The DOW just went down 1100 points

how much money have you lost?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCB1o7_gbFp2PLsamWxFenBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

None
>poorfag

I Shorted

On paper, about $20k. But I don't anticipate drawing any money out of my investments for another 20+ years, so it's not that big a deal.

my main portfolio is down about £70,000 in the past few days.
most of its contents are long-term holds, and it's pretty diverse, and overall still pretty profitable, so i'm not massively concerned. yet.
i'm still going to wear my brown trousers tomorrow though.

>mfw I was thinking about investing, but didn't feel like the time was right.

The time is ripe to invest in Bitcoin, goy.

shoo shoo crypto Jew, I'm not calling for you!

I dont think anyone was planning on buying now, if I wouldve bought into the initial gains back in november of 2016 i would have gotten out by now, everyone expected this desu.

None. I'm strictly cash. Keeping all of my money rather than giving up 35% of it to the government and then risking it in the market. Maybe one day but not today. Hoping to get a chnk of inheritance of a couple hundred grand (grandparents are fairly wealthy) and get into real estate as my investments as I work as a contractor now. So it's be like the same job but making more.

Give it to me straight, no memes.

Is this drumpfs fault?

I remember him talking about the dow about a month ago.

>Play jewish games.
>Win jewish prizes.
Buy silver/gold. You can't print them and they preserve your wealth.

It's just a correction. Correction, the Jews own your hard earned money. This has been a correction of the nwo.

>Buy silver
>preserve your wealth.
you can only do one of these things

Awakening

>Is this drumpfs fault?
no, not really. just like the rise wasn't really anything to do with him either

>Measuring wealth in dollars.

None, faggot, I didn't invest in meme stocks and am up nearly 40% this past quarter.

Kill yourselves, libfag non-investor poorfags.

investors don't like uncertainty

and last weeks news ddin't lead itself to stability

KEK Nothing.

I bought a brick of silver just to try it out and holy fuck, every day it's either nosediving or going up crazily. If it gets high one day I will sell it but it just looks like the most unpredictable thing ever

You're on the right track, but you've stopped at the wrong destination. Silver and gold - outside of a few small applications - have little intrinsic value or worth, and their use as a de facto currency makes them more susceptible to outside influence that inflates and deflates their values for no particular reason.

Investing more broadly and generally in commodities, though, is a good thing.

>>Measuring wealth in dollars.
i'm british, so i don't do that anyway.
nor do i measure my wealth in shiny junk
i do own some silver coins, for their numismatic appeal
but only gold and a couple of other pms are worth holding for investment/wealth store purposes

what commodities are you talking about?

I'm out a lot of comped sushi, user.

Apolitical currency is trash.
enjoy not being bailed out when it drops over night

Made money on the VIX

>Silver has few applications
Hahahahahahaha
You realize EVERY piece of electronic equipment has silver in it.

Not much, I have my money in gold. Buried.

Metals (not just gold and silver), agriculture, consumables, water, energy.

You don't lose money unless you sell

Down $500 so far, only have 3k in. I am an idiot and decided to invest a month ago thinking the tax cut would work wonders...

Welp.

It doesn't matter if you're investing strategy is long term. Which it should be.

Sitting on a mountain of cash waiting for three more days like today.

I could say the same about copper, but you don't see many people saying 'invest in copper!' even though they probably should.

I'm not saying to avoid gold and silver entirely, but I am saying that they shouldn't make up all our even most of a person's investment portfolio.

>Gold/Silver are used as money for 10s of thousands of years.
>Gold/Silver have to be literally dug out of the earth going thousands of feet into the earth's crust.
>Gold/Silver have to then be refined and processed using industry and manpower.
>No this paper and ink given to me by jews is worth more.
The absolute state of fiat cucks.

80% of the stock market is owned by the top 15-20 %. (((They))) are scared

I think that user is talking about buying physical gold and silver rather than investing in stocks though

Memos notwithstanding, it’s a correction due to inflation and interest rates being more aggressive. If this were a 2008 level happening people in the banking sector would be sick-starting guns. Calm yo tits down.

well gold and silver are only useful when civilization or the economy completely collapses. Until then the supermarket doesn't accept anything but goybucks

After years of saying only the rich invest, you think poor people are losing money?

I thought Trumpweenies were spamming the narrative that the stock market booming up wasn't a bubble?

Will the stormweenies now blame Obama on this bubble?

You don’t lose anything until you sell faggot

Of course I am. Letting another man hold your money is called be a cuck. You have to OWN IT.

Two days does not make a crash.
Even under Obama there was a bigger percentage drop.

yeah sure you did as your magic ball told you to.

well considering we gained 6 or 7 THOUSAND POINTS since he was elected..............nothing.

There's no way you get three pizzas of any size plus give a tip for just $20

This isn't 1997

Why not both?
Putting all your eggs in one basket is stupid.

The stock market indexes are not the economy.

Fine, but hoarding gold will still do you less good in the long run and in most/all circumstances than actually owning productive land that can support ag, mining, farming, ranching, etc.

Diversify, diversify, diversify.

40-50k, but I’m hoping that it causes housing prices to drop before I buy with my VA loan

a few hundred no biggie it'll bounce back

I just buy and hold global index funds. No point in trying to time the market.

>usery thread

>Hi there sweetie! That will be $19.98 plus tip! :)
How do you respond?

Made 2 grand

well once civilization/economy collapses what's to stop you from just going out innawoods and just CLAIMING some land?

Well I was in BTC too, but then I got out @ 17,000 with nearly 1,200 coins. Yea keep a little cash, have some crypto, use silver/gold as a means to store your wealth. That silver and gold will always be there. They can't do anything to make it disappear like they can with paper assets.

Boomer here.
Been trading markets for 30 years.
This is a welcomed correction,
So you cryptokiddie manchildren:
Buy
The
Fucking
Dip

Presumably the current owner of that land, who will be increasinging inclined to protect it with violence the more production that land can support.

Diversity is strength

Says the cuck who lost $20,000 dollars today.
Guess how much I lost today?

None. I invest in cocaine futures.

well here in Canada we have huge swathes of land that are technically owned by the Queen of England, which nobody is allowed to touch. I think those rules would be less enforced with the collapse of the economy/government

I would assume very little if anything given your bragging. But keep in mind that over the last five years gold is down ~25%, while over the same period the Dow is up over 100%. But I digress.

0$ because i don't gamble my live's savings

>how much money have you lost?
I don’t give a shit, haven’t even checked. Lower prices just means I can buy more, not cashing out in the coming decades anyway. I’m young and can afford losing it all so just small cap and high dividend ETF’s and not that bond faggotry.

$0 because I didn’t sell anything like a retard

Thats because they use the paper price to determine the physical price. They "create" bullshit paper gold and drown the market in it which keeps the paper price of gold/silver down. Why do they do this? Because if physical metals go up in price this signals that people do not have faith in the paper currencies. Their entire empire is built on BULLSHIT PAPER and as such real assets like gold/silver must be SUPPRESSED at all costs in order to keep their ponzi scheme going.

Your mind is trapped in their paper paradigm. I am trying to red-pill you on jewing of the highest degree. Wake up!

$250,000 account, lost $2,000 today. Only 30% in stocks. Bought $40,000 in REIT funds today.

Trump's only ''achievement'' is going down the drain already. Amazing

BOOMERS BTFO

When Trump was elected, the DOW was 18,000. As if 24,00 isn't still good. Drumpppppttythhhh

I said going user. Going. This isn't the end

It hasn't even begun.

Kektastic. I have my own house on some beautiful and productive acreage that I own free and clear, so I'm not a particularly concerned. That said, I'm not even really defending fiat currency so much as I am saying that a broader collection of commodities is a better investment (whether your hold it in person or not) than putting all your eggs in just one or two baskets (i.e. only gold and silver).

Boomer here. I still have $2.5M left.. so far all is ok.

Less regulation, corporate tax cuts, less illegal immigration, companies coming back, yeah sure this is beginning of the end. The economy is very good. You can tell because oil demand is high and the price per barrel is going up.

I put everything in money market accounts a week ago. Lost nothing.

I suggest you all start watching the X22 report daily. This is not a suprise if you understand how the central banking system works as a weapon of the jews.

youtube.com/channel/UCB1o7_gbFp2PLsamWxFenBg

Just wait and see.

Fellow boomer, 1.2 million.

Why would anybody post-collapse trade goods for gold or silver? The only reason those things have value is BECAUSE of civilization. Did you really never stop to think about that?

You think civilization will go away if the economy collapses? Wow, the jews have really done a number on you.

Ruh roh

It will still have value. It's not like civilisation as we know it will end if SHTF. We'll just be less civilised.

We will be the same amount of civilized, we just won't use bullshit paper money and print it out of thin air. We will conduct fair and honest buisness using real assets and products instead of debt and paper.

What's NIKKEI at right now

Not with the tens of millions of semi-civilized savages running around

None

I mean there has to be a race war before the ethnostate of course.

That reminds me, I need more ammo

I lost over 4000€.
I consider killing myself.

Probably in the 20-30k range. I only look at it on the 1st of the month so we’ll see by then how it looks.

DOW went up like 40% last year, user. Even before the correction, this was obviously the worst time to start investing. 40% growth is not sustainable in any investment except being the operator of a ponzi scheme. Markets always go up and down, too. Today is probably a decent day to start investing, unless this turns into a crash tomorrow. Buy low, sell high.

stack silver and gold, own real money, don't gamble, work hard and perfect your profession

DOW is bubble Jews made to get money out of boomers.

sorry but i don't participate in ponzis