What's the deal with his sword? It makes no sense. How do you go about making such a sword?

What's the deal with his sword? It makes no sense. How do you go about making such a sword?

Grind the blade on the side that'd normally face the user and leave the spine on the side that faces towards others.

Put the edge on the other side of the sword

Just fucking google "sakabato" and stop making nonsense threads.

In what way, does it make no sense?

Because you temper the edge by quenching it. That causes the curve. You couldn't do that with the spine of the sword.

I'd assume it's not a traditionally made katana with differential quenching. Western swordsmiths didn't usually do that stuff and they worked just fine.

I thought the sword was a metaphor for his penis, saying he has become impotent or has lost all vigor

Reverse blades are such a meme. Without the edge it is basically just a blunt object that you can bludgeon people with. The live action looked like total shit because of this fact.

>"Pacifist" blade
>You can still stab the fuck out of someone with it

You just unfold the steel a thousand times.

MC is supposed to swing his sword at sonic speeds so the reverse blade should be hacking people to death anyways.

Sure, but lets not pretend it would be simple or anything like stabbing someone with a sharpened pointed blade.

>kuzuryuzen involves poking a fool in 9 spots semi-simultaneously
>kenshin using this is somehow not lethal

Wasn't he even more feminine when younger?

Kenshin has only had sex one time and it was basically pity sex. He's never been all that masculine.

Why not just make a sword with no edge as opposed to an inverse edge?

I would settle for some pity sex right about now

Because, as the pacifist he is, he still need to be able to kill if need be.

Because then it wouldn't be a sword

His magical sword style cannot work with non edged weapons. A reverse blade is already a major handicap for him with regards to draw speed.

A

Fold it in reverse

MY

Take a regular sword and blunt the edge?

I own a replica sakabato and it looks just like any other katana from a distance

up close it's just thicker on the end that would normally be bladed

Kenshin never really uses stabbing attacks so the point doesn't matter as katana are primarliy slashing styled weapons to begin with.

In terms of both anime and irl it makes a lot of sense it can still fuck someone up with enough force put behind it and at the end of the day if you really need to kill a motherfucker you can just flip it or stab someone.

Reminder that Kenshin didn't beat Shishio and only survived because Shishio was having too much fun beating the fuck out of him and all his friends

Watch the oavs... all of them

Because sometimes you need to cut something that isn't a person.
Kenshin still carried a sword, and that meant that people were going to start shit, like the assholes with the log cannon that attacked the dojo.

The OVAs are noncanon according to the author himself

You're pretty much correct here about this sort of blade being impossible to make with the same heat treatment; it's fiction.

Still, it's not like you couldn't simply sharpen the reverse side with a grindstone - even if the core is not heat-treated compared to the edge it's still more than hard enough to slice flesh.

>never really uses stabbing attacks
Except for that one attack that stabs in 9 places, still not lethal when he uses it. Kek.

I audibly laughed, as you're right.

Aparently a few years ago they found some reverse blades in korea from japan, but from the image I saw is wasn't a full size katana.

The blade is on the other side, pretty self-explanatory OP.

The wounds just close up instantaneously, like with the radish.

He hits eight times with the back of the sword and replaces the only stab with a pommel strike.

Still retarded but eh.

the first oavs are the manga. kenshin and tome bang in it. and kenji had to come from somewhere, that's twice at least