Shokugeki no Soma

Chapter 222 Spoiler Pics soon

> Isshiki tells Soma where Megishima currently is.
>Megishima is in Hokkaido too and Soma tells Erina that he wants to go see him now.
>According to Erina, Megishima is a necessary figure for this battle , but unlikely to join the alliance.
>Erina: Tosuke Megishima’s another name is “The Shokugeki hating Chef”.
>Soma and Tadokoro arrive at Asahikawa and go to the Ryokan (like a hotel) where Megishima is.
>But the local people take an aggressive stance to them because they’re Tootsuki students.
>Right after Azami rose to power, the first thing he did was to force a partnership with the restaurants in Hookaido.
>And the restaurants that rejected the partnership, were bullied through different ways like pressuring suppliers to stop working with them.
>And there are around 10-20 restaurants that were forced to close down because of that.
>And during this chaos, it was Megishima that appeared.
>Megishima used to travel all over Japan to master Ramen. And restaurants that struggled financially were rescued by him, which caused his name to spread all over Japan.
>Many Ramen restaurants owners have a great trust in him because of that, they call him young master or Boss (Yakuza’s boss is the Kanji that is used here), making him the young King of the Ramen World.
>Megishima tells them that he will use all his powers to help them continue running their restaurants.
>And at that moment, Soma and Tadokoro come to the place.
>Soma again asks Megishima to join his team but he declines the offer.
>Megishima: I don’t want to use my Ramen as a tool for war.
>Tadokoro says that this battle is for the sake of her friends who will be expelled.
>But Megishima still declines saying that he’s busy saving the Ramen world.
>Soma: When I become the first seat, I will use my powers to help out the Ramen World.
>Megishima: I hate people that only use their mouths.
>Soma challenges him to a Ramen battle.
>Megishima: I guess I need to discipline you.

>The result ends up with a clear win for Megishima.
>Soma who isn’t giving up says that he will continue to challenge him until he wins.
>After fighting multiple battles with Soma, Megishima seems to have been convinced by Soma's enthusiasm and agrees to help him out. (Just to be clear, it's just an assumption that Soma's enthusiasm is what convinced Megishima, but the fact that there isn't a clear explanation means there is more to it.)
>Megishima: I will promise you. In this Régiment de Cuisine, I will use all of my powers to help you win.

Does she deserve all the hate?

>Megishima used to travel all over Japan to master Ramen. And restaurants that struggled financially were rescued by him, which caused his name to spread all over Japan.

Megishima is such a nice guy

Previous Thread

Yes.

>looks boring as fuck
>lame personality
>jobs in her first onscreen shokugeki

Can't really say she deserves hate. She actually deserves nothing at all.

In fact the only thing she deserves is to be ignored, forgotten and eventually to be written out of the story.

It's fun shitting on her just to see the buttblasted self-insert reactions.

Kuga is a MIRACLE.

i can't wait until that chinkboytoyfaggot gets put in his place as a character that barely shows up in the manga

During Tsukudas Q&A. There's a question that stated; "Why did Rindou and the others side with Azami? Why did Megishima go against Azami?" and this was his answer
>The fun thing about the E10 is that they all have their own motives and personality and I plan to explain their decisions more in the future. Megishima will play a very crucial role in the upcoming chapters so keep an eye out (Yuto smiles)
Later on in the series, we'll get some backstory for each traitor it seems like so look forward to some more Nene

Kuga a cute. The reason i still not dropping this piece of shit manga. How does tosh do it?

There's not a single Nenefag here.

>>Megishima is in Hokkaido too and Soma tells Erina that he wants to go see him now.
I hope the interaction of Soma talking to Erina will be cute.

Nah, her character honestly didn't do anything to deserve a quarter of the hate since she showed up for only a few chapters; sure she lost, but she also went up against Soma who has the biggest plot armor in the entire series so I'm not sure what people expected. Did they seriously think Soma would lost the first battle?

People just jumped onto the ridiculous bandwagon.

Out of all central members, her motivation is the most obvious. She basically has the same ideology
>take one recipe, train in to the perfection, never experiment, never try anything new

>Implying.
>When everything I throw a banter or two along her way, at least three buttblasted replies in several hours.

Cute character design but poor writing forced her to job horribly.

The fact that anyone was shocked by her loss to Souma is hilarious, considering Souma's never lost a serious match and had to face the consequences before.

Source of your pic? Need more lewd Kugas

>cute.

another filler chapter

It's not filler retard

dont reply to fags

You don't know what filler is, dumbass. They gotta explain why Megishima is fighting for them at some point.

>>Soma: When I become the first seat, I will use my powers to help out the Ramen World
Why the fuck does it have to be Soma to be the first seat to help the Ramen World? It would've been much easier to convince Megishima that if he told him that he'll be the new first seat if they win and can do his thing for Ramen World.

oh yeah
such an advancement to the plot to know why this secondary character decided to join the rebels
let's make an entire chapter of him

How do you type so efficiently with both of your hands trying to jerk off your own micropenis?

i ask for your mom to do it for me

Damn dude, when are you going to grow up?

shut up fool, are u that anxious to see another souma match or something?

when you stop making penis jokes

i'm anxious to see rindou beat the crap out of megishima

I won't stop making penis jokes, especially not about yours since it's obviously a joke in and of itself.

we all know that perfect boy and rindou will win and then erina and souma will take them in the final round

THE CALL THAT SAVED TOOTSUKI

It will be a 4 vs 2.

then probably the two of them will turn sides and join the rebels

I mean Eishi/Rindou vs OT4. Sword and Momo exist to job.

I WANT THE OVA.

I WANT TO CUM INSIDE ERINA!

im not gay but i would fuk him u kno

So what are the characters most of Sup Forums, likes?

>not the same filename

DELET

This is my autist, there are many like it but this one is mine.

I hope Megishima beats Rindo just to shut you Rindofags up

>My favorites don't appear in the chapter
>FILLERRRRRRRRRRRR

Go back to mangahelpers BaBYShiBa

Explain.

BaBYShiBa is user on mangahelpers who thinks every chapter that doesn't have Rindo or Erina as the focus is lame and uninteresting

he does have a point

Shut up SirSamuel016

So is Megishima the opposite of Tsukasa?

t. a retarded waifufag.

I want to ____ Rindou-senpai

>Tsukasa- Selfish chef who cares only of his cooking

>Megishima- Good chef who helps those that have their restaurants shut down

I'd say so yeah

what's more in this manga than waifu and shipping?
you honestly tell me you're oh so interested to find out how souma will get elite #1 place?

speaking of it
i always thought erina would get 1st place after this arc ends

befriend

feed

kiss

This desu
I'd love to be her bro

Spoiler Pics when?

3-4 hours

Before Soma and Megumi head out to Megishima, I hope Soma and Erina's interaction will be very cute when he ask her about his whereabouts

I hope they give us reasons why the cute blondes are not going, even a "fuck off, we don't care" would be nice.

Has anyone tried to fix his tie for him?
I mean considering the guy is such a perfectionist, it's a lil weird he just leaves it so loose and slung over his shoulder like a scarf.

The tie has a life of its own.

>all this bullshit just so he ends up jobbing to Rindou
Meh.

Same thing happened with Alice after she lost to Soma.

Every just calls her a shit jobber despite the fact she's still one of the better chefs in the setting. But you're on Sup Forums, memes and bandwagoning are what keeps it going.

Anyone who loses to Megumi will forever be a jobber, no redemption.

She was supposed to be Erina's rival, and she was all bark and no bite. That's the reason people call her a jobber and honestly I like her but I don't pretend she is anything more than a nice girl.

Alice and Erina are practically the same but with different personalities. Alice the playful one, Erina the series one. Also the things Erina has done before Azami appeared, Alice has done as well which is how they're similar

Erina the serious one*

I'm not talking about their personalities? I'm talking about them cooking wise. Alice haven't do shit since "muh 95/96" points and is barely taken seriously anymore

I want to fuck him until his anus is sore.

You're comparing apples and oranges; Erina is a main character, Alice is a supporting character.

Of course she's going to look worse by comparison, their positions have been different from the very beginning.

What hurts Alice is even more is that the story has always portrayed Erina as being superior no matter what. And the fact that Alice has hardly been in a competition ever since.

But that just means she's underutilized, not a jobber. Honestly, this obsession with power levels is why talking about Shonen is such a chore on this site because nobody actually cares about facts and evidence, it just circlejerking of memes of "Lol Alice le jobber cuz she lost to the protagonist"

But honestly, I'd say it's more of a flaw in the storytelling hyping her up so much, only to have her first real competition be against the main character and then just relegate her to the sides afterward.

Megumi has been confirmed to still have a ton of untapped. Alice hasn't.

untapped potential and skill

With the way things are going, she's gonna remain untapped. Period.

>But honestly, I'd say it's more of a flaw in the storytelling hyping her up so much
This. It was such waste in plot when Alice and Souma were faced off in the first round. i have a feeling that Alice was originally suppose to be in the finals instead of Ryo but editors ruled her out.

Nah. It's obvious that she'll get her time to shine. I don't understand how there are people still denying this.

I can't wait to see this animated desu

3-4 hours

English scans should be out in less than 12 hours.

Giganigga a cute

Isshiki is exceptionally beautiful.

I wanna hang out with a happy Nao.

>confirmed to still have a ton of untapped
That was about 150 chapters ago? Only potential that has been emphasized since then is her waitressing and narrator powers.
>Alice hasn't.
Alice is related to the food demon king. She was one of the ones that Rentarou noted was exceptional among the first years. It goes without saying.

I'm sorry, but was this post suppose to help Alice look better? You have a literal who of a jobber complimenting her while Megumi's dished softened the heart of Shinomiya(a former e10) and stripped Senzaemon of his fundoshi which then lead him to declare the new generation the one of jewels or something like that. It's just that we haven't seen her cook on-screen since the Dog match since Soma took so much of the focus; I swear until this and the training arc happened, I can't remember a single on-screen match that wasn't his.

It's obvious that the OT4 will be getting the top E10 seats in the future, but before that happens it needs to be shown that they deserve them especially Megumi and Takumi; Erina has the god tongue and already held a seat while Soma is the MC so the author doesn't need to do much with them.

>it needs to be shown that they deserve them especially Megumi and Takumi
It's true. They need to score wins against some of the E10, or readers will forever believe they got carried to their E10 seats.

5 minutes

Exactly. I also think it's pretty obvious that Alice/Dog/Hisako etc will be getting the remaining E10 seats and will also have their own moments to shine to show that they truly deserve them.

While I do believe that Takumi and Megumi will show that they've grown during this arc and will beat their E10 opponent, I still think their big shining moment is still quite far away since I personally think the current generation we're following will be taking all the E10 seats during their last year.

While others will say that it is bullshit they can win against such high seated opponents in the first place.

I feel so bad for the elite who is going to job to Megumi. The last thing she's done in this manga was lose to dog in chapter 60. Now after 3 years of plot irrelevance and standing in the background, her "potential" has suddenly unlocked, and she is E10 level. Great writing, Tsukada.

Technically the last thing was successfully defending her RS from central.

Her potential was blatantly hinted at. It's your own fault for dismissing the comment made by Senzaemon. If anything I think Tsukada should've had her win more battles(even if they were off-screen)to show that she was honing her own skills, but all the battles were going to Soma.

I don't understand why people get so up in arms about Megumi becoming stronger when we were told that it was going to happen.

No shit. Where did I imply otherwise? The problem is Tsukada's ass writing in portraying her growth since the election. Even Takumi got flashbacks and panels towards his improvement so it's not as egregious.

I have heard some people predicting that even Soma wouldn't stand a chance against Megumi if she unlocks her "dark side".

I hope you haven't forgotten witch-chan.

Maybe we'll get flashbacks when it's her turn to cook like we did with her fight against Dog.