FLCL2/3, How badly will Adult Swim ruin it?

So with Adult Swim part of the production committee, how badly will they fuck it up in their quest to sanitize for their western audience?

The studio wanted to put in nudity but Adult Swim killed it;

lostinanime.com/2017/07/anime-expo-day-two-ballroom-evergarden-flcl/

In case I fail with the link the takeaway paragraph:

"..Apparently the Adult Swim side is having a direct impact on creative decisions – for example, several times I.G. came to them asking for approval for nudity, and was denied. Naturally this is rather unsettling. There was talk about two different versions for Japanese and American TV, but the Adult Swim guys were adamant that wouldn’t happen."

They ruin everything. I had to watch the big O and cowboy bebop subbed because I couldn't stand the shit they pulled.

The mc looks like a fucking tumblr persona for a "im not like other girl" 16 y/o who's into anime

A Rick and Morty cameo.

Already ruined, holy shit.

I'm trying to recall if there was nudity in the original and i can't think of a single scene

Good riddance. If some lonely animators want to turn FLCL into seasonal ecchi harem schlock so they can make Haruko fall in love with their self-insert, then I'm glad AS put their foot down. Pic related is one of the many reasons why the new PPG was a fucking trainwreck, so someone needs to whip those betas into line. I want a neat story, not a self-masturbatory extension. The first FLCL was creatively sexual and didn't rely on standard tropes (boob grab, boy falls on to girl, etc) that plagued most other anime, so hopefully this will force the animators to actually think about how to make an interesting situation rather than just saying "let's throw in a contemplative batch scene and call it a day".

there were some pretty skimpy outfits but I don't remember any actual nudity

There was no nudity in the original FLCL, so why sould there be in this one?

There was that Ninamori bath scene, and I'm pretty sure Naota was also shown in the bath at some point.

That's not nudity.

>that pic related

This shit can't be real

I mean, she was nude, so what do (you) qualify as nudity? Full frontal view with glowing light censorship?

>Full frontal view with glowing light censorship
Yes
Bare breast dude, there has been bathing scenes in anime of all different age groups, that's not nudity.

So we're getting the lesbian ending then to push an agenda or some shit?

Fuck. I like the main guy's plainness.

This is already doomed to fail from the start, literally everything looks like generic milquetoast anime except the single character lifted from the first FLCL. I have no idea why you would make a creative decision like that.

Is Adult Swim known for ruining things? Excluding World Peace of course.

>Hot take based on 40 seconds of random clips

Why do faggots do this?

I'm literally only looking at the art design. Unless I'm mistaken and that bland headphone girl isn't the main character we'll be forced to look at the whole time?

Wait Trigger isnt making this?

Based Guardian Enzo

>So we're getting the lesbian ending then to push an agenda or some shit?
Yup.
If it's a female lead anime or cartoon or has a large female cast it's gonna get dykey as fuck and dykey as fuck fast.
Hilarious thing is that...shows like that bomb huge and are only kept afloat/on the air by queers, thirsty jailhouse gay chicks, and losers of both sexes.
I defy you to name 5 major pieces of media that didn't have a full on lez scene or the titular/main heroine(s) lezing out. Go on.

>FLCL into seasonal ecchi harem schlock
>nudity means this
>Sup Forums-shit

Jesus christ faggot, keep your shit together.

I'm not the typical Sup Forums pessimist but judging from what little was shown in the trailer, the character designs and backgrounds definitely pales in comparison to the original ova. Should have gotten the original character designer on board.

Three instances, as far as I can remember:

1. Mayor's Daughter in the bath
2. Takkun in the bath
3. Jack Link's Dad Jerky

The first series was great with next to no nudity, and when there was nudity, it was incidental at most. The most risque scene in the first series involved nothing but a fried egg and some thigh.

I don't approve of Adult Swim telling the team what they can and can't do, but I still don't think a lack of nudity means things are getting derailed.

If anything, it means they'll have to be more creative with their imagery.

>it means

It means nothing user. Because you can have nudity and creativity together.

Arbitrary limitations are for hacks.

You can have nudity and creativity together, yes.

But you're more likely to be creative if you have to think of ways to bypass the limitations.

Like I said, the first series got its point across just fine without nudity, through the use of metaphor.

If they need the nudity to tell their story now, then maybe they just aren't what they used to be and the series is going to be shit anyway. Because they certainly didn't need it before.

A hack needs arbitrary limits.

You're also a hack if you can't find a way to get around arbitrary limits.

Adult Swim are well known for airing experimental shows that usually won't have a chance anywhere else.

Some of these Sup Forumsnons just hate everything not-jap.

>you're more likely to be creative if you have to think of ways to bypass

If you're a hack, yes.

>If they need the nudity to tell their story now, maybe they aren't what they used to be

Or maybe their target audience is older and they want to have the ability to do more with the material.

Then again Gainax was mostly the reason the original was such a success. And they are defunct now. SO maybe you're right on that note.

But not the glorification of limitations.

>how badly will they fuck it up

If I remember Big O season 2 correctly

very, very badly.

>nudity
Then they will find more subtle ways to be lewd which will turn you lot on anyway. Not like the story would lose any meaning without a generic bath scene panning up the heroine slowly.

>Need 2D tities to tell a story.

What kind of story are they telling where they NEED nudity?

But they did get the original character designer on board.

If you're a hack, then the thing you wanted to do was probably trash in the first place. If it wasn't trash, then you'll probably just settle for something that wasn't as good.

Someone who isn't a hack would find a way to get what they want despite what they were told.

I don't want to glorify limitations, but I absolutely believe that if you need nudity to make this good, then it probably didn't have much going for it in the first place.

It's plausible that nudity would add something good. It's more probable that it would just be fanservice, like most anime featuring nudity.

>Someone who isn't a hack would find a way to get what they want despite what they were told.

You could probably have put it better, but yeah. I don't really have much expectations for this in the first place if they are listening to the demands of some random overseas TV producers.

Now that I think about it, another example of anime that got released in the west at the very same time was Space Dandy, and that was fucking garbage.

The same kind of story that would NEED colour and good looking animation too no doubt.

It's going to be western-cartoon tier.

I watched Big O subbed but Bebop dubbed