What the hell did I just watch?

What the hell did I just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

fgilantranslations.com/shuumatsu-nani-shitemasu-ka-isogashii-desu-ka-sukutte-moratte-ii-desu-ka/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Wait for days before watching the final episode because "the mood wasn't right".
>Finally get around to it. It's gonna be okay, I've been reading and watching dumb funny shit right before, and the rest of the serie wasn't even that sad.
>Cry like a bitch.
Satelight is supposed to make dumb shit for fuck's sake, they have no right to make something like that. White Album doesn't count.

The happiest girl in the world.

Having the self-sacrifice dialogues all happen with completely tangential characters instead of between the actual main characters, Kutori, Willem, and Ren, seemed really wrong to me. However, they pretty much were written into a corner that way because all goddamn three of them have a martyr complex and would literally just end up in an argument about who gets to martyr for the others if they met. I mean really, the old-god that tried to wipe out all humanity is the one trying to talk Kutori out of sacrificing herself?

It was a good ending in terms of action though, but I really wish that someone conclusively died by the end, if only to put my own jadedness to rest so I could appreciate the emotional drama properly.

>but I really wish that someone conclusively died by the end
Chtolly and Nephren both conclusively died though.
I took the whole self-sacrifice with tangential characters more as a show of how hopeless the situation is as well as how Leprechaun fighting Beats actually work since we never really see them doing it. There was already a lot of Willhem telling Ctholly to not fight in previous episodes, it would have been redundant if they tried to talk each other out of it again.
That said I am pretty weak to emotional drama, so it worked like a charm for me.

Two fairies murder a baby.

Can some LNfag explain the deal with Ithea? Is she technically a human?

Unless I missed some detail they only "died" as far as the military is concerned because they fell from the airship and went MIA. Willem obviously isn't dead even though the grand wizard thinks he is.

It is true that the fight had a sense of hopelessness and I think that was done quite well, but I would have preferred nobody try to stop them at all over side characters doing it. Retrospectively speaking, Ren's entire participation in the scenario was handled almost perfectly, aside from bits of redundant dialogue where characters spell out things we just saw her do (not that that kind of thing isn't pretty much expected). I actually did expect her to die and Willem diving off the airship after her was great. It was mainly Kutori that was burdened with lots of expositional dialogue and dramatic exchanges with the one other fairy and Elq, with Willem somewhere in the middle ground between the two.

AOTS

Chtolly is confirmed ded, that's why we see her reincarnation at the end. I think that Nephren is dead as well because of the scene with Ylthea at the end. It is possible that she simply went in hiding with Willhelm.
And yeah maybe one more exchange between Ctholly and Willhelm would have been nice, but at this point I think we know both characters well enough to know what's going through his mind during that scene.

Elq did nothing wrong.

Nep and Willhelm are both immortals now.

Have you guys ever notice the shadow.
The Kutori we saw in last moment was just Willems's delusion.

God I wish that was me

If I remember the LN fags correctly, happiest girl in the world is properly dead and the military recovered her badly mangled corpse while Willem and Neph are pulled into a dream or something of Willem's OG waifu turned beast for more suffering. Then they get separated and have fun with comas and being part beast but they are immortal so they get to suffer together forever.

That was you when you were a baby and you never apreciated it.

The whole series was basically about to keep exactly what was happening that episode from happening already, the dialogue was pretty redundant at that point. That's what made Nephren's part so good, since she basically left it all unsaid, and quietly went to die for the sake of the others.

As for Kutori's fate, I really can't draw conclusions on that without spoilers. I have no idea who anyone in that last scene is, if it was a flashback or what.

the ending would have been better if the anime followed the light novel better and made kotori forget about willem before she died
probably. she was a mangled corpse after all

>Willem and Neph were the true OTP
I'm actually more than okay with this.

that's kotori's senpai, so probably the scene of her birth. some user had a screencap of the episode where youngkotori sends off the blonde girl.

Not him, but I hope he means that was him, holding a naked cute baby and pulling her towards your body.
I so wish.

> Elq dreams of being Willem's blanket, loyal pet, cool friend, cold tsundere, genki pal, squabble of daughterfus and loving wife
Is it a harem if all the girls have the same soul?

> if all the girls have the same soul
What?

Is that Gondola?

Willem should have asked Suwong or Ebin Candle to fix his body so he could become the onii-sama and save everyone.

Also, Ren is precious.

You see Elq a slut and impure and lusts over Willem so much she is literally every girl in his life

She meant they are all dreams of an individual soul, not Elq being all of them.

The collar is a turn on. In this case you shouldn't neuter your pet but make lots of litters with them.

Can you imagine having to deal with a flock of little Rens all clinging to you with mama Nep. You'd die of the excessive amounts of cute.

For the last time, they was a flash back of her birth. The LN talked about that scene in the forest.

Will Willem make Nephren the world's happiest half-beast?

Easily spotted anime-onlyfag, aren't you?
FFS just go read the novels, they're right there, translated and all.

The series is a "perfect reversal".
The first scene is the END of the story.
It is only fitting to assume that the last scene will be the START of the story - where it all began.

You see Chtholly getting born there. The girl on the right is the same blonde senpai who later left her the blue brooch.

Chtholly chose to leave it on her desk, and so we later see it on Tiatt.

Here.

She changed her hairstyle a bit, but still the same long, blonde mane.

Elq Harksten was a wicked god who deserved to be slain.

Elq Harksten was a wicked cute who deserved to be hugged.

I fixed the errors in your post user. No need to thank me.

So how did humans turn into beasts? I heard it was something about the Visitors coming to earth first, finding it infested with monsters(original humanity's form) and fixing them with some curse, and it just happened to expire 500 years ago.

Read vol 4

What series is this?

fgilantranslations.com/shuumatsu-nani-shitemasu-ka-isogashii-desu-ka-sukutte-moratte-ii-desu-ka/

that's not how you hold a baby, you sick fuck.

>smiling while choking her with her tits

Ayylmaos were right, humanity deserves death

>Beasts original denizens of the planet
>Visitors wrapped them with part of their soul to fashion them into their shape
>Humanity increased too much, so the soul is stretched too thin for each individual
>The plan was for Elq to die so her soul could be used, but human technology wasn't advanced enough to shatter her soul
>Beasts break out and take the fore, wanting to return the planet back to the way it was

> It was the Humans who turned into beasts

So uh.. why were Braves out to kill the Visitors so badly?
What did they even do?

elq's guards (ebon, Jay, Carma) didn't want humans to kill elq and use her soul to re-curse themselves so they attacked the humans to try protect elq.