Knights and Magic

>isekai gun invention meme
So in a world where the people can use sticks to shoot stuff, why haven't they already designed sticks that can be aimed ergonomically themselves for the same reason our real-life firearms evolved from the early fire lances into what we today would recognize as the form factor of a standard firearm?

>Gary Stu isekai
>expecting good writing

user...

The difference in design between a normal staff and this is quite big. It's not just a natural evolution.

Little girls should not play with guns.

Thank god that isn't a little girl

I'm sick of shows using trap characters. Confuses my dick.

That's not how you hold a gun for Christ's sake.

>Japan
>knowing how guns work

They're not Amerifats.

Thank god that isn't a gun

Why do these magic staffguns even need a trigger guard?

Then why even add stock?

Why add sights if it shots magic arrows from the sides?

The way he's using it a fucking wand would be more effective. LN writing at it's finest.

Isekai made me almost drop
No batshit crazy laser and levitation medieval mechas almost saves the show but
>time skip
That's gonna be a 3 episode drop I can feel it.

CUTE

Probably because it looks cool.

Seriously, most of Eru's motivations is "because I think it's cool", like when he keeps trying to make flying robots.

I thought it was mildly ingenious how MC and friends use two sheathed staffguns as pseudo-thrusters for flight.

>most of Eru's motivations is "because I think it's cool"

And then he designs better mechas than people from the setting? This is "sasuga Onii-sama" tier bullshit.

Hey kid, wanna /ss/?

Cowtits or sweaty loli?

Then how did we end up with guns looking like they do in real life?

hand cannon->arquebus->matchlock->flintlock->etc etc

Crossbows already had stock you fucking idiot.

Your point being?

by not starting with magic staffs, we started with throwing weapons. Throwing weapons became bows, which became crossbows. Then people saw that cannons were pretty swell, so they should find a way to give them to all the peasants to shoot other peasants, so you get rifles.

>isekai gun invention meme

The only isekai that does this right is Release that Witch, which will never be animated.

Slow evolution over millenia.

IRL firearms have a very different use than magic staffs.

So is this shota?

>The only isekai that does this right is Release that Witch
Not really. RtW is slightly better than other isekai because Roland actually delves into the science-y parts but it isn't "done right" by any stretch. For someone that has no blueprints, highly accurate measuring tools or machine tools his inventions have never backfired or exploded except by human error, and even then that was just a steam engine.

>Slow evolution over millenia

Except they went from hand cannons to arquebus in less than a century.

>millennia
It's been less than a millennium since gunpowder was invented.

>The first confirmed reference to what can be considered gunpowder in China occurred more than three hundred years later during the Tang dynasty, first in a formula contained in the Taishang Guaizu Danjing Mijue in 808
fuck off idiot-kun

I ment spears > bows > oldschool gunpowder shit > etcetera.

i thought being unable to be a girl is BAD ENOUGH

NOW I JUST RELIZED I WILL NEVER BE A CUTE LOLI BOY

I thought the gun part was smaller. It a little too big for me.

Holy shit, I haven't seem something with a first episode pace this bad since that one anime with Sonic and Mario years ago.

So this is like youjo senki only with an MC that's actually cute then?

If you are going to make a weapon that looks like a gun, you should at least try to be consistent and have people use it like a gun.

And if you're going to have a thing that looks like a wand, let it be waved around like a wand, so we know it's not an ordinary stick.

why is the pacing in this episode so frantic. They just condensed 14 chapters of the manga into one episode

Because nobody should be smarter, stronger or more special than snowflake MC-kun and the MC can't be more intelligent than his author, and that's setring the bar low.

Expect lots of political and academic retardedness created just for the sake of drama.

Its going to be dimension w all over again.

Yes, but all of that is bypassed by having witches doing things that would require more modern tech. The whole bootstrapping process is well thought out and he does create his own standard measures at one point.

The only unrealistic thing is a mech engineer remembering so much about chemistry.

The parts they skipped were horrible anyway. Be glad.

Did you really wanna see some shitty duel with their half brother? Pretty much every isekai/fantasy does something like this. I'd rather watch mechas and the behemoth fight.

>wanting to wade through inane shit

Is that main character some finnish trap?

>mfw the MC is voiced by the same VA as Megumin from konosuba
>mfw when i have no face

>draw a girl
>call it a boy
I'm getting real fucking tired of your shit Japan. At least the other girls are all cute enough to make up for it.

I thought she/he sounded familiar

>cute trap shota mc
Will this show turn me into a faggot?

Girl, damn! She should have really read at least the barest pretense behind the story before jumping into this offer.

You already are.

Literally why even make this an isekai? It would've been fine if they just didn't show the first 5 minutes of the episode

Now you can give excuse why MC is a gary Stu like every Isekai shit?

Because the writer wants to show the MC being cool and doesn't have any sense of struggle and payoff. I would have been alright with him being really good at magic, but somehow he has all the perfect occasions just falling on his lap, he isn't socially awkward despite have a non-existent social life for the longest time and when he does it's to go completely out of character. I hope he won't be as broken when he it comes to piloting. But who am I kidding, he'll probably be naturally gifted there as well.

Im trying to not think too much about it at this point, I have cool mechs and a cute boy. That's what matter.

>isekai
>fujobait with selfinsert slut
>mechashit
>ugly cgi monsters
>mc takes over some kid's body and nobody minds the behavior shift nor does he himself care about the world around him besides the mechas

Seems fun.

Just turn your brain off and enjoy, user

>fujobait
What.

These are all of my thoughts condensed
I can't watch shows like this, even if the characters are cute. Good luck, user

The fucking madmen. This uniform was designed entirely so that MC could crossdress without actually crossdressing.

I hope we at least get some /ss/ payoff after that headpat.

I like it

Isn't he too old for /ss/ after the time skip?

>this cutie
>falling for some shota
I hate it.

He stays a manlet forever

>/ss/

Pleb, boys like this are for dickings.

Stay mad ojisan.

I will do.

>Putting your name in functions
shiggy

What is even the point of the isekai element? It felt so irrelevant. The kid could have just been a prodigy and the story would have been the same.

He must've been doing some serious shit before his meeting with Truck-san to be cursed with the body of a manlet on reincarnation.

Self insert

What if they return to Upper Earth?

>you have to put your name in all functions you wrote so your colleagues can shame you for spaghetti code
Terrifying idea.

At least they go into detail in the LN about why the people who are competent in that world are having trouble developing better robots. Eru is actually the strongest mage in the nation by age 12 just because of his programming is like magic cheat.
They do a whole subplot about a secret facility made about eru's designs and they make mechs that are better than his in some ways, which doesn't stop him from winning when they fight as them as display for king. This is despite eru spending the entire fight testing out his rockets and fucking up.

>Eru is actually the strongest mage in the nation by age 12

Fucking isekai holy fuck.

I read that as
>Eru is actually the shortest mage in the nation by age 12

Threesome doujins when?

If the MC fucks the sister, which hole does the brother take?

>In few years Eru become the strongest Erufu.

The MC's boypussy. Duh.

How new?

>What is even the point of the isekai element?

He was an experienced programmer capable of holding complex patterns of code in his head and that gives him an edge because magic = programming. SICP agrees, don't bother them about it.

He is obviously very conscientious about what he likes (mechas) because he is an adult inside (or at least a manchild) and spent his youth studying and training instead of wasting time or chasing skirts.

And because he wasn't a NEET but a competent employee he has mad powerpoint skilllz, that will become handy to convince nobles and kings to give him money and resources to build giant killing machines.

Living the dream.

I like where this is going

God I hate the friend characters. They're so bland and boring.

For /m/ to self-insert why does it bother you tho

Sorry, that hole is already sold for 3 silver coins.

>silhouette knights are upgraded kuratas

At least they got a fine name for their capital.

Kankkunen = Hangover

Oh, how I wish Finland would Combine its three big cities into one and call it Helvantes. And only because that would be cool as fuck.

This is my fetish

MC has a fucking fat ass.

This was a lot shittier than expected, the cute trap mc didnt save it for me

Just because he's a manlet doesn't make him a shota.

The ED is nice.

Should I just go with the manga if anime keeps up this pace?

thats gau

>that's supposed to be a boy

Made for impregnating.

I can't think of a more blatant self-insert gary stu than this faggot.

Dropped on the first episode.

Did you forget Kirito?