FLCL 2017

Thoughts? Expectations?

Disappointed we didn't get a date for episode 1.

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7mDEclKxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that the Flip Flappers guy is the mecha designer, not the director.

>Youjo Senki director and Studio NUT
Oh boy.

The new characters looked so boring...

I like the idea of featuring young directors on board the project. Hopefully they're given the creative freedom to express themselves. The coloring in the trailer looks inferior to the original's though. FLCL was digitally coloured too, why couldn't they just follow the original colour direction? The new style looks contemporary in a bland way.

Thank god we won't have 2 more seasons of teenage angst.

i'm already hard for haruko

>flcl
>floppy colly

But whats is there to show ? FLCL was 5 episodes but it close the ;story;

>Disappointed we didn't get a date for episode 1.
we did though.

No Mamimi NO buy

>thoughts
Don't care
>expectations
That it's an uninspired cash grab

FURI KURI KURAAAAAAA

>2017
You mean 2018?

I dunno, she's not that bad. I expect she'll get a bit more expressive and colorful by the end of season 2.

It looks like they're going the route of making a female version of Noata from season 1. I was hoping she'd look more dorky, but she captures the essence of "teenager not knowing how to fit in" by wearing those ridiculous headphones

I can't handle it being bad. I can't handle more disappointment in my life.

>Female protagonist

No thanks.

>you will never Fooly Cooly with Haru-chan

feels like this are too much for a mortal man

They should have gotten Imiashi/Trigger to do it instead of that Flip Floppers idiot.

Girl protagonist means more girl pajamas.

Trigger is fucking trash and that hack Imaishi should stick to drawing only.

>Liking girls

>Trigger is fucking trash
This is correct.

I'm stoked the pillows will be back, gonna need the name of that song from the trailer so I can loop that shit forever

KYS

Why does FLCL fill me with melancholy everytime I watch it?

>Being a literal homosexual

Because it's about growing up and the death of innocence.

because you know it could have been so much better

is he gaku

Fine by me, it won't change FLCL, and we get more content of something we enjoyed, if it's crap then it's crap and i'll forget about it. In the case that it's terrible i won't have to worry about making a distinction between the seasons since they've added numbers to the titles.

That said, the MC looks bland, everyone else's design looks FLCLish. I don't expect we'll get the same level of animation we got form the original.

Such is the case for all coming of age works watched or read during those ages.

How hard is this going to pander to westerners?

I'm expecting LWA-tier pandering.

Honestly, as much as I love the idea of more content for stuff I like, more often then not these revival projects tend to disappoint more than satisfy since expectations tend to be so high

Really, user?
There's must be a fucking reason why I.G doesn't do a collab with neither Khara nor Trigger.
My guess is I.G can buy this FLCL rights under certain conditions from Gainax.

Is FLCL as famous in Japan as it in here?

No.

We know next to nothing about it, excited but waiting until we get a proper trailer.

It was a simpler time back then

>That said, the MC looks bland, everyone else's design looks FLCLish.

Anyone else think she was designed so bland on purpose and will slowly become more FLCLish like the rest of the characters as the series goes forward?

thanks for the ninamo bro

You're a high-level patrician. You're able to engage with the material on a deeper level than all of the plebeians who say it's just random nonsense.

>Anyone else think she was designed so bland on purpose and will slowly become more FLCLish like the rest of the characters as the series goes forward?
My instinct told me this, but i don't want to get hurt anymore.

I fucking hope.

I wish [AS] staffs spying on us here so they could order IG to edit MC's design. It's still not too late.

See
Flip Floppers director only doing mechanical design, they're collab with Youjo senki staff(from the staff listing, IG will make FLCL 2, NUT will make FLCL 3).

I am bursting at the seams with both excitement and worry. Haruko has been my waifu for a while, and now I'm elated to see her beautiful face again. But worried they'll simultaneously ruin the story.
Also couldn't stop smiling when they said The Pillows are doing an all new score for it, just fantastic.

>NUT will make FLCL 3
Completely? Haven't they learned from Psycho Pass S2 with Tatsunoko?
What about the previous news with BONES?

>FLCL 2017
Wait what. I havent heard shit about flcl since 2 years ago. I didnt think it was coming until 2020 at the earliest and your telling me its this year

I think will be mainly, not completely.

If I were Harukofag, I'll be just exited since IG didn't fuck her up.
She looks just like 17 years ago.

I missed the panel, but the japanese version of the teaser says it will be a movie or it will be treated as such as it will be shown in cinemas around Japan. Did they said something about it?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7mDEclKxU

If they don't have many different animators for each episode, what's the point?

>samurai jack 2017
>flcl 2018
>? 2019

what will be adult swim's next major revival?

Reminder two girls in Naota's high school want his dick and got close to getting it and you're still jacking off to cartoons.

Cowboy Beebop

Big O Season 3

I was thinking that actually, considering adult swim helped with space dandy

Samurai Champloo

best american anime right here

>The Pillows

I'm in.

This is sincerely one of the things I am happiest about. She looks amazing after so very long, sure it looks cleaner with different shading but I'm 100% ok with that since I've been grabbing low res screenshots from the anime for the past years.
I caught the stream on periscope, interestingly enough Maki Terashima slipped up and called it a "movie" at one point. Maybe it's just a terminology thing, maybe they'll just premier the first on theaters.

>helped
They were on a sponsor list they were directly funding it or producing it like what they're doing with FLCL 2 and FLCL 3. They did the same thing with 2nd Gig.

I never watched original FLCL what should I do?

What's FLCL3 about?

why are a lot of anons here saying this is a cashgrab?
i thought the original flopped in japan and only became somewhat known in the west because adult swim airs it all the time

Kill your self then watch it.

It's six episodes, you can finish it today so why not do it.

Was FLCL more popular in the West than it was in Japan?

Either way, I'm having trouble holding back tears hearing the Pillows again, super pumped

I will do this
Not this

Apparently it was not popular is Japan at all.

Japan confirmed shit taste

>that fucking 3rd season
>that episode where you find the librarian was obsessed with eggs because her mom had her made surgically infertile as a child
>the nurse has been subjected as a sex toy her whole life that her only real company is stuffed bear
>the girl who gives herself a coathanger abortion

That show really went dark at the end

Im ready for Haruko to get what's coming to her and get the shit beaten out of her again.
That smug grin at the end nearly gave me an aneurysm

>why are a lot of anons here saying this is a cashgrab?

Because Sup Forumsutists think everything is done with evil intentions. They can't fathom that a revival is anything more than fanservice and a quick buck.

Haruko did nothing wrong. Medical Mechanic and Atomsk are the real villains here.

Yeah but I saw it in 2003 and got laid at 16 so suck my balls.

Nobody asked for a sequel, let alone two.

Mai Hime, but it will happen in 2018 as series and 2019 as movie

Haruko is literally just Atomsk without the power (we don't even know that, we know Atomsk has the power but we don't necessarily know if he's evil or not).
Haruko would annihilate everything for her own gain. She almost does if Naota didn't borrow Atomsk's power

The best part is that this is so shit even the pillows sound like shit now. god I hope this flops so bad it puts ig out of business.

user, he has a bandage on his head. It doesn't take fucking sherlock to figure out who that is.

It all comes together.

how will they ruin haruko Sup Forums

>puts ig out of business.
Heh, nice joke.

They will try to capture the broadest strokes of her character, making her into some kind of flanderized version of herself

She'll fall in love and get married to someone that isn't me

Still not really feeling it. There's no need for this to be related to FLCL - it could just be an original production.

I think some of the characters looked alright, and the robot thing was fine, but the artstyle is nothing special and certainly not FLCL-esque

Yeah it will be me

Are The Pillows returning?

Kill yourself.

Did you not listen to the PV? Or see their fucking names getting their own title card?

The sequel nobody wanted. When will they learn?

PV is blocked in my region. Didn't see shit.

Twatter & Jewbook are blocked in your region?

that face is genuinely horrifying

Its a soft reboot, not a sequel

Because you have a shit current life and somehow the message of growing up upsets you.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved FLCL And I do actually "get it" but my nostalgia for it never goes past it being a cool show I watched. Maybe because even at 13 I realized I'd rather play card games and video games with friends than be cool

No, but they decided this video shouldn't been seen in my country. Are you unfamiliar with those sites and their practices?

after seeing the pv the only thing that is making me mad is no ninamori

How new are you? Not to Sup Forums but to the internet in general.