American characters in anime thread

American characters in anime thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is sex with Iowa like?

Ascending to heaven haven, sex with Jesus, god and the holy spirit at the same time and then becoming one with them.

not anime

Man the Mormons sure have some weird shit going on

>anti-infidel garterbelts
Shouldn't that be counter-terrorist? Americlaps are the infidels.

love this bitch.

Anyone less free than us is an infidel who will be shown the blazing light of democracy.

Blazing seems a rather apt term, considering the current state of our democracy is best equated to a dumpster fire.

>the party I didn't vote for is in power
>this means democracy is dead

If you don't like it leave

I sincerely hope you don't think the elections are the most important issue in America. That would make you as smart as a sheep.

name 1 thing wrong with our democracy

>democracy
>When you have the electoral college

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority

You are fucking retarded and its this exact belief system why the European union will not exist in 10 years

I DO NOT HAVE SEX
BUT I POOP THE NIGGER
SHITTER OF THE FART CUM
FARTER OF THE SHIT CUM

The population as a whole doesn't truly elect its leaders.

>Tyranny of the majority
Oh so you should have a tyranny of them minority instead?

>taxes way too high
>corruption enables government backed corporate monopoly
Seriously, just look at some of the laws "coincidentally" made just in time to perfectly help a large business fuck over smaller businesses
>economy is a vicious cycle dependant upon constant growth which will inevitably collapse once it reaches saturation
>ever increasing government control of the internet and free speech
>horrible education system
>retarded niggers due to education system
>violence due to retarded niggers
Just to name a few. There's a lot of problems with it. A lot of them are shared by other countries, but that doesn't make them less shit.

>taking him seriously
No one cares whether the system is legitimate or makes any sense; he just got his meme President in and is working backwards from that conclusion to justify the unjustifiable

It was never intended to, it was to prevent a tyranny of a majority from occurring read this Why would a state be apart of the union if their voice is not equally represented, the same exact thing with Nations inside of the European Union.

Personally, I did vote for Trump. I still think he's an utter moron and is only contributing to our country's decline.

O SAY CAN YOU SEE
BY THE DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT

You are actually cancer if you can't comprehend that the american system is based off of the oldest form of Athenian democracy.

You parade around pretending to be smart when you are actually just a fucking retard.

I did it personally because I was hoping he'd shake things up enough to be the catalyst to some real change

>muh appeal to tradition
Fuck off

This was also my reason.

nod and agrumand

what

I did it because, while Trump may be a moron, Hilary was an utterly corrupt, absolutely untrustworthy cunt of a human being.

The States had their say. This isn't an argument about individual people, but each individual State having their say. We are a Republic, not a Democracy.

>mfw no qt anime american gf
Просто убейте меня сейчас.

>Japanese dicks

Well Sup Forums, who's right?

He's shaking things up in regards to the media big time. I've never seen the media have a lower approval rating than the President.
He also signed an EO that prevents government officials from lobbying or doing paid speeches for five years after leaving office, which is nice.

Eh, let them have it. Every man fantasizes of stealing the women of foreign countries and fucking babies into them.

Should of hacked harder. I'm counting on you in 2018 comrade.

Who made which first.

Left is handegg. Right is divegrass.

This is factually true.

That's a really simple way of thinking about this.

The United States was not conceived as one whole country, it was conceived as a union of states that would cooperate, and because of this, they all needed a say or else the union never would have formed. You don't actually vote for President, you are voting for who you want your state to support for President, if you don't understand this, you are a retard.

The electoral college specifically exists because when the country was formed, the rural states were bitching about how the populace cities would be a unified bloc of voters with more influence then them, and therefore the country would be 100% built around appeasing them and rural concerns would never get addressed in a million years. This was a totally legitimate concern, and if this concern wasn't addressed, all states that weren't New York and California would have fucked off a long time ago. This kind of shit was even the super-ordinate conflict of the civil war, of which slavery was just a subsidiary piece. In reality, the southern states simply felt like the northerners were overriding their needs and remaining out of touch with them.

The electoral college forces politicians to consider rural communities, which is important. Otherwise they would just run a quick train on the top 10 cities in the country and that would be that; only certain states would matter, only certain cities would matter, and everyone else would be left in the dust because of this "perfectly balanced democracy".

The way we have it may skew things slightly farther into the direction of the rural states than it should, and this is happening because the founding fathers likely couldn't foresee just how out of whack our population numbers would get. However, that doesn't mean the entire system is broken because it still does its job.

The problem we have right now is that only swing states matter, but that's a problem of the massively divisive two-party domination we have.

soccer was called soccer first. It was originally called football, but with so many variations of the sport being more and more aggressive, the officials changed the name. or something like that im kinda not sober

nips call soccer, soccer too.

So you'd rather have the big cities make all the decisions, and leave all the poor rural areas to rot?

It's called a football because the fucking ball is a foot long.

It perplexes me how many people are too ignorant to understand that. It has a legitmate reason to be called a football. Meanwhile, the soccer ball is actually just a normal ball that you happen to kick with your feet. Why is what you touch it with relevant to the name? It's just a ball. I don't call my spoon a handspoon, I don't call my socks footsocks.

蹴球

It should be called footegg then.

>We are a Republic, not a Democracy
Your politicians and some of your people didn't get that memo

That is what elitist in Washington and Hollywood want, fuck them, glad they lost big time.

Oh no, our politicians all got the memo. They choose to not talk about it.

Who cares? Soccer comes from Association Football anyway.

google サッカー then google 蹴球. They call it soccer.

>only swing states matter
This is a recent phenomenon if you consider California voted Republican and Texas for Jimmy Carter in 1976. California actually kept voting Republican until 1992 when it stayed blue ever since. Every state used to be a swing state. Makes you wonder what happened.

Chest, head, knee, butt can also be used to strike the soccer ball.

You know how many times I heard American politicians say "Greatest democracy on Earth" or "Oldest democracy on Earth"?

A lot

It's because we've stopped mandating civics in school. When I was in school the teachers would hammer it in that we are not a Democracy, but a Constitutional Republic.

Its all just for show and to get votes. As an American in a rural community, I know better than anyone its all just for show, and only care about the big cities.

Alright, I may shit on the government and the retards in this country, but I really do love the stereotypical American spirit. Free, brave, loud, and no shits given. The people who really are like this are great.

As an American, it always pisses me off hearing someone refer to the US as the greatest x in the world. It's the epitome of the boorish nationalism and arrogant elitism that has earned us such a shitty international reputation.

>It's called a football because the fucking ball is a foot long.
No, you dumbass. It's called football because you play it on foot, as opposed to on horse, i.e. polo. The British named it, not us.

What happened is pretty much the same as any monopoly.

The two parties have doggedly consolidated influence for so goddamn long that they've eroded any middle ground, and are now populated largely with ideologues that consider the other side to be literally evil. And that's how both parties like it, neither of them can afford to be reasonable and balanced because then they'll lose. Keeping everyone ramped up and pissed off is their only method of maintaining voter turnout.

The way things are right now is unsustainable, and there needs to be a major change within a couple decades because it doesn't work. This is difficult because our government is quite literally dominated by these parties, and are full of people that are totally beholden to the parties in order to maintain their power. They have no incentive whatsoever to shatter their faction nonsense because in many cases, some of these people never would have been elected in a million years if they weren't partisan shills. This goes for both parties.

This raceplay is super rare in doujin and it's hot as fuck so let them have it.

>love the stereotypical American spirit
I love how it angers everyone, one of the reason I bask in it.

I'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't been nuked by the mods yet.

How could cities make "all the decisions" when they're only about a fifth of the population? Vast majority of Americans live in suburbs and swing states are mostly suburban too. It's *safe red states* that are disproportionately rural and the Electoral College makes sure the margins there don't count at all. Instead it empowers a random selection of suburbs ,this time around Detroit and Milwaukee, last time around Denver, the time before that around Cleveland

It's a catchy phrase, though I've always thought it was a campaign trick the Democrats used since Democracy is very similar to their party name. Makes sense then that the Republicans are aptly named for what we actually are, a Republic.

>The electoral college specifically exists because when the country was formed, the rural states were bitching about how the populace cities would be a unified bloc of voters with more influence then them, and therefore the country would be 100% built around appeasing them and rural concerns would never get addressed in a million years. This was a totally legitimate concern, and if this concern wasn't addressed, all states that weren't New York and California would have fucked off a long time ago. This kind of shit was even the super-ordinate conflict of the civil war, of which slavery was just a subsidiary piece. In reality, the southern states simply felt like the northerners were overriding their needs and remaining out of touch with them.

This is a bit of modern reinterpretation of a system that was built to close a communication loop.

The EC was established because it wasn't possible to communicate the events of a day to day election race to the dispersed people of the nation in a timely manner. So what you did was select a representative who you would trust to be your voice who would travel to the capital and listen to candidates and be able to make an informed vote on your behalf.

Why else is their a delay between voting for the EC and the EC voting for the president?

The idea of popular rural support isn't even well supported by math when you sit down and work it out.

The false notion of the EC being about a federation of the states rather than a communication lag work around only really became popular post WWI with the widespread adaption of radio communication. Mind you the US education system also still incorrectly teaches children that a republic is a federation of states rather than a nation without a monarchy. Also that the US isn't a democracy but a republic as if you can't have a republic that's also a democracy.

Not true either. It was supposed to be a sort of temporary House of Commons, a bunch of local elites sent to Washington by state legislatures to make the decision about who the President should be with their own judgment. The state legislatures did not share this vision and instead make the decisions themselves and sent a few rubber stamps to the EC. Later on they separated the choosing electors function to make their re-election more dependent on local than federal issues

Grow some balls. Fuck all those foreigners. Be proud of your country, you wimp.

I still maintain that a Civil War is needed to remind DC who is in charge. I honestly thought sending Trump would get the message across, but they're only doubling down on the us vs them mantra.

A Civil War in a country with large amounts of nuclear bombs and where most of the country is armed is not something you should wish for.

>shitty international reputation
It's that reputation that won us two world wars.

Sounds good to me.

They wouldn't dare use nukes on the civilian population.

>The idea of popular rural support isn't even well supported by math when you sit down and work it out.
This obvious fact tells that no one sincerely believes the Electoral College is a good system and is instead just pretending it is so relieve cognitive dissonance about their candidate being less popular than the other one. Kerry and Obama both had the advantage in the electoral college because they did really well in the big cities of the Midwest while getting destroyed in Texas

Yeah not likely given the existence of the congress. If the wanted elites to select the president they would have had the senate do it for them.

We've gone way off topic. Post Americans.

Whichever side actually used nukes would be filled with so many coups that it would collapse within a week. They wouldn't do it.

It's our military that wins us wars.

All it takes is one nut job with access too loyal to their state to get a hold of one for a tragedy to happen.

Y'all are forgetting the most American of them all. He is literally America.

Not American enough, it's shit.

I'm at work right now

>USS Saratoga (CV-3)
>not American enough

They wanted to separate choosing federal legislators from choosing the President so Congress so they would independent power bases and so be able to oppose each other, in contrast to the UK system where the executive and legislative functions are fused

The EC system isn't too terrible. What is terrible is winner take all.

Remove winner take all with some standard mathematical outcome for each state and you get all the positives of the unequal over representation of low population states but without the millions of voters in the larger states that never get a single EC vote even if they pull in 40% of the state's popular vote.

Potato coming through.

>Kerry
You know he lost right? Both popular and EC.

That doesn't match with the theory of the elite selecting the President given that the elite did select the senators and congressmen.

Instead of voting on the leaders themselves, I think the citizens should vote on the laws.

Do your fucking job, senpai.

Not gonna get that promotion browsing anime forums.

>Not blonde
>Doesn't have any major burger stereotype in her design
It's shit.

Yes

Not all Americans are German-Americans, some of them are Irish-American.

God bless America.

Kill yourself, the Saratoga is possibly the single most american ship to exist, besides the USS Enterprise CV 6.

What exactly are the advantages of empowering low population states supposed to be anyway? Rhode Island and Wyoming have zero interests in common

It's censored, nothing to fear user.

Blonde is a shite hair color anyways. Brunnettes are the true QTs.

>Doesn't look as American as humanly possible
Not burger enough, it's shit.