Publicly funded wall

How hard would it be to publicly fund and build the border wall. As much as the media says nobody supports it then to just have a crowd fund to pay for it could be a big upset
63 million voted for him say half would pay for the wall that's 31.5 million say they throw in $100 that's $3.1 billion towards the wall make it $250 and we're at $7.875 billion , border is only 1954 miles long that's roughly $4 million a mile or $763 a foot and that sounds doable . just trying to figure this out logistically

Other urls found in this thread:

fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers
youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2006/06/fences.html
972mag.com/the-wall-10-years-on-the-great-israeli-project/40683/
foreignassistance.gov/explore
pewglobal.org/interactives/remittance-map/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm a poor neet so I can't donate but I'd go build it. We all do what we can.

Illegals cost the US 100 billion annually so basically no price is too high. If it cost 1 trillion and one dollars, worth it after a decade

Nobody started a crowd fund yet?

>crowdfunding something that is pointless

I wouldn't say pointless . if someone could find a real price to build it and get a hard number and actually raise that amount crowd funding it would be a big smack to the face of everyone saying nobody wants it

60 million people voted for trump X $100
6 billion dollars right there. I'd give 100$ if I knew most other trump supporters would do it.

yea 60 million . I shot low with half at 31.5 million , old carpenter habit . and yea I think it could be raised real quick if people were all on board

I love how drumptards keep dreaming about the wall hahaha!

the important things on publicly funding would be how to build it . how to get the land . how many land owners on the border support the wall that way they might sell land cheap or opt to give 1/16 of an acre to the wall . I'm not sure on the legality of if private citizens are allowed to build on the border

Sauce on 100 billion a year? Yuge if true

fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

"anti-fascists" would steal the information of those that donated and distribute the info as "known_nazis.txt" around the internet

crowdfunding would also have to be done through a .gov site, since virtually every crowd funding site is owned by a """"commie""""

how hard is it to make an anonymous crowdfunding site ? I'm sure some silicon valley guys are in line with this .

eminent domain, they get compensated but tantamount no choice

Isn't the wall estimated to be $29 billion? Washington state alone is funding a fucking light rail project for $58 billion. The wall sounds like nothing to be honest. It'd be easy for the federal government to fund it.

is that possible with an attempt like that

Why dont we just make canada pay for it

youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw

yea but the dems are gonna shut down the govt again next spending bill over daca and trying to fund the wall . just have people who want it pay in then the only thing the dems are shutting down over is daca there will be nothing in the bill they disagree with

It would be cheaper to sell the land to a bunch of Hicks and tell them they can round up illegals with private police/border patrol forces, and that they have ample freedom to be able to use force if threatened. This model would cost initially 2-3 billion dollars, and only cost maybe 100 million dollars a year to maintain. Prove me wrong.

Do you see this? (edit: fireshit likes to upload images from cache)
This wall has been in production for over 10 years and has only cost about 3.1 billion.

We give this country about 4 billion every year.
Thats 40 billion dollars for we have given away to a single country with a 3 billion dollar wall.

Every single year we give around 40 billion dollars away to half the 3/4 fucking planet.

Dont ever let anybody tell you that a wall is too expensive.

>the National Journal estimated that 2,000 miles of fence will cost the United States $6.4 billion.
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2006/06/fences.html

>Total cost so far – over NIS 10 billion ($2.6 billion)
972mag.com/the-wall-10-years-on-the-great-israeli-project/40683/

in the bottom right, set the date to the obama years.
foreignassistance.gov/explore

138 billion in 2016 pewglobal.org/interactives/remittance-map/

....what the fuck do you guys think taxes are for

So say the wall costs $25 billion. If every Trump voter gave $100 for each of the next 4 years, we'd roughly have the cost of the wall covered.

It's unlikely we'd get every single Trump supporter, but the point remains that we could make a serious dent in how much money is required.

taxes are paid in then argued over by the dems and pubs in the senate on how they want to spend it . everybody is saying the wall isn't wanted and has low approval . it would be a big smack in the face if 60 million people threw in some cash and raised the funds for the wall or organized building the wall while the govt sets around with their thumbs in their asses . building it through private means would also mean that it could be built at a lower cost than most govt spending

OR we could just stop giving every nigger in africa 40 billion a year and be able to afford 2 entire new walls every single year without the tax payers seeing a single change to their bill.

that's with the votes at 63 mil for trump 65 hill 73 million are under 18 so that leaves roughly 100 mill that didn't vote up for grabs on weather they would support it or not . this being said by someone who didn't vote last election cycle because I was having surgery on election day but likes the idea of the wall

why the fuck does everyone disappear whenever I start dropping international welfare budget pics?

oh look, we gave russia money under obongo. Guess that means hes working with the russian hackers

just trying to focus on the task at hand . if you start talking international welfare while trying to determine the wall budget and build people get sidetracked

but the point is 1.a: the wall is fucking cheap and 1.b: the cost can easily be diverted from an already pointless source for literally 6 months and the entire wall will be paid for without anybody (that matters) ever noticing a difference.

I mean youre right but you have to argue with dems every step of the way in congress . this is more of a look your polls lie and these people just thew up the budget for the wall . kind of a put your money where your mouth Is statement

LOL fucking retard cuck, HE SAID MEXICO IS GONNA PAY FOR IT, and now you're saying Trump voters should pitch in? hahahahaha

Trump cucked you guys sooooo hard

look at my first post.
it annihilates all "walls cost too much", "whos going to pay", and "I dont want to pay" arguments.
even most liberals agree foreign aid is bullshit.

no I'm saying while trump is trying to negotiate with hard headed dems and mexico throw 7 billion down on the table from the American people as a statement... voluntarily given not taken with taxes . polls say we don't want the wall well hard cash says we do and the thing of it is for this statement to happen 7 billion on the table that's only throwing 200 bucks in the pot if only half of his supporters do it

Nobody gives a fuck about that. The point is that $25 billion is chump change, and the question of whether "Mexico pays for it," would be more symbolic than anything. It's a drop in the bucket of the overall budget. Trump specified early on that Mexcio was going to be paying indirectly, a promise which he has been keeping, but even if Trump said Mexico would pay directly but he failed to achieve that, it wouldn't be important to me or almost any Trump supporter out there. Like I said, it's largely symbolic anyways. No president has ever achieved every single promise, and yet Trump has achieved more of his promises in his first year than I've seen from any president before. The fact that he might not achieve the least important one, which is largely symbolic, according to it's literal terms (although he is achieving it in the indirect manner he actually promised), it would not matter to me in the least.

The "hurr durr Trump said Mexico would pay" is just an "argument" that the corporate media brings out on a string for the petulant, stupid, and highly suggestible types like yourself to feel as though you have a grip on the complexities of the current geopolitical situation. It's to yank your leash a bit—keep you close.

if he gets rid of nafta mexico would pay for it and then some lol

hey, what if ice seizes their assets before they get deported. In a way mexico would pay for it.
Sorta skirting technicality here but it gets the job done.

I wonder If shipping containers would work as opposed to concrete . still have a barrier underneath for tunneling but all the shipping container homes I keep seeing pop up you could almost have a little station for the border guards as well

You do realize that shipping containers are like paper on the sides, right? They have no structural integrity on the sides, only on the corners. Thats why they make shit bunkers.

The mexicans will just cut a doorway in them with pic related.

stack them 3 or 4 high . fill the bottom level with dirt and the next 2 or 3 levels connect in a row so guards can be in them . someone so much as taps on one you will hear it from a mile away the way the acoustics are in them

My mom has been wondering where to send money for the wall since the beginning.

I dont know the typical floor load ratting on those, but once again the strength comes from the corners of the thing.
the walls and roof are worthless.

also buying shipping containers in the quantity is probably more expensive than a real wall.

18 inches of dirt is pretty heavy when its wet but I'm talking about stacking them like they do on the ships 7 or 8 high where the weight is on the strongest parts . could run electricity through them with monitors and such on the 2nd and 3rd level . to tell if any1 is messing with them

yea I get what your saying, but they will just cut open the side like a tin can and then shoven the dirt out.
You are counting on the cement in the ones above to fall down on them like something out of a road runner cartoon.
Im saying I doubt the floor above would even hold that much cement, and getting it in there is an issue because the walls will just cave outward. If youre careful you might be able to get cement to cure inside one of these, but I doubt it will work the way you want it to. these things can only hold weight one way. They cant hold it in or out or above. the 4 corners are reinforced to hold the weight of the container above. The roof of the thing doesnt hold the weight.

I think we are confused lol I'm saying underlying cement barrier for tunneling . 1st story container full of dirt 2nd and 3rd story hollow but connected in a chain so one leads to another . access into the 2nd and 3rd story from the American side for the guards and electricity and lighting possibly monitors throughout so they can tell if there is movement or anyone cutting into it

Once Mexico has to start paying for the illegals that won't be coming over AND the ones we kick out...they WILL be paying for it. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

What is you guy's obsession with shipping containers? Playing FO4 a little too much? It would look like a fucking ghetto wall. FFS, just let's build a proper wall like a white man should!

just seems like a good use for something that's going cheap right now and some possibilities

>the important things on publicly funding would be how to build it . how to get the land . how many land owners on the border support the wall that way they might sell land cheap or opt to give 1/16 of an acre to the wall . I'm not sure on the legality of if private citizens are allowed to build on the border
Just because the money is voluntarily donated doesn't mean it wouldn't be a government project.

I just submitted this idea to Trump and his guys. I'll keep you posted if something comes of it.

Not the shipping container thing; the crowd-funding.

yea but if trump asks for it it kinda defeats the purpose . this Is more of a us people taking charge and tossing up the money to show they want it thing

Not if it is presented as a loan or like buying bricks at the courthouse to show patriotism. Either way is fine with me. How to set up a secure site? Let's get it done.

that's why I'm here lol no clue on the site and also there will need to be a video or something to explain it well for the publicity because I think there have been people on gofundme but that would never work because it just seems amerature

It's a good idea to get around Schumer's filibuster. The wall's primary value is symbolic. It puts an end to globalist dreams of a "hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders," as Hillary put it. It says the border isn't an "imaginary line on a map," and that Mexicans belong on one side with Americans on the other. It means the distinction between America and Mexico is real, not "xenophobic nativist bigotry," and it short-circuits future narrative building about how America has always been a nation of open borders.

Anonymous is synonymous with "nazi" these days.

I would chip in $1k/year if it was a proper wall with full drone surveillance and electronic detection.

They can make you pay for anything. I live in San Diego and over the last few years they made us tax payers foot the bill for college students that took bullshit degrees and decided not to pay. Charged us for the charger stadium, and after they left taxed us again to keep paying for the stadium, which now goes to the city college.

This whole state is fucked. Years ago we voted against gay marriage twice, yet they still made it happen because they wanted it to happen. I'm tired of paying for shit I don't want or support, but I'm ok with paying taxes for a wall as long as all the libcucks are forced to pay for it as well, just like I have to pay for all their stupid mistakes.