Is Kemono Friends actually any good or is it just a meme?

Is Kemono Friends actually any good or is it just a meme?

It's good. A masterpiece

This image made me want to check it out, but I'm still hesitant. Can I get a summary furfags?

There are definitely good things about it. It's a pretty unique show. It's primarily a cute kids' show, and never subverts that basic tone with one big dark twist or anything, and yet, throughout the show there are elements of mystery and foreboding lurking in the background. I've never seen quite that combination pulled off anywhere else.

The animation style is undeniably jarring at first, but it grew on me over time, and now I think it's really cute. The pacing is good; information about the world is revealed very gradually. The show gives you the sense that you're having a dream and you could wake up at any moment, but you never do.

Undoubtedly, some of the hype and appreciation for the show is just from the self-perpetuating inertia of popularity. But there's also something very interesting underneath it all. I would recommend that anyone give it a shot.

Everything apart from the animation quality is great.
As long as you've had a childhood, you should find it highly enjoyable.

Any plot summary would basically be spoiler territory. It's best to go in as blind as possible. Basically, a human shows up in the midst of a bunch of animals one day, she has amnesia, and the animals decide to help her figure out what she is. Adventures and cuteness ensues. That's the meat of it.

Its a fresh watch compared to your usual adaptations but the fanbase turned retarded months ago though.

We are just trying to spread a cult, mate.

Fuck off memester.

It's a meme, but who doesn't love memes

>the fanbase turned retarded months ago though
Bruh, we are very self-contained on our threads
You must be refferring to the salesfags who are falseflagging for us. The sales threads deserve those derails though

After literally just finishing it a couple of minutes ago, I enjoyed it. Episode 1 left a bad impression but 2 and onwards had me stay for the ride

Kememe Friends

CG animal girls learn about the magic of friendship.

Kinda like MLP but slightly less furry.

Just saying, there are other fanbases gone retarded/fanatic. Hell, OP might be into that too.

It was a very fun show that was unexpectedly great. It has a great atmosphere and sense of adventure with it's own humor and style. I say it's worth a watch, it's not a 10/10 masterpiece but it's designs and unsuspecting atmosphere are, and the show comes very close.

The girls are cute and hot and that's what matters.

"Kemono friends is the best anime ever made."
-Hayao Miyazaki

Was there anyone that legitimately hated it after watching at least 3 episodes?

Don't you call each other "Friends" ? Kinda like the guys on /mlp/ call each other Bronys

Both. It's a good CGDCT anime with objective merits very rarely found in the genre that a bunch of people (both here and in Japan) driven to mental illness by lack of quality content in the medium in recent years perceive as some kind of creative masterpiece it really isn't.

I don't hate but I think that is mediocre. I bet small kids would love it. I fact the whole show gives a discovery kids/disney Jr feel.

Is japanese MLP.

~13-15 year old too cool for school teens who left 1 star reviews citing the lack of action, killing, blood and explosions as a complete turn off.

no, the only time someone uses friend is when they're referring to a shitposter
>wow you're a friend who is good at shitsposting

>As long as you've had a childhood
The problem with this sentiment is that you're expected to grow out of that childhood in your later teenage years.

>and never subverts that basic tone with one big dark twist or anything
Did you skip episode 11?

Grow out of it, yes, but never completely abandon it.
>Don't you call each other "Friends" ?
What the fuck gave you that idiotic idea? No, that's retarded.

He's baiting, stop replying retard.

That sentiment carries over into the early 20s too. I think you have to be 25+ to not care and just enjoy it.

I'm pretty sure that's a real question and a legitimate concern. If I didn't know much about the Sup Forums KF crowd I might think the same thing.

Supposedly 35y/o salarymen in japan ate it up like coke-laced donuts.

I did not skip episode 11. When I said there's no dark twist, I meant that the show never becomes gory or really serious and adult or anything like that. It starts as a cute kids' show about cute animals and finishes as a cute kids' show about cute animals. I don't think anyone thought that Kaban was actually going to die at the end of episode 11. Then again, I only just finished the series a few days ago and I was already spoiled on how it ended, so maybe I can't appreciate what it felt like to watch it as it was airing.

It was a nice change of pace from your usual anime.

>35y/o salarymen in japan ate it up like coke-laced donuts.
Half true.
It's lonely salarymen and parents

It's a meme.
It's basically "imagine if a kid's show wasn't complete entry tier shit, but had a minimal plot and tension". Which is okay for a kids show, but that's really it.
Plus the animation is garbage.
At the end of the day the only reason it is popular is because cute animal girls doing cute things.

>we are very self-contained on our threads

Tell that the the KF faggot that ends up in every Youjo Senki thread.

I watched it solely to make my own opinion about the phenomenon and I can assure you that watching 12 episodes of this is a waste of time unless you're in it for memeposting.

>entry level isn't shonenshit
Where do you think you are?

Post more wolf.

>1/10 animation
>3/10 art
>completely one dimensional characters
>boring kid's plot

It's a 4/10, being very generous. I have no idea why so many anons circlejerk over it. It's not the worst thing ever, but it sure as hell is not good, or even above average.

The fuck?
How is the two even related?

The subway probably doesn't want a repeat indecent of what happened last time on the subway with a skunk girl.

At the time, there really was no guarantee it was going to end well. I sadly watched after it ended too, but from going back in the archives the entire fanbase from here to japan did a complete 180. It was enough of a shitstorm to bring twitter to a halt and pixiv was nearly 100% KF. From some of the guys who sat that week in the threads on Sup Forums, the entire tone of the fanbase shifted and all they had to go on was faith in tatsuki.

Link him and I will, but it's probably best to just report him. The Janitors seem really fucking trigger happy this week so it'll probably get him gone.

Like some other user said, most of that is falseflagging salesfags. You can spot them very easily unless you're an autistic newfaggot.

:-------D

You said you fags are contained in your thread, yet there is always some guy in the Tanya threads jerking off about his furry CG shit. Even one of you escaping the containment thread is enough to turn people off on the fanbase.

That really wasn't a complex comment, I do not understand how you couldn't get it.

Be here a few more years I'm sure you'll understand.

It's literally a kids show and it plays like a saturday morning cartoon. The cgi is bad even by cgi standards but you get used to it pretty fast. It's 90% friends solving problems meeting friends along the way, with 10% world building which is kinda interesting. Also the designs are really nice. Watch the first three episodes and see if you like it, I personally didn't but I can see the appeal.

>babbys first encounter with a shitposter
I'm sorry it was too much for you to handle, try another website maybe.

>Link him and I will

There's not a Tanya thread up, but when there is one every couple of days he ends up there. I don't care enough to dig through the archive to find him either. I had reported him, but the mods are pretty selective with who they ban; usually off topic shitposters get a pass in my experience, even when banhappy.

>muh no true scotsmen

Just admit that some of your fanbase is cancer that wanders off the reservation.

it's just a falseflagger.
It comes with every popular work that shitposters wanted everyone to hate.

And you fell for it

The fuck is up with your formatting? You should be happy that some faggot shat in your thread. KF shitposting is worth more than any post in your own threads.

>I have no idea why so many anons circlejerk over it.
Here are some random comments pulled from KF-related youtube videos:

"One of the things I love though is the contrast that's present in the world, there's a certain bittersweetness to it, with that "World after Man" feel. It's big and mysterious and lonely at first, until you look close and realize there are plenty of friends, you just have to meet them (really makes you think). ... there's a kind of subtle, fragile sense of existentialism to it all and that's really evocative."

"This show is the antithesis of high budget shows without substance. They're gorgeous and sound amazing, but are ultimately missing what's really important. This looks terrible. Sounds alright (sometimes). But there's something underneath that is absolutely amazing."

"This looks like a show for infants. ... Update: I watched it and now I can't stop. Fuck."

"I can't believe a shoddy 3d cg show based off a dead mobage ip made me cry."

"The show only ended a few weeks ago and this already feels almost nostalgic. I bet that if I ignore this and forget about Kemono Friends for the next year or two, then come back to this, the nostalgia will hit me so hard."

So, there's a sampling of positive reviews for you.

You read comments on youtube videos? What the fuck is wrong with you?

>Just admit that some of your fanbase is cancer that wanders off the reservation.
I don't know how this wouldn't apply to every fanbase Sup Forums has ever had.

He fought a shitpost with another shitpost
Ironic shitposting

I just finished this today.
Do you guys like otter butt too?

>watch isekai cancer
>try to act arrogant
Literal subhuman

How is the art 1/10 huh?
And characters worked within the setting perfectly.That's what makes good anime.

Bronies say the same thing about their show though.

But I like SOL and cute girls. KF was just terrible.

Good for them? They're entitled to like what they want, you can watch it for yourself to see if you agree.

Man, you guys get really assblasted over some of your userbase being shit.

It actually sounds a lot like why I like some western cartoons despite them having shit art and/or animation. But I don't go around saying that they're masterpieces and getting triggered when it's criticized for objective flaws, so they lost me.

I've never seen KF fans get triggered over people criticizing the show, only when people just shit on it without even watching it. Most fans seem to understand that the show won't appeal to everyone.

>check out my Anime blog

I don't know but you could try watching it to figure out by yourself
Yeah, watching anime to decide if it's good or not is such an outlandish idea but I believe in you OP

Is fun actually a good thing or is it just a meme?

It's a meme. The show is not good. The story is not deep. The animation is quite terrible. The voice acting is shaky at best. The popularity is purely based off fan art, lewds and circle jerking which was largely started by people involved with the show itself. Good marketing strategy by them in that respect.

I've heard that bronies breathe air too, you might want to stop imitating them

Fun is a suggoi thing.

It's fun, cute, simple. interesting story and world, wide array of characters to appeal to everyone's tastes. I love it. It's the kind of relaxing show you watch that just takes all your worries away.

It's a meme for when you don't understand why you like things.

So know that we have kemono friends, are we getting an anime of Dr comets wild adventures on kemono island?

Does he still release anything at Comiket or has he stopped doing that because of butthurt over rippers?

Why do people keep comparing this show to MLP? It has so little in common with MLP and so much with Adventure Time. That should be the far more obvious comparison.

Does that make Serval Jake?

It's pretty great.

>Comparing shit liked by emo "I'm so quirky XD" Tumblretts to KF

People like you need to be gassed.

No idea. Last update to his site was a year ago. Probably butthurt about ripping. Artist should realiDr that there are enough people to take your place now and just deal with it.

>A show aimed at small children but somehow popular among a much older demographic about the only human in the entire show, which no one seems to consider strange at all, and their magical animal sidekick going on adventures through a seemingly happy magical world except there are signs pointing to a post-apocalyptic setting all around.

Truly these shows have nothing in common at all, unlike MLP which fits this description so well.

>which no one seems to consider strange at all
Not quite, there was a bit of a reaction when they figured out she might be/is human. Tsuchinoko also made a comment about it even before Shoebill brought it up.

>A show aimed at small children
Yeah, small children who are watching TV at 1:00 am kek

Adventure time is random funny and KF is just supposed to be heartwarming cute. It's exactly the same as mlp down to the right of the big bad with the power of out collect friendship

At the end of the day it's still a manchild show, get over yourselfs. Real alphas don't give a fuck if it's a purple horse or a cgi cat girl, they are going to still think it's beta as fuck while slaying that asuka dakimakura pussy

It's "good" but certainly no masterpiece.
Normally, you go into those ultra-low budget 3D animated series with extremely low expectations, and it manages to shatter them. Now that people have hyped it up, you probably won't the same experience.

Are you seriously suggesting that Shinzaki-oniisan, written completely in Hiragana by the way, was explaining what a Serval is to adults? Daytime timeslots on TV cost money, the one thing this production very obviously did not have. It's okay to like kids shows, you don't have to pretend it's something it's not.

Okay, so it's similar to one in setting and similar to the other in general theme, that works. Never looked at it from that direction, thanks for explaining.

>won't
won't have*

Kemomo Friends is the same reason Touhou is popular, they feed into the same "tons of waifu" genre.

As a show, it's pretty boring and juvenile ( because it's marketed toward children )

Sure. Nature documentaries were never for children

Are kemonofags really this delusional?

>A show aimed at small children but somehow popular among a much older demographic
This is where it fits both for MLP and KF. It's enough to trigger people. The other part of your description wouldn't matter for shitposters.

Are you serious here or just pretending? "Oniisan" is not a honorific you use when talking to adults. You also don't write it with Hiragana (おにいさん) when aiming at anyone who made it past elementary school, you use Kanji (お兄さん) instead.

Yup

In the most unmemetic way, it's AOTS.

*Anime of the Decade

Not him, but Tatsuki pretty much confirmed who it was made for in an interview.
>気づいたのは最近ですが、僕は「けものフレンズ」を「大人の中にいる子供」に向けて作っているのかもしれないと思いました。大人の方が昔見た子供番組というか。
It is written as if it were a kids show, but it's written for adults, to help them reconnect with the child they used to be.

It has lead to less fursecution on Sup Forums.

Fuck off. The show has nothing to do with furries at all.

>kenomimi
>furry