Is this the holy trinity of Shounenshit Plebime?

Is this the holy trinity of Shounenshit Plebime?

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/manga/magazine/290/Tonari_no_Young_Jump
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HxH is probably the only good battleshit in history.

It's the holy trinity of "I think I'm an anime connoisseur and to good for anime like SAO"

But two of these are actually good.

I'd say OPM instead of HxH. I don't even think HxH is very popular among normalfags.

You'd be surprised

Ever since it hit Netflix it's been pretty up there in popularity. I've seen people claim it's a "deconstruction of Shounen"

HxH is mainstream as fuck since the 2011 anime

But OPM is even more mainstream

Just because Sup Forums tends to enjoy it, it doesn't mean it isn't exceptionally mainstream.

OPM is seinen though

Normalfag trinity is: OPM, BnHA and Tokyo Ghoul.

OPM, TG and Berserk are normalfag shounen

"I´m 17 and my taste is unmatched"-starter pack

they aren't shonen, and normies don't know Berserk that much.

No, it's the holy trinity of shounshit that understands the good stuff and leaves behind the bad.

Only parts 1 - 3 of JoJo are shounen

It's the "we already had this thread like 200 times" starter pack

>this level of delusion

this.
Jojo and HxH are tryhard´s favorite shonen. Don´t get the same feeling for BnH but I haven't interacted with their fanbase much.

HxH doesn´t even get its a comic.
Jojo has everything bad about the genre with the difference that it actually has it unlike most times people criticize shonen.

All of Jojo is fucking shonen you can argue it stopped being it when it moved to UJ but that's it.

The thing is that, even if they are "bad", there is worse stuff like OP and Bleach.

???

One Piece is better than HxH and Jojo put together.

Bleach is at least a comic so its better than HxH, and Jojo is barely better.

They´re just liked because they aren´t part of the Big 3 or in jojo´s case for the memes, so people are too forgiving to them.

So, why are all of them considered shounenshit when HxH isn't entirely shounen and Jojo is indeed a seinen? Is it the anime versions?
While MHA is for plebs it's enjoyable.
I care for your opinion OP. Speak up.

Because HxH is published in Weekly SHONEN Jump and Jojo´s sixth eights have been published there too so they´re shonen.

Or, you know, because people like the story and the style with which it's told.

>One Piece is better than HxH and Jojo put together.
No, it's fucking awful.
>sub-rubber nen tier asspulls (sabo)
>never-ending story
>every arc since timeskip is literally the same
>shit designs

Also
>brainlet can't handle a little exposition
Pathetic.

JoJo and HxH are legit good and BnHA has the benefit of not being terrible yet

It's better than when the 3 big were Nardo, One Piece and Bleach, and they were all past their prime and becoming preety bad. Bleach was the greatest offender

Jojo only really became full on Seinen as the series went on and Araki got older. He even says that he couldn't have written Phantom Blood the way he is now, because if he had, he'd have started to get in to darker aspects of Jonathan's character and that's just not Jonathan. Jonathan is supposed to be daylight, not afternoon or sunset.

If that were true they wouldn´t be such tryhards that hate on better executed shonen solely for being popular while liking manga that do exactly what they criticize.

>28 posts in
>most of the series aren't event shonen
the state of 4ch at summer

I don't really consider JoJo a part of the big 3.

Sure it got an anime adaption that's doing pretty well these days, but JoJo has been around forever. It's been going on for much longer than HxH and BnHA. HxH has been going on for ages too.

That being said; Hunter x Hunter and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are good. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being contrary or doesn't like their fanbase, but hey, at least admit that the fanbase is why you don't like it - don't call it bad when it's not. That just makes you a faggot. I guarantee that half of what these people have to offer to supplant JJBA or HxH would have just as much if not more problems and would be lacking in quality.

>No, it's fucking awful.
It really isn´t

>sub-rubber nen tier asspulls (sabo)
Part 3 ending is worse. Also nen is for HxH so it doesn´t really help your point.

>never-ending story
Jojo and HxH haven´t finished either. At least OP doesn´t take long breaks where you don´t know when or if the next chapter is gonna be released.

>every arc since timeskip is literally the same
???

>shit designs
They´re unconventional but they aren´t shit.

>brainlet can't handle a little exposition
>little
All HxH has for it is exposition. If you can´t show then write a book, not a comic. And one half of the comic medium is the art which looks like the first riugh draft of a page. Not that you even know what a comic is as you probably just like it because Sup Forums thaught you consistency is all there is to a work.

I hate both fanbases and think Jojo is good, just not even close as good as people say. HxH is, however, shit.

>I guarantee that half of what these people have to offer to supplant JJBA or HxH would have just as much if not more problems and would be lacking in quality.
The problem is that most people who like other shonen don´t go out of their way to say this. Sure, you will find plenty of fans of other works that do what you´re saying but in Jojo and HxH they think they´re special yet the works they like do the same shit as the works they criticize which is hypocritical. I would have no issue with them if they at least admited they just like shonen manga.

I mean, I've been into JJBA since before the manga got adapted into an anime. I used to follow Naruto and Bleach with enthusiasm (just using them as examples) but as time went on, I fell out of pace with the story on and off again, and had no desire to really keep my footing. Naruto's story just doesn't click with me, and I feel like it honestly lost a lot of its style as it moved into part 2.

I kept up with both of them at a marginal pace until they ended. I dislike Bleach's last arc because it feels like wasted potential (and so does the Fullbringer arc to an extent). I feel like if those arcs were written by Togashi (but drawn by Kubo because I like his art) they could have been a lot different - and for the better too. I really wish the Thousand Year Blood War followed Uryu more closely, and that his acquisition of the arrow was a bigger thing. I don't really like Yhawch being Old Man Zangetsu or vice versa, I don't really like the "secret of how the zanpakuto are really made", or Unohana Retsu being a Kenpachi. These things were relatively inoffensive, but they sort of took me out of the story because they felt relatively pointless. In my experience, Hunter x Hunter and JJBA have less moments like that. The things that happen in them more often than not, feel genuine.

(They're not entirely free of these concerns though. Some stuff in Part 5 and 6 made me raise an eyebrow, but Part 7 is paced to near perfection if not perfection. Also, I dislike Battle Tendency. I think it's autistic and none of it was as charming to me as Phantom Blood.)

>At least OP doesn´t take long breaks where you don´t know when or if the next chapter is gonna be released.
Yeah, but OP has an abysmal pace and Odacchi takes 2 years to finish each arc.
It's really funny how a single HxH volume has more content than 10 OP volumes.

>Not that you even know what a comic is as you probably just like it because Sup Forums thaught you consistency is all there is to a work.
I probably know more about comics than you because I write and distribute alt comics you dumb faggot, not everything is about pretty drawings.
Are you a capeshitter too? because you sound like one.

>The works do exactly he same shit as the works they criticize which is hypocritical

Provide examples. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want to dissect this. I'm a JJBA/HxH fan, but I think I've noticed this before. I'll say this though, execution matters a lot.

>I would have no issue with them if they at least admitted they just like Shonen manga.

I like Shonen manga.

A thing I think is happening is that people don't realize that JJBA and HxH don't really deconstruct or shy away from what makes most of the manga in the Shonen demographic so... Shonen. They're still Shonen manga, but of the highest caliber.

I want to write fiction.
Can you tell me more about your work?

You need to get out more.

> In my experience, Hunter x Hunter and JJBA have less moments like that. The things that happen in them more often than not, feel genuine.
HunterxHunter's issue is at the fundamental level. Its thought as a book but its a comic.

As for Jojo, it may seem better because the stakes are lower, the parts are mostly self contained and the characters and plot are shallow enough that it never feels dissapointing becuase it never makes you expect much.
But that doesn´t make for a good shonen.

>le pace buzzword

>It's really funny how a single HxH volume has more content than 10 OP volumes
You kinda have to if you don´t release shit.

>I probably know more about comics than you because I write and distribute alt comics you dumb faggot, not everything is about pretty drawings.
I never said its all about pretty drawings. But the drawings (which don´t have to be pretty but at least good) are an important part of what makes the comic medium. If you´re not using them at all, don´t bother using the comic medium at all.

>I write and distribute alt comics you dumb faggot
Then you either agree with me and just have shit taste or your artists hate you.

>Provide examples. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want to dissect this. I'm a JJBA/HxH fan, but I think I've noticed this before. I'll say this though, execution matters a lot.
Pretty much everything Naruto does gets scrutinized to death till people find out something bad about it and overblow it to bigger proportions. If Naruto had a Part 3 ending no one would forgive it ever.
Jojo? Its fine because its le fun.

>A thing I think is happening is that people don't realize that JJBA and HxH don't really deconstruct or shy away from what makes most of the manga in the Shonen demographic so... Shonen.
Agree

>They're still Shonen manga, but of the highest caliber.
If you´ve only read those two sure.

good argument

JoJo isn't that popular bar the memes. Other two are normalfag and has pure cancerous fanbase including obnoxious fujoshits.

Jojo is pretty much Naruto in 2007

It runs in a seinen magazine
myanimelist.net/manga/magazine/290/Tonari_no_Young_Jump

"x is popular therfore is bad"

>This wall of text

What´s wrong with addressing post replying to me?

Nothing

Holy trinity of Shounenshit Plebime is
-OPM
-BnHA
-Dragon Ball Super

Holy trinity of "I think I have mature taste" Shounenshit Plebime is
-Jojo
-One Piece
-Hunter x Hunter

As an OPfag, I shamefully agree.

>But that doesn't make for a good Shonen.
I'd argue that it does if I knew what you meant by "the stakes are lower". In Parts 1, 2, 3, and 6 the stakes are pretty huge.

>The parts are mostly self contained.
If more Shonen longrunners did this they would be ten times better.

>The characters and plot are shallow enough that it never feels disappointing because it never makes you expect much.
JoJo has some nice characters. It's a part by part thing. Actually, from Part 4 onwards its interesting characters become something of a strong suit. I guess Part 5 is pretty middle of the road comparatively, but the crew's still good. Part 7's characters are pretty damn great.

>le pace buzzword
Pacing is an integral part of every story. It's why some stories get criticized for moving too slowly or for moving too quickly. It's an actual thing.

>Provide examples
>PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING NARUTO(...0
You're not providing examples.

You could argue that the parallels between Sasuke and Naruto were more or less the same thing as a Part 3 ending. Also, everyone makes fun of "SAME TYPE OF STAND", even within the fanbase, so I'm not sure what you're on about. It makes sense, but people still rip on it.

>If you've only read those two sure.
You've got to be kidding me.

i'm embarassed to admit i watch/read all of those except hunter x hunter and dragon balls

>-Dragon Ball Super
No

At this point I watch DBS for the memes alone.
Fuck toei.

I write stuff for anthologies, but I want to publish something on Fanta.
The most important thing on writing is that you first should consume as much media as possible. There is no real guide to write shit, the whole creative process is about appropriating things from other works and adapting them to your style.
There are a lot of guides about the technical process (doing the scripts, drawing and printing) but first you should do you research and get out of your comfort zone.

>I'd argue that it does if I knew what you meant by "the stakes are lower".
It makes for an efficient, well done shonen, but not for something as remarkable as people claim jojo is.

>In Parts 1, 2, 3, and 6 the stakes are pretty huge.
Not really, Part 1 is just fights to beat Dio, Part 2 is just defeating some ancient pseudo vampires, part 3 is just traveling throgout southern asia having a series of skippable fights that are mostly there for padding, so is part 6. Parts 1-6 have the complexity of the average super sentai/power rangers season and work in a similar way.

>If more Shonen longrunners did this they would be ten times better.
Arguable. Jojo´s way is not bad mind you, but that means its just 8 small units instead of a bigger whole. You get quantity but not less quality.

>JoJo has some nice characters. It's a part by part thing. Actually, from Part 4 onwards its interesting characters become something of a strong suit. I guess Part 5 is pretty middle of the road comparatively, but the crew's still good. Part 7's characters are pretty damn great.
They´re entertaining but they aren´t as interesting to watch as characters who stay on a longer continuous narrative.

>It's an actual thing.
It is or it should be but the word has been used so much to mean "I have ADHD" that its a buzzword.

>You're not providing examples.
>Everyone revives after pain asspull
People criticize, understandably.

>everyone gets revived by a technique introduced long before
People criticize anyways.

>Jotaro suddenly gets Dio's ability
>Oh, that's fine, its fun!

>Also, everyone makes fun of "SAME TYPE OF STAND", even within the fanbase
So? It would be a deal breaker in other manga. In this is accepted.

>It makes sense, but people still rip on it.
Had The World been Johnathan´s stand sure but it wasn´t.

>You've got to be kidding me.
Jojo is mid tier. HxH is just trash.

change One Piece for Dragon Ball Super and I dunno Magi or FMA for One Piece?

>but not less quality
but less quality*

>it's a butthurt wan piss fag thread
Nothing to see here.

>>In Parts 1, 2, 3, and 6 the stakes are pretty huge.
>Not really, Part 1 is just fights to beat Dio, Part 2 is just defeating some ancient pseudo vampires, part 3 is just traveling throgout southern asia having a series of skippable fights that are mostly there for padding, so is part 6. Parts 1-6 have the complexity of the average super sentai/power rangers season and work in a similar way.
Umm, not really.
In part 1, they go after Dio, before he has mastered his powers. If they failed to stop Dio, then it would have been a huge vampire outbreak for england.
In part 2, if Kars gets the stone, then he would have become the a genocidal vampire god of the world.
In part 3, DIO would have continued his quest to conquer the world. And with the Za warudo, he would have been Unstoppable.
In part 6, Pucci kinda did fuck over the whole world, so yeah.

Parts 4 and 5 have low stakes.

We're not talking about in-universe stakes retard, we´re talking about narrative stakes.

They are the same thing, retard.

...not really, one is what the characters have to do within their universe and the other is what the mangaka sets out to do with his work.

Anyone who hates JoJo hasn't read part 7.

nice

I don't hate JoJo and Part 7 is the best but
>have to read 80 volumes of something you don´t like to get to the good part
is not really good logic.

Just skip to Part 7, 1-6 do not effect the story in anyway

That's not really a good indicator of the manga's quality either.

I agree, but its a benefit JoJo has over other manga, that you can skip parts that don't interest you.

>If Naruto had a Part 3 ending no one would forgive it ever.
Naruto's ending was already worse than Stardust Crusaders, and I didn't even like Part 3. At least SC didn't spend hundreds of chapters retconning and shitting on arcs that already had solid conclusions for the sake of power scaling only to pull the "I was actually the real big bad the whole time" 4 fucking times. The same stand asspull is only on the level of the Kagura asspull in Naruto alone. You sound like some sort of assblasted nardofag.

>Jojo and HxH haven´t finished either.
Jojo did finish once. Part 7 and 8 have nothing to do with Parts 1-6 outside of references. IIRC Part 7 wasn't even going to be Jojo at first. And each part is mostly self-contained with their own casts and only a few characters that actually appear in more than one part. It's not really comparable to other shonen that've been running the same cast for the entire run, only ever replacing minor support characters or the major villain every so often.

jojo is good. only first part of stardust crusaders and diu are shit