youtube.com/watch?v=4FOAVlqDBP0
Name a better anime? Protip: you can't.
Kaiji and Akagi is masterpiece.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=45uY5QxEPtY
bxrme.tumblr.com/post/69603754319/the-genius-1-2-subbed
youtube.com/watch?v=hEUNyb0eIo8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nobuyuki Fukumoto is one of my fav mangakas.
We need Saikyou Densetsu Kurosawa anime.

Kaiji's s2 opening and s1 ed are some of the best

I can't

Kaiji has pacing issues, Akagi is not nearly as enjoyable if you don't know about Mahjong beforehand.
They're great but not masterpieces.

>THEY MAKE A FUCKING PACHINKO MACHINE INSTEAD OF S3

I wish Kaiji S2+ had more social commentary like the first season did.

Tonegawa's speeches are so quotable you can link them to casuals or ledditors with no anime exposure and they still hit home.

>Make a pachinko machine
>Don't use the fucking pachinko machine arc for it
How did they fuck up so bad?

>watching s1 final episodes

STOP

Gonna be honest I love Fukumoto as well it's really the topics that he does and his art style that get me. Sure, he draws bigger noses than the stuff you find on one of those Jewish Merchant memes but it's just the way he uses sharp angles to create distinct characters which I love. Also his topics aren't really anything all too big as well, they don't deal with giant space battles (I love those don't get me wrong), they just deal with things like gambling or social misfits. I've watched/read Kaiji and I've read Akagi (can't find the anime anywhere to download can someone help me with that) and I can easily say they're some of my fav pieces of manga though for anime Kaiji gets pacing issues along season 2 but season 1 is a masterpiece. And don't even get me started on the openings, they're just great to be frank. I also enjoy how Kaiji and Akagi are different characters really, Akagi is a badass and Kaiji is a loser who just has the willpower and cleverness to win.

Kurosawa contains too many feels to sell well

>Taniuchi is still in jail
>It's been 5 years already
He's gonna be released this year, boys.
But unfortunately, he's probably never going to be able to make OST's ever again due to jap stigma

>I wish Kaiji S2+ had more social commentary like the first season did.
There is some in S2+ but it's more focused on Kaiji's mind without trying to make parallels. Still interesting in my opinion.

I wonder what he's gonna do with his life

All that for smoking marihuana? That's some bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=45uY5QxEPtY

And for possessing 1.5g of weed
That's like 0.05 ounces

You wouldn't say this if you live anywhere but Colorado or California. I'm in the midwest and smoking a joint is as bad as grand theft auto.

At least he's not in Philippines

here
I was basing the 5 year thing on the assumption that he was only charged with possession, but he was apparently selling to a person for 5-6 years.
Was he ever charged for distribution as well?
If so, then it looks like we'll have to wait a longer time for the Kaiji Mahjong Arc

I just want another fukumoto work animated. Is there anything aside from one outs that's like kaiji and akagi?

Ten

Even when you grasp basic concepts of mahjong it's hard to keep up.

Great pleb filter

Korean game show "The Genius" has been mentioned in these threads from time to time and I think people it was recommended to have liked it. The game in the first episode is pretty much Restricted RPS for example. Naturally, being a game show, it's not exactly like FKMT gambles, but I think there's similar kind of feeling there.

Subs: bxrme.tumblr.com/post/69603754319/the-genius-1-2-subbed

>Pacing issues
You can't handle a slow burn

>13 years old

Why didn't the japs like them? Why are their taste so bad?

Liar Game, most complex mind battles i've ever seen in manga

Bog game was twice as long as it should have been

Maybe it reminds them of their own society

You're right. I can't.
>Tfw S3 never ever.
>Tfw translation never ever.

The manga is good too. Too bad the translation is slower than the pacing of S2.

talking about gambling animes i finish this series and is pretty good. And the manga look pretty good too.

Some another recomendations?

youtube.com/watch?v=hEUNyb0eIo8

I can't

Excellent observation.

I miss hearing Akagi's hmmms and little chuckles in the anime. Too bad season two never.

>akagi get a S2
>can't even adapt half of the 5th hanchan

I would unironically watch 20 seasons of Washizu Mahjong. for Washizu