Are there really counties in USA that forbid the sale of Alcohol? What is the logic behind this...

Are there really counties in USA that forbid the sale of Alcohol? What is the logic behind this, why do you act like Muslims? I thought FREEDOM was an important value?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LPPxSWZGyso
lmgtfy.com/?q=Counties in US with no alcohol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And at the same time opioid consumption is high.

When I was in Philadelphia I went out and tried to buy some beer or wine or any alcohol to take back to my hotel on a Saturday afternoon. After walking around for 2 hours I gave up. Later I was driven to where I could buy beer, it was a whole rigmarole to get it.

Yeah, Finnbro. These counties are holdovers from Prohibition. Many of these places are deeply religious and believe alcohol is the root of problems within the community.

What does yellow area mean? I live in one.

Same here, I know we can’t buy alchohol on Sunday and the bars can’t sell alcohol after 2am Saturday night so maybe something to do with that

Something in between "dry" and "moist" state. Very stict alcohol laws but alcohol not completely forbidden.

I'm in East Texas, small town. Bars and restaurants serving alcohol have to be "private clubs," and you must be a member to be served. They also stop serving at midnight.

I wish my county was dry. Alchys are a blight in mankind. Complete shit-tier drug desu senpai.

I'm in Mormon-controlled Idaho. You can only buy hard liquor at the state-run liquor store, and they close at 9pm every night and are closed on Sundays. All other grocery stores and gas stations just sell beers, bitch beers, and wine.

>people who live in a county vote to make it a dry county because that's how they prefer to live
>people who don't like this can live anywhere else

"why do you hate freedom?!"

If Muslims want to make their home countries more Islamic, why do you complain? Or if some counties or states want to restrict gun rights, why is it such a big deal?

Because getting drunk is not a god-given right.

That map makes me really sad. People don't understand how many women in America get through the day with Xannies, hydrocodone, and OxyContin. I'd love to see it broke down by gender, because opioids are most legally given to women in my experience with men more likely to die to fentanyl.

From Arkansas, worked in a liquor store in a county that went wet in this decade. I'm often so depressed I feel like life is over. I don't know how there could be a future for any of this. I've been alone for three years, but I haven't gone on heroin yet.

Same. Hate that it’s legal, rif raf low life’s every here.

they are allowed to do this but even if they ban sale the liquor shops will set up outside the county line

>What is the logic behind this,
Drunks are degenerates

youtube.com/watch?v=LPPxSWZGyso

>Or if some counties or states want to restrict gun rights
Incorporation of the Bill of Rights was a mistake

We literally have a graph showing legal opiod usage in thread. There's way way way more shit being pumped into Americans to permenatly damage them than thrice distilled corn based neutral grain spirit. And no one even has a chance of making that shit illegal before the collapse.

Alcohol causes far more problems than opiods

that's the thing about the New World, you have the freedom to leave an area if you don't like it there. The people in those areas are free to do as they please so long as it doesn't cause direct harm to those around them.

Pretty simple concept.

Yes if you drink too much. Opioids are far stronger poison.

Here, retard.
lmgtfy.com/?q=Counties in US with no alcohol
You have the freedom not to live there. Not news or politics.

Yes, it's a legacy from the Temperance movement and to a lesser extent prohibition.

I know opioid addiction is a bad problem as well but from my own experience drunks are much worse and a bigger plight in communities since it’s such a widely used drug.

My home county is still dry on Sundays.