They don't even look like they're from the same show

They don't even look like they're from the same show.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yhW81Ekacf4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is the right just footage from the original FLCL?

It was shown in the new trailer for S2, so I'm assuming not.

No, it's a brand new animation.

This image triggers me, and makes he hate the mc so much.

>takkun cat
>baseball
I CLAPPED

link to S2 trailer?

youtube.com/watch?v=yhW81Ekacf4

wow looks better than I expected

amazed they got The Pillows to do soundtrack again

and adult swim seems to be involved at least tangentially, good for them

also there's a s3 too? what?

My thoughts exactly.

>left
I thought it was a ReLife special.

It's not like they disappeared. They're still cranking shit out on the regular, like, an album every year or two.

Hell, they're not completely absent from anime either. They did the ED for the Sket Dance anime.

Yfw it's a plot point

Isn't Adult Swim hosting the English dub? They give a lot of leeway to their content creators for the most part which is nice, especially if you're doing an action show or something like FLCL.

And yeah, hearing The Pillows gave me gossebumps.

>cat ear headphones

That better be Ninamori.

It was from an interview said original character designer sakamoto only did some characters, others are designed by another guy.

Adult Swim basically commissioned FLCL2 and FLCL3
It didnt really do that well in the East but it did phenomenally well in the West

found it

I still think Adult Swim could make big bucks if they ran subbed anime one night a week. There's a huge market of people who have that channel but wouldn't ever watch dubbed anime.
Maybe just simulcast the noitaminA block or something.

If they actually make a point of a 2010's A1-lookin character being shocked by a early 2000's old school character's appearance, I'll be so happy. I want them to do something with the clash between old and new.

You guys are so use to consistent art-styles that you forgot that some directors change their art-style during certain scenes. This is all that's happening, the style is changing when Right shows up to signify something.

>Those headphones
>Wearing them in school

Come on. Such a merchandise cashgrab it's pathetic.

>EU POPULATON print on the wall

fuck this shit up

If it weren't for the fucking obnoxious looking headphones then I'd be 100% on board with this.

And if they did they would be accused of sameface

>hurrr it'z a cashgrab

God you people are faggots

The girl looks so fucking boring and shitty I have to assume it's intentional and has a deeper meaning beyond shit. At least the Pillows are back.

Character designer is still Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Royal Space Force: The Wings of HonnĂȘamise, Gunbuster, Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, Neon Genesis Evangelion, FLCL, the Rebuilds of Evangelion, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Wolf Children, and the Neon Genesis Evangelion manga that was serialized between 1994 and 2013), so I think that the subdued color palette is definitely intentional.

>haruko comes back from space just the same as when she left
>new kids shes trying to use and abuse are anime steroetypes from current year
>hilarity ensues

why is this confusing to you retards

I still can't understand why so many of you get so angry at bad revivals.

I've seen some of my favorite childhood series receiving lame / uninteresting / outright terrible modern sequels / revivals and my only answer has always been "meh". What's the point of being mad at something unimportant?

Fuck off. Naota looked fairly normal compared to the rest of the characters too and her design is classic Sadamoto God i hate when faggots bitch for the sake of bitching

>why is this confusing to you retards
>you retards

You just answered your own question.

They're making an assumption that it will be bad based on a short trailer full of quick cuts with no real context. I would love it if this was to FLCL what Diebuster is to Gunbuster

Naota had bright clothing and an expressive face. I hope the new girl opens up more instead of looking indifferent for the whole story.

Fuck off triggerfag, go suck off aniplex's dick

wow lol sounds epic

You can look normal and still have a good design. She looks like shit user, I don't care who designed her, she looks boring and forgettable. I actually had to scroll up and look at her again to remember what she looked like while I was replying to this.

Even considering the artstyle, Naota's design/silhouette is much more memorable than this girl, who looks like generic LN girl adaption 41675 'now with cat headphones'

Only hoping that they're doing it intentionally for comedic purposes.

This shit looks bad and unnecessary.

Dangerous to have Americans on charge of Anime

xD ikr

Different atmosphere and emphasis.

She does look completely out of place, as if she wondered in from some other anime.

Well I didn't have high expectations to begin with, so can't say I'm all that disappointed.

There going to be a scene like with Ninamori where she takes off the headphones, only to reveal that they are actually ear muffs.

Oshiyama being on the staff is the only thing that even excites me at all about this.

I'm pretty sure most of the people that prefer subs over dubs would just download their anime to watch it. Plus, they'd probably alienate more of their audience than attract since I'm almost positive most of them prefer dubs to subs. Still, Adult Swim is pretty good with their dubs. I actually prefer the English Space Dandy over the Japanese ones.

Naota was an extremely "normal" protag.

If our protag for this is some borderline autistic girl that thinks she can get away with those headphones (they're real and sold commonly in the US), maybe she'll be relatable for some people as well

The problem isn't the design it's the style.
Naota and the others had a rather normal design but the FLCL/Gainax style, you can see them and their expressions and know that they aren't from a generic show. This girl here could be from almost every fucking anime ever and her drawing style is completely different from Haruko.

The girl on the left reminds me of Ueno.
Fucking picked up.

She honestly looks like a background character. Not very creative desu.

If this season isn't an elaborate metaphor for puberty from a female perspective I'm gonna fucking lose it.

Because faggots need something to overact.

diebuster was kinda disappointing desu senpai

What's the point of these dumbass headphones anyway
>Headphones are made for personal listening so no one else hears your music
>Speakers are made for sharing music with everyone
>Speaker quality is probably shit
>Whoever buys these is probably listening to weeb music so no one wants to here it anyway

No, that looks way cleaner.

Was I the only one expecting the main girl to be like the same age as Naota or something?

I was expecting middle school second year to high school first year.

Because we never see a shot with her drawn head on with two nostrils and the only shot where she has any expression she's way in the background. Most of the other characters have shots that look fine stylistically though. And I'm sure we'll get some exaggerated expression from her at some point. I'm not worried.

Is this shit really necessary? The art does not even look good, it looks like a generic design

They're a fashion accessory.

When you're too cool to talk to people but you want them to see you listening to things that aren't them.

Was the first FLCL necessary?

Worst case it's shitty and the first FLCL is still awesome. Best case we get more awesome FLCL.

>Adult Swim basically commissioned FLCL2 and FLCL3
Aaaand dropped.
Anime commisioned by America? No thank you

Is that Haruko's son or something on the right or have I just figured out why modern computers making keeping track of your character's head size so you don't have to just draw whatever looks good to make it fit is going to make this awkward and offputting to watch for people who got used to watching anime on Adult Swim before you could pause every frame and make funny memes with deformed betweens.

Jesus. We already know about that since the first announcement project, pleb.

lol what? Is this some kind of shitty "manface" argument?

Aren't you gonna drop this because he's in on it?

The headphones are the least of that guy's problems.