million dollars you give to your heirs is tax free (10 million if you're married. The newly passed tax bill doubles this to 10 million or 20 million if you're married. Anyone over this amount of money will never actually pay the inheritance tax unless they are actually retarded. Rich people will set up trusts and use other financial tools to work around it and make sure the wealth stays in their family. With enough planning you won't be paying shit. Most of you guys have no idea how this works.

So?

>somewhere
Before the tax cuts, only about 50% of households paid taxes.
A family of 3 or 4 had to make >$50,000 to owe any income taxes at all
After tax cuts, that family has to make >$75,000
So now maybe 40% of households will pay taxes.

We need to spread the taxes around. All households led by a working age adult should pay taxes. Any household that can’t be at least tax neutral should lose The right to vote in our elections.

>Rich people will set up trusts and use other financial tools
And who makes money off this?

this

>Employer makes money
>It's taxed before you get it
Sounds OK to me!

>You make money
>It's taxed before you children get it
REEEE, GUBMINT GET OUT

ALL taxation is theft, normie.

it's simple
you value the property obtained by someone at the time of his death.

this is passed on to your grandad, and he either adds to it, or loses part of it

so, let's say your great grandad produced 100 and passes on 100 to your grandad
your grandad adds 20 to the total, so there's 100+20 at the time of his death
then your dad inherits the 100+20, and adds 80
then your dad dies and you just inherit 20+80.
if you want to inherit the rest of the 100, you'll have to pay for it with the combined wealth of 20+80+ whaterver you work for.

you'll be in a priviledged position to buy your distant ancestors property, but if you don't or can't, it will be taken by the government and sold to anyone else.

this means that everyone has to work, and it prevents accumulation of wealth, and means that you only get what you work for.

Your point? Better to pay some money to your kike accountant than pay 40% of your wealth over 10 million to the government

Also:

Only white people pay taxes per capita. Hispanic Americans pay -$2,000 per year in taxes on average. Blacks pay -$8,000 per year on average.
Blacks and Hispanics need to start contributing. They suck up all of our services, but don’t pay into the system at all.

>if you want to inherit the rest of the 100, you'll have to pay for it with the combined wealth of 20+80+ whaterver you work for.
this doesn't sound right

I should clarify; if you want to inherit the 100, you have to pay for it, not give everything you have.

I’m an estate planning attorney and you’re wrong. The death tax is draconian, and there aren’t really many “loopholes” like you suggest. Luckily Trump got rid of it.

You can get around it here though if you donate the assets 7 or more years before you die

my parents house was about 800k before they downsized; the new house they bought was put in my name, paid for by them
they then pay me "rent" to live there

This way KIND OF avoids inheritance tax... i have to pay tax on the rent they pay me though, which is just below the 40% bracket with my income, they can also "gift" £2k per year without tax.

once they pass, hopefully what they have left will be under the £325k.

The UK tries is damn hardest to stop normies becoming wealthy

How do you feel about people going into elderly care homes who lose every asset they have, including homes, to said homes before Medicaid kicks in? People who have worked their whole lives, like my grandmother who worked nights as a nurse in the violent psych care at the Great Lakes Naval base, now have absolutely nothing? Getting shit flung in your face, fingers broken, abuse every shift in service of those who served - now have nothing. If you don't give your house away to a family member at least five years before your illness, it goes to the care home. Look it up.

>Redistribute the wealth
What could go wrong?

this is sadly untrue. In many jurisdictions, there is an inheritance tax "cliff" over which your ENTIRE estate is taxed. It's retarded

sontagadvisory.com/blog-entry/understanding-new-yorks-estate-tax-cliff/

As it should be. Your own assets should be used to cover your end of life care. Why should the rest of us absorb this cost? Because you want an inheritance? Fuck off.

you're a moron
the tax is a fraction of the total
If you leave a fortune to your kids, your kids get a fortune without doing a damn bit of work for it

This is true. They are forced to give up their property.

There are too many people dependent on Medicare/Medicaid. Obamacare dumped 15 million more people into Medicaid. We can’t fix the issues our elderly face, unless we decrease services to working age adults.

On the contrary, the inheritance taxes are there to prevent new wealthy families from forming, and to steal the lands and houses of the poor, and this is how Jews have historically amassed their fortunes, from Spain to Russia to Iran, they always go after the clay using dirty methods.

it's not fair to double , sometimes triple, tax the money

Her family should be taking care of her not dumping her in a home

It's called paying into the system all your life. Social Security and medicare are not like welfare. It's getting back what YOU paid in. Care homes cost $11K a MONTH. You're attitude will change as those you love age, you are young - I almost hope you need elderly home care so you can lose everything you worked for. Aside from acute healthcare, the expenses are astronomical and you WILL lose everything you have. Guaranteed/

She's has dementia and is violent. She may have to be put into psych herself. She's a 91 year old Norwegian lady who will cut your balls off. I love how people who are just kids think they have all the answers. Adorable.

Consider the effect on GDP a 100% (or anything close to it) inheritance tax would have.

People who have significant amounts of money to pass down are generally talented in some way, and have above average intelligence.

If at age 40 these people make all of the money they need, and know that each additional dollar they make will be taken away, they will quit producing. There will be no incentive to contribute to the economy.

People who want high inheritance taxes are advocating for the removal of the economic contributions of our most inteligent and gifted citizens.

Oh, boo hoo, your parents won't leave you as much money as you expected because they are asked to PAY THEIR OWN FUCKING BILLS. Stop spouting bullshit, you fucking lowlife, you are mad because you wanted to get all of your parents assets, while the rest of us pay the bills. Fuck you and your "paying into the system" shit. You are just pissed because you want to privatize the gains for yourself, and socialize the cost. Really, just fuck off and die. I hope that at your mother's one car funeral motorcade, a tractor trailer smashes into your car and smashes you flat.

And so many doctors scamming the system, too. Medicare/medicaid and healthcare in general needs a complete overhaul but I have no idea how to even begin addressing it. I am encouraging my mother to gift her home to me and just sending me money to pay the taxes, etc. on it. so that we won't lose it in case she requires care as well. She lives three states away (they are the ones that moved away from their kids, not vice versa) and if worse comes to worse I will go live with her down there and take care of her. I won't dump her in a home.

Then euthanasia. Children like you are so adorable.

laugh at all the Sup Forums that don't even understand how this tax works.

yes. i'm sure this is/was a major issue for Sup Forums members... most of whom are receiving $10m+ inheritances.

but hey - bright sides, we're all already rich - so why are we so concerned?