What would happen if the minimum wage went up to $15/hr?

What would happen if the minimum wage went up to $15/hr?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9KbUSt2Kybo
stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=MIN2AVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cats being friendly with dogs, general anarchy

Lots of other professions would require a raise as well seeing as flipping burgers now pays 31k/year.

Thus a chain reation occures where these increased wages get factored into the price of goods.

This is called inflation.

Then the people on fixed income start wailing because they Social Security Checks, EBT, Welfare is now worth half as much as day before.

Inflation.

Lots of people would lose their jobs.

Then the US trade deficit would not be 500 billion, but a trillion. US products would be so expensive (they already are), that exports would decrease.

Wait and see, $14 now in some parts of Canada.

Inflation. It's pretty basic shit, user.

if i owned a big parent company, id call up all the other parent companies for a meeting. since were all dealing with forced increased wages, id propose we raise the price of fucking everything as a big fuck you to the slaves. so now every item you will ever buy in your life will be more expensive because the people that own north america can make it so.

It is $15/hr where I live, and the economy is booming.

This is known as price fixing, and is highly illegal under US federal law.

This puts CEOs in prison man.

Mega corporations would giggle and brush it off while while local owned small businesses would start going under en masse. Unfortunately the lefties who support it won't realize what they'd done until their favorite local sushi places and coffeehouses closed down.

>implying inflation isn't already happening

>minimum wage is $7/hr
>employer can afford to hire two people

>minimum wage goes up to $15/hr
>employer can no longer afford to have both employees
>one of them loses their job and has to either get a new job elsewhere which will be harder because of the very reason he lost his job in the first place, or he will become a welfare leech and be a burden on society

you tell me, user

Look at Australia

I'd quit my construction job and go work at McDonalds.

Interpolate. The tax break caused the stock market to plunge 1000 pts in one round....

>i deserve $15/hr

Everyone who's made something of himself and doesn't work a wagecuck job but isn't super rich would see their wages significantly devalued

With $15/hour, Minimum wage employees are McFucked™

People who work shit jobs full time would earn a staggering 30k per year

even with the new kiosks, they still fuck up your order, it pretty bad when you cannot get all items on the ticket on to a tray and bring it out to the person.

Jesus Christ.
Is that... cheese on the side taken literally?

Virtue signaling unemployment.

Not true. The places I've seen that installed these screens just ended up shifting employees to the back to keep pace with orders coming in faster.

The price of everything goes up to offset the difference.
>"Oh everyone makes at least $15 an hour now? I guess we can charge $5 for a bottle of coke from the vending machine"

Did you know some people in Zimbabwe make like 500 Trillion Zimbabwean dollars a year?! They must live like kangs!

reduced hours

people who fuck up that badly shouldn't even have the job to begin with
sure looks like it

Bullshit. Why the fuck would they spend money on more employees than necessary?

Leave Mcdonalds and become Moonman.
Same story, he got fucked over by them.

youtube.com/watch?v=9KbUSt2Kybo

Orders come in faster. They shift people who were cashiers into the kitchen to keep up. It's pretty simple.

a lot of losers will have more money to spend on illegal drugs.

everyone making less than $15 an hour would be unemployed

Got more information and data on such a bold claim?

Interested to see it so I can use it here.

most businesses who pay $8.5 an hour can definitely afford $15 per employee.

You say you cannot afford 10 employees on $15 an hour ? hire 5 good employees and pay them $15/h.

Its a matter of optimization and hiring efficient people.

Small businesses would suffer and large corps would gain

>devalue gibs
>reward people who at least go to work

why is this a bad thing?

All landlord jews raises rent.

>minimum wage went up to $15/hr?
Basic goods and services would go up in price to reflect this new "wealth". It would cause an inflation of the cost of "basic" goods....Bread/milk/Shitpaper etc.

Then people who worked their asses off to make 20+/Hr are going to start to feel the crunch. Some will say "fuck it" and go compete for the $15/hr jobs...which will push the uneducated right out of the workforce again.

$15/hour minimum is a joke, but it will create stronger competition. Who is Mcdonalds going to hire? Some dude with a Highschool diploma, or a college grad?

Personally, I think there should be no such thing as "minimum wage". You work for the amount you agree upon.

but the higher you get, thr less this is the case.
a surgeon aint gonna be asking for a raise "because min. wage went up and big macs are now 20 cents more"

and the ultra-rich reptilians, like the walton sisters, could actually lose a smidgeon of pocket change. not that it would crimp their lifestyle in the slightest.

Everyone making $15.50/hr riots.
Seriously, though. Why does anyone think it's a good idea to have the government mandate that businesses pay more for the same jobs after the government likely caused the increases in living expenses to begin with?

The cost of goods and services would go up, as in moar inflation.

Yeah cuz that happens lol

I've done both, would stay in construction

It's a good idea. Fair pay for workers and you'd protect yourself from undercutting wages by illegal and legal low quality immigration.

I'll happily jump in.
Min wage is about 18.27 right now in Australia, if you don't live in Sydney or Melbourne I suppose you can live somewhat decenntly on next to nothing.

But as a business owner, we are paying far too much for far too little work procured. We have to pay another 21-40% plus overtime on top of these wages....

In which the current political debate is all about wage growth.
Now consider the Aud/USD is about.,80 right now, so 1.25 USD = 1 aud .

America has far cheaper living standards , but less strain on business. The min wage gap is about 240% and reduces employment opportunities due to the additional expense.

If the USD min was 15, then you'd have less jobs it's as simple as that.
In my opinion 7.50 is okay, but maybe 10 would be better and fair compromise.

You have obviously never run a business.

>I've done both, would stay in construction

Less likely to have to work with nigs, I would imagine.

inflation

>He thinks illegals are paid legal wages
Illegals are paid like 5/hour but they don't pay any taxes so to them it's just like minimum wage. That is the problem, people paying non-citizens illegal wages that citizens cannot legally compete with, and then the same non-citizens even dodge taxes while using a CA-issues license (they offer to illegals specifically) to qualify for government programs. It is bad here. It is very bad.

This is also the case, Australian gibs is like 12 grand a year for a single l (disgusting) person . The minimum wage yeilds about 36 grand a year and the ( bullshit) median wage is apparently on the 78k range .

So gibs are devalued,. It then people cheat the system and claim disability or steal from their kids benefits.

If there was a way to just get rid of gibs
.. donate them to Israel as slaves maybe !

Inflation bitch... is so simple we have a phd in that shit none wins in that situation

Hopefully the elimination of tipping.

This guy actually understands basic economics! Holy fuck.

arizona currently has a bill that is gradually raising the minimum wage to i think $12 an hour, and every year shit from the pub keeps getting slightly more expensive

>>employer can no longer afford to have both employees
And that employer is now making less revenue and profit because they have reduced the number of people earning them income by 1.
Employers don't hire people to do nothing outside of very large very wealthy companies.

Inflation is the baby understanding answer, but the real answer should indicate what degree of price raise. Most products are not created end to end by employees making min wage, even then those few that are employee wages are a small fraction of the overall cost of goods. The correct answer is a blending of slight prices rises, moderate increases in some classes of spending, moderate changes in savings and slight changes in the overall economic picture.

For real life examples take a look at boom towns in oil and gas, overall no one is crying that things would be better if all the people went back to lower wages.

>Who is Mcdonalds going to hire? Some dude with a Highschool diploma, or a college grad?
High school.

We do but since arizona is mostly a city state it kinda works, there isn't much outside phoenix/Tuscon.

The price of literally EVERYTHING will go up.

Why would the price of products that end to end employ no workers near the wage point of min wage go up?

Everything will start getting more expensive and we will just have a new poor when people that make $15/hr now don't have their wages raised to match the inflation. So then those on min wage are poor again, and then a new class is now poor too.

Purchasing power and deflation.

I don't think you know what those words mean.

The working would actually be hurt by this, but the rich not at all. Most of the rich have their money in investments. These increase in value as inflation increases. The working rely on cash instead of investments. As inflation increases, the value of cash decreases.

A raise in minimum wage would actually increase the gap between rich an poor. But that's the point, now, isn't it?

> one line reply
opinion discarded

I've seen many many inefficient employees getting paid to do basically nothing for most of the day, they are in every single company out there.

Besides I think minimum wage should be adjusted according to company profits. Wealthier companies should be able to pay 15 per hour as a minimum wage.

I didn't really look into the income structure of americans, but what i can see from

stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=MIN2AVE

the minimum wage in comparison to the mean income is lower than that of Germany.
Now, as we inplemented minimum wage just some years ago and documented the economic effects of that meassure, it was found that there has been a overproportional decline in part time work, while at the same time full time jobs have overproportionally increased. As the american minimum wage is comparetably low, you could expect the effect of a rasing minimum wage to be even more moderate than in Germany.

That said, a doubling of the minimum wage from one day to the other would most probably constitute a so called price shock on the low skilled labour market, wich inevitably results in huge layoffs, completely unnecessary and abrupt inflation and other ugly stuff.

Problem is also, that with the current low energy prices and other factors will most likely overlay the data samples of german economists and as the proposed effects are allready hard to meassure, it's said that the decline in part time work can surely be attributed to minimum wage, while you simply can't know if the raise in full time employement is due to that law.

One problem in determining that is that, besides the so called "neo-classical" market model, wich predicts layoffs with a minimum wage that's higher than the labour market equilibrium, there are actually way more models that, for example, predict a raise in aggregate demand and therefore employement, or other positive effects on the labour market.

Also: Inflation is a bollocks argument.
Every busines administrator knows that, in most cases, a higher output in production lowers the median costs of a product, as its fix cost+variable costs are devided by the number of output.
If now, because of a higher aggregated demand the of consumers the aggregated output is also raising, the real costs lower.

Also: Sorry for my shit english

Minimum wage BTFO. Liberals on suicide watch.