Have you read Watership Down yet Sup Forums?

Pros: Christian story (Rabbit's interpret god and angels different than us so they go by different names. Also has a rabbit version of Jesus and It even references Noah's ark.)
Criticizes communism. Criticizes individualists who are selfish and presents the idea that individualism and collectivism are both necessary. Criticizes hedonism and capitalism gone wrong (when god is non existent).
Presents the idea that gender roles are founded in nature but can change due to society. Doesn't make nature out to be a lala land. Isn't preachy about human interference.
Teaches basic rabbit behaviors you might have not known. Has a rabbit language. Bluebell and kehaar.
Is written like lord of the rings (can be a con or pro.)
Has names of the writers friends who were soldiers.
Has a second book
Cons: Long and wordy.

Here's a free pdf if you wanna read.

mrkingrocks.com/files/watershipdown.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cGyQmH9NZcw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My grandma bought me that book. I loved it. I didn't pay much to the ideas presented, but it was a childish free-spirited adventure.

Wasn't this book written after the author needed to tell bedtime stories to his daughters? I remember really enjoying it as a child but I didn't think too much of the politics. Will have to read again

I wouldn't personally describe it as childish when it plain out says the rabbit's banged at one point. Though I would say that people over exaggerate how violent it is.
Maybe but he even said that he was presenting his children with a story meant for adults to force them to face reality. So take from that what you will. Also only parts of it he told his daughters. He wrote it into a book later so not everything in the book he told his kids.

>Cons: Long and wordy.

Absolute state of Burgerstanis.

I like the book though /: I personally don't find it to be but a lot of people tell me it is. I had to include at least one con, no?

I am actually aware of this book (and a cartoon) for a long time, but being not a native speaker, I always think of this book as a story of an airship which was transporting a cargo of drinking water and crashed. Thank for the link though.

Knew an sjw chick who was obssesed with the book

She showed me the cartoon once.

She probably thought the efrafa's were Jews like an idiot.

I suggest you read the book first before watching the movie. While is is a good adaptation it leaves some of the themes out.

I have read it.
She was very high IQ with no compassion for jews. Just always on her soapbox about faggots and niggers.

have the movie on blu, it was awesome and fucked up

The part about the fat rabbits living near the snares that they're forbidden to mention always reminds me of contemporary Western Europe

been meaning to read this, thanks for the pdf

That part is suppose to be criticizing capitalism in the hands of the faithless. They are atheist who's whole identity revolves around material objects like art on their walls. They are willing to sell others out as long as they can eat.

I can't find the Bluebell quote of him talking about pissing on grass and making Woundworth eat it then riding his doe like a hrududu.

I wanted to put it here tho.

>They are willing to sell others out as long as they can eat.

Today's Europeans are selling out their descendants for the sake of ethnic food and pensions (and they won't end up with the latter in the long run anyway) -- then they try to silence anyone who points out the real situation

I wasn't disagreeing I was just pointing out what it is kek.

Forgot to say your welcome.

I absolutely love Watership Down
im the one posting as { Fiver } over on s4s

sorry, didn't mean to namefig on (this); board

Ask me how I know you're a girl

Do you mean you post as him as an rp or you name-fag? Please don't say the latt-
oh I don't really like name-fagging but I can't make you stop so meh.
It's ok the mistake can be forgiven. Just make sure not to do it again.

It's a nice read for sure
Not convoluted and joyless enough for real /lit/ types though

...it also contains a lot of, how would you say it, axis of principles:
cold reason vs intuition
preserving the whole vs preserving the self
thsere's a lot of good stuff in it. I love it.

user! You should never make a lady on 4-chan admit to being one! Have some dirt, user!

mistake
that's a brand new gif i made btw

>tfw the real watership down is now a McGym

It's nice user.

Just a heads up. The new WSD is being made by a Jew. He'll most likely make it about the Holocaust and paganism. Also they made Strawberry a gril.

The one on Netflix.

Watership down is actually a huge mass of land. The Honeycomb itself is probably.

Here's a map if you're interested.

This one is based in reality and it's bigger.

youtu.be/cGyQmH9NZcw

I watched the movie on acid years ago because I thought it would be intense and it scared the piss out of me

KEK. Well that's what I assume would happen if you watched it on acid. The first time I watched it was when a teacher thought it was a kids film and played it during class.

My mother read that book to my little brother and I. Loved it. Still remember the names of the rabbits. I tried reading his second book, Shardick, when I was a little older. Couldnt get into it.

Have you read tales yet?

Don't ever watch Pink Floyd's The Wall on acid.

Yea that ain't a good idea..

mods sorry
forgot this may constitute as nudity
tried to delete
my mistake(s)
*ugh*

It's ok user. Everyone makes mistakes.

Anyways nn all goin to sleep.

Done that one too. And Apocalypse Now Redux. All the ones that really fuck you up, good times

Bump..
I have never read this, how safe is it to read to kids?

this, well said. user = absolute equality.
Besides, if the permanent denizens realise there is a grill here, then for the rest of the bread it tits or gtfo. Not particularly conductive to politically incorrect debate

>a book
>long and wordy
no shit brainlet

my english father used to put the cartoon movie on for me when I was a child. Rabbit induced PTSD is no joke man.

One of the better books I read as a child just because it was imaginative and well-written. OP's claims of underlying meaning were utterly lost on me.

Author also wrote The Plaguedogs about a couple of medical experiment dogs that get loose and everyone hunts for them. There's a movie.

Also wrote Traveler, an American Civil War book from the POV of Lee's horse, Traveler. That one has taken shit because Confederate in a positive light

plague dogs was pretty fucked up. i see the island. kek shit nigga.

ah we were watching rats of nimh and worse. people getting experimented on. having giant cinder blocks dropped on em. slight kek

watership down was one of my favourite books when i was a kid
along with wind in the willows, winnie the pooh, the alice in wonderland books, asterix and tintin
i still have all of them on my bookcase today

i live quite near there. fun fact: it's quite near downton abbey

The first film I ever saw in the cinema. I was four. Yeah it fucked me up but in a good way. I still love the rabbit theology opening sequence "In the beginning Frith made the World..."

Also worth noting is the Narnia series for kids: hardcore Christianity encoded in a fun fantasy andenture that spans many books.

Because it's a children's book sperg.

It's one of the books that has had the most impact on me concerning my approach to spirituality. In fact, there are a few sentences of the book that I took the time to memorize because they so accurately summarized my perspective on the interaction between God and his creations. The near-conclusion chase where Hazel implores Frith to intervene and save his warren, and Frith's response, are some of the most powerful lines in literary history, imo.

"There is not a day or night that a doe offers her life for her kittens, or some honest captain of Owsla, his life for his chief. But there is no bargain: what is, is what must be."

I haven't read the book for a long time but the animated adaptation was the first story I ever really cared about. Its themes and tone have influenced everything about me ever since, I'm sure of it. Very important to me.

The movie was kinda fucked up

This movie was also fucked.
WTF was wrong with that dude?

It also reads from left to right, unlike our mighty Qu'ran, brother.

Is it redpilled at all?