Catholicism is the true faith. Catholicism gave us world class philosophy, art, music, literature, architecture...

Catholicism is the true faith. Catholicism gave us world class philosophy, art, music, literature, architecture, and derives itself directly from Christ and the Apostles. Meanwhile, Protestantism gave us the denial of science and reason in favour of feelings and has given no significant contributions to the arts, philosophy, music, architecture, or anything. The only contribution of Protestantism is turning Christianity into a money making scheme, that is now exploited by American pastors in mega mall like 'Churches'. Nearly all the negative perception of Christianity today is associated with Protestantism, especially the American variety, which is vulgar and materialistic.

Catholicism is just too grand and dirty for me, you know? To worship the lord you don't need a giant fucking cathedral adorned with the most precious of metals and a million perfectly painted murals and shit. Fucking Protestants only need an empty room with a picture of Jesus, a few folding chairs and a plastic crate for the pastor to stand on. Also don't forget the Catholic pedophilia and other dirty shit going on inside the Vatican, also the Pope is ruining Catholicism too by going "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE" and kissing the toes of niggers.

eastern catholism looks pretty cool desu

>Picture of Jesus

Heretic detected. Thou shalt not do images of anything in the Heavens, in the Earth or beneath the Earth and worship them
You only need a heart willing to love God and all his commands for the world He created and optionally a few bible verses before praying and studying (the way of God)

>Catholicism is the true faith
Prove it

>running around africa telling niggers to breed and fill the earth
>the true faith

The achievements of Catholicism are simply the result of men reaching momentary transcendence from the world through their belief in God. The great cathedrals that you don't like are indirectly the creation of God.

No you fucking imbecile, catholicism is what turn countries into 3rd world shitholes like mine, every country that comverted to protestantism is a industrialized one.

Catholicism is a scam that doesn't follow the bible, it's based on obedience of the (((church))), and is just an instrument for the NWO

Imagine not being Orthodox

I put up my old mother Marie figurine back up today.
I will buy a cross soon, too.

You could try your hand at carving one if you want to. Would be an interesting hobby.

That is oversimplification. Northern Italy was never a shithole, and the south was turned into one by occupation of Kingdom of Italy that was basically atheist and masonic. Catholic Bavaria is the wealthiest part of Germany. France was world superpower until it turned atheists. Yet to some degree the Church is responsible for Latin America being shithole, because Catholics unlike early Calvinists have considered natives humans and allowed dysgenics.

The great cathedrals are the symbol of making monuments with your surplus instead of investing in the future. Same as the pyramids in Egypt.

Back to sorting yourself out, Peterson.

Technically correct, they require a surplus to construct, but that doesn't negate the fact great works of art are transcendental. Nor does using a surplus necesarily equivicate to not investing into the future.

It still equals waste.

I didn't know finland was so consumerist

All the philosophy, art, literature, architecture, music, and so fort, produced by Catholicism was a waste? Dante was a waste?

Consumerism in the 21st century is cancer. Wasting resources when people can hardly afford food, to build palaces for non-existing beings is incredibly stupid and wrong.

The amount of art etc. we got compared to all the wealth taken by the church including the opportunity cost is pathetic.

Before the industrial revolution Malthusianism was kind of valid, so construction of cathedrals did't lowered living standards, it just lowered the population growth.

You ever think the reasons the west got this way, is just the simple thought, of. We peaked? That we sought after god the best we could then finally after getting there just forgot/rebelled. Like Book related if you ever read his take on what it was like in britan in the 60s. Pretty messed up reading along the spiritual lines of his nations. Btw, if you haven't read this one, or even the kindle trial really recommend. Really showcases western europes spiritual health situation in the aftermath of ww2, and into the cold war. Really sad, but an eye opener.

Yes and the church was just like the nobles in that sense, no regard for improvement.

Yes, Cistercians and Benedictines robbed shit out of swamps.

The difference is that priesthood was the class of educated people, and the only one who cared about abstract concepts in dark ages.

It's hard to think that I really would have hated Peter not even 2 years ago.

Cathedrals were :
>A massive preaching ground for the good new of Christ's return
>A sanctuary for pilgrims and homeless people, both spiritually and physically
>A work of art in the name of God
It's far from wasteful.

Plus they make for good geographical points for directions.

Yes and the whole class was utilized to study pretty much just one book in the hope that it had the answers to everything.

/nsg/ Made just for (you)

Get in here goyim

actually that is protestantism

What, do you mean user? Explain?

Oh great, so we’re all going to end up like southern Italy?

And yes fbi, the pic is a joke.

Dont be blind to the greater waste from the miniscule amount of work that went into something useful. The same shit happens to this date in churches and NGOs all over the world.

>To worship the lord you don't need a giant fucking cathedral adorned with the most precious of metals and a million perfectly painted murals and shit.

Read Exodus and Leviticus. Public worship of the Lord is made inside holy temples who are very decorated.

Catholicism is the very definition of Satanic. They are literal false prophets, and prey on all people.

No. Eastern Orthodox is the legit church. The bishop of rome went renegade from political pressure from thr francs.

>Yes and the whole class was utilized to study pretty much just one book in the hope that it had the answers to everything.
You've just shown yourself to be completely clueless. Catholic priests and clergy studied Romans and Greeks, as well contributing their own unique developments. Catholics revived Greek and Roman philosophy, and led to the birth of the modern world.

t. American baptist that believes evolution isn't real and that humans lived together with dinosaurs.

Imagine thinking that Catholics were modern day fundamentalists.

Maybe, but don't blame Catholicism for that. Of course nowdays it is the parody of itself, but it is because it gave up to the world created by protestants.

Protestantism also stripped the church from its power and riches while also taking effort to make the one book available to everyone through teaching commoners to read and printing the book in their own language. Though it didn't necessarily help as much as it could have since usually the power and riches went mostly to the nobles anyway.

Lets align with earthly kingdoms, appropriate pagan gods and holidays, create the idea of a purgatory you can pay to be prayed out of, the hagiolatry, etc etc

At one point, most people who are on pol started out as Fedora tipping libshits. Peter would have generally been viewed as an adversarial figure around here not too long ago.

Except all those catholic priests raping little boys.

I was blaming atheism, but you’re right that the church is declining. Stay strong, Poland. I know you can save the white race and Christianity too.

So you deny the importance of the bible for the priests and clergy? Once again don't be blind to the greater waste from the bit of work that went into something useful.

A lot of us have had fundamental changes of heart, mind, and spirit over the last few years. People call it red pilling, but I think that meme's a little too simple to describe what's really been going on.

>Protestantism also stripped the church from its power and riches while also taking effort to make the one book available to everyone through teaching commoners to read and printing the book in their own language.
And what has occurred from this is exactly what Augustine said would occur 1600 years ago. Watering down, misinformation, and lies.

Yeah, watering down the lies of the Catholics with the lies of others. Imagine that.

>remove 7 books from the bible
>claim catholics made stuff up cause you can't find it in your redacted bible

t. Martin Luther

The rise of atheism is partly the fault of protestants. They reduced Christianity to a laughing stock by stripping it of its doctrine and letting it be appropriated by the mass.

Don't forget all the other wonderful things Ptotestantism gave us, like:

>Dividing the Western World and encouraging centuries of bloodshed against fellow Christians, distracting Christendom from its true enemies of militant atheism and Islam, instead of trying to reform the Church
>Bombing abortion clinics and trying to hang gays
>Witch burnings
>Editing the Bible at will due to their feelings to justify any of their actions
>Demonising the Inquisition through the use of propaganda
>The concept of Faith Alone, leading to cold, heartless, and degenerate societies who place no value on good works
>The concept of predestination, whereby none of your good acts on Earth matter if you don’t believe in their particular version of "Jaysus" and go to hell
>Keeping the American South a backwards shithole for more than two centuries in stark contrast to the much more developed and wealthy Catholic regions
>Contributing less to charity than Catholics and even some atheists, now and in the past
>Prohibition
>Creationism
>Rapture
>Megachurches
>Worse than Catholics, Jews, and Muslims when it comes to sexually abusing children
>Faith healing
>The anti-vaccination movement
etc.

Say what you Will about the church, but Without it, all the knowledge of the ancient World would be lost

>The concept of predestination
At least Catholics kept it to double pre-determinism. Protestants went full Muhammad with that shit.

I believe that you misrepresented the doctrine of predestination. It is not like the deeds don't matter. They are a visible proof of whether one is elected or not. Nobody can be sure though, even if he believes in the correct version.
>Bombing abortion clinics and trying to hang gays
>Prohibition
Was it that bad?

What's Catholicism done in the meantime, apart from being complicit with Nazi warcrimes, spreading misinformation about Condoms not preventing AIDS and cucking out big time to Islam by saying Charlie Hebdo had it coming for daring to cause offence to Muslims (but a picture of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit butt-fucking eachother is alright) and allowing an islamic service in Cologne Cathedral among other things.

In 1095 Pope Urban II saw the muslim Horde and called all of Christendom to Arms, now another horde has come and where it was happy to stand its ground on Birth Control and Female Priests, it decides to cuck right along with the rest of Europe.

They both made stuff up and that's beside the point. The point is what the protestants did, which was questioning the established lies and bringing information to the public for them to decide for themselves, compared to the Catholics who just recited some mumbo jumbo in their magnificent monuments. Martin Luther was literally the godfather of red pilling and I'm amazed how someone can be so oblivious to this while supposedly doing exactly the same thing himself.

I'm not advocating for Protestantism. I'm advocating against bullshit and the monopolization of information. But if you insist on playing the blame game, then don't forget who actually caused the first division of the church.

>alcohol and gays are bad

I didn't think Poland let muslims in

AYO HOL UP
>builds "church" in a utility room behind Walmart
WHY ARE
>throws away millennia of theology and doctrine because of petty butthurt
CATHOLICS
>screams and breakdances on the floor while Hillsong United blasts from PA
SO KEKED
>endorses abortion, atheism, sodomy in hopes of looking cool to young heretics
AN SHEEEIT
>transgender atheist lesbian minister bans crosses from "church" as to not offend Muslims
NAWMSAYIN?
>pope-francis-kissing-feet(8).jpg

Jeese, annon, even my non denominational church still holds strong, to traditional values. I feel for ya euro believers just stay strong though.

>Complicit with Nazi war crimes
[Citation needed] about those war crimes user.

I am done. Of course if someone is against sodomy and stimulants that makes him Muslim.

Without a doubt protestants have been worse, even compared to the worst blunders of the Catholic church.
The current Catholic church is following in their footsteps.

Yeah, it’s annoying how Catholicism is lumped with the Protestants and their autism.

>They both made stuff up and that's beside the point. The point is what the protestants did, which was questioning the established lies and bringing information to the public for them to decide for themselves, compared to the Catholics who just recited some mumbo jumbo in their magnificent monuments. Martin Luther was literally the godfather of red pilling and I'm amazed how someone can be so oblivious to this while supposedly doing exactly the same thing himself.
The uneducated mass that does not have the faculties for reason cannot decide anything. God has not gifted everyone with the same faculties. Expecting someone with an IQ of 90 to understand the faith as someone with an IQ of 160 is just empty platitudes. Protestantism laid the foundation for leftism in the west, many of them even tried to establish communist like societies. The extreme egalitarianism, which is in contradiction to the fallen nature of man, is directly related to the dominance of Protestantism.

> Catholicism gave us world class philosophy, art, music, literature, architecture
No, european people created those things, and because catholicism was the prevailing magical belief the topic of their art was often themes from the religion.

>which is vulgar and materialistic.
You're evaluating the truth value of a religion based on material items and works that people made. This makes absolutely no sense, truth isn't determined by paintings or buildings

Given that I find it strange that on average the Catholics in USA seems to be more left wing than the Evangelicals. What is the reasons for that? Is that because they were used to be treated like second class citizens?

>Catholics to protestants
>"oh yeah we don't worship Mary, it's just veneration"
>Catholics to each other:
>"make sure to pray the rosary at least 40 times! Oh and pray to Jesus if you feel like it or whatever"

Yeah because you're so smart and others so stupid, you should be the one who decides what information the public will be given. Why don't you just pull your head out of your ass and realize you just want to be the jew yourself.

Most catholics in the US are spics and vote left so they can get more gibs and get their relatives imported too.

Catholic priest is at last expected to study theology and philosophy. Without putting the Bible in the context you can find there whatever you want to find.

>No, european people created those things, and because catholicism was the prevailing magical belief the topic of their art was often themes from the religion.
Men inspired by God in the catholic faith, many of whom were directly affiliated with the Church.
>You're evaluating the truth value of a religion based on material items and works that people made. This makes absolutely no sense, truth isn't determined by paintings or buildings
The works and items came as a consequence of it being true. I'm not saying it's true because of the items and works. One comes before the other.

Well you have pretty low standards if that makes a meaningful difference.

Do you think that germanic tribes would advance as they did without the Church preserving the classic heritage? Why would some kind of warlord care for it? The roman aristocracy didn't care for science and philosophy either.

I trust 2000 years of the smartest and most enlightened men/women who have ever lived far more than I trust my own surface-level interpretations of translated and retranslated ancient texts and obscure canon.

Be a fucking sheep then, just don't project that onto others.

Well I guess I better go lick nigger feet and let in millions of shitskins into my country because some smarter guy than me who can interpret the bible better says so.

Hi Satan.

You don't have any arguments, just infantile displays of aggressiveness towards authority. Centralisation and authority have been central to the faith since the time of Jesus. Centralisation and authority are natural and good. Protestantism hasn't removed this at all, it has created the illusion. It's just been decentralised, now snake oil sales men and money grubbing preachers can act as absolute authorities in their own right with no foresight by anyone. From your own position, one set of lies has been traded for 1 million.

c-catholics are still bad though.

The egalitarianism sweeping through all of Christianity stems directly from Protestantism.
t. Dunning-Krugger effect with delusions of grandeur.

I would say that the very same thing doomed Islamic civilization(yes, there was a thing like that). I've heard multiple times that they are backward because they started six hundreds years earlier. No, they had their Luther in the XI century.

>You don't have any arguments, just infantile displays of aggressiveness towards authority.
Gee and here I thought you were arguing for authority and not for what the authority even sais. Sorry mate.

>From your own position, one set of lies has been traded for 1 million.
1 million sets of lies is much better, but still too few.

Satanic trips, of course. The Catholic Church was great before it started conforming to the Protestant era. Hopefully, the next pope will be better.

I mean, it happened, so I guess it boils down to your opinion of "bad". The Prohibition thing skyrocketed organized crime in the US and laid the foundations for further gang violence later on. While it was good in principle, in practice it was pretty darn terrible and had far reaching consequences. Basically, once Prohibition was repealed, all those organized crime syndicates went further under ground and started trafficking other things.

As for bombing abortion clinics and trying to hang gays, those bombs could have killed some innocent bystanders (like, people not involved in the whole process), and with the gays, that turned into a witch hunt REAL quick. As with any mob justice, innocents who are falsely accused always get mixed up into things, and we don't want to kill innocents.

Basically, while the people had their hearts in the right place, the actual implementation of these ideas had some majorly bad side effects.

>>From your own position, one set of lies has been traded for 1 million.
>1 million sets of lies is much better, but still too few.
Okay, so you're some deviant anarchist.

>t. Dunning-Krugger effect with delusions of grandeur.
Not cognitive dissonance? That I could give you but fucking Dunning-Kruger when we are talking about shit that can't even be proved one way or the other.

Benedict XVI is the true pope, the cardinals forced him out to put that heretic jesuit Francis in necause they were losing South America to the Mormons and Benedict was auditing the Vatican bank

And being a German he was such a spineless cuck he took it like a german woman takes turkish cock

I only believe that institutionalized lies lose their power when everyone has their own set.

If there is any truth in any of it, it is more likely to be found in the organisation that formed directly from Jesus and his followers. No Christians, other than Catholics, have given the strongest arguments for God and the faith.

If

You're talking to a German. They've been blamed so hard that almost all of them are incapable of seeing how the sins of the father is not the sins of the son.

You know, that explains a lot.

Catholicism is bullshit. Make believe bullshit.

Benedict was elected because the cardinals couldn't agree who to vote for, so they all voted for the guy they thought no one else would vote for in order to delay the elction.

That's some Holy Spirit intervention if I ever saw it.