3x3 thread

Post and rate.

Other urls found in this thread:

burninghammer.com/misc/FinalFLCL.doc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

5/6

Is bottom left perfect blue?

10/9 best shoujo (male)

What do you think of the new ABe anime trailer?

7/8
5/6

nice taste, the utena movie is excellent,, i like everything on this except lain.
same deal here, everything's good. i really need to watch szs and onii-sama though.

forgot pic

What's top-mid, mide-left and bottom-right?

6/8
7/8
2/4
4/6
8/9

I guess I just didn't get what was so great about FLCL

>I just didn't get what was so great about FLCL
There wasn't anything particularly amazing about. I feel like people who put it on their 3x3 have a massive nostalgia boner for it, because "muh childhood!"

>I guess I just didn't get what was so great about FLCL
I don't get what's not great about it. Wacky, surreal plot, great characters, unique art style, dynamic animation with a lot of variety to it and the fuckin soundtrack. To me it has this great mixture of on the one hand absurd, dumb fun but can also be a bit more melancholic and nostalgic at times. It doesn't focus on one emotion and mixes them well together.

Basically it gives some great stimuli for the brain (with the puzzle plot), heart (characters and atmosphere), eyes (design and animation), stomache (it's funnier than most comedy-focused anime imo) and le penis (Haruko is hot). There's really not much more an anime can do.

The show is considered one of the finest, most important and influential of its time period by Japanese animators in terms of its animation.

>The show is considered one of the finest, most important and influential of its time period
>FLCLfags actually believe this
Literally by whom?

>literally ONE animator's personal view on a flowchart
Boy, you really proved me wrong, user!

9/9
7/9
4/6
8/8
Is top left creamy mami?
7/9
7/9
By not stupid-heads.

Name any more important and better OVA from the five years before it or five years after it.

Alien 9

>one animator
You mean one of the very best and most respected animators in the industry?

Please don't use images from a great film like Only Yesterday when espousing such ignorant opinions.

Laughing out loud

All credibility lost.

I'm not wrong.

this pretty much desu

>You mean one of the very best and most respected animators in the industry?
Oh god, don't start with this subjective shit now, user.

I fear that all hope is lost for you user.

>wacky
Found the flaw. I'm not a child.
>dumb fun
So you like it ironically
>le
Helloo Reddit

>implying
All because I don't think FLCL is the pinnacle of Japanese animation? FLCLfags are unbelievable.

>subjective shit
You really have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to animation do you? You probably don't know who Osamu Tanabe or Shinji Hashimoto even are.

It's ok if you don't recognize his name, but please don't try to downplay Toshiyuki's talent.

>Is top left creamy mami
it's minky momo in the bridge over dreams.

If you honestly don't think FLCL is the pinnacle of japimation then you don't understand what's great about anime in the first place.

Oh I do know about animation user. In fact my favorite animator by far is Ohira. Who ironically animated the BEST scenes on FLCL.

You know so much about animation you dismiss Inoue as "one animator". Ohira is like Yuasa, an easy favourite for people with a limited appreciation of animation to pick out by sight.

>Found the flaw. I'm not a child.
You're just a pretentious child
>So you like it ironically
That doesn't know how to read.

I dismissed Inoue as ONE animator because it's literally one man's opinion about the entirety of Japanese animation influence. You need a larger sample size to back up your original claim.

that's neither ironic nor is it a coincidence

Please stop. I at least want to have some illusion that Sup Forums hasn't stepped down so low as to not understand who Inoue is.

It is ironic, because I don't think FLCL is the pinnacle of Japanese animation, yet I do love Ohira.

that's not ironic at all, you're just stupid

No it's ironic because it's literally what I'm arguing against.

Sure thing you did. Hence why started claiming referring to him as one of the best and most respected was "subjective shit".

Why do you keep using this "pinnacle of Japanese animation" phrase that nobody else has? The original post stated it is considered one of the finest, most important and influential of its time period.

Do you speak english? Why are you typing like this?
"Subjective" because calling Inoue the "best and most respected" is literally subjective you idiot. That's YOUR opinion.

It's not just my opinion, its the opinion of literally anyone who knows anything about Japanese animation. It's a wide consensus opinion.

Just read up on some of the sources at the bottom of the page here:
burninghammer.com/misc/FinalFLCL.doc

Kyousougiga would not exist without FLCL.

Regardless of consensus, it's still ONE man's opinion. My original issue with your argument is that there is not a large enough sample size for the claim that FLCL is considered the "most important and influential of its time period".
So don't post shit like this and expect people to believe you.

>FLCLfags think they are experts on animation
>only ever namedrop the same 3 animators

Do I spy a cited forum post?

FLCL wouldn't exist without Gosenzo-sama banbanzai.

What are you trying to say?

FLCL literally wouldn't exist without fucking Shin Chan

That's the each of the three are amazing.

why do people always bitch and complain about nhk/tatami/ping pong fags in these threads
are some of you genuinely surprised that a website full of depressed late teens and early 20 yr olds can really relate to those shows?

Sup Forums hates things that people like.

>FLCLfag's anime list
>He has barely seen shit and clearly just parrots what sakugabooru tells him
Every time.

to the animator fags arguing here: if you yourself don't make any animations or draw, your knowledge on animators is pointless information you have stored in your brain.

Okay user you know better than one of the most respected animators in the industry who literally gave lectures on this shit for janica.

This is the stupidest post I've read today.

not even arguing but this is such a braindead post you might as well delete it

I don't know better, that's literally what I'm saying. Except I do know I'm not going to take one man's word about such a large topic of interest.

>you aren't allowed to critique things you can't do yourself

I wish we lived in a world like this.

Then technology would not progress at all.

That is quite alright user. I am quite happy to allow you to remain ignorant.

It'd be more ignorant to take one man's word, though.

"one man's word" by which you mean a respected long time member of the relevant industry considered knowledgeable enough by one of that industries most important bodies to lecture on the subject.

Again, you stating this is literally irrelevant. Let me know when the poll a large amount of animators and have them take a vote on what are the most important/most influential animation.

Such a thing never happens. I guess we cant say anything was influential if we follow your logic.

Also
>literally irrelevant
It isn't irrelevant at all though. It's not just the opinion of one man as you put it like it is worth the same as any other average joes opinion. It is the opinion of one man who other members of his own industry, which he is talking about, consider authoritative.

2/4

2/5

3/6

3/7

4/6

2/5

>all this bitching because someone rates a japanese scribbling higher than someone else
Dont worry, FLCL will be ridiculed by the upcoming sequel then people will forget that the initial OVA was pretty decent because they always associate a series with its latest entry.

But the common reaction on Sup Forums to FLCL is already negative among a large portion of the userbase becuase its "lol so randum" and aired on Toonami once so it must be bad.

5.5/6
+/- Kaiba
3/3
1.5/2
+/- Kaiba
4/4
7/7
4/4
2/2

Jeez, nearly everything I recognize happens to be something I like this time. I might swap Uchouten Kazoku onto here at some point too, who knows.

6/6
5/5
4/4
4/4
2/2
2/2
4/4 (3/4 if you mean the Rebuild of EVA)

Also, this looks really nice.

8/8
5/5
3/3
6/6
8/9 Luluco is not good.
7/9
0/1
2/3
4/5
6/6
6/6 motherfucking tiawanese puppets man

2/2
I always forget the name of the one in the last line and last collum. It's been siting on my backlog for ages.

1/3

3/3

5/5