Historie 99

Finally, a new chapter of Historie.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Z1cxXIiS!pgGmqlDCBnZ16NvPmEblCg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, Volume 10 is out. I'll eventually get to it, maybe in the winter.

Nice! Unfortunately this comes out so infrequently that I'd have to reread the whole thing to remember what happened.
Hopefully it gets completed before I die.

>Hopefully it gets completed before I die

More like hoping it gets completed before anything unfortunate befalls Iwaaki.

In any case, the manga is setting up the assassination of King Philip right now. This chapter is introducing Pausanias of Orestes and his backstory.

Didn't Eunemes get his gf stolen by the king or something?

Yeah, that was a few chapters ago.

Looking cool in that cover. Cool Shinichi.

So, like, Iwaaki has to portray Eumenes's life from start to his end in the Diadochi Wars right? Is he even gonna live long enough to do that at the current pace?

this is the guy who will kill philip

Who knows. Japanese people live a long time on average. Mizuki Shigeru passed away just 2 years ago at age 93. Iwaaki is only turning 57 this year. I don't think it's too farfetched to imagine him being able/willing to work on Historie for a good 15 more years.

That was weird
>hmm my buddy Eunemes is dating your daughter?
>well I better take her for another wife and shove my elderly cock into her
I can only see that ever ending badly. Nobody's gonna do a BETTER job because their boss cucked them.

Instead I think he will either start fast forwording after Philip's death, or end it at Gaugamela or Indo battles

It'll be interesting to see what Iwaaki does with him, since the historical records are so muddy about the motive behind his assassination. From this chapter, it doesn't seem like Pausanias is too personally motivated by his fulfilling his brother's revenge, so maybe he might be secretly paid by Queen Olympias or some other 3rd-party?

He's having trouble even finishing ~25 page chapters every two months, though, so I don't know if we can assume anything about the future.

It's about denying potentially dangerous influence to eliminate future threats. Philip doesn't know how far Eumenes has gone in his relationship with Eurydice. All he knows is that Attalus was considering Eumenes for her potential husband.

True, but if he really wanted to increase his pace, he could always hire assistants. One of the reasons for his release-pace and unfinished backgrounds is his insistence on working alone, which is unusual for most mangaka, but a demand that a successful veteran mangaka like Iwaaki can make with his publisher, I assume.

For download links to this chapter or the others, you can find them here: mega.nz/#F!Z1cxXIiS!pgGmqlDCBnZ16NvPmEblCg

In order to keep this thread alive a little longer into the night, I'll bump a tangentially related manga: Alexandros by Yasuhiko Yoshikazu.

I never remember what's happening when a new chapter is released. Losing interest not because it's not interesting, but because I don't ever remember wtf is going on.

It helps just to read the tankoban volumes whenever they come out. Reading big chunks at a time is always more satisfying and easier to keep track of.

nice. NTR

I'll take your advice on that.

Is Alexander adopted or a ward or something. I'm lost after this flashback.

That's not Alexander. That's Pausanias when he was a kid, who happens to look like Alexander.

Did he appear before the previous chapter?

Pausanias was just introduced at the end of the previous chapter. He's the guy who's going to assassinate King Philip, which is why Iwaaki is introducing him and his backstory now.

God bless you Hox

Alright, I'm gonna stop posting more pages now as I have other stuff to do.

Best king, best general, handsome as a God. Philip was too good for this world

Too bad all the work he put into making his dynasty great was undone in a single generation.

Thanks hox btw

I love this one