Why not just kill criminals OUTSIDE his country? No way he would have been traced

Why not just kill criminals OUTSIDE his country? No way he would have been traced.

>get death note
>spend 5 years learning swahili fluently
>die of a heart attack before you're done
truly a cinematic masterpiece

I was just thinking about ways to avoid and while that seems like an easy answer for someone as smart as L that's one of the first things they can look for.

What IP address looked up the following names.

And while you would have a lot of crossover from names within a country, if you have someone in japan looking up people like kushner, mathis, pence, ivanka, and such all on one ip address that's a major red flag.

He's monolingual

News agencies don't report about criminals outside the country unless it's really big. You have to look for them, which leaves an internet trail.

Kira was getting all his info from public TV, which is untraceable if you do it right.

When he killed that criminal who was holding some hostages in a school he wasn't sure the Death Note really worked and he had no plans yet, and that guy's death is what gave L the hint Kira might be Japanese, so it was already too late for him.

He wouldn't have been able to see his society become better so he wouldn't have cared.

Then don't use the internet. It's literally impossible to get caught if you know what you're doing. Granted, it'll be hard to get info on international killers because murders don't get reported unless it's something especially gruesome. In any case, he could have just found a sympathizer to supply him with information.

Nice hindsight OP.

serial killers normally start close to home so they can flee to a safe haven quickly if it goes badly.

Harder to get names.
He wanted to make Japan great again.

he only cares about glorious nippon

If only there was a worldwide popular news aggregator site.

To be fair, everyone in the series learned Japanese after immigrating to Japan.

>criminals only outside of Japan dying

I can't see how this would backfire in any way.

The point was to SAVE NIPPON, not some backwater third world shithole. You cannot fathom how little Japan cares about countries other than Korea, China, Russia and the U.S.

He could just write the name of all shit leaders from different countries and all corrupt politicians of Brazil.

But no, lets just kill some random criminals.

I clearly remember someone saying the US was the country with the most reported deaths during the FBI agents arc. Light was definitely using the Internet.

It sure won't look suspicious if criminals are killed all around the world except Japan, right?

Couldn't they just see IP access to databases and discover who was Kira? L could've done that.

> Implying anyone would give a rats ass about dumbfuckistan or spiclombia
it's not that big an arrow and you only have to score in japan once or twice to clear doubt.

>Why clean your house when you can go clean SOMEONE ELSE'S house?

But murderers are worse than corrupt politicians.

I guess he was able to hide his IP well enough. He also managed to hack his father's PC to get information on the police's investigations .

No, corrupt politicians destroy entire nations and they are the reason criminality goes up.

He probably didn't want that much power. Once you start killing world leaders you're veering into creating your own world moreorless.

>He probably didn't want that much power.
He literally wanted to be become a "god".

Hahaha! Light was all right.

You know what I'd like? A deathnote.exe that can execute a whole batch as opposed to tediously writing names one at a time. You can copy and paste a HUGE list like say a bunch of corrupt politicians and improve the world in an instant.

You could kill every world leader in the world right now and nothing would change.

I mean a database filled with thousands. Not just a few hundred figureheads.

>And I will be the god of this new world

Some of you guys are all right. Don't commit any crimes forever

>first compile a massive list of criminals and corrupt politicians and store it offline, preferably on paper to be disposable (burn it, eat it, flush it down toilet, etc.)
>then kill them all one by one
>no current access, no trail
>don't be a ragetard and get baited
>wait two weeks after announcement of criminals to kill them, so you are sure it isn't just a ruse meant to narrow down your location

There are millions of people looking up online data bases. Like familywatchdog.

I'll just be sure not to get caught.

-t. every criminal ever

It would be clear the killer has a bias. But it doesn't matter because, realistically, a supernatural notebook would not be traceable. Light was only sniffed out because a turbo autistic super genius detective hypothesized that some random killing in Japan was the test killing and sought to prove that right.

But how else am I supposed to feel like a god while writing in an epic manner?

Lights only smart by Shonen MC standards.he barly scratched the surface of what the death note could do.

why not write down "x famous person commits suicide if the police become more suspicious that light yagami is kira"

or something like that, there was a lot more that light could have done to test the deathnotes limits.

You only find out about the crimes that aren't successful. For every failed crime, many more pass undetected.

a)he's retarded
b)the writer's retarded

L tracing back Kira to Kanto is not an asspull. Near looking at monitors with glowing eyes and discerning that Mikami must be X-Kira is.

>some random killing
Death, I mean. Guy just dropped dead.

You deserve a darwin award for that post.

>What IP address looked up the following names
Are you fucking kidding me, just within the criminology or the political science departments of Japanese universities you will have tens of thousands of students doing the same search of criminals/politicians.

The internet trial just doesn't work well if you don't have a target in mind already. Its impossible to sieve through tens of thousands of trials and forming concrete impressions.

I didn't say it was an asspull. I'm saying Light was being sniffed only because a person like L existed. A big point was made about how similar the two were and how they could see into each other's minds and shit.

Realistically, a person like L might exist or the criminal investigators make up for him by being even better as a team.

I'd fill my printer with death note paper, make a Sup Forums thread, and set up a script where it would print off every post that looked like a name if it was an image post (to satisfy the requirement of knowing what they look like)

This, people underestimate the power of big teams.
Bin Laden was found out despite living in the middle of nowhere, not using any internet services, and under state protection of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Modern AI can do insane things with pattern recognition.

Pour enough resources into the investigation and they'll have a list of a few dozen million people who are most likely Kira within a week. And from then on, the list will become smaller and smaller until it is small enough to justify imprisoning the people.
But I think as long as you don't kill for your personal gain and don't take any risks, you can get away with it for at least a few months to years. From then, it depends on whether you can just intimidate the governments or not.

I thought he did, L only found out where he was by doing the broadcast where the killings started

Doesn't even matter, killing the fake L was Lights biggest mistake. At this point he was killing criminals, however he let his ego kill the guy who was tracking him down.

He did, you fucking fool, you absolute idiot. He killed criminals all over the world.