youtube.com/watch?v=-6ElFng6kT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was surprised by this
I thought the player didn't have an avatar

In game they don't

Yeah that is what I mean
Interesting that they choose a shota

Bad I think
I haven't played the game but the moment that faggot showed up I thought "THIS is their leader?"

>they're all males
dropped.

>not a faceless older man
Immersion ruined.

Is this a boy?

>it's not an older woman
wasted opportunity

There's a chance that other adaptions/spin-offs will give the saniwa a face. You might get your older woman saniwa one day.

It's an odd choice, but I'm glad we get to see Saniwa.

The other Saniwa in the other Touken Ranbu anime is getting the TTK treatment isn't she?

Hanamaru's saniwa is being left faceless and shut in because it's the cutesy anime

Two iM@S anime can get away with that.
Why can't UFO now?

Hanamaru's Saniwa is a hikki

Producer-san is gar as fuck, PC in this one just looks like a fuckboy.

He fits the lewd shota demographic along with Yagen.

Might be a tomboy though

I highly doubt that though.

They all look like a fuckboy. This is still anime.

Isn't this saniwa confirmed to be male?

No further information about the gender yet, so it can be anything.

He's cute so it's fine.

I wonder if they'll keep the kid gender neutral throughout the series then.

>thinking Ufo would fuck up TR so hard they'd make Saniwa a dyke

This is Japan, not UC Berkeley.

Pretty sure they will.

>make Saniwa a dyke

You can keep a characters gender vague without making them a lesbian.

This is an excellent idea because a lot of the sword's personalities include interaction with the Saniwa. For Yagen it's a pretty big deal, for example.
I'm glad UFO didn't care about forcing some of the nips out of their comfort zone.

Will the new naginata sneak into the show and out-gay even the Saniwa and incest bros?

I like the design. Any info on the seiyuu?

Man I really don't like Kinako's designs.

Best visuals of the season?

>age and gender unknown
holy shit

Jesus Christ those are some heels.

The lighting and background art are great.

I like to pretend he's a 500 year old shota.

Best wait until everything has aired.

Is mah boy Sayo going to be in this?

Could it be possible that this isn't even the saniwa's true form?

Twitter says it's Hirofumi Nojima

>Saniwa is immortal demi-god
>gets to be with his swords forever
Would be better than a mere ningen with magic powers.

I just want a female saniwa, too bad Ufo didn't deliver.

I'm eager to see this one's damaged and awakened artwork. Iwatooshi's awakening is my favorite.

>Cinderella Girls producer ended up one of the most popular characters and only redeeming element of the anime
How the fuck did they do it?

couldn't make it halfway through the episode it was so dull.
what happend to ufotable?

Someone brought up this figure in the last thread. Paint did not save Nikkari.

Why does ufo always have to hide their animation behind flashy effects?

>the episode was so dull
I agree

Man, I really wish they'd use more interesting poses.

Their director of photography loves his lighting and post-processing.

youtube.com/watch?v=mnATga1UdHg
youtube.com/watch?v=-6ElFng6kT4

You can see he has a certain coloring style and approach to digital effects in the two short works that he directed at the studio.

They said at the AX panel that the current unit was the 2nd one, so the other guys must be from the 1st one. Means there could be a 3rd and 4th unit too.

Iwatooshi is not lonely in his group anymore

I just wish Ufo would animate battle scenes in a daylight but that would means less flashy effects. Last time I've seen that from them was in Berseria cutscenes and there was some QUALITY, not too grave but it was there.

It's a good idea because it's a shota Saniwa.

Not necessarily, the lighting might be a bit more subdued but their director of photography always finds a way to include light reflections off weapons and glow.

Looks awful. Why did they decide to make his drape semi-translucent?

Because it's supposed to be. Still, I agree that his cum cape looks bad. Glossy semi-transparent white plastic never gives the attractive sheer look it's going for.

I just hope they don't mess up Urashima.

His sculpt looks good. For the most part, all the other sword scales that ended up with problems after paint had problems before paint too. He should be okay unless he ends up with semi-transparent hair/bangs. I can't quite tell if Hizamaru has semi-transparent hair or not, but I think he does.

>Tomoegata Naginata
His name is too long.

Yamatonokami Yasusada, Juzumaru Tsunetsugu, Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki. There are plenty of long names.

>Will the new naginata sneak into the show and out-gay even the Saniwa and incest bros?
I prefer this slut instead.

>sculptor is Nanako
Sasuga. All her swords look bad or have something off, except for Naki since his face is hidden. I wish they would stop hiring this hack.

Shitty gimmick.

Shokudaikiri Mitsutada, Tsurumaru Kuninaga, Izuminokami Kanesada, Yamanbagiri Kunihiro, Sohayanotsurugi etc. Nips are too serious about their swords and all these names usually have meanings and their own stories.

Nips are turbo chuunis.

Is he the first sword to belong to a female warrior?

>Sword
He is a japanese polearm.

I know Nene had Mikazuki, not sure if she counts.

I am aware of the fact that he's a naginata. He's a "sword" becuase he's a Touken Ranbu character.

Naginatas were made with females in mind, no?

Yes, women were trained with them usually.

They were for men and women; a shorter, lighter version was made for women specifically.

Why did they made Muramasa an exhibitionist?

The artist loves sluts

Could tell just by his design that he was voiced by Suwabe.

>ATK
Gee, I wonder.

I Liked Hanamaru

Same, but maybe that's because I had low expectations to begin with.

We all did.

As a huge swordfag, I loved the dumb and fun moments. Hanamaru might be terrible for newcomers but a paradise for some swordfags.

Same here. I'm looking forward to more comfy times in season two. Maybe now that Yasusada has had his character development, he'll take a backseat and spread the attention out to more swords. I hope to see many of the ones who didn't make it into the first season.

What did you literally think its Touken Ranbu?
Like what?

Go back.

Honebami WHEN

I don't think Okitagumi will be mains this time. I was thinking Genji could take the lead but now that they're in Katsugeki I'm not sure it'll happen.

I don't think Genjibros could be the leads, but an episode focusing on them or any heartaching-turned-heartwarming scenes regarding Higikiri's memory would be sweet.

Well I've never played the game and had no idea about swords, but I watched Hanamaru back in winter and had a lot of fun with it. The characters are likeable and it was comfy to watch.

I think the Genjibros would fit like a glove in Hanamaru's setting as well, especially Hizamaru bullying.

>Implying we'll ever get rid of Yasu
He is the MC, you're not getting anything new.

If you like boy SoL it's perfectly fine, but the occasional historical drama does not make much sense for secondaries, unless you know a lot about nip story.

I want to tenderly love Hotarumaru.

Not only that but I figured they would need characters who worked as a pair. Can't really think of any other group that would work like that and didn't already show up in S1.

Not that I would mind since they're my favorite boys but I don't really see what else there is to do with them.

I'm a sword newfag and I liked Hanamaru a lot more than what ufotable (so far) is giving us

They will just create another bullshit drama, maybe make Kashuu the insufferable faggot this time for a change of pace.

Kashuu could never be insufferable.

It kinda bugged me how there was no tension between Ookuraikara and Kasen in the anime.

Not that it would make any difference since you'd say the same thing about any sword anyway. Except for your favorite of course.

Don't bully Kashuu please

Also the lack of Kasen and Sayo interactions

Kashuu is one of my favorites, the only bad thing about him is that he is friend with a shitty sword.

You can only post here if you starter was Kasen, Manba or Mutsu.