Americans claim to be Italian, never been to Italy, don't speak a word of Italian

>Americans claim to be Italian, never been to Italy, don't speak a word of Italian
>Americans claim to be German, never been to Germany, don't speak a word of German
>Americans claim to be Dutch, never been to the Netherlands, don't speak a word of Dutch
>Americans claim to be Polish, never been to Poland, don't speak a word of Polish
>Americans claim to be Hungarian, never been to Hungary, don't speak a word of Hungarian

The mutt meme is dumb because most white Americans aren't mixed, but how is this meme untrue?

>tfw 1/2 german
>tfw i speak german
>tfw my brother speaks german
>tfw my brother has been to germany

idk why talking about where your relatives are from makes you faggots sperg out so hard

AMERican are dumb

>Race is the same thing as nationality
This meme must die

My ancestors were English, I speak English.
Now go fuck yourself.

>but how is this meme untrue?
because by that logic an african born in any of those countries that speaks their language would be one of them

Cool?

No one is "sperging", I'm just pointing out that Americans do this and we're right to be mocked for it.

No one said race and nationality were the same thing. I was pointing out that white Americans always claim their ethnic heritage as their primary identity when they've never left this country and can't speak the language of whatever they're claiming and know nothing of the culture.

"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all … The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic … There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else." - Teddy Roosevelt, 1915

I consider myself an American first over all. Who cares about Europe. I have more in common with native americans, we were both born and raised in these lands.

If an African were born in Romania and spoke Romanian and said they felt Romanian, that's perfectly normal.

Now, if that African had parents or grandparents from Nigeria and they claimed to be Nigerian even though they can't speak Yoruba or Igbo, have never been to Nigeria, and are, full all intents and purposes, Romanian, it would be fucking stupid for them to claim to be Nigerian or feel Nigerian.

Q predicted this

That guy was a huge fag and you can both fuck off.

You confuse the two in your post. By being German, one can either mean he is from Germany or of German descent. You don't need to be from German to be a member of the race. Nor do you need to be a true aryan to be German in the sense of nationality

You don't have to spoke a word of a country for being racially from this country.
Neither have been in that country.

>mfw I claim to be Spaniard, and I CAN actually speak Spanish.

K pachanga, buey.

>If an African were born in Romania and spoke Romanian and said they felt Romanian, that's perfectly normal.

Are you crazy?

No it wouldn't. They wouldn't be Romanian by blood

>Inadvertently reveals self as shill
TR was more of a fucking badass than you'll ever be Shlomo.

Would you have dared to storm San Juan hill wit a second-rate rifle accompanied by half-trained militiamen?

Why is that crazy? There are plenty of Africans and Arabs, born and raised in France, who consider themselves to be Frenchmen.

I'm not confusing anything. White Americans very often do claim to be a certain ethnicity when they have nothing to do with said ethnicity.

Yes, your ancestors came here from Germany 500 years ago. Yeah, I guess you're "technically" German because you have German ancestry. But shouldn't you be calling yourself an "American" by now?

He was a rich queer and all of his dashing and daring was set up by the press as publicity stunts. The San Juan charge was also made up and contemporary soldiers say he never led a charge or did anything more than suck dick in an officers tent well behind the lines.

If you put 50 millions Africans in Romania, it's not Romania anymore but another country.

I'm not talking about blood. In fact, I'm talking about the exact OPPOSITE of blood. Yeah, you may have Portuguese blood, but if you've never been to Portugal, know nothing of Portuguese customs or traditions, and don't speak Portuguese, why do you go around telling everyone you're Portuguese? Just say you're American.

I would consider myself a full-blooded American, but I would be fighting for groups of people in this country that I despise.

until the americans join the commonwealth and officially recognise their history and ties to britain, they're far more exposed and vulnerable to subversion. when your nation is founded around a fucking piece of paper, it's destined to fail.

What does that have to do with anything? I was pointing out that if a person of African stock was born and raised in Romania, spoke Romanian and only Romanian, lived and worked and was educated in Romania and only Romania and told me that they felt Romanian and were Romanian, that would be perfectly acceptable.

Now, if they went out of their way to try and tell me that their ancestors were from Somalia and that they were Somali despite never going to Somalia and knowing nothing of Somalia and not speaking Somalia, I would say "Yeah, you're of Somali descent, but you've spent your entire life in Romania. You're Romanian."

>Beta soyboy cucking
Don't project your failures and insecurities onto the great men of history. It's unbecoming.

I am an Italian American(1st generation, mother came over in 1953). I don't speak fluent but have been to my family's village three times and actually owned the home there that my Great Grandmother was born in. Thank God I sold that shit before they started importing refugees

Sure but only by sense of nationality.

>1/2 German
topkek the 56% meme was an overestimation. They're only 50% white now

If you want real American heroes look at Johnny Appleseed, Davy Crockett, Paul Bunyan or Andrew Jackson. Teddy was a fairy

You said that being of a country = being of a culture.
The question is where this culture come from?

>1/2 german

>frican Americans

>nationalities are now ethnicities.

I said that if you were born and raised in America, only speak English, and have never been to the country of your ancestors, why are you claiming to be anything other than American?

I'm of Macedonian descent and I never tell anyone "I'm Macedonian", I just say "I'm American", the only time the issue comes up is when someone asks what kind of name I have. Then I tell them it's Macedonian and they ask me what that is.

Most people around where i live have grand or great grandparents still in europe and go see them or they come see them on a regualr basis, just a mostly white suburb thing?

Dumbfuck, you can be ethnically Portuguese/Spanish/Italian/Greek/Hungarian, but if you were born and raised in America, only speak English, and have never been to the country of your ancestors and know nothing but America, aren't you an idiot for claiming to be Portuguese/Spanish/Italian/Greek/whatever?

You're an American with whatever heritage, that's all.

Mostly because they see American as not tying to any ethnic backround or any racial backround since America is a rotting corpse of a "melting pot"

my 2 cents.

>MUH BASED ROOSEVELT

Are you literally an 11-year-old American schoolboy?

Neck yourself

I'm American, but my ancestors came from Yugoslavia. How is that hard to understand?

Only free white men of good character can be American.

You being a Turkish rapebaby of a serf negates that. Sorry.

>be american descended from midwestern german farmers
>during ww1 ancestors are forced to stop speaking german and drop old customs
>find bibles and prayer books from great grandparents years after they had passed, all in german
>books are the only remains of ancestral culture, everything else replaced with american consumerism
thanks america

So if a subsaharan African couple moved to china, had a son, and that son spent his whole life in China, speaking Chinese, and observing Chinese customs, he's Chinese? You're a Fucking retard, i thought you should know.

>Hurr durr u Americunt?
Fuck off, Ahmed.

Only children try to galvanize an autistic landwhale with asthma

To truly be considered English, you must fluently speak Mid English, Early Middle English, Old English, and all previous forms of the language. Good day.

But really, what is a burger like you doing in bongland?

Many such cases. Sad!

Be that as it may, he isn't wrong; there's no use holding on to hyphenisms when those cultures are lost on us. We're just American and should identify as such, doesn't make us any more less European to do so

>How is that hard to understand?

Good God, you people are fucking thick.

I'm from the former Yugoslavia, too. But I don't go around claiming to be Macedonian, I just say I'm American. I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about: I used to work with a woman, typical American woman, only speaks English, never been outside of the US, but she is of Italian descent. She would constantly say things like "Us Italians, we age well, don't we?", "You know us Italians, we're loud!", "I'm Italian, I can't help it!", "I'm Italian, you know we eat a lot", this is the shit I'm talking about. This is what Sup Forums mocks us for. Everyone around the office wanted to scream "SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU'RE NOT FUCKING ITALIAN"

Yeah, she has Italian ancestry, but she was born and raised here, doesn't speak Italian, and irritated the shit out of everyone by going on and on about being Italian.

I was born in Macedonia, I speak Macedonian, I have never one told anyone I'm anything other than American. The only time I've ever said I'm Macedonian is when someone asks what kind of name I have.

The only one to blame for that is your ancestors. If they wanted to remain German they shouldn't have came here. My great grandfather came from Germany before ww1 and taught himself English and assimilated into the American Anglo culture.

Stop being such a cringey fucking faggot dude

When these claims are made in an american context it is in reference to ethnicity. If an an American says "I'm German" its in reference to his ancestors being German, there are no 'Germans' in America. This is semantic bullshit

Yes, he's Chinese. By ethnicity? No. By culture and customs and language? Yes.

Italian people politely ask that you kill her with fire

Lolwut? Pic related, Mohammed.

I could ask what a Kebab like you is doing in the Land of the Vikings.

Listen here you turbo nigger, where the fuck do you get off on dictating who's part of what tribe?

Only Americans believe in magic dirt

nah suck my cock yid

>The only time I've ever said I'm Macedonian is when someone asks what kind of name I have.
I know the feel, my surname's Slovene

I'm an American.

White American is redundant

DELET

Bruh, most white americans are mixed german and english. That is literally the definition of american ethnicity.

Besides, I've visited all of the lands of my ancestors

What confused you? The word galvanize? If you only speak one fucking language, I at least expect you to be competent at it.

Just speak Urdu if it makes you more comfortable, Mahnoor

das ist falsch..... ich bin deutsch... arschloch

>German

Ain't nothing German about you cancerous sacks of shit

Or Irish/Scots-Irish

/thread

If Italians age well, then an Italian couple moving to America, and having a child, does not magically negate the rate at which the child will age. The child is Italian by blood, and thus subject to the quirks unique to Italian DNA, whether they be likelihood of having certain diseases, likelihood of liking spicy foods, and what have you.
As you've been told multiple times, you're confusing nationality and genetics. I'm beginning to think it's on purpose.

Having said that, I have met gutter trash, trailer park dwellers who claim their family back in Ireland owns a castle. This is completely different.

So people who moved here at various points from England and Germany... weren't English or German? That user was saying Americans are their own ethnic group, calm down with the autism

>What confused you>
The word salad, Ali, the word salad.
I wouldn't expect a shitskin to be able to speak a human language, though, so don't worry.

>"Us Italians, we age well, don't we?", "You know us Italians, we're loud!", "I'm Italian, I can't help it!", "I'm Italian, you know we eat a lot"
Guineas haven't fully assimilated yet, give it 20 years and this shit will be dead

No one in China will care how well he speaks Mandarin, or how well he bows, or how much he loves Mao, he will never be Chinese.

wir sind verwandte geister....deutsch amerikaner sind deutsch.... unless your not and your a coal burning leftist faggot antifa whore

im 1/16th german and have been to germany

am i german or do i have to apply for refugee status like mohammed?

So what's an american? Does that include every shitskin who hopped over here or on a diversity visa? It means nothing and you can't build a nation based on multiculturalism.

>That use of commas

I was truly right about you being a child. Go to bed, tomorrow's a school day

>T. Muhammad living in Denmark for gibs

>Various points from Germany and England

You don't even have a clue about your own immigration history and I'm supposed to take you seriously.

Yes, he is an American retard. They actually believe this crap because they don't know any better in this mongrel multiracial corporate empire.

fugee stats now!!!! sie sind ungefahr so deutsch wie ihre flagge

My ancestor was an Italian mercenary & was exiled from Italy, since I have documents of him & my family, the Italian government will recognize me as a full citizen if I were to apply for citizenship right now.

Also, I speak Italian. Nice try, mutt.

The T is supposed to be lowercase, redditor

You simultaneously reject identity from american's "magic dirt" and their identity from european ethnicity. Either there are semantic misunderstandings or what you believe is contradictory .

>I'm beginning to think it's on purpose.

No, you're all just pretending not to know what I'm talking about. If a person was born and raised in America, was culturally American, only speaks English, has never ventured outside of America and prattled on endlessly about how Italian they were despite knowing nothing of Italy or speaking Italian, what would your reaction be?

"Yes, you are very Italian."

or

"Dude .... stop. You're American. You're making me fucking cringe with that shit."

I wonder what your reaction would be between the two.

He's of African descent, but knows nothing but China and only speaks Chinese. What does that make him? Yes, he's not ethnically Chinese, no one is disputing this, you fucking idiot. But he's culturally Chinese, it's the only country he knows.

I'm on your side with this one, friend.
My (and Teddy's) argument is that Americans (who are by definition White) should call themselves Americans, not X-Americans.
I don't call myself a Nordo-Celtic Englishman.

This is what I said, but verbose.

will never stop seeing the humor in retarded white bitches claiming recent Indian ancestry

>Criticises correct use of commas
Kebab LARPing as human confirmed.

I only object to your magic dirt when you try to apply it to the globe, brainlet

You must be a mutt if you say that.

americans are the people closely related to physically and genetically to the people who wrote the constitution and fought in their most prominent wars as the majority racially

You can still have a connection to your heritage, not everyone has the time to learn a new language or travel to diffetent countries. Someone who is truly proud will take the time to do at least one of those things. I guess I'm saying that I half agree with you, but you sgould really calm down.

I agree to some extent, but i don't believe that white america is not one nation to the same degree that England is.

>Americans (who are by definition White
That has not been true since 1848.

>Correct use of commas

Do you even comprehend what a linguistic can of worms you just opened there, Hamza? Probably not, being inbred and all.

>Also, I speak Italian. Nice try, mutt.

I speak Macedonian, both of my parents are Macedonian, I don't fucking make people uncomfortable by talking endlessly about how Macedonian I am.

But I bet you tell people you're Italian within the first five seconds of meeting them.

Jutlanders aren't Germans, either, faggot.