Can someone explain this page...

Can someone explain this page? I thought the King only has one child and his first time was with her or am I speedreading?

Other urls found in this thread:

sensescans.com/reader/read/kingdom/en/48/523/page/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He has over 9000 wifes or something, we just don't see them in the manga.

He had a son soon before with another wife. You are speedreading.

Being the king he has fucked hundreds of ladies, but kingdom is to qin shorta like the romance of the three kingdoms is to shu, wanking and praise with historical innacuracies

But unlike the wanking of shu I wouldn't like Kingdom any other way

No he's not. We didn't see it in the fucking manga. Sei was only fucking Kou for all we knew, we never saw any other girl let alone a son. It's only mentioned and that's why it causes confusion.

Historyfags are the worst.

Yes it is you fucking retard, it's said several times that different girls from the royal HAREM go to visit him on different days.

Kou herself says this, but then he starts calling her more because he likes talking to her

>It's only mentioned and that's why it causes confusion
Why does it causes confusion if it's mentioned?
Characters from the manga on numerous occasions during the siege have talked about Hei's heir and how he safely escaped before the attack on Hei's harem.
>Sei was only fucking Kou for all we knew
What the fuck, do you know how harems work?

The why was Shobunkun so surprised when the King's daughter was born and the King so embarrassed about them knowing he had sex? If he banged another girl before and got her pregnant, that shouldn't be news. Actually, the son being born should be news because that's technically the next king and the daughter is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

This.

Not to mention it's out of character for manga Sei to be fucking with other girls.

>out of character for a literal King to have concubines
Get a fucking grip. This was the norm back then, and Sei definitely has more than one; it's just that we don't ever see them because they don't matter since Kou is the love interest and will most likely become his future Queen when the time comes.

Then it's shit writing to present Rei as his first child in both Shin and Shoubonkun's eyes and then suddenly pretend he had one before.

I guess Hara finally realized that Sei not having a harem was completely unrealistic for this time and setting.

That's not the point though. He could have easily shown Sei bang some other girls and making more children. The issue is that the crown prince didn't exist when Rei was born, but then suddenly existed all along.

I didn't have an issue with it.

That's like what this entire thread is about.

The child was born in an omake

and the thread is dead. sei having a son was a non-issue since ive never seen anyone complain

Reread the OP question and then reflect on what this thread is about. You apparently have no reading comprehension.

Okay faggots. Enough of this shit, the chapter is out. This is now a chapter discussion thread.

sensescans.com/reader/read/kingdom/en/48/523/page/1

In that same vein there are always shoujo manga where the heroine is a concubine, among other concubines, but the emperor is celibate and monogamous only to her (sometimes the heroine even gets a reverse harem inside the story).
This doesn't have much to do with the thread but it still pisses me off.

Dumping

Hui or Ten?

In the chapter that grandchild is born, they mention in a side note that Sei had another child born slightly before that one. The woman who bore him that child and the child itself never show up in the manga (or at least haven't so far).

Do you think when Houken reappears, Shin will slay him once and for all? Would be nice if he became a general like that.

You only got a handful of replies in thread and it's because most Kingdom readers on Sup Forums don't think Sei having a child with another woman is odd or "out of character" since concubines and harems were the norm back then and Sei will definitely keep said concubines even after marrying. It would've been more weird if he didn't have any despite being a king.

I'm pretty sure Sei even tells Kou that other women visit his room.

>ancientl mic drop

>You
Not my thread.

>it's because most Kingdom readers on Sup Forums don't think Sei having a child with another woman is odd or "out of character" since concubines and harems were the norm back then and Sei will definitely keep said concubines even after marrying.
No, it's because Kingdom threads usually die with less than 10 replies. Stop trying to push your narrative with nonsense.

>It would've been more weird if he didn't have any despite being a king.
Once again, you're missing the point. It doesn't matter that he has other children, it's about the way Rei's and the crown prince's positions in the family were handled - Reread the part about Rei's birth.

Not so Hype Chapter. I miss Mouten and Shin. Ouhon is just a faggot with daddy issues.

I like how the author uses size to convey strength and importance.
There's another good page where Shin meets Ryo later in the series and he appears smaller, but still not smaller than Shin himself (but I can't find it).

I'm not caught up on the series but in the exact chapter that you find out she's pregnant, it is clearly stated she's the second pregnancy and someone else got pregnant first

If you don't understand why this was done, it's obviously so that he can have this romance while still accepting the historical firstborn also existed

If you can't even read the series you are supposedly reading, why not just kill yourself?

>it's obviously so that he can have this romance while still accepting the historical firstborn also existed
Why couldn't he just have the romance with his first wife?

I want to fuck Kyoukai

I hope so, Houken is shit.

Because having a daughter is cuter. I bet she gonna wanna fuck Shin next timeskip.

Because then you'd have to bring in all the importance of her child being the firstborn and stuff which detracts from the romance, it's so much easier to write a romance set in a historical event when it's an anonymous concubine and her anonymous kid rather than a historical one

>Because then you'd have to bring in all the importance of her child being the firstborn
Where is the problem in that? They already pretended that Rei would be his first with all the reactions of everyone which in retrospective make no sense when he already had a kid at that point.

>it's so much easier to write a romance set in a historical event when it's an anonymous concubine and her anonymous kid rather than a historical one
That makes honestly absolutely no sense.

Because concubines were the fucking norm back then. He probably doesn't even love them, they're basically just baby-making machines to carry on the bloodline. Kou is the only one with the real romance because if he had romance with any other of the women then it would have been shown but them not being shown just proves that they aren't important and simply there to provide children. Why is this so difficult to grasp?

Why didn't Shin fuck Hisui?
Didn't one of Sei's harem girls have a crush on him too (in the extras)?

>Because concubines were the fucking norm back then.
When did I imply anything else?

>Kou is the only one with the real romance because if he had romance with any other of the women then it would have been shown but them not being shown just proves that they aren't important and simply there to provide children.
Yes and it would have been no problem at all to make Kou bear his first son too, so what?

>Become princess' knight in shining armor
>Profit????

Basically, what I'm saying is go re-read the stuff between Sei Kyou and a young Ei Sei...if you still don't understand, then I don't know what to say

No one's saying he couldn't have used the one who had his first kid, it just wouldn't have been as easy or romantic

Because Shin is still half blank self insert and as such followes the trope of
>Giiiirls?!

Too busy murdering hundreds to get some pussy.

>go re-read the stuff between Sei Kyou and a young Ei Sei
What about it? Sei Kyou having his waifu beforehand, doesn't mean Ei Sei had one too, seeing how he claimed the throne AFTER Sei Kyou had his and then had the whole assassination shit going on.

Because Hara obviously wanted Sei to have a child with another woman considering the fact that he bothered to write it in the first place. If Kou not having the son bothers you so much then just calm down because there's still the possibility that she'll have a son herself.

I honestly don't see the big deal.

He seemed relatively cool with the idea of impregnating Kyoukai.

>I honestly don't see the big deal.
It really shows, seeing how your replies still miss what the point is about.

>it would have been no problem at all to make Kou bear his first son too
Why would he write about China, it would be no problem to do the same with any other ancient country?
Maybe he's planning to do something with that girl later. Maybe he just really wanted to do that mini-rescue arc. Maybe he just felt this way.

Pretty sure he has shown interest more than once, maybe when talking about Palace Girls with Sei, he just gets a harder erection when he is going on a murderous rampage.

>Team up with a strong man
>Climb a big mountain
>Make something explode

Well, her sister wasn't wrong

He'll fuck Hisui, You, Kyoukai, Ten, everyone.

I meant as kids

There's a whole bunch of political shit there, it's not cute, it's just children who other people want to kill and there's an implied hatred from other kids of the King that is specifically directed to the heir apparent (firstborn), being secondborn is always ideal

You can even see this in modern times with like Prince William and Prince Harry...one gets to be a celebrity who does whatever the fuck he wants with his millions and just party all the time and one has to be boring and be the face of everything as a model figure, telling the story of his firstborn would be boring and redundant since we already went through that with him

What exactly is the point? That Kou wasn't the one to have the son and you dislike that?

I assume it's just some puritanical ideas about romance

Why would you assume that Kingdom will be about the king after Sei at some point? The unification of china happens under Ei Sei historically. We won't see whatever his son will go through.

>What exactly is the point? That Kou wasn't the one to have the son and you dislike that?
That Rei was celebrated as the king's first child and then was retconed.

It doesn't even matter in that context, she's a woman, for fucks sake! Why don't you just stop your shitposting festival?

I miss best girl. RIP princess.

>It doesn't even matter in that context
>it doesn't matter that someone is shows as first born and then suddenly isn't
Take your own advise.

I just realised something, if Qin expands couldn't someone from the captured states become one of Qin's great generals too?

Possible but unlikely.

If it is someone who is known then the other generals and the state won't trust them.
If it is someone who isn't known then they would never give him the status.

it's very likely that Shin will recruit some highly skilled literal who's from other states into his unit though.

But why? Renpa was trusted by Wei and Chu from the get go after leaving Zhao just because he's so famous.

>later that day

Get fucked, i hope they capture him and feed him to Kanki.

It comes a bit outta left field, but it is mentioned later that he has other children with other concubines.

Also; holy shit a Kingdom thread.

What a time to be alive.

There can be no doubt this is one of the most outstanding manga around. It's pretty unique in its subject material and how it handles it, and it has been steadily publishing for over 10 years. Yet I almost never see anyone, anywhere talk about. It's one of the top ten manga on shit like MAL, but it often flies completely under the radar. Why is this?

It's one of the best-selling series back in nipland.

I loved Sei's "don't give a fuck" attitude in this chapter. From interrupting Riboku to yelling and declaring war with him. It was just so satisfying.

Kingdom has enough readers for threads to reach bump limit. The problem was always the readers not being on Sup Forums in particular. I'm shocked that there's 17 posters here.

I'm glad to hear that, but I almost never see it discussed by Western fans anywhere.

It's good. That's plain it. While there is Kyoukai and TenXShin fagging here and there, it doesn't actually enable any kind of waifufags into the threads and at the same time there are no ridiculous plot twists that people could shitpost about either. Basically there is nothing that could create a general on Sup Forums although it's a weekly series. It's more of a manga you consume and don't really need to discuss.

Yeah but even renpa who was one of three great heavens from zhao wasn't given a position of great general. in Wei/Chu.

The 6 great generals are completely autonomous, they can move their army however they want and wage war on whatever state they want. their armies are loyal the the general rather then the state of Qin or the King.

this will make it very unlikely that an "Outsider" from a conquered state will be given the position.

I've often wondered: Are the army sizes that keep getting thrown around in the manga at all realistic for the historical time period in China?

That is a sad reflection on what Sup Forums has become then. Or maybe it was always like this, I don't know.

It wasn't translated for the longest time.
I thinks it's been just over a year now that turnip farmers caught up to the releases.

That's probably why Ousen is keeping Shin at the back, preserving him and the unit until Houken comes out of his hiding spot.

There were 20 million people in all of china around that time, so yeah, the soldier numbers in Kingdom aren't too high compared to that.

>i heard you drove him back once, now go kill him

Y-yeah, y-you too.

Kingdom art is good, but there are still instances where the anatomy of a person is completely off. Disproportionate torsos, arms and legs that are way too long compared to the rest of the body, muscles or boobs that look like they were glued onto the character, stuff like that.

Can you post an example? I've never noticed this.

While his art is definitely not perfect, I agree, disproportions are often done in Kingdom to symbolise stuff like, importance, power, rejection etc.

What's the best character and why is it Kanki?

Sorta. it was common for armies in that time period to consist of up to several hundred thousand footsoldiers accompanied by cavalry.

but then again we are talking about 300 BC china so it's not like everything was recorded properly and numbers where most likely excgarated.

Nah, I mean if something goes wrong at one of the battlefields he'll send Shin in as clean up and one of the most probable reasons that something goes really wrong is Houken. Ousen also knows almost anyone else there would be overwhelmed by Houken and he knows Shin can at least hold out for a little while.

My favorite characters are Tou and Mouten to be honest. Kanki is cool and all, but somehow it feels like he is too perfect in his own sense.