FLCL 2 OST

So, which songs from the pillows would you like to hear in the new season?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AjIOZJOQyQg
youtu.be/Ix7mDEclKxU?t=10s
youtube.com/watch?v=wdjZNZyIO7s
youtu.be/QeFkpBZ3ZX0
youtube.com/watch?v=DwQ8ynOkaUw
youtube.com/watch?v=R2EM6lMHxRg
youtu.be/yXIndzsY40M?t=876
youtube.com/watch?v=4o2sA0vpA-4
youtube.com/watch?v=cn9AG5Y0xX4
youtube.com/watch?v=uKiivwr9iww
youtube.com/watch?v=SGqkRGaw-Vg
youtube.com/watch?v=hpIZG7ac9cA
youtube.com/watch?v=3YYDb4g0inU
youtube.com/watch?v=Kr97ZablLSU
youtube.com/watch?v=hek9lh_fjQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=uj0BmZI1pYU
youtube.com/watch?v=GbOd2aZ38Oc
youtube.com/watch?v=rj07BMG-EIo
youtube.com/watch?v=HKcUeDB9rYc
youtube.com/watch?v=0T8rvksQMXo
youtube.com/watch?v=ashe_4phX_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=5LrPtld_j2s
youtube.com/watch?v=OxOl2GEaEGg
youtube.com/watch?v=BSAZ59hwoms
youtube.com/watch?v=cP3uVLbD0rA
youtu.be/A7rnYJxh4B4?t=765
youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7mDEclKxU
youtube.com/watch?v=ko1pstNqebM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

RADIOTELEGRAPHY

New ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=AjIOZJOQyQg

Can you feel, that hybrid rainbow?

Always really liked Inhuman

/thread

a man of culture

Can anybody tell me what the song was from the trailer PLEASE for the love of fuck? was it a new one?

Wanna see something of mamimi, i wonder if she became a whore or her life got better.

The Pillows - Spiky Seeds
at least i think it is
it says so in the bottom right corner of the trailer user
youtu.be/Ix7mDEclKxU?t=10s

Since the tan chick has a jazz master i hope we get some rad surf music

It's amazing that no other group really sounds like The Pillows. Even if you ignore the fact that they're Japanese, their music is so unique.

I really think the singer is a one of a kind, if he was born in America he would probably be really big.

The factory was destroyed and the town went under.

she probly does AV's

Wow, just watched the trailer. Looks like cgi shit.

Heh, imagine if they actually showed or hinted something like this.

SPIDA

I heard it!

youtube.com/watch?v=wdjZNZyIO7s

This song better make it

Little Busters was pretty hype
youtu.be/QeFkpBZ3ZX0

This Alternatively:
New Animal
youtube.com/watch?v=DwQ8ynOkaUw

No Self Control
youtube.com/watch?v=R2EM6lMHxRg

Our Peace and Love
youtu.be/yXIndzsY40M?t=876

I could see her becoming like a photography reporter or something like that, given that the last time we see her at the end of the show was her taking a photo of the ending.

I will be shocked and disappointed if Last Dinosaur is not in there somewhere.

I kinda hope it isn't.
They used it in episode 6 to an amazing degree and I hope that this season and the third will be all new stuff that makes its mark as their own moments in the show.

Somewhat still on topic, I hope they also don't go "remember this, you guys?" with this sort of stuff. So far everything seems stable.

>No Self Control
my nigga

I hope there's a lot of dumb shit in this like the original

NOTHING WILL EVER TOP Last Dinosaur

How long after the original do you think this one takes place, senpai?
We see in the beginning of the trailer that neko-chan is walking through the ruins of the climax of episode 6. So is it soon after?

hope she is a whore

Eyebrows?

youtube.com/watch?v=4o2sA0vpA-4

>pillows formed in 1989
>they have released 20 albums

jesus christ

Sleepy Head is better, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=cn9AG5Y0xX4

You know what's really awesome about this, I got so obsessed with the pillows after the first FLCL and I downloaded everything I could find at the time. I actually took the time to make a "FLCL FUTURE" CD-R and hand picked a bunch of tracks. I can't really remember what was on it, but here are at least a few of my faves:

Across the Metropolis
youtube.com/watch?v=uKiivwr9iww
Such a great chill song.

Century Creepers
youtube.com/watch?v=SGqkRGaw-Vg
Good action song.

Degeneration
youtube.com/watch?v=hpIZG7ac9cA

Everyday Songs
youtube.com/watch?v=3YYDb4g0inU

I Know You
youtube.com/watch?v=Kr97ZablLSU

March of the God

Ritalin 202
(can't find this one)

Sono Mirai wa Ima
youtube.com/watch?v=uj0BmZI1pYU

That's some of the better ones...I'm tempted to try and remake that playlist.

Just gotta say, I'm an originalfag, and the pillows got me through college and grad school. FLCL is probably one of my top 5. Have to say I'm pretty damned stoked for this even if it might be crap.

Wtf, niggas, are you even ridding on a shooting star

new or gtfo

>"Have to say I'm pretty damned stoked for this even if it might be crap."

This, honestly. It looks like it will be fine. I don't entirely hold FLCL into the highest heavens of being the best thing ever, but it's something I hold close to my heart.
The original has been sealed and set in stone and it will always be there. I'm ready to see FLCL in a different light and I hope that that's what these two season will show me.

I really want them to include a nice montage or something with March Of The God

Thunder Whales Picnic is pretty rockin' too
youtube.com/watch?v=GbOd2aZ38Oc

I would also really like it if they revisited Kool Spice with Twilight Park Waltz or Sha-la-la
youtube.com/watch?v=rj07BMG-EIo

I'm Broken Piece-The secret song on Penalty Life is really good too
youtube.com/watch?v=HKcUeDB9rYc

As much as I love The Pillows! their approach to song structure is pretty predictable and boring when you apply some music theory,however their exemplary instrumentation,melody,and use of harmonies makes damn near every Pillows! song an absolute joy to listen to

>missed watching FLCL when I was a preteen
Feels pretty shitty, I would have eaten this up hard back then.

I feel like it's okay to be predictable if you're good enough. Like, I don't need them to experiment, I like their stuff as it is, and since nobody else is really putting out music like this, let them fill the niche.

>ill never be japanese
>ill never go to the cd store with my nip friends check the new The Pillows album
>ill never hang out with them while the sun sets and we listen to some neat tracks

Saw The Pillows in Manhattan back in 2003 at the Cotton Factory. Was a Junior in HS and dragged my dad to the show cause he didn't trust me to go into Manhattan alone. He ended up being highly impressed cause they are absolutely incredible live.

watching it when you are young for the goofy shit

then watching it years later and understanding the SOL shit is fucking nuts.

Same. But at the same time I'm happy to watch it as an adult. It gives me strong wave of nostalgia.

get some audiophile friends user

>tfw we have bi-weekly trips to record stores near and far
>tfw we hunt old,new,and weird albums
>tfw we take turns hanging out at each other's houses and spin vinyl on one of our setups,make some food,and shoot the shit until it's time to go back to our girlfriends,families,and children

it's still a bretty gud life user,you just gotta go out and find some friends user-kun

My friend in HS gave me the entire discography up to Wake Up! after I watched FLCL. They've been my favorite band ever since.
As far as hopes I kind of want everything to be new and not from the original. I think something like We Have a Theme Song would probably fit pretty well.
youtube.com/watch?v=0T8rvksQMXo

>One Life
>Carnival
>Funny Bunny
Wow, that was fucking easy.

I didn't watch it until I was 16 or 19 and I've still got massive nostalgia over it. I don't think it's an age thing, As long as you kinda get it, I think you'll feel the same thing.

It's like watching EVA for the first time - which I also did very recently - you watch the entire original series, then you watch EoE, than you take a week to ull over what you just saw, and you either end up hating it or mostly hating the characters, or loving everything about it. I ended up in the later, actually.

Sometimes I just have to take a moment and be thankful that I have friends to hang out with. That there are people in the world that give a shit that I exist.

I remember that Pillows got me to actually expand my horizons to like more music. Not just bands in general but just different songs and sounds.
Kinda pushed me into the Gorrilaz/Albarn stuff and than into a bunch of other things from there on.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ashe_4phX_Y
>no one posted this

Nani the fuck?

Isn't that always a given though?

>People are excited for this trash
It was good as is, why the fuck are they making another series that was just a shitty metaphor for growing up and sex.

honestly,The Pillows are a good gateway band for anyone,japanese or otherwise.As an english speaker,you won't listen to the Pillows for the lyricism,but for the instrumentation and vocals.But I'm glad that you went out of your comfort zone and gave other bands and genres a chance

it's a good song,but it's played to death.It's not even the best Pillows song.People just remember it for FLCLimax

>nani the fuck
get out summer cancer

As much as I love the original soundtrack, why the hell would they reuse any of it? The pillows have an insane discography to choose from and 99% of it is fucking awesome.

No one is excited for this, user. Sup Forums has been shitting on the idea since it was first announced.

youtube.com/watch?v=5LrPtld_j2s

Horn Again is such a great album, hopefully this and Stroll and Roll are the 2 most used ones.

>it's played to death
What? I thought the meme song was 'Ride on Shooting Star'.

Sup Forums doesn't like anything. Pretty much anyone outside of Sup Forums is hyped for this.

I have high hopes for it honestly.

Adult Swim is making it as a labor of love, and it looks like Haruko is the only returning character. The only right way to do this would be to try to capture the feel of the original series without being too related to it, and that looks like its what AS is doing.

Little Buster's is my favorite Pillows song but I know damn well it's an overplayed meme song

Meme song is Hybrid Rainbow

Is their discography worth going through? I've listened to all the FLCL soundtracks, is that enough? Are any of their non-soundtrack projects worth a listen?

100% yes

Absolutely, just be aware that a lot of their songs sound really similar. There aren't any particular huge standout tracks.

To be honest, I hope there are just small things or really limited cameos or background elements to the old characters.
ever since the new seasons were announced, I've just wanted to see Naota in a fucking office cubical or in high-school dreading his life but still moving forward. There's honestly a lot of stuff they could do with the old characters if they execute it right. I mostly just want to see how they've grown up along with me and I want to see that realistic portrayal.

They have nearly 30 years of music with the FLCL soundtrack making up 3 or 4 of them. Give that shit a listen.

Rather that than "yet another moe slice of life high school anime"

The meme songs are

Hybrid Rainbow
Ride On Shooting Star
I think I can
Last Dinosaur
Crazy Sunshine
Funny Bunny

Nobody ever talks about the other songs that played in any of the 6 episodes.Patricia,One Life,Rush,Happy Bivouac,Beautiful Morning With You,shit,half of the fans don't even know the names of the songs,the other half only know from Sawao shouting the name of it during the chorus

So I am safe for liking Little Busters?

>not knowing Instant Music

youtube.com/watch?v=OxOl2GEaEGg

banger

You can like any song user, just because they're overplayed doesn't mean they're not good.

>Patricia
I rewatched FLCL Sunday and still didn't catch when Patricia plays.

Sorry, I meant that I'm not a meme for liking it

oh no you're a fucking meme faggot

The Last Dinosaur, all the way. This song basically defined my early teenage years.

Best FLCL song coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=BSAZ59hwoms

I know it's on the second OST as a instrumental but I can't tell you what episode it played in.

Come down, advice, stalker, the cig song.

I think Kool Spice and Living Field are both great different sounding songs, at least from the FLCL ost.

Also Stalker is rather unique.
youtube.com/watch?v=cP3uVLbD0rA

Meme song is Bran New Love Song, but even then that song with the vocal version is amazing.

you were always safe for liking anything from The Pillows,I was just stating that those songs are the only ones that sound familiar to people that enjoyed the OST

there's a few other tracks that I didn't list because I was just making a general statement.No one talks about Stalker either,and that's some good shoegaze

Sup Forums's OFFICIAL The Pillows! DISCOGRAPHY POWER RANKING

1.Little Busters
2.Happy Bivouac
3.My Foot
4.Horn Again
5.Please Mr.Lostman
6.Runners High
7.Smile
8.Moondust
9.Kool Spice The Patrician's Choice
10.Penalty Life
99.Everything Else

This is the only song I wouldn't mind returning, as long as it's used in the same context as in the original

Nice

>not liking Naked Shuffle

again, what recommend? listen the all discography of The Pillows or just the FLCL ost? they have good albums after FLCL?

>Living Field not there
senpai...

Something Like a Romance is one of my favorite Pillows songs. It's so god damn chill.
youtu.be/A7rnYJxh4B4?t=765

they have a lot of good Albums. everything that's really early like 1994-2005 is pretty good.

Idk if anyone here watched Beck but at the last episode they play Last Dinosaur and Advice it waw cool

I NEED THIS SONG NOW
youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7mDEclKxU

>sweden

This song has so much passion in it, I think a season 2 of the anime that made them big is revitalizing The Pillows drive.

Don't know entirely about passion but it's certainly one of the best things I've heard from thin a long line of albums that didn't grip me.
I also really hope they get back in the groove again from it though. Maybe all they needed was a bit of direction.

Also even after like 15 years the dudes voice still sounds almost exactly the same.

the nips are exciting too for S2 or S3? what was their reaction?

>the nips are exciting too for S2 or S3
Look on jap twitter, most seem to hate it, asking why westerners have to ruin a series that didn't need any more episodes.

Only time will tell.
Was it ever said if Adult Swim was the one funding this? Cause I don't see them in the jap version. While I'm pretty happy this exists, I'm wondering who exactly in Japan thought to take this up.

>Was it ever said if Adult Swim was the one funding this
Yes actually, it was.

Then again, I find it a little odd their name doesn't pop up in the jap trailer.
And even weirder that jap animators or companies would even give a shit unless AS is waving around some big-dick cash. They're reviving one of Gainax's old things so this isn't something low budget.

youtube.com/watch?v=ko1pstNqebM

It didn't need any more episodes.