Sup Forums was right again!

news.sky.com/story/amp/food-packaging-chemical-bpa-found-in-digestive-system-of-86-of-teenagers-11236098

Other urls found in this thread:

lifewithoutplastic.com/store/common_plastics_no_1_to_no_7
youtube.com/watch?v=od3NE0y3LkQ
youtu.be/YGzDxCOucQs
cycleharmony.com/remedies/hormone-imbalance/top-10-xenoestrogens-the-primary-cause-of-estrogen-dominance
cen.acs.org/articles/95/web/2017/10/Baking-soda-washes-pesticides-apples.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bpa as in bisphenol a`?

i /out/ a lot should i fucking worry?

iirc that shit litearlly turns frogs into hermaphrodites

We have known about this for a long time. BPA is most often used as a hardener in plastics but will break down and leach into what ever substance is around it. BPA mimics estrogen in the body and has been found to cause 100% male to female sex change in animals. In general just avoid plastics and you will be fine.

everythings plastic nowadays rip

>destroy testosterone
>people wont be inclined to violently protest
>since the population is castrated, open borders
>bring in below minimum wage workers, replacing the population's workforce
>politicians collect payoffs from companies/countries
>people dont have the drive to bring corrupt politicians to gallows

Why are the European Commission trying to ban this?

Every so often government lurches in a strange way toward something good. Weird, eh?

Was just about to post this. Weird on how on Leddit they don't talk about how it has been shown to affect hormones...

Most likely they have developed a new super untraceable homo concoction.

Because they themselves are suffering from this

Its pretty common knowledge among gym bros who tend to prepare their meals in lunchboxes that are BPA free so its not just an Alex Jones conspiritard thing

In the mid 90’s they were using super strong hormone disruptors in all the sports drink bottles fir kids

Maybe the European Commission actually favours a strong population and wants to arrest the decline.

Probably because it’s so well known and like another user said, there’s surely a new toxic chemical waiting to take it’s place

This, we should find things that are made of plastic.
Casein is a plastic in milk.

That's a thing? I never knew about that. So BPA directly affects testosterone levels?

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

What rock do you live under? They even sell canned goods marketed as having bpa-free liners these days.

HAH! thats a damn good merchant. Never seen that one before.

Save it, it's all yours my friend :)

That was atrazine

seriously

they fucking experiment on us like lab rats..

probably why mental illness is on the rise.

Gravely underrated

Does this include water bottles

Tell me more about casein, isn´t that the milk sugar? Or am I being retarded.
What do you mean "the plastic in milk" user.
I drink a lot of milk.

Those hands though

In general yes. These will typically be made from PET or PETE (designated type 1 for recycling). However if you do not heat them then they generally will not leech significantly.

Glass, stainless steel, ceramic would be preferred if you want to do the best you can, but PET/PETE bottles for room temperature drinking from are not really at the top of the list to worry about.

Casein is a protein. No idea what either of you are talking about. Milk jugs (at least in the US) are made from a type of plastic that typically does not contain BPA.

It's used as a softener in plastics. A plasticiser. It sits between the long chains to allow them to flex, which is why it leaks out so often - it isn't chemically attached to anything. It's the same reason old plastics tend to be brittle.

Well first of all they mostly have fluoride, yes even the natural non-flavored ones. Secondly if you refill your water bottle that has ever been in room temperature (it has in storage and shipping + at the store before being put in the fridge) you are ingesting BPA.

tl;dr: use them when you have to, like out and about. Use glass at home.

The best way to tell if it has BPA is to check the label, if it's bendable however it almost certainly has some form of plasticiser.

Yes, buy a glass water bottle like pic related.
I thought they'd be fragile but I've had one for two years now that's been thrown about in my bag daily yet has absolutely no signs of wear.
What's nice is you start saving money too, mine was kind of expensive but since I stopped buying plastic bottled water each week I broke even in under 6 months.

Know your plastics.

>lifewithoutplastic.com/store/common_plastics_no_1_to_no_7

#2, #4, and #5 are relatively safe.

Careful with polypropylene (#5). Never heat that. If you have some that claims to be microwave-safe, it's a lie.

are they becoming one with the plastic?

That's good advice, but I've pretty much decided to not use plastic for anything but cold storage at this point.

test

or use glass and metal containers.

You must be a soyboy. I carry stainless steel bottles daily in my bag and they're all banged and dented up. I can't imagine not having shattered glass and water everywhere if I were to do that.

Why do jews do this.

Jews are of the devil.

Seems like you need to be careful with metal, given OPs article.

purified water has almost zero fluoride. Tap and spring water contain loads of fluoride

MANDATORY VIEWING
>MANDATORY VIEWING

youtube.com/watch?v=od3NE0y3LkQ

This documentary deals with this topic specifically.

Stainless steel is so pleasantly inert that it's used for surgery and such. Just make sure there's no liner (there's no need for one anyway, since it's stainless steel).

>Stainless steel
Absolutely. I've gotten rid of all my non-stick teflon pans and replaced with pic related. Best decision I've ever made with regard to cooking.

cast iron or gtfo

Teflon isn't even supposed to be heated to cooking temp, and then it'll start flaking off and getting ingested, and that's if you don't wind up scratching and scraping it off. Nice idea but not very good in practice.

mah nigga

I don't like cast iron. To finicky and I'm cooking all the time. Stainless cleans up in two seconds and performs just as good, if it's well made cookware.

Alex Jones was right!

What a time to be alive

I thought that was shit from Birth Control pills

youtu.be/YGzDxCOucQs
Sup Forums was right again

Oh my!

That's the fun part about cast iron is that you don't even need to clean it. Maybe not the best choice for everything, but ever since I discovered it I'd rather use it any time it can get the job done.

cast iron pan is best pan, voted most likely to be /ourpan/ by 97% of posters in the current year.

my question is whether or not i am overexposing myself to this shit by drinking canned domestic beer daily.
>inb4 glass bottles retard
i prefer the flavor and convenience of aluminum cans, glass bottles beer gives me indigestion at a higher rate than cans for some reason.

Yeah the liners in aluminium cans will tend to leech unless they are advertised as being special and safe. Sad but true.

If you drink a lot of beer, consider finding a place where you can take your empty glass growlers an get them refilled like in the olden days.

>bpa as in bisphenol a`?

Yep

IT'S TURNING OR KIDS GAY

Why do you think there's so many soyboys and trannys these days, there's fucking xenoestrogens in everything m8 cycleharmony.com/remedies/hormone-imbalance/top-10-xenoestrogens-the-primary-cause-of-estrogen-dominance

>i prefer the flavor and convenience of aluminum cans, glass bottles beer gives me indigestion at a higher rate than cans for some reason.
This makes no sense. Glass is inert and would contribute absolutely nothing to the beer.

>Go to your local brewery

>2
No plastic is safe unless it's "raw" plastic that hasn't had any shit added to it. Anything labeled BPA free is going to have other chemicals just as bad if not worse. In fact, it's very common to use a much worse chemical in BPA free plastics.

No plastic is safe. Silicone is still plastic. It will still leech chemicals, even if it is stable at higher temperatures.

NO PLASTIC IS SAFE.

It's not finicky at all as long as you maintain it and use it at a proper temperature.

i think its all about the shape.
bottle shape creates a higher gas:liquid ratio during swigs

There is no safe plastic.

>I don’t like flavor and extra iron in my diet with each meal
>I don’t know to cook with adequate heat-to-fat ratios so I don’t lose precious resources by them burning and sticking to the pan
>I’d rather sacrifice flavor, extra minerals, and an emergency weapon in case of home invasion for a handheld solution to non problems.

Ur shit, m8

I use porcelain enameled as well as castiron. Porcelain is basically inert.

Obviously the ideal case is to avoid plastic entirely, but I think what we're talking about here is degree of danger. Forest vs. trees kind of thing. Otherwise the first thing you'd say is to stop consuming alcohol because that's an endocrine disrupter itself.

Yes you have to clean it unless you only cook eggs and bacon.

>Stainless cleans up in two seconds and performs just as good
A well seasoned cast iron pan cleans even faster. No shit.

I haven't cleaned mine in years. The key perhaps is to learn how to cook things that don't leave behind anything much that requires cleaning.

cleanup is sometimes easy but sometimes a pain if there is cheese or eggs burnt to it.
the best part of untreated casty is you also get to add iron to your diet each time you use it.

and forgot to add that food just tastes best out of untreated/unenamled

Even if there's shit stuck to it, then next time you go to cook, melt your butter or lard or whatever and it'll loosen back off and into whatever you're cooking next. Brilliant stuff.

Only really need to bust out the wire brush or whatever if you need to make two things in a row that have incompatible flavors.

Remove all plastic from your life to whatever degree that it is possible. Demand better packaging from the companies that produce the products you purchase.

Alcohol is for faggots.

There is no "degree of danger". All plastics are unsafe. Plastics that are claimed to be safe are often more dangerous.
Help yourself be less of a faggot:

cen.acs.org/articles/95/web/2017/10/Baking-soda-washes-pesticides-apples.html

>For those non-scientists who are familiar with the English system of measurement rather than the metric system, 10 mg/mL (milligrams per milliliter) is equivalent to 0.01 ounces (one-hundredth of an ounce in weight) of sodium bicarbonate dissolved in 1 liquid ounce (in volume) of water, or 1 weight ounce of bicarbonate in 100 liquid ounces of water.

That's about 1/2 teaspoon per cup of water.

Interesting, could be.

Yeah, I definitely know all about it - I have 3 pieces of cast iron and used them before I started buying stainless. I just much prefer the stainless for quick fry jobs and whatnot.

ceramic pan master race

Sodium bicarbonate rinsing of all produce is recommended, particularly for those concerned about the rain brining radioactive particles down out of the atmosphere from fukushima etc.

>Help yourself be less of a faggot:
This is what I love about Sup Forums, education through robust and productive discourse.

If it's found to be "safe" why is it found in us?

You don't find chocolate in me, because my body breaks it down into usable bits.

So should I buy an info wars water filter since bottled water isn't safe?

The 21st century example was lifted from nazi propaganda iirc, just like the Picasso one, still accurate though.

Estradiol

No....no....no....no!

You don't have to get it from inforwars if you don't want to, but that style of ceramic water filter is generally a good idea. Check to see if you need an optional attachment to reduce fluoride levels. Endpoint filtration just makes sense, and fluoride isn't the only thing to worry about.

Estradiol...sorry wrong image lol

Are there places where you can fill up glass jugs of purified water? I was drinking bottled water to avoid the fluoride and birth control in the tap water, and since I live in an apartment I didn't feel it was worth installing a reverse osmosis filter. Now the bottles seem like they cause just as much trouble as they solve.

Because even idiots see the testosterone #'s plummeting as a bad thing.... all they can do is cover it up but the problem will just become more and more evident.

With the proof of cause and effect so well proven, it is a miracle of propaganda that we have not yet figured out that drastically altering the major hormones in millions of people might have adverse affects...

>Silicone is still plastic.

No it's not. It's basically sand. What bullshit are you spouting?

just look at his flag

I didn't realize my personal preference in cookware would trigger so many of you.

I will only give my kid glass containers and free range carrots and chickens. I won't let them turn my son gay.

I wouldn't want him to end up like me.

Don't let them cut is dick apart either.

There are water mills that sell reverse osmosis water by the gallon for 25 cents. i just add my own electrolytes. Glass gallon jugs usually run about 15 bucks.