Why did the Kancolle anime flop so hard?

Why did the Kancolle anime flop so hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1084089/1616e18bbf/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tried to be too many things and satisfied no one.

Not enough game bonuses

Because they changed canon personalities and pissed off the players with half-assed callbacks of it while ignoring the more important parts, like ships not being able to sink from full hp.

They didn't make my wife the main character.

Not enough loli.

Not enough Kaga-san,
Kagawife doujin TL when?

The entire thing revolved around Fubuki instead of more interesting characters.

did it? we got a movie and s2 in the works.

Absolutely huggable.

Not enough screen time for best boatfu.

She looks so cool, shame all her scenes were so static.

>Wo does pretty much nothing
>No Seaport or Hoppou hijinks
The anime was so shit.

Fucked up not making the main story about the most popular girls.

They tried to half-and-half drama and slice of life and the drama sucked ass

It was shit.

Movie comes out next month and Season 2 soon(ish?)

But Wo is an evil Kaga

Wo is Wo.

>flop so hard?
It sold very well, the movie too. And the vita game. And all the KanColle branded clothing lines. They could sell dried shit if it had KanColle etched in it at this point. The second season is doubtless going to succeed as well. No reason to learn from their mistakes when idiots keep buying.

You're talking about an anime where they didn't even get the main character's eye color right. The rest of the show featured the same level of quality. It would be strange if a poorly made show's reception wasn't below expectations.

They needed P-san from CG to lead them to victory

because kancolle is shit

It tried to be serious but the swing towards it and back so SoL was way to jarirng

Not enough German boats.

Kaga is everything, everything is Kaga

Too flat

>Kagashitter is already in this thread
Thread ruined.

Who would win?
>Super popular WW2 boat browser card game that literally needed a lottery to get into at one point, adapted with a huge budget and top of the line VA's
>Defunct and shut down cat girl battle simulator, adapted with enough money for a month long supply of ramen and sake with no-name VA's and a pirated version of poser

The answer may surprise you!

Iowafaggot*
Sorry Kagafans, my bad

Not enough substance. And they made them just stand on water and advance forward, both solidifying canon as ugly and unimaginative and depriving us of beautiful, figure skating-like battles. I mean, they went 3D battles already, may as well splurge some more budget on mocap and a couple ice skaters of different capabilities.

This. German ships are the cutest. Only Nagato and Iowa can compete.

>Iowa
Nah, she's a bad and ugly ship

Not enough Allied ships.

That pic is great, I wish the anime would've been more similar in tone to it.

I'll gladly throw Iowa over the board as long as you support the Germany.

yeah honestly i don't think it matters to them if the anime is good or not they made a ton of money off of it regardless

Bismarck and Eugene a cute,
German is number one in the world!

It felt like they were trying too hard to imitate Madoka or something and coast to success while whoever was in charge didn't know shit on how the game's base lore even worked, let alone how to make an action scene look interesting.

You are a man of integrity.

The KC anime didn't have a clear identity.
It didn't know if it wanted to be melodramatic, a comedy, or an advertisement for the game. Add in crap that contradicts the game's character personalities and world mechanics, and you have an anime that will not be liked by anyone.

Definitely,
do you hate Iowa now?

I like Iowa and just scanned this.
exhentai.org/g/1084089/1616e18bbf/
So be nice.

It's been too long,
Thanks Kagafriend, I like Iowa now

Because we already had Strike Witches. And Strike Witches was fucking good.

The gimmick was already gone. And it makes me sad, because I wanted to see Shimakaze-chan anally creampied until it leaked into her tight cunt to impregnant her.

>her

>is there a problem here

Because Kancolle is a shit series with nothing good about it other than character art. And of course the art's not going to be as good in the anime.

No such thing

Ice skating would be cool but I'd like more if they just ran or walked. Some characters can skate though.

>Eugene

Oy-gen

Yeah, 12k average sales is a fucking flop, right?
It's not like KanColle is as casual as GBF, it's not a braindead mobage after all.

There's a phone game for Gundam Build Fighters?

Where do I sign up.

Better.

Kadokawa IDF please go.

Kaga is love, Kaga is life
Oh, I love Kaga-san the most!

Imagine the sex where she tries to stay emotionless, but she can't help but hide her blushing face when she's getting plowed.

>too refined to have ahegao

>she can't help but hide her blushing face
That's just too cute and makes me want to tease Kaga more

Motion captured ice skating would come out looking like an abomination since they're not skating, they're moving across the open sea with engine-like propulsion.

Skaters have to turn the blades to create force, but there's no reason for ships to do so. As a result, their movements would look like a cross between running and skating, like if you had two-way blades that can either glide or grip the surface at will. Or perhaps something loosely inspired by skateboarding? The tricky part is leg movement should represent engine action visually, so you can't just give them rocket shoes.

Motion capture would also worsen the problem of them looking like they're on a flat surface. Ocean waves aren't flat and they move a lot, which is obvious to anyone who's been on a ship even once, but harder to animate. A major weakness of 3DCG in general is the extreme difficulty of representing subtle, natural movements like that. They should be slapped for not hand drawing the action scenes.

You must have no idea how popular KanColle is. You seem to be trying to equate casual with popular, so that's not surprising.

What's happening here?
Refrain, Sup Forumsnon, someone please explain this chapter

Teitoku bullshit.

You are fucking hilarious. Kancolle gameplay is 20x more braindead than GBF.

I want to get Hoppo-chan pregnant.

Everyone who enjoyed both shows.
So, me.

I want to get Seaport pregnant and have her birth many more hoppos.

No. Hoppo is for hugs and headpats. Do not lewd my eldritch abomination of a daughteru, please.

Now this user has a plan.

Because it's a shitty game with cheesecake as its only selling point.