Can someone please explain this meme to me?? I'm serious...

Can someone please explain this meme to me?? I'm serious. I don't read HxH and you retards have been spamming this for over a week now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UawIRXI_k5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Idiots that either only watched the anime or sped read the manga. Although I do agree that Hisoka coming out of that fight with seemingly no brain damage was a bit absurd

Here's for starters :

O

MY

RUBBER

NEN

HxH is just another garbage shonen. I don't watch the show either and have no intention of ever beginning this trash. Explain the fucking meme

O

MY

RUBBER

NEN

O

>Explain the fucking meme
No one's going to spoonfeed you. Read the manga.

MY

ELASTIC

>Read the manga.

LOVE

His "aura" has the properties (his own words) of "rubber and gum", and at that point in the manga he somehow used his aura to restart his heart after suffocating. People called bullshit.

Fuck everyone in this thread. :^)

PEN

No, that's not it.

You didn't read the manga did you faggot?

thank you.

Meh, I tried.
;)

Hakosa (the clown in the picture) used his nen (that has both properties of gum AND rubber), to transform his legs into 2 cannons.

He then proceeded to fire rubber balls at his oponnent (Carollo), killing him in one hit. Truly an asspull

It's basically because it sounds ridiculous
that's all

O

Why did I laugh at this shit

MY

googled the guy. What a fucking edgy faggot... cross tattoo on forehead seems like such "my first work" shit

Because it's a funny reference to Baggy the Clown from One Piece who actually did this with his Dismantle nen.

His name is Lucifer and he carries a bible that he uses to kill people

RUBBER

NEN

O

MY

who knows we didn't spend too much time with him so maybe he does have some sort of minor brain damage, although I kinda doubt it.

RUBBER

NEN

I LOVE THIS MEME!!!!

O

>silly phrase
>crude drawing of an awkward pose
>major asspull
>fucko the clown
Its not hard to understand why it picked up.

MY

Its because you had hxhfags from reddit declaring up and down that this is some kind of masterpiece writing that is on par with shakespeare when in reality its an okayish series.

RUBBER

DICK

>Can someone please explain this meme to me??
knowyourmeme.com

>being born after 9/11
How fucking entitled are you?

In Hunter x Hunter, there is a shotacon magician/clown who is arguably one of the strongest characters in the series and fairly important to the overall plot. His ability is called Bungee Gum, and it is the power to make his Nen (spirit energy) have the properties of both rubber and gum, that is, sticky and stretchy. He says this fairly often. Now, it's worth understanding that the whole "rubber and gum" thing was a long running joke in HxH threads for years, because it's funny and, again, the Clown says it like a catch phrase. The joke was ALWAYS that you can't beat rubber and gum, it can do anything, because it's rubber and gum, can't beat that, nope.

Now, in one of the most recent chapters (and by recent I mean, it happened a year ago but there's also been a year long hiatus since then) where the clown was in a death match with someone he's been trying to kill since the 90's, he fucking loses! He gets stomped and styled on so bad he dies. But guess what? Rubber and fucking gum, he uses this ability to knead his heart and lungs post mortem and bring himself back to life. And he does so by evoking a contract with his Nen (which is an established mechanic of Nen in the series), and his evocation was translated as so: "O' my rubber Nen"

This single handedly took a long running joke to an extreme no one thought possible, I mean talk about meme magic, and completely subverted all expectations for how Hisoka's character arc would develop, as well as other more extreme consequences to the plot like killing off 2 members of the main group of antagonists. The meme has been a little forced in recent times but it's worth understanding just how far back this shit goes, and just pivotal this single phrase will be in the plot of HxH

>shotacon
But he has a thing with Machi and IIRC was kinda showing interest in Bisky as well.

Oh that's right i have some rubber on hand.

Why are there so many faggots asking what the meme is about? It has been explained countless times, and anyway just googling O my rubber nen is enough

Kill yourself

overrated shonen

O

MY

Okay but honestly what does this mean for Hisoka? Shouldn't he just ALWAYS keep rubber nen near his heart so when he dies he can just revive hmmself?

RUBBER

PEN

O MY DOLPHIN CHAN

It only worked because he died of suffocation against Quwrof Rufufuh

dont you mean Quwrof Wrlccywrlfhhfhfuhhru?

my sides hurt

So far, the only thing his rubber nen can do is massage his heart to make it pump blood again. It only worked because he died from suffocation, instead of being blown to pieces like Chrollo intended. Had he been more damaged by the explosions, had the spiders decided to cut his head after his death, had he revived too early, still under the pile of corpses, he would be dead. One of the things that make O my rubber nen kinda acceptable is that it carries some serious risks, like a nen ability of that caliber should do.

What's going on here?

confirmed clownfag tries to justify this asspull
oh great another one joined in

Why can't he just O my rubber nen his body back together? Why can't he just O my rubber nen his veins so they're reinforced and wont sever as easily? Face it, this O my rubber nen situation is BS, I mean "It activates after death" is some straight dbz type shit.

>you retards have been spamming this for over a week now
confirmed being a newfag it's a meme from last year

PROPERTIES

OF

RUBBER

AND

GUM

NEN

What's the difference between Rubber and Gum?

youtube.com/watch?v=UawIRXI_k5g

All that you need :) to understand both Rubber AND Gum

A small group of anons, probably Sup Forumsermins or redditors, tried pathetically to force the rubber and gum properties meme. Back then HxH threads were still somewhat decent and their posts were mostly ignored.
Then that shitty fight happened, HxH threads started getting filled with animefags, newfags and crossboarders and that group took advantage of that funny phrase to force a new version of their meme, naturally this time it worked.

>No fun allowed
That's not how you fit in.

O

MY

RUBBER

NEN

DICK

Ridiculous dialogue and it was an egregious asspull to boot

>hxhfags from reddit declaring up and down that this is some kind of masterpiece writing that is on par with shakespeare
These people are in Sup Forums too
Personally I loathe HxH and I'm in these threads only to laugh at the Hisoka memes

GOMU GOMU

O MY RUBBER NEN
MY
RUBBER
NEN

But it's not fun, user. You should let it go.

It's fun to me and I respect your negative opinion of it.

Pretty sure it's just one HxH newfag who has been spamming his shit meme since last year

good thing his plot armor stopped any of that from happening

> you retards have been spamming this for over a week now
>for over a week now
O MY SUMMER FAG

>this thread

What's his name again?

Steve Carell

Quwoworof Lucylyllfiur

JA

MEIN

>have been spamming this for over a week now
It's been a lot longer than that