Where did it go wrong?

Where did it go wrong?

After the first couple of episodes when it turned into DBZ reruns.

Kubo made Ichigo the main character instead of Rukia, the original.

Right at the beginning when it stopped being ghost busters

When it stopped being about urban school teenagers with cool powers and fashion.

When it started doing the exact same stories over again.

Am I weirdo for liking the fullbright arc more than the arrancar and quincy arcs?

Ep. 2

What he said. Past soul society arc.

Soul Society. He blew every idea he had keeping it afloat for that arc.

It didn't.

Fullbring had a good finale

Everything was wrong from the very beginning. Kubo is a god when it comes to creating characters, but can't use them at all.

Regardless of all the things wrong with Bleach, we need to focus on the ONE good thing with Bleach.

Kubo's sense of fashion

When Rukia stopped being relevant

wrong thread buddy

It went wrong after they beat Aizen for the first time. Everything up until that was pretty good, fuck the haters. Everything after that was shit though. The manga's final arc was laughably bad.

It's the best shonen of all time. Haters fucking off.
Name a better shounen
Pro tip: You can't

>dropping karin subplot
>making ichigo a shit
>kubo being a hack and blaming it on his "health" and tendons.

Kubo is the biggest hack in the world but he can make great
>anekis
>ara aras
>ufufufu
>lolis
>shotas
>yankee thugs.
>Manly men full of regrets.

Nowhere, he just stopped caring if one chapter had any notable content. The Arrancar and Fullbring arcs read great in a binge; haven't binged the last arc yet, but of course the Gerard fight felt like torture sometimes.

shueisha's editor and shueisha itself.

Kubo fuck up after soul society arc.

Kubo's designs and art in general were great. Now somebody's probably gonna say m-muh background or m-muh ink spilling, but I'm willing to forgive him for those since it was weekly and there's only so much time to autistically focus on everything. He definitely has talent and all the flaws his art had could easily be blamed on lack of time.

nah early Ichigo was a really good protagonist but he later just degenerated into the typical braindead shounen type of protagonist.

I feel like pretty much all of bleach's problems can be traced back to one thing.
Kubo's inability to stop introducing new characters, not only did they take focus off characters that people actually liked but they also stopped kubo from dealing with certain sub plots like Karin. They also are to blame for powerlevel bullshit as well since kubo always wanted his new characters to shine.

Ichigo is one of the most dull protagonists ever.

The first time Ichigo's sword was broken he should have gotten fullbringer training. Fights should also have been 2v2 or 3v3 since Chad, Orihime and Ishida only seem like they'd be useful in a standard jrpg party.

Its pretty hard to believe now but Ichigo was a fairly unique and interesting protagonist at first, it was not until post SS arc that he lost any quality that made him unique.

I say this in every bleach thread but Kubo's next manga needs to play to his strengths, character design and art and avoid his weaknesses, power levels,long running series.

a manga about fashion would suit him well.

I think the first arc was good and unique to people was because It came freshly right off of Zombie Powder which was his first series and had an almost similar tone and feel to it. I want to say right around end of SS (though some could argue when SS started) is where you start to see a a shift. Not just it become typical shonan but also the color palette choice change and even art style changing to becoming more generic. Sure it got better in refinement, but lack the "soul" (no pun intended) and depth of the character design.