So Flip Flappers is getting a dub of all things

animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-07-01/sentai-filmworks-to-dub-haikyu-flip-flappers-tanaka-kun-is-always-listless-havent-you-heard-im-sakamoto-anime/.118263

How much do you want to bet they get some really high pitched bad voice for Papika and make Mimi sound overly monotone or edgy?

Other urls found in this thread:

cc.com/video-clips/eb32ns/chappelle-s-show-popcopy---uncensored
imgur.com/a/42Hvc
animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-07-01/sentai-filmworks-to-dub-haikyu-flip-flappers-tanaka-kun-is-always-listless-havent-you-heard-im-sakamoto-anime/.118263
imgur.com/a/Td3wf
track5.mixtape.moe/bbyhan.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dubs

>Ikamusume S2
I vaguely remember S1's dub being... well, workable.

Will they censor the loli service?

please dont be shit please dont be shit please dont be shit

Time for some 30 year old women trying to talk like American teens by putting on nasally voices.

The original VAs did a fantastic job. I can't see this going well, even as far as dubs go.

>I vaguely remember S1's dub being... well, workable.

I had an inkling you might say that

Please don't make unimportant threads like this.

is there such a thing as a good dub?

and im not talking about meme dubs like ghost stories, i mean a dub where the VAs are spot-on and actually do voice acting instead of just reading from a scipt to reach their next paycheck

Sentai dubs aren't great, so your predictions will probably prove to be true

Forget about FF, this is the real news. Can't wait to see how they fuck up the English episode.

>dub
No one fucking cares.

Ninja Slayer
Yu Yu Hakusho
Real life

There's a short list of acceptable dubs that gets passed around. Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Baccano, Panty and Stocking, Samurai Champloo, Redline, off the top of my head. Gurren Lagann, Eva, Kill la Kill and Stein's;Gate weren't bad.

steamboy was good, mostly because it had actual actors in VA roles (anna paquin, alfred molina, robin atkin downes, motherfucking patrick stewart)

also it was better as a dub since almost the entire thing takes place in england and japanese voices over characters with western faces wearing western clothes in a western setting is a little jarring

I remember Kino's Journey being good
FMA 2003

kill la kill, gurren lagann, and sao

Voice actor here. I don't work in anime dubs so forgive me if that appeal to authority doesn't actually mean anything here. Women in dubs almost never sound like they take the material seriously, and not in a fun way. A comedy show like Prison School has a shit dub not just because Gakuto and Andre were given voices that don't get the jokes of their characters, but because all the ladies sound like they're uncomfortable and want to be out of the booth as soon as possible. Cultural differences and amateur hour cause this. Though Hana's English voice actress being Honey in Space Dandy, which is all around a good performance, throws a wrench in this.

Still though, I can imagine Flip Flappers being just as awkward as that in English. Anime's not a medium that practices much subtlety, but it still wants to tell serious stories. So a lady in booth reading about JC's getting lezzy while one of them works out her abandonment issues probably can't wrap her head around it. Slap on a script that chooses to stay faithful or take liberties at all the wrong moments and you get women in dubs. That's not to say men don't have their own issues but Flip Flap has female leads so that's the subject here.

Also, 80% of dub actors are afraid to actually scream. The fuck is up with that?

I liked the dubs for PPD, Lucky Star and 2x2 Shinobuden for what they were. I understand Spice and Wolf to be liked.

Good or bad, the dub for Akiba's Trip was charming and fit the trashiness of the show.

Its a dub. Its 100% guaranteed to be shit.

I'm glad this will make more people get into it but I can't see it being any good.

Anime dubbing's the bottom of the barrel. If you're lucky you'll get a passionate weeb with a grasp of what he wants to achieve.

But most anime dub VAs just see it as a stepping stone to get into the big leagues of video games and domestic produce. And this is sad because there is plenty of talent out there, but they refuse to touch japanese cartoons.

In which industry are you working?

>Also, 80% of dub actors are afraid to actually scream. The fuck is up with that?
You have read up on the SAG-AFTRA strike, haven't you?

>If you're lucky you'll get a passionate weeb with a grasp of what he wants to achieve.
Matt Mercer's the only one that comes to mind. Troy Baker, but not too good for anime once he breaks through. Even Steve Blum seems above it these days.

Corporate. Pays very well, they keep coming back if they like you, and it's only heard by a select group of people. Which is exactly how someone who spends all day on an anonymous image board likes it.

>corporate
so you narrate stuff like the krusty krab training video?

I wanted a second season, Papika is probably the cutest anime girl of all time

There will never be a second season or an OVA.

All the Ghibli stuff was pretty solid, though I can't say I've heard any of the originals.

>not using the superior example of corporate training videos

cc.com/video-clips/eb32ns/chappelle-s-show-popcopy---uncensored

>video not available outside of freedomville
I will never understand this

this
ghibli stuff is great, but there's a difference to be had between dedicated anime movie dubs and episodic anime show dubs

So just google chappelle's show pop copy.

>they refuse to touch japanese cartoons
And most Japanese games too I guess.
With a few exceptions (like Breath of the Wild) they rarely get dubs in my language, and that's a shame because my country has a history of good anime and videogame dubs.
So if the publishers decide to remove the Japanese voices from the localized games for some retarded reason we're stuck with the shitty English dub.

Yu Yu Hakusho

One can only hope that Amazon and Netflix grab the talent by their wallets. I will have my Bakemonogatari gag dub one day.

>my country has a history of good anime and videogame dubs

No it doesn't Mexico. Stop spreading that filthy rumor.

>Mexico
Wrong continent.

not like the protags voices were good in the first place.

>cockona
imgur.com/a/42Hvc

Italian?
It doesn't matter. No dub is good therefore no country can have good dubs.

>cockona

Papika has a necrotic vagina. She needs to get that looked at.

Can you vocaroo something?

>MAO
>not great

>Anime dubbing's the bottom of the barrel.
>But most anime dub VAs just see it as a stepping stone to get into the big leagues
So wouldn't they put effort in the anime dubs to attract the interest of the big leagues?

>anal

Eh

Man why'd you have to go and post my anal one? Post the feet licking one at least.

> animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-07-01/sentai-filmworks-to-dub-haikyu-flip-flappers-tanaka-kun-is-always-listless-havent-you-heard-im-sakamoto-anime/.118263
They also dub Tanaka-kun is Always Listless. I like this series.

imgur.com/a/Td3wf

No, they generally just treat it as a paycheck and something to pad the resume. No director listens to hours of work to find their next pick, they just look at who has the most experience.

t. Manages a VA

>Cockona

Thank you.

Really? If I hired people I would draw a sample and listen to a few minutes of a few shows.

Sounds doable until you have a few dozen roles to fill and a deadline to meet.

Yeah, this. All the Disney dubs of Ghibli films that I heard were pretty decent because of this. Janeane Garofalo for Ursula in Kiki was a really good choice, and I always liked Gillian Anderson for Moro as well.

Also, Space Dandy, due to a combination of genuinely funny English script, casting a guy who's an actual actor (as opposed to most of the "LOL anime is so silly!" hacks Funi employs) as the lead, and all the VAs clearly enjoying their roles a lot.

I think you make this all up. 3 dozen for instance would be 36 people. How many shows have this many voice actors?
Also if a person has selected promising people he could listen to samples of 5 minutes per person for instance. That's not a lot of work.

One dozen per show times three shows. It's not unreasonable, considering how little money dubs make, that they'd be understaffed (and under skilled).

Me on the right

Bobobo maybe, I thought the dub was good

Otherwise you'll just find fun dubs, like Berserk and JoJo

>Papicunt

Cromartie's one is better than the original

track5.mixtape.moe/bbyhan.webm

Papika figure never ever

The anal one is the best one.

No one would hire people blindly like this. Why do you tell bullshit like that?

>Dub
Wow, it's fucking nothing. Some people will delude themselves to believe that a potential dub would be anywhere near the level of the original performance anyways.

Notice how everything listed is an entry level show?

>883

Someone post the polish dub.

Also, can you imagine hearing "dai dai DAI suki" in your language?

I'd rather not.

Audition tapes for Ratchet and Clank movie numbered in the thousands. Again, you're treating this like its a quick stroll through some files but there's no time or money to be that prudent.

Hellsing Ultimate

>Yayacuck

thx for the epic dub recs guys:)
do you also have any epic e-celeb recs???

kys autist

>kys
You should both kill yourselves.

y-you too

No.

>tanaka-kun
>skamoto

I wouldn't mind it

What was this artist tumblr? He made some pretty good stuff when the show was airing

Yu Yu Hakusho
Both Versions of FMA

Look up futanon in the archive

Master of Martial Hearts

Man, the ending dropped the ball so hard. It should have been cryptic like Utena, instead of fucking Akiragelion

G O L D E N B O Y

A "cryptic" ending would have gone against the entire themeing of the show.

There's already a Polish dub?

Wow.

Dare i say, this meme anime, finds a way?

>ninja slayer

This.
>tfw reminded of NS when hearing Winston's voice from Overwatch because of the same VA

Flip Flap

YES! I can finally watch it!

Still less weird than Dagashi Kashi getting a dub.

I liked it. The squid puns are pretty fun in English.

Notice how "entry level" is being used as a synonym for "good"?

Christine Marie Carbanos or BUST.

A dub can't make it any worse

You are right. I remove the sound of all animes I downloads because I hate dubs too.

Steins;gate is fantastic outside of the mediocre Mayuri not standing up to HanaKana at all

Netflix directed dubs are even worse than people think. Nanatsu no Taizai's english dub makes everyone fucking sound like Sonic.

Death Note
Black Lagoon
Berserk (1997 and the movies)
Gurren Lagann
Kill La Kill
DBZ Kai
Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood
Yu Yu Hakusho
Cowboy Bebop
Space Dandy
InuYasha
Gundam 00