92 Percent of Students Don’t Know Slavery Was a Central Cause of the Civil War, Report Shows

>only 8 percent of high school seniors can identify slavery as the central cause of the Civil War, according to a report released Thursday by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

>A lot of our students don't even understand the role of the North in slavery and how it benefited from slavery," Jackie Katz, a U.S. history teacher at Wellesley High School in Massachusetts, who was also on the call, said. "When they learn about the Civil War, they like to think that we in the North are the good guys. Massachusetts was the first state to abolish slavery. But then they hear about Lowell mills and they think, 'Wait a second, where were getting that cotton.'"

>"It's important that everyone understand that slavery is truly at the foundation and formation of this nation," Hasan Kwame Jeffries, associate professor of history at Ohio State University, said on a press call the center organized Thursday. "You really can't understand the American past or present without having a good grasp of the role that slavery played in this country.

>Moreover, the survey shows, states fail to set high expectations for students learning about slavery as outlined in their content standards: Of the 15 sets of state standards the center analyzed, none address how the ideology of white supremacy rose to justify the institution of slavery, most fail to lay out meaningful requirements for learning about slavery, about the lives of the millions of enslaved people, or about how their labor was essential to the American economy.

AMERICAN EDUCATION, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

archive.is/ExCLp

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition#Expulsion_of_Jews_and_repression_of_conversos
paulcraigroberts.org/2017/08/23/know-called-civil-war-not-slavery/
marottaonmoney.com/protective-tariffs-the-primary-cause-of-the-civil-war/
youtube.com/watch?v=SFwHQYDqf6c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

more like northern bankers, faggot
lincoln only made it about slavery with the help of newspapers to bolster his military with blacks since they were being crushed

>slavery the cause of the civil war
>North maintained slavery after winning

Gtfo

There's hope for the American education system after all.

>99% of Amerifaggots don't know the jews brought the niggers to america.

More black fact history brought you by your kike overlord.

Good. Fuck you kike.

>SPLC
So only 8% of students mindlessly parroted "muh slavery" when asked what the cause of the Civil War was. The rest actually gave thoughtful answers relating to the political and social climate of the time.

> Torquemada did nothing wrong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition#Expulsion_of_Jews_and_repression_of_conversos

Pretty sure cotton was the root cause

>Most students were not properly brainwashed and are ignorant of muh propaganda.
I donno, Op. Ya libs fucked up when you had the chance because you dumbed down the schools because of blacks and Mexicans, and now they didn't learn your fake history. Pretty funny, really.

How was shelling Fort Sumter about slavery?
Why did Sherman march to the sea burning shit if the war was about slavery? He should have focused on freeing slaves and sending them to the peaceful north?
How long did it take Lincoln to put his Proclamation onto effect? How many other lawmakers and generals told him this was a bad idea?

"As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free." -Lincoln letter to Horace Greeley

this. that is actually really funny. I work in a school district and see the degradation year after year

>>"It's important that everyone understand that slavery is truly at the foundation and formation of this nation,"
hurrrrr and also durrrrrr

What about the white slaves? There were far more whitey slaves than there ever were black slaves.

Also, the Civil War was only ever about states rights, and was caused entirely by crooked Democrats.

>oyyy vey 92% of students dont believe our made up history!

>92 Percent of Students Don’t Know Slavery Was a Central Cause of the Civil War
based

That's because it wasn't Lincoin could care less

that they call it a civil war and not a war of secession is bad, but I guess this is still good news

This is an obvious and ridiculous fabrication. This is Soviet-tier "forcing you to believe insultingly stupid shit just to break down your will to resist" shit

This is the kind of thing that disturbs me the most.

The MSM insisting on something that is obviously propaganda, to be true.

Insisting on it relentlessly - until it becomes popular culture, and then popular culture becomes historical canon.

Dumping billions into something to will it into existence.

If that is a fabrication, what else is? The bible? The torah? The quran?

This is why if there is a just personal god, you cannot reach him through intellect, because everything you know could be a lie.

Truth. Lincoln never even discussed the motivation to free slaves until the final year. The Civil War was about state’s rights. There were numerous financial wars going on between the use of greenbacks and state-backed currency. These instruments also cut out much of the European profiteering curing the war and is speculated to have cost Lincoln his life.

Can't erase history without erasing at least some of the guilt. It will be worth it, when we can buy and sell undocumented migrants in open markets and keep them enslaved for life, just like we used to.

The expression is "couldn't care less", retard. "Could care less" means you do care.

I concur, cunt.

It WAS about slavery, I don't understand how people think otherwise, besides deluded southerners wanting to be the victim. Most Confederate cited slavery as their primary issue in their articles of secession.

Furthermore I don't understand why the right is so determined to say that it was about "states rights". Leftists and Jews WANTED this to happen, they wanted to divorce the idea of the Republican party and anti-slavery in the minds of the American negro, and it worked great. They don't want blacks to feel like that debt where hundreds of thousands of white men died for their stupid asses needs to be paid.

>Almost all academics and historians agree that Slavery was the main cause of American civil war

>Yet, some of them still try to deny this fact

The state of American education, everyone.

>(((Jackie Katz)))

>dammit, goyim, you need more guilt.

Welcome to Sup Forums little guy! Keep lurking, but until you're 18 - you really shouldn't post yet! Thanks for respecting our rules :)

>A lot of our students don't even understand the role of the North in slavery and how it benefited from slavery," Jackie Katz

our students
(((katz)))

Because it wasn't? Sounds like 92% of students know their history.

The major plantation owners maybe but the large majority were not slave owners and the terrifs on their crops pissed them off. The North was exploiting sothern states.

English banksters and global kikes funded the south to win the war. Lincoln denied the loans from the Bank of England at 30% interest nice try

Race based slavery was present in American society for nearly 200 years prior to the Civil War. It predated the Union and so cannot be legitimately called the cause of the Union's near dissolution. The real cause of the War Between the States was the Abolition Movement.

Anti-racism divides America.

this

paulcraigroberts.org/2017/08/23/know-called-civil-war-not-slavery/

marottaonmoney.com/protective-tariffs-the-primary-cause-of-the-civil-war/

600,000 people didn't die for nignogs

I'm not blaming your average southerner of the day, but the major plantation owners, who would have happened to be major governmental players, wanted secession and cited slavery as the reason. It's in the paperwork. It was a tragedy all around but slavery was the issue.

>The North was exploiting southern states.
remarkably similar to when blacks complain about how whites were/are exploiting them and use it as an excuse

Eat shit faggot

Why would thousands upon thousands of southerners lay down their lives so rich slave owners could maintain the status quo?

Nig nogs think they're more important than they are

More news at 11

>1 post ID

hide all JIDF threads

It was all about money doesn't matter what was generating it. That is why it being the cause of the war is just more of the usual fuck wypipo narrative.

But that's correct. The central issue was states rights to sovereignty. The feds said "no"

I am arguing that it WAS about slavery, but it was probably warped either intentionally or unintentionally into a regionalism/loyalty type thing for your average southerner, which I can't blame them for.

t. retard

desu
who cares

It literally wasn't about slavery faggot

>People are waking up from the propaganda.

Well slavery wasn't the direct cause but it was still central.

The red pill is that congress enacted laws that determined all current US territories would be slave free and all future US states would be "free states" rather than slave states. The south felt their states rights would be infringed by this because eventually 75% of the country would be free states and ratify a constitutional amendment banning it, or simply through social pressure cause slave states to abolish it.

So they seceeded, then fired on the North (and yet they call it the war of northern aggression in the South) which was the ultimate cassus belli, to answer for firing on fort sumter, and to keep the union. But the South seceeded to preserve slavery, so slavery was still an underlying cause.

In Northeastern States they teach that the Yankees were the heros fighting the war to end Slavery

In the South they teach that it was about states rights, and downplay slavery as much as possible in the reasons for why the war happened.

In the west, they teach about the legislative actions that attempted to contain slavery to the states it was already legal in, and how the South objected to that, and seceded and how the war was ultimately just to maintain US clay from a rebellion. There was no high moral ground about it.

As with most things in history where you have 2 opposing sides trying to make themselves look like the good guys, you have to read between the lines to find the truth.

yeah but whichever way you spin it slavery was central to this money making process, either the presence or absence of it in the different economies at the time

They make it seem like either side cared about niggers and it was some spiritual movement of good. When it was all about money no matter how it was made.

>It was all about money doesn't matter what was generating it
>it doesn't matter what started the war
but that's literally the topic here

>That is why it being the cause of the war is just more of the usual fuck wypipo narrative.
That's where the right fucked up, they let it get warped by Jews and communists into a "fuck wypipo" narrative. There was a reason blacks voted heavily Republican after the war, they felt indebted. We should have preserved it so they were saying "thank god for white people, who ended slavery both in America and across the world". But instead we went with "muh states rights"

It was only a Civil War after Lincoln illegal Federalized state forces and attacked the south.

>They make it seem like either side cared about niggers and it was some spiritual movement of good

it very much was for many people, you need to read up on the attitudes of people at the time. They actually did believe they were doing God's work ending slavery, or just trying to adhere to enlightenment principles

In a way this is good, as they have not had their minds crammed with zog meme history. Bye slavery wasn’t the central cause of the civil war.

slaves were released to disrupt the south, the war its self had nothing to do with slaves what the fuck

This is propaganda to bring it to peoples minds, normies all think the civil war was about slavery youll never find one who says it was about anything but

Thats really funny because slavery wasnt outlawd until the end of the civil war after a southern leader refused lincolns threat of "give up now or after I win Ill outlaw slavery".
if lincoln wasnt such a salty bitch then slavery would still be legal.

>attacked the south

the South attacked Fort Sumter first dixietrash.

Slavery was abolished in 1865.

Is this a reverse "if hitler didn't want war why did he spend money on the military"?

>muh slavery build dis country
>the north without slaves beat the south
>the north was richer then, and is richer now

fuck hasan kwame

People really just don't have any idea about the centrality of international Judaism to slavery in america. Why the very first and major companies that transported slaves from africa were jewish!

This shows American education is working. Slavery was NOT a central cause of the civil war

This.

This!

>American students too stupid and vapid to properly brainwash

Many things were fought on that war.

>So they seceeded, then fired on the North (and yet they call it the war of northern aggression in the South) which was the ultimate cassus belli, to answer for firing on fort sumter, and to keep the union.

>Be Confederacy
>Order foreign military to leave your territory
>They refuse
>Open fire
>Foreign military proceeds to wage a long, bloody war against you in response when all you want is to be left alone
>150 years later everyone believes you're the bad guy

I remember my AP US History teacher back in the made sure we understood that it was not about the slaves, and was about states rights, and he went over how freeing the slaves was a convenient political afterthought.
My teacher read drudge report every day and was a conservative Jewish guy.

It wasn't, it was about kikes and money. Like all wars.

No because Hitler caused the war by invading Poland. Poland didn't shoot first. That's why Hitler wanted war, because he straight up invaded a neighboring nation.

The aggressor is the side firing the first shots. The South fired the first shots at Fort Sumter, which was US Army land. Hence The South were the aggressors in the war.

Slavery was a central cause of secession. It was not a central cause of the Civil War. The Union didn't set out to conquer the Confederacy to end slavery.

Are we breaking the conditioning?

It was at least 5% of the cause. That qualifies as a central cause.

I once watched a documentary on US civil war and they asked nigs what was the civil war about. they all said slavery. Then they asked a bunch of southerners and they all went mental gymnastic mode and and were like "you know, more rights and freedom and stuff"

>Katz and Hasan Kwame Jeffries

hmmmm... really gets the noggin joggin

Ok, he invaded so what? What are you implying that they did that was evil or what ever? Do the Romans get the same treatment?

when you are the best country in the world but also the laughing stock for other people about your current level of education

>"Don't arm that fort. It makes us believe you want to go to war with us."
>"What are you gonna do, SHOOT US?"
Looks like a War of Northern Aggression to me.

Slavery was the central cause for secession, secession + an attack on the US Military were the central cause for the war... so Slavery is still central to the war, as an UNDERLYING cause. But yes the war wasn't fought to free the slaves as the US let Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Missouri, and Kentucky keep slaves until the ratification of the 13th amendment.

When I was in school, slavery was mentioned, but it was to prove the point that it wasn't about slavery.

I remember my teacher making all of us repeat this:

"THE CIVIL WAR WAS ABOUT STATES' RIGHTS, NOT SLAVERY! THE CIVIL WAR WAS ABOUT STATES' RIGHTS, NOT SLAVERY!"

Went to a shitty public in east Texas, graduated 2007.

Theyre right though. The civil war wasnt about slavery. The north wanted to integrate niggers into american society and the south wanted to send the slaves back to africa. Neither one wanted slavery. The idea that the civil war was caused because the racist south wanted niggers in their homes is retarded and hypocritical. What racist man wants to own niggers? None! The south wanted the kikes in the government to send niggers back to africa but the kikes in the governmwnt told everyone the south wanted to keep niggers as slaves. The north are the ones who kept niggers as slaves.

No he did care. Lincoln hated blacks wanted to see slavery gone and all of them shipped back to africa

That's the same mental gymnastics democrats use, stop it.
>If you buy a gun you're planning on committing a mass shooting

It's a US army base that has not been ordered abandoned and is now isolated, of course they're going to reinforce it and supply it. That's US army clay.

>Hitler moving east to go after communist monkeys means he wants war with everything to the west of Germany
that logic

Yeah generally invading another country without cause is considered a bad thing. Most people consider us the bad guys in the Iraq war.

Fpbp. Slavery was just a convenient red herring to Lincolns federalist ambission. Remember he wanted to ship blacks back to Africa after the war. Why fight a war to free Blacks only to ship them off?

The report is bullshit, since the majority of teachers are strictly textbook which devotes entire sections to ingratiating it into you that it was about slavery. The only teacher that went all out to actually teach just so happened to have had tenure.

The teach I mentioned above was great in that regard. He mentioned slavery but started going on to how it was mainly utilized as a propaganda tactic to ensure that britain wouldn't enter the war aiding the south. He covered all the varying reasons and encouraged a socratic debate between the students to reach what the students felt was a more consensus starting thema for the reasoning of the war.

It was tariffs on the south and fighting for states right. Only 15% of the workforce was in the south. The North had the economic advantage.
Slaves were a states right issue. But it was primarily the tariffs, because let's not forget the the war for US independence from Britain was over a 2% tax increase.
But this shows they're doing a poor job indoctrinating children.

>The north litterally had slave states that stayed in the union and fought against the confederacy
>"I-I-IT WAS ABOUT SLAVERY GOYIM!!!!"

It was about the growing cultural and economic differences, slavery was part of it but it wasn't all of it. The entire structure of the Northern and Southern states from the ground up was different, which caused animosity long before slavery was cared about.

Yeah it's the South that tries to downplay slavery and pretend they were the good guys.

Truth is there was no good guys.

Not the invading part because we could of done actual good after invading but best ally and all.

... uh.. that's patently wrong. The South wanted to keep slaves, the North wanted slavery gone but wasn't sure what to do with them afterwards. Lincoln himself was in favor of colonization, sending them all to Liberia.

the central cause of secession was rich and developed northern territories hording money and equipment and leaving nothing for the south that was still taxed to send their money north