Alright Euros, since you like talking so much shit about the US losing to dirt farmers, tell me...

Alright Euros, since you like talking so much shit about the US losing to dirt farmers, tell me, how would YOU have won Vietnam?

I honestly don't have any idea.

Not a lot of nations would have stood a chance. Vietnam's terrain is uniquely exclusive to the country itself, and of course only Vietnam understood that.

Oh burger, when will you learn...

>how would YOU have won Vietnam?
Just ignore them. Like close your eyes nigga

hivemind

Not an option

You are now Chad, defender against communism. You can't sit on the bench like your countries are used to doing

By not invading it?

It wasn´t so much the US losing to dirt farmers as much as it was the US losing through pressure to pull out of there.

US could have kept going and have even more atrocious losses on the enemy side, but doing so would mean little for them. United States citizens valued soldiers returning home more.

See

This. If the Hippies weren't so fucking pussylike, then Vietnam would've been drawn out way longer and most likely in the South's favour.

The US could've crushed Vietnam into non-existence if their citizens were in support. There are several countries within Europe and just on the borders of Europe that either have states who wouldn't care what their citizens think or citizens in no position to question the state on such matters.

*united states citizens valued not seeing corpses on TV

Fixed. The anti war movement fizzled out during Iraq and Afghanistan because that stuff wasn't allowed on TV anymore

impossible. that is why the french gave up. sry ameribro, the usa had no business in Vieatnam

That's how you won Afghanistan right?

Not invading North Vietnam was how the US lost the war.

mistake is in sending so much us army personnel. South Vietnam relied so heavily on US that it couldn't do shit without US. Only arm and train them with lots of CAS. Never take more land than your ally can held.

You don’t play stupid games.
Look at Vietnam today. It’s turbo capitalism on steroids. The west won without having to fire a single round.

Where did the South Vietnamese move after losing the war? To the US?

Honest question OP, do you really think people from non factor nations ever consider these types of things. The answer is obvious, they would all fail and likely do far worse. France is one of the preeminent European military powers and they got their asses kicked thoroughly. compare khe sanh and dien bien Phu

British troops aren't loud obnoxious retards who can't aim which is why we would have won.

There's some rough bastards in Europe from the Slavic countries who would probably know what to do, a couple massacres here and there, censoring the press, that kind of shit

>let communism run its course
>starve as many as possible
>collapse.jpg
>move in and kill remaining survivors

British troops can't even hold onto their own clay lol (northern ireland)

The CIA supported Khmer Rouge against Vietnam. Don't give me the shit about defending the world from communsim.

About 2 million of them scattered all over south east asia. Many did come to the US. California and the gulf coast of Texas still have large communities of Vietnamese from that time.

I live in Ulster. Has something changed since last night? When I went to sleep, this was still British territory.

Firing squads at every American College.
You thought ANTIFA was bad? Read a fucking history book. Kent State was justified, and should have been repeated a few dozen times.

All the presidents basically wanted to carpet bomb the ungodly shit out of the slopes, but their advisors said "oh gee sir... That might not be good for public opinion and you might lose the reelection because we accidentally raised a generation of bong sucking faggots"

You see, Vietcong have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own colonists at them until they reached their limit and shut down.

I'm not talking about some brutes pillaging a local village for vodka and rape, I'm talking international operations with sustained logistics against an enemy supported by two opposing major powers

You can't win a war like Vietnam. Civilians interspersed with enemy fighters and you have to play nice. It could have been won in an afternoon without a single soldier setting foot on the ground. It is the same reason any fight with North Korea is going to be a gigantic shit show. You have to fight wars like that economically.

Playing enemies against each other is an effective way to prevent them turning against friendlier neighbors

>US losing to dirt farmers
The US lost to Communist Subversion of half the voting electorate and everything resembling the USA pre-1960 has been replaced by the festering disease of consumerism and decadency.

Koreans are naturally thin-skinned and prone to despair, plus Norks don't have a legion of indoctrinated dirt farmers since they have fond memories of roasting their babies on a spit for dinner.

>Playing enemies against each other is an effective way to prevent them turning against friendlier neighbors
It is definitely a good strategy for the (((USA)))

I think there's a huge difference between having Islamic fanatics right next to your border and communist movement in a small Asian country which is like gorillion km away from USA

Two words: Nuclear fucking weapons

Dude your country is the size of like 1/4 of the world's total land area, that don't mean shit

>get your ass kicked by commies
>the commies get to do whatever they want
>turns out they were mostly commies for the nationalist revolution antiimperialism aspect and just implement asian capitalism
>th-the west won you g-guys we did it!

If an invasion draws up protests, using nuclear weapons on an opponent not equipped with nukes will draw in 2 genocides. One when the nuclear reaction happens and the second when news spreads around the world.

Well the whole point was to kill as many u.s soilders as possible.
So mission complete. Score of 6000000%

>how would YOU have won Vietnam?
Not by making aussies do all the work and then taking all the credit, that's for sure.

Why do Brits make these kind of posts

I'd improve the living standard and economic conditions to the point where there would be no cause for war. Instead of installing a weak, clientelistic government which seemed to be the standard during the Cold War, I'd install people that would be capable of modernizing the country and building infrastructure.
Use the army defensively and extensively study North Vietnamese tactics, adapt to local terrain and conditions as much as possible.

Why do Yanks think anyone gives a shit about the pointless wars they lost?

So everything that was done?

They still haven't quite figured out the empire is dead and so is their global influence, so long as Britain behaves and does what the USA says it has the illusion of power, but watch how quickly they fall into irrelevance if they are ever stupid enough to spurn the American suzerainty over their quaint kingdom

Apparently it does since Putin annexed tiny fucking Crimea to avoid possible NATO bases there... anyway it's not like any of us actually understands how that geopolitical shit works

By not fighting it

Do you think there's a warehouse full of competent leaders that hail from whatever embattled shithole we have to bail out?

What was there to win, dumbass.

Already stipulated you are chad defender of the west, not virgin deep concern do nothing nation

Bring nukes, battleships and shit close enough to China so that if they interfere they are gonna get glassed, then start bombing North Vietnam if they don't back off meanwhile concentrating on rebuilding South Vietnam in the western image. Bomb the shit out of everything that you suspect being a part of Ho Chi Minh trail and hand out food, medicine and other peaceful supplies to civies to win them to your side and dissuade them from joining Viet Cong. Make the corrupt South Vietnamese officials disappear and replace them with western trained more reliable alternatives. Reorganize and re-equip the local forces. Run an aggressive propaganda campaign both in South and North Vietnam and eventually try to turn North Vietnamese against their communist regime and arm pro-west guerrillas.

Stopping commies from pouring over every shithole until it was just the USA surrounded by commies.

Stfu before your saudi king and jew master cock put you down like a dog.

like this

chop down the forest

Why are you in this thread if you don't give a shit you bitter old hag

Bomb then to the stone age. Literally. Every house, every road, every lamp post, no two planks or bricks left standing. Bimbs, napalm, gas, all of it 24/7 for as long as it takes.

there are two options if you're planning to fight a war against a country which is expected to turn into a guerillia war
> don't do it
> kill all of them

or like this

20k french soldiers dead, how is this a victory?
A single french death in a foreign land is already a defeat.

Vietnam was a civil war tardo.

we got 6000 in one afternoon using this boat

This is even more retarded, killing civilians in their own country.
Having a colony here was a fucking mistake.

No excuses. The war was made impossible to win for the yanks because ROE dictated that yanks cannot do mil ops in laos or cambodia. VC knew this and could make their strategies around this.

You lost because you were stabbed in the back by the homefront

Obviously, sweeping them off their feet with our Broomsticks

Sounds like you just killed 6000 of your own colonial subjects. Were any commies even there?

First off, if those stupid French frogs didn't get involved in Vietnam, neither would we.

Secondly, if our Generals had been allowed to be Generals, that war would have been over almost as soon as it began.

Thirdly, you Eurofags couldn't have beat them anyways, with the exception of England.
No one on the continent had an army capable of doing shit after WW2
Germany nor France had a strong standing army after WW2

>First off, if those stupid French frogs didn't get involved in Vietnam, neither would we.
No, don't use us as a scapegoat.

Id drag up some old ww1 German chemist and get him to make some real nasty proper mustard gas. The viet Kong were running around in loose clothing and flip flops and didn't have any protective suits against it it would absolutely fuck them up

First thing would've been to recognise American liberalism is even more subversive than Communism and that i needed to clean up my own act before going to "defend against communism" in other countries, when my own was the absolute centre of cultural subversion and civilisational decay.

>I will support the worst kind of commies in history to bother some other commies

this

Deadliest gas of WW1 was phosgene. Terrible stuff. Responsible for 85% of all WW1 gas deaths

There are no good commies.

Honestly the Russians would be able to

A massive problem was in America the media turning people against the war. If you have media like Russia that's state controlled and all you report is that everything is going wonderfully you don't turn the public against the war

They said that about Afghanistan. That no matter how many reds died the soviets could outlast the Afghans. Turned out even the USSR was not immune to public pressure.

The thing is about mustard gas is not the deadliness they all had gas masks it's about the fact it burns your fucking skin really badly

There's no point using gas on a modern army because they have masks and gear to protect them but the VC had masks if need be but didn't have proper clothes on.

>muh the attitude of the citizenry has nothing to do with the effectiveness of a war effort

Fucking retard. Americans are soft and always have been. They've always fought wars under the pathetic pretence of being some kind of international police force, that targets only "aggressors" (who are never-ending), and which only ever "fights war to create peace"--they've only ever fought wars with overwhelming odds on their side from the start (except for the American South).

Americans can't fit a genuine European conception of war into their feeble little minds, because they've always been nothing but a bourgeois civilisation of comfort, levelling and standardisation. The only people of whom this wasn't true was the quasi-aristocrats of the American South, who the merchant class in the US crushed with its sheer mass, despite being the inferior generals and combatants.

Let communists starve like they always do and then play good cop by dropping MREs rather than napalm.

Quit wasting time, get in here

>1v1 me knife only faggot or it doesnt count

I'm glad teenagers aren't in charge of war

>you just killed 6000 of your own colonial subjects
yeah but in only one afternoon

>All the presidents basically wanted to carpet bomb the ungodly shit out of the slopes

That sure sounds like a legitimate and reasonable response to a country on the other side of the world wanting to be different from you....Murrica...land of the free....home of the brave...people power....freedomz....democracy!!!

Bunch of fucking barbarian savages without a clue what culture or civilisation is--like a nigger he is satisfied with the mere outward forms of what is "civilised" and thinks himself superior in his very primitivism and barbaric nature.

For start, by involving yourself more with government in South Vietnam, and not supporting corrupt shits and incompetent generals who paraded in succession.
Offer the people of SV a relatively fair and just government, and communism will rapidly lose it's appeal.
Some form of land redistribution is also necessary.
Also, restrain the troops, I'm not implying US troops acted savagely but any civilian victim is a minus of you and plus for communists.

Once de Lattre took over you guys were killing slopes left and right. I dont think running up a high body count was the problem in Indochina.

haha butthurt much? we told you those yellow cockroach are invicibles, they know viet vo dao and shit, that's what you get for one uping us

We can use you however we want, bitchboy!

say the country that funded isis AFTER 9/11
muh 12d burger chess

allow the air force to actually attack most of the targets it wanted to. war over in 6mon regardless of how long war was going on.

send in B-52 hit haiphong supply lines cut NVA starves.

This.
People who are happily employed and can afford to send their kids to college don't have a habit of running off into the countryside and blowing up trucks and bridges.

Who are you to tell me what I am, entitled little shit

Just wait till communism destroys itself.

Thats a good evaluation of the situation as it stood in 1962. All that was done though well before the withdrawal a decade later.

t. armchair historian with an open wikipedia tab

Aussie here on vacation in this cunt-tree, I would have imported some emus. They know how to win against farmers

There are no good mudslimes either.