Matthew 10:35-36 and the 10 Commandments

"For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, a man's enemies will be the members of his own household."

As someone who has had faith for not a very long while, how do I reconcile this verse with the commandment to "Honour thy mother and thy father"?
I really do believe in Jesus, and I know I have a misunderstanding of some sort. Can any genuine /christpol/ brothers help me with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_Phoenix_Press
jwa.org/encyclopedia/author/exum-j
youtu.be/i_8sIq50gs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are we? Your pastor? Take your dumb desert fairy tales dafuq outta here.

Thanks for reminding me to play Darkest Dungeon.

>we
implying Sup Forums is a collective
but kekd at this

you're supposed to honor your father and your mother, but you shouldn't compromise when it comes to faith

This. Also following the 10 Commandments is good and all, but it's not going to get you into heaven.
John 14:6
>Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He's quoting the book of Micah. Get context from there to see the reference.

You gotta get edgy, man. Rebel against your degenerate parents and protect your race, religion, and culture. ONLY BY PRESERVING THEIR HERITAGE CAN YOU TRULY HONOR THEM!

What Christ is talking about here is that your faith in God will divide you from people in your surroundings and possibly even your family. When you become a Christian, people will turn on you and start hating you for irrational reasons. At the same time, it's crucial that we respect our parents regardless of this. On another occasion Jesus says that "he came not to unite and to bring peace, but I came to divide".

Jesus divides the believers from the non-believers.

Glad you're strong in your faith. We all stumble sometimes but the Bible always has the answers.

>how do I reconcile this verse with the commandment

you don't

read Mark 7:
"The woman was a Greek, born in Syrian Phoenicia. She begged Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter.

27 “First let the children eat all they want,” he told her, “for it is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

28 “Lord,” she replied, “even the dogs under the table eat the children’s crumbs.”

29 Then he told her, “For such a reply, you may go; the demon has left your daughter.”

Also Matthew 15:
"21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment."

Unless you consider the kikes to be your masters and your own race to be dogs eating the crumbs that fall from their table, there is nothing to reconcile

>How do I reconcile two passages completely unrelated

>As a thorn goeth up into the hand of a drunkard, so is a parable in the mouths of fools (Proverbs 26:9).

>You must love some Jew more than your blood and the spirit of your people
The current state of Sup Forums

What 10 Commandments? What are you talking about? No such thing exists in the bible.

Also, Jesus wasn't a real person, pic related etc etc

is everything in the bible a parable?

Is the story in question a parable, or a supposed historical account of Jesus' actions and attitude?

Which one is it?

It's a parable.

It's funny how it's the story that shows Jesus' contempt for the Jewish way of thinking that is used by the ignorant to show the opposite.

Jesus' first reply are not his words; it's a Jewish proverb, an aspect of Jewish way of thinking and and aspect of their culture.

The woman questions it, and BECAUSE the woman questions the Jewish ways, Jesus tells her she is a woman of great faith, and rewards her.

Jesus life was one of going against the Jews, and for that, they killed Him.

Honoring your mothers and fathers for making you who you are doesn't excuse them from looking away from the Truth and indulging in sin, retards.
In fact, you have even more of a responsability to bring them to the Light, since you owe them.

I dont understand whats your problem.
If your parents are douchebags just leave them and dont quarrel with them.
If they aren't christians try to convert them if that doesn't work then just honor them and leave with peace for better life in Christ
What don't you understand ?
You must defend the faith despite them being ur parents that doesn't mean u have to be mean or impulsive.
The truth is the truth wether you like it or hate it.

so jesus never met a greek woman in the vicinity of Tyre?

so you're saying jesus was lying to her hoping that she would see through his bullshit?

Unbelievable this level of rationalization

Consider the point was not for her but for the audience in attendance and I don't mean the readers.

Are you stupid? The parable is the comparison with the children's bread and the dogs. The fancy word is a "pericope". You're simply ignorant and blind.

Wow, what a coincidence. Look at that author.

This!

No, that's clearly not what I said.
I said that because the woman questioned the Jewish narrative, she was rewarded.
And that Jesus was killed by the Jews because he didn't respect their ways.

That's is what I said.

This is the most basic aspect of Christianity that it boggles my mind that people can't understand it

Jesus is saying embracing Christianity or him to the fullest will cause strife in many of your relationships. It may even break up families, people will hate you.

Forgetting the present, consider that he is telling this at the time to people who are brought up Jewish. They will have to break from Jewish society to follow him

If you believe Christianity to be true, then consider if telling people or living the truth will bring you more external pleasure than pain in any society.

You get more honey with lies

> The parable is the comparison with the children's bread and the dogs.
Okay, let's go with that then.
Who is are the children and who are the dog?

The point being what?

Here's the moral of the story - the greek woman comes to the jewish master to beg for her daughter to be healed. Initially, the answer is no, since Jesus didn't come to heal filthy goyim animals, but rather his OWN people, the jews.

This is why Jesus doesn't answer her and ignores her pleas.

Only once this white woman begs on hands and knees and recognizes her status as a filthy dog who is deserving only of the SCRAPS that fall from the master's table does she actually receive these scraps.

Read the chapters word for word

Parable isn't the right word, is it? It's a metapher or allegory. The bread is the salvation, the master are the Jews and the dogs are gentiles

The point is not that she begs but that he actually does help her and rewards her "faith" implying her belief in him is as great if not greater than the current Jewish status quo/laws.

None of Jews around would have legitimized her faith as she is not a Jew and outside their laws,

No, what you said is verbatim:
>"Jesus' first reply are not his words;"
You said that his response was something other than what he meant. If his words aren't his words, then he's lying or misleading.

0/10 for rationalization attempt

So many stupid people with zero understanding or knowledge in scripture on pol. This is why you’re all fucked, forever.

To answer you, ask the Holy Spirit to Guide you as scripture is perfect and will show you the truth, always. Remember. Jesus was the perfect example. God bless!

>he actually does help her and rewards her "faith" implying her belief in him is as great if not greater than the current Jewish status quo/laws.
Wrong, she audibly announces her submission to the jewish status quo/laws by recognizing her status as a dog receiving scraps from the masters' table. THIS is what she's being rewarded for. There is no transgression against jewish dominance in that story, but rather submission

A lot of shit the Bull-Queer, Mongrel-Theist, and Jew feed you in that book...

Is a misrepresentation of what it is supposed to say...

Read it with the understanding that the Holy Bible is the number one (1) book that Demon-Worshipers have sought to destroy, mis-transliterate, defraud, obscure, obfuscate, misrepresent...

The Jewish status quo not involve her faith in him you moron. She's is coming to him as the son of David, AKA the messiah.

He is answering her faith as the messiah of the Jewish faith. The straight up Jews would have lost their shit at this scene.

Sorry for all the edgy responses, Aussie user. I'll give you a real answer from a Christ user.
Christ is simply stating that His message and teachings will be so controversial that members of the household will do what is unthinkable and rebel against one another. This is to mean that you are liable to be rejected by your own family for following Christ. That being said, this does not come into conflict with the 5th Commandment, as that is simply asking you to honor your father and your mother so long as they remain on the earth. This commandment does not give you credence to disobey or do what is contrary to God if it is asked of you from your parents. God comes first in all things, but if it is asked of you, whether by your parents or even your brother, do these things and serve them as you would Jesus Christ.
Hope this makes sense. God bless, user!

and you need to always take a loot at the publishing company and then the external funding if they have any

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_Phoenix_Press

>The principal publishing team includes David J. A. Clines (Editor of the Dictionary of Classical Hebrew), J. Cheryl Exum (formerly Editor of Biblical Interpretation) and Keith W. Whitelam (Joint Editor of Journal for the Study of the Old Testament).

jwa.org/encyclopedia/author/exum-j
>jewish women archive
>J. Cheryl Exum

youre supposed to hate your own soul too. and your entire family in comparison to love for Christ. call no man your father. we all have two dads. but NOT two moms. in these times of noah it was said young and old will see visions. and this passage means to defend Christ when antichrist drives families against eachother. you will be put up by your families with their thinking the antichrist is Christ. and Holy Spirit will fill you at last minute to defend yourselves. in these times people will forbid marriages. not that we take them with us anyways. God regrets creating us. and the entire world will be flooded by fire after the final judgment. the sword is metaphorical and i dont understand what's so difficult or controversial about this

Whenever your father and mother honor God, you should honor them as well, for they brought you to the world.
Whenever your father and mother deny God and live in sin, honor them not, for while they are your father and mother, your Father is also in Heaven, for He created every man, including you, me and them.
Or see it as this: When your father and Father are in communion and speak the same, listen to them both. When your father says one thing and Father says contrary, listen to the Father, for He is greater.
Same is meaning of Matthew 23,9.

Based portubro.

Can somebody explain Plantinga's ontological argument in a way a retard (i. e. me) can understand it? Does it presuppose the acceptance of a multiverse?

If he would have broken the jewish status quo he would have healed her daughter instantly but he tells her to fuck off if she does not see herself as a dog, eating crumbs.

Excuses excuses.

Your eternal saviour didn't actually exist, so you hide your embarrassment by attacking Da Jews

>The Jewish status quo not involve her faith in him you moron.
Yes it does, lmfao
You forget that until his death Jesus followed judaism and it's customs to a tee, flawlessly. This is the entire point, that the never broke jewish law which justifies him on that basis.
The woman is coming to her because she believes this is a jewish prophet with magic powers

>He is answering her faith as the messiah of the Jewish faith.
...after forcing her to audibly recognize her status as a filthy goyim dog who is deserving only of scraps. This is 100% according to the jewish faith which recognizes the jewish race as superior to the goyim

>You said that his response was something other than what he meant.

No, not what I said. Why do you keep doing this?

>No, not what I said.
It is what you said.

Once again, VERBATIM:
"Jesus' first reply are not his words"

> Why do you keep doing this?
Because you're a snake liar who's leading people astray

yes, now that's what I said, which is different from what you say I said.

you can see it's different by the pixels and that the words are different.

But if you're interested in finally tackling what I said, go for it.

Fuck off noob. Watch this youtu.be/i_8sIq50gs

And if you don’t believe after that? I know... you’re young and know everything. I was a know it all too when I was 15 like you. Just watch the video.

The answer is here :

You need to understand who is doing the dividing. It is not the believer that is opposing his family. Instead, it is the family opposing the believer for their belief. Jesus said that we must love Him more than our family, in that we put Him first. We can still show our parents honor while at the same time not allowing them to interfere with our faith. We do so in love.

Also, check out 119 Ministries. Many video teachings. Test them against the Word. Come back to the Torah. Messiah is calling us in these last days.

>you can see it's different by the pixels
how fucking pedantic are you?

When jesus said "it's not right to give the children's food unto the dogs" did he mean this or did he not?

Were they HIS words that HE meant or was he lying?

Stop trying to dodge and derail and answer that one

jerusalem is trampled by gentiles. are those judeans or israelis? and israel was divorced by God. all the nations mean nothing to the eyes of God

"... call him a Jew, and you'll be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back I've been found out"

canaanites were shrine hookers and nephilim enablers

Just look at these idiots arguing over what a fictional man was really trying to say

It's like arguing over whether Robin Hood preferred jam or honey on his toast

> all the nations mean nothing to the eyes of God
this sounds like a great philosophy for reactionary europeans to follow huh

but your British teeth are real, yes?

>hate your own soul too
If you are in the state of grace, no, you shouldn't hate your soul, for it is pure in the eyes of God and will enter Heaven as such.
What you should hate is every sinful thing and desire your body has, for your body will die, for sins it committed.
Our soul is washed in the Blood of the Lamb already, the body awaits salvation still. And salvation of our bodies will not come, until Christ comes.
>God regrets creating us
Expression used in Genesis, is anthropomorphism of God's thoughts, so that they're roughly understandable by humans. It's not meant to be literal regret, as we feel it.
God, being omniscient, cannot feel regret nor be surprised by anything.
Rather it's meant to convey deep dissatisfaction with actions of pre-flood humans, that essentially chose the worst way possible, in so that they even started working against God's plan. And truly no one, who has no part in God's plan, will live.
God allows sinners to live, as long as some good might come from their existence (i.e. Jews acting in objectively bad way - killing Christ - brought goodness to the world, going along with God's plan, that's why their scheme succeeded), when it ceases to be, they cease to be.

ask them, refugee exporting bibi

i disagree

I bet it's honey

>but your British teeth are real, yes?
I think you're on the wrong board, faggot

You cannot obey something that has degenerated.
If you God in you, truly, you outshine them and are made superior to them.
Who is more important, the father above or your fleshly father?
He is saying to rebuke all degeneracy, no matter the relation.

i am? your teeth have been lost to an /antichrist/ board. this one. go find them

What he's saying is "if you follow me everyone will hate you so just disown them". This is a very important part of his message.

This.
It basically means to choose Christ over your family if it comes to that. Ideally you would have a good Christian family, but some people will reject you for being Christian and you should reject them.

Not a Christian, but I interpret it as:
"The Truth of Jesus Christ shall split families and homes apart, among the disbelievers and the believers."

Why are protestant countries so autistic? And so politically correct. And so bourgeoise. And so narcissistic. And degenerate.
Could it be that protestantism is a jewish conspiracy? Are protestants simply useful idiots for their masters?
Did you know political correctness is simply atheism with protestant spirit? If you are a secular protestant you suck neomarxist frankfurt school jew cock.
If you are a right wing protestant you are a zionist. Isn't this interesting?

You're ignorant about the scriptures, you show your bias, you straw man me and you don't want me to worry about the details?
Do you think this is my first rodeo talking with a Jew or a shill?

You want me to play by your rules of "either he meant it", or he "lied", how dishonest and disingenuous do you need to be?

It's a proverb, those are not his words, he quotes the Jewish tradition, and like any quotation it comes with a context, and a quote is neither necessarily what one agrees with, nor a lie. You want to focus on the quote and say "one either always means the quotes or one is lying". Do you realise what you're doing?

And if one looks at how the story develops, we see that the woman is rewarded, because she questions the Jewish proverb.
And then what does Jesus do? He goes directly AGAINST the proverb and attends to her plea first, before the requests of the Jews.

You're done.

It was not untruthful.
Jesus WAS sent to lost sheep of Israel (Chosen people of God).
What however is unknown to pharisees, nor modern Jews is that Israel is not of the flesh (Romans 9,6) and not of descendants from Abraham, but of the spirit and fulfillers of the promise (Romans 9,8).
And wording of the promise of New and eternal Covenant, that Old Covenant prophesied, and which abolishes Old (Hebrew 8,13), is that:
Whoever beliefs in the Son has the Father and eternal life. Whoever disbeliefs in the Son also lacks the Father and is already condemned.

And Jesus remark about tossing bread to the dogs, is true for all humans. We do not deserve grace given by our virtues, but only by choice of God.
This is true in Old Covenant as well:
>Understand, then, that it is not because of your righteousness that the Lord your God is giving you this good land to possess, for you are a stiff-necked people.
Deuteronomy 9,6
Those Jews who claim they are morally superior, therefore chosen are liars.
In comparison with God's righteousness, we're all utterly unrighteous in our works.

I swear, nobody ever responds to me.

You're correct.

With everything I've wrote, or only some parts?

Any tips for someone looking to renew their faith?

Do you hide namefag posts?

What to do when your parents abuse you and treated you like shit your whole life?

Submitting oneself to the abuse of their parents is not honoring their parents.

with the whole thing. He regrets us. period. doesnt matter which book. it explains the hate your soul thing too. paul had no kids. why would we want to keep reproducing in a fallen world. souls that will be tested in flesh bodies. just to have it all burn? minus the saved ones that is. god is in control of everything. some people want kids but cant have them. i'd rather praise and love my father rather than make more babies to love us both. kids are a blessing and a curse and are not a command. just like the law. i see too much molech whores in society to go making babies without a thought. if i were to make them it would require much planning and i feel i can focus more on Christ without them

Sola fide would answer some of those questions.
The thought that just believing in Christ will save you, opens up a world of sin if you don't know or don't believe in the perils of sinning.

On the matter of soul:
>16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
Romans 8,16
If our spirit was wretched and worthy of condemnation, it couldn't testify in our favor. Rather it would testify against us.
>Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were.
>But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
1 Corinthians 6,9-11
Our soul is washed and sanctified.
Now, on the matter of reproducing in a fallen world:
>paul had no kids
Some are meant to have kids, some are not.
>I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.
1 Corinthians 7,7
If it was inherently bad to reproduce, it wouldn't be a gift, but a curse.
Paul would want to everyone to be like him, because marriage can lead to valuing fleshly pleasures over God.
>if i were to make them it would require much planning and i feel i can focus more on Christ without them
Then you are not meant for them, and there's nothing bad about it. One has this gift, other has that.
>He regrets us
If He truly regretted every one of us, we would be no longer.
And He would certainly not sacrifice for our sake.
He knew we could fall. We might disappoint Him, but He will not regret making us, for He was well aware of choices we can make.
God regrets nothing He does, for He foresees possible consequences of everything He does.